Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - gujal - 2020-09-04

(2020-09-04, 02:32)StorageFan Wrote: Sorry, I forgot to include the link to the new full logfile after installing the cryptodomex package: https://paste.kodi.tv/ohuyovikuf

And sorry for the many posts, but the forum still does not allow me to edit my posts and add things like the missing URL... Sad

So you started with wanting to run Kodi 19, and installed pycroptodome for Python 3 succesfully but then trying to the addon on Kodi 18.5?
It wont work as you have not installed pycryptodome for Python 2.7 which is what Kodi 18 runs on
If you run Kodi 19, then it will work as you have managed to install Python3 Cryptodomex

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2020-09-04

Little scheme
Kodi 18 >> works only with python 2
Kodi 19 >> works only with python 3

if you have installed both python enviroments
you have to manage the packages in both enviroments, depends what you need

i think you should install the pip for python 3 only
sudo apt-get install python3-pip

then install pycryptodomex to python 3:
pip3 install pycryptodomex

or if not works again (before uninstall the package) you can try:
pip3 install --user pycryptodomex

i do not know if these info can help you

PS:
perhaps it is possible avoid install another package (python3-pip) and use these commands (not tested but you can try):

python3 -m pip install package
python -m pip install package

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - StorageFan - 2020-09-04

(2020-09-04, 09:57)CastagnaIT Wrote: Little scheme
Kodi 18 >> works only with python 2
Kodi 19 >> works only with python 3

if you have installed both python enviroments
you have to manage the packages in both enviroments, depends what you need
Well, I started with KOD 19 first, but when it failed, I installed KODI 18 in parallel, because I was able to successfully install your Netflix plugin on my Sony TV under KODI 18. So I thought, I'd better stick with what works.
That's why both KODIs are installed on my QNAP now.

Same with Python. Since a friend asked me, if I had Pythong 2.7 installed, I installed it through the QNAP App Center parallel to Python 3.

(2020-09-04, 09:57)CastagnaIT Wrote: i think you should install the pip for python 3 only
sudo apt-get install python3-pip

then install pycryptodomex to python 3:
pip3 install pycryptodomex

or if not works again (before uninstall the package) you can try:

i do not know if these info can help you
Welll, thank you very much for at least trying. I highly appreciate it.
I tried your commands and this is what the CLI responded:

Looks to me as if it doesn't make any difference, if I use the command
pip install --user pycryptodomex
or
python3 -m pip install --user pycryptodomex

All three commands consider the library to have been properly installed. Confused

(2020-09-04, 09:57)CastagnaIT Wrote: perhaps it is possible avoid install another package (python3-pip) and use these commands (not tested but you can try):

python3 -m pip install package
python -m pip install package
Both work as well, but produce the same results as a direct pip command (see above).

I also tried to start KODI 19 instead since you said that it uses Python3, but it produces the same Netflix plugin error as KODI 18.

Here is the Logfile for KODI 19:
https://paste.kodi.tv/safecipoto

And while it says first:
2020-09-04 12:55:17.041 T:31811 NOTICE: CAddonMgr::FindAddons: script.module.pycryptodome v3.4.3 installed
2020-09-04 12:55:17.611 T:31882 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(0, /opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/service.py): setting the Python path to /opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix:/opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/script.module.addon.signals/lib:/opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/script.module.certifi/lib:/opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/script.module.chardet/lib:/opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/script.module.future/libs:/opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/script.module.idna/lib:/opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/script.module.inputstreamhelper/lib:/opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/script

it later produces the exact same errors in the logfile as mentioned above in my previous post for KODI 18:
2020-09-04 12:55:25.766 T:31908 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<-- - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS! Error Type: <class 'ModuleNotFoundError'> Error Contents: No module named 'Cryptodome'
etc.

I don't know if me failing to install a package called build-essential is causing the problem or if Cryptodomex is not fully accepted by the QNAP OS as a replacement for Crytodome, but for some reason neither KODI 18 nor KODI 19 can properly use the installed pycryptodome package as it seems.

Again, any input is highly appreciated.

The new release 1.9.0 will be out in the coming days

This version mainly introduces a new login method.

Due to login problems, which always return the error "incorrect password" 
also when the credentials are correct (you think because of a stronger anti-bot system)
has been introduced this new login method called: Authentication Key

The login method can always be chosen between credentials or auth key.

