Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - ChangeToTower - 2020-10-04

Thank you both very much! I have an AMLogic S905X3 with 4GB RAM.. Should that be sufficient for 1080p? CoreElec is running on a Samsung Evo 64GB SD-card.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Atreyu - 2020-10-04

Should be fine sw decoding @720p.
On my amlogic905/CE device 1080p is too much.
Just try it on yours, it's a little bit more powerful. Only cpu matters in this case as explained.
On the N2 (Odroid), I don't need to tone things down.

Have fun.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - RKCRLR - 2020-10-06

I'm running Kodi Leia 18.8 on a 2017 Shield TV.  I installed the latest version of the Netflix Add-on so I could get Dolby Atmos to work with Netflix.  However, I'm still only getting 5.1.  Additionally, I get HDR when playing from the Netflix app on the Shield but am only getting UHD on the Kodi Netflix Add-on.  
I know my receiver supports Dolby Atmos when playing UHD Blu-rays but this is the first time I've tried to get it from Kodi or the Shield TV.  
Are there specific settings I need to have in Kodi to get HDR and Dolby Atmos?  
I enabled HDR and HEVC Profiles and in the Add-on Expert settings but couldn't find an option to enable HDR in the Kodi display settings.  
Thanks

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - RKCRLR - 2020-10-06

(2020-10-06, 01:50)RKCRLR Wrote: I'm running Kodi Leia 18.8 on a 2017 Shield TV.  I installed the latest version of the Netflix Add-on so I could get Dolby Atmos to work with Netflix.  However, I'm still only getting 5.1.  Additionally, I get HDR when playing from the Netflix app on the Shield but am only getting UHD on the Kodi Netflix Add-on.  
I know my receiver supports Dolby Atmos when playing UHD Blu-rays but this is the first time I've tried to get it from Kodi or the Shield TV.  
I enabled HDR and HEVC Profiles and in the Add-on Expert settings but couldn't find an option to enable HDR in the Kodi display settings.  
Thanks
I've got Atmos working but the ad-on is still showing a UHD tag instead of a HDR tag.  However, the picture appears to be in HDR (it's hard to tell for sure).  
If a HDR tag appears in the standard Netflix app should I expect an HDR tag (instead of UHD) to be present in the Netflix add-on if it is playing in HDR?  
Thanks

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - starslayer74 - 2020-10-06

I started having audio issues during playback recently. Whats weird is that it doesn't happen with all content. For instance, I can play older stuff with no issues, but when I try to play newer stuff, it mutes my TV and volume won't come back until I turn the TV off and back on. 

I have attached my logfile: https://paste.kodi.tv/wekapamebu

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2020-10-07

(2020-10-06, 19:12)RKCRLR Wrote:
(2020-10-06, 01:50)RKCRLR Wrote: I'm running Kodi Leia 18.8 on a 2017 Shield TV.  I installed the latest version of the Netflix Add-on so I could get Dolby Atmos to work with Netflix.  However, I'm still only getting 5.1.  Additionally, I get HDR when playing from the Netflix app on the Shield but am only getting UHD on the Kodi Netflix Add-on.  
Thanks
I've got Atmos working but the ad-on is still showing a UHD tag instead of a HDR tag.  However, the picture appears to be in HDR (it's hard to tell for sure).  
If a HDR tag appears in the standard Netflix app should I expect an HDR tag (instead of UHD) to be present in the Netflix add-on if it is playing in HDR?  
Thanks
Added info to wiki for your answer:
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/wiki/FAQ-(Audio,-Video,-Subtitle,-Other)#skin---wrong-video-media-flags-info-resolution-format-audio-video

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - RKCRLR - 2020-10-07

^^^
Thanks for the info.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Skank - 2020-10-11

I have the kodi netflix addon
Using embruary skin, i made a custom hub for netflix and some widgets
The widgets are pointing to the neflix addon parts: 
- populair
- top 10
- Trending
- Netflix originals

However when i hit the widget to play, nothing happens?
Is this something for the addon or the skin?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - orenmi - 2020-10-11

I was wondering if others have the issue I'm having.
small image lags, maybe half a second, once every few minutes.
Nvidia shield, watching in Atmos+UHD.
It started a few months ago. Is there a new version from the last few months that address that or is it just me?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Skank - 2020-10-11

(2020-10-11, 08:41)Skank Wrote: I have the kodi netflix addon
- populair
- top 10
- Trending
- Netflix originals

Heres the log
In the beginning i cant launch series from the widget 

https://paste.kodi.tv/pemoxodida

At the end i try to play movie which also gave an error

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2020-10-12

(2020-10-11, 17:37)Skank Wrote:
- populair
- top 10
- Trending
- Netflix originals

Heres the log

HTTP error 504 could means problems with your network like DNS, proxy or VPN or other or also problems with netflix itself

we do not provide support to Proxy and VPN with this add-on, if you use them disable them

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Skank - 2020-10-12

(2020-10-12, 09:11)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2020-10-11, 17:37)Skank Wrote:
- populair
- top 10
- Trending
- Netflix originals

Heres the log

HTTP error 504 could means problems with your network like DNS, proxy or VPN or other or also problems with netflix itself

we do not provide support to Proxy and VPN with this add-on, if you use them disable them
i dont use proxy or vpn
any idea why the widget doesnt point to the serie?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Skank - 2020-10-15

Is the problem that the widget pointing to the netflix parts causdd by the netflix addon or the skin?
NOthing in the log?

Let me phrase it differently
Does it currently work if i let widgets point to say "netflix originals" of the addon?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - RKCRLR - 2020-10-15

I'm having buffering problems with the add-on on my Shield TV.  

I have AT&T Fixed Wireless internet which is marginal.  Most of the time I get 20 - 30 Mbps.  But sometimes it drops below 10 Mbps.  
I can watch 4k in the Netflix add-on but when the internet slows down I get buffering.  I can watch the player cache drop like  a rock.  Isn't the input stream supposed to be adaptive and switch to a lower resolution instead of buffering?  

The native Netflix app will reduce the resolution almost seamlessly when there is an internet speed drop (I was pleasantly surprised it maintains HDR even at lower resolutions) and then go back to 4k when the bandwidth is again available.  The app also seems to "lock on" to the stream better.  It will continue to play 4k under the same circumstances that cause the add-on to buffer.   

I've put the following into advancedsettings:

<advancedsettings version="1.0">
  <cache>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <memorysize>157286400</memorysize>
    <readfactor>20</readfactor>
  </cache>
</advancedsettings>

It seems to have helped a little but didn't solve the problem.  

Are there some setting changes I can make to address the buffering (short of limiting Max. decoder resolution to 1080p)?  

Thanks

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2020-10-16

(2020-10-12, 16:58)Skank Wrote:
(2020-10-12, 09:11)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2020-10-11, 17:37)Skank Wrote: Heres the log

i dont use proxy or vpn
any idea why the widget doesnt point to the serie?
I'm sorry but i do not provide support widgets

You still have error 504?
If yes, you can try update with last DailyBuild addon version
links in the GitHub readme
let me know