To use it, currently you need to install a software on a computer in order to create an access file (Authentication key file),
and use this file to login on each Netflix add-on installations on all your devices.

It is not very comfortable but there are no better solutions at the moment.

How to do
Readme link: https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix#login-with-authentication-key
Direct Wiki link: https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/wiki/Login-with-Authentication-key

@StorageFan the command

has worked but you have to uninstall the previous pycryptodomex package before use this command
or can not install as user

(2020-09-04, 13:24)CastagnaIT Wrote: @StorageFan the command

has worked but you have to uninstall the previous pycryptodomex package before use this command
or can not install as user
I did that and the commands worked as expected:
Quote:[~] # pip3 uninstall pycryptodomex
Found existing installation: pycryptodomex 3.9.8
Uninstalling pycryptodomex-3.9.8:
  Would remove:
    /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Entware/lib/python3.8/site-packages/Cryptodome/*
    /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Entware/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pycryptodomex-3.9.8.dist-info/*
Proceed (y/n)? y
  Successfully uninstalled pycryptodomex-3.9.8
[~] # pip3 install --user pycryptodomex
Collecting pycryptodomex
  Downloading pycryptodomex-3.9.8-cp38-cp38-manylinux1_x86_64.whl (13.7 MB)
     |                                                                                      | 11.2 MB 2.1 MB/s eta 0:00:

[...]

|                                                                                                | 13.7 MB 2.1 MB/s     | 
Installing collected packages: pycryptodomex
Successfully installed pycryptodomex-3.9.8
[~] #

But again to no avail. KODI 19 (and 18) still report a Netflix plugin error. It also doesn't matter, if I log into the QNAP interface where I start KODI as a user (with admin privileges) or in the original admin account itself.

In case you want to check, this is the new error log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/uruxivizob

But the error message in the log file still appears to be the usual one. :-(

One nagging question: what is this build-essential package and what happens if I haven't installed it, because my package manager doesn't know it?

Or is that NOT of any concern anymore, because it is only needed as a preparation for the installation of the Cryptodomex package and if that installed successfully, I can forget about build-essential?

i do not think that "build-essential" is needed

these are the interpreter paths
2020-09-04 14:47:54.413 T:2090 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(0, /opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/service.py): setting the Python path to /opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix:/opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/script.module.addon.signals/lib:/opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/script.module.certifi/lib:/opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/script.module.chardet/lib:/opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/script.module.future/libs:/opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/script.module.idna/lib:/opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/script.module.inputstreamhelper/lib:/opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib:/opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/script.module.urllib3/lib:/opt/Kodi19L/share/kodi/addons/script.module.pycryptodome/lib:/usr/lib/python36.zip:/usr/lib/python3.6:/usr/lib/python3.6/lib-dynload:/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages:/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages 

check if cryptodomex is installed in one of these paths:
/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages

the folder name is "Cryptodome"

(2020-09-04, 16:55)CastagnaIT Wrote: i do not think that "build-essential" is needed

these are the interpreter paths
2020-09-04 14:47:54.413 T:2090 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(0, /opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/service.py): setting the Python path to /opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix:/opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/script.module.addon.signals/lib:/opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/script.module.certifi/lib:/opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/script.module.chardet/lib:/opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/script.module.future/libs:/opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/script.module.idna/lib:/opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/script.module.inputstreamhelper/lib:/opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib:/opt/Kodi19L/.kodi/addons/script.module.urllib3/lib:/opt/Kodi19L/share/kodi/addons/script.module.pycryptodome/lib:/usr/lib/python36.zip:/usr/lib/python3.6:/usr/lib/python3.6/lib-dynload:/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages:/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages 

check if cryptodomex is installed in one of these paths:
/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages

the folder name is "Cryptodome"

There is no subfolder named "python3" in the folder /usr/lib/
If I run the command
ls /usr/lib/python3
I get the error:
/bin/ls: cannot access /usr/lib/python3: No such file or directory

If I run
ls /usr/lib/
I get a listing that show a lot of folders in alphabetical order. The folder before is named "pkgconfig/" and the next is named "thunderbolt/".
So apparently my installation has no folder "python3" in that tree.

There is also no subfolder "python3.6" in the folder /usr/local/lib/
Again if I run
[~] # ls /usr/local/lib/python3.6/
/bin/ls: cannot access /usr/local/lib/python3.6/: No such file or directory

There is a folder "python2.7@" to be found in "/usr/local/lib/", but the next folder in the alphabetical list is named "rsyslog/".

So a folder named "python3.6" seems to me missing for some reason, although python3 (V 3.5.2.0.1 to be exact) has been installed even through the official AppCenter of QNAP.
And no, there is also no folder named "python3.5".

Is that maybe the reason, why another user posted this in the QNAP forum (I am referring especially to the last line):
Quote:opkg update
opkg install python-pip
opkg install gcc
pip install --upgrade setuptools
pip install pycryptodomex
cp -r /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Entware-ng/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Cryptodome /share/CACHEDEV2_DATA/.qpkg/HD_Station/usr/lib/python2.7/

This guy claimed this series of commands solved the issue for him. But he also added that he ran into the next problem then:
Quote:But now the inputstream.adaptive plugin and the whole "Video input streams" add-on menu are missing. Any idea how to get this fixed? I thought that inputstream.adaptive should be part of the installation.
So I didn't dare to execute this weird looking copy command on my QNAP.
But I assume since the QNAP has two areas - the "regular area" and the "HD Station"-area (the latter is accessed by connecting a display to the HDMI port of the QNAP and logging in with a mouse&keyboard or a remote control) - he probably tried to duplicate his installation work from the "regular area" to the "HD Station"-area.

Does that help to narrow down the problem?

(I am just glad that my Sony TV running Android 8 had the Cryptodome already in place and installing the Netflix plugin was a breeze compared to this.)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - AbRASiON - 2020-09-05

Is there any way to 'fix' the user interface of Netflix for Kodi to be closer to the real thing?    The current UI is 'not very netflix' for lack of a better term and may result in my wife rejecting it.

Apparently Android TV runs terribly on the Pi 3/3b+ - although that is another option for Netflix playback?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2020-09-05

@StorageFan I can not help you more than that
i never had QNAP and it is not easy to understand without having the device like that

i suspect that the problem is something related where is installed the packages

i think it is better if you try ask in some QNAP forum

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - StorageFan - 2020-09-05

(2020-09-05, 12:00)CastagnaIT Wrote: @StorageFan I can not help you more than that
i never had QNAP and it is not easy to understand without having the device like that

i suspect that the problem is something related where is installed the packages

i think it is better if you try ask in some QNAP forum
Ok. No problem. Thank you very much for your support nonetheless! I've gotten quite far and think it is just one little piece missing.

If I were able to send @thomas.rehberg a personal message, he might be able to help me with the missing piece, since he seems to have successfully gotten through the process. But according to the rules of the admins of this forum my account is still not mature enough to be granted such privileges. Sad

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Mika Hawkins - 2020-09-06

Hi,
In 2016 Netflix launched this feature of watching videos by downloading them but it has some limitation that is called Netflix download limit. I think many of you are facing this issue because of it. You should use Netflix smart download feature to get out of it.
Hope this helped you....

Regards,
Mika Hawkins

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Sholander - 2020-09-06

(2020-09-04, 13:16)CastagnaIT Wrote: The new release 1.9.0 will be out in the coming days

Just got the update notification for new version, but am a bit confused Huh
For me, everything works OK with former version on my OdroidN2/CoreElec-Kodi 18.8. I never log-out from Netflix, and have no problems with watching their streams.
So, should I update or not? Does this update still work with "old" login method and only adds the "new" method option, or does it work only with new login method?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2020-09-07

(2020-09-06, 19:46)Sholander Wrote:
(2020-09-04, 13:16)CastagnaIT Wrote: The new release 1.9.0 will be out in the coming days

Just got the update notification for new version, but am a bit confused Huh
For me, everything works OK with former version on my OdroidN2/CoreElec-Kodi 18.8. I never log-out from Netflix, and have no problems with watching their streams.
So, should I update or not? Does this update still work with "old" login method and only adds the "new" method option, or does it work only with new login method?

the login method can always be chosen when needed
if for you the e-mail+pw keep working, you can always use it as usual

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Atreyu - 2020-09-07

New method works fine, had no issue before like Sholander. Thanks for your work.