Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - yougz - 2020-12-11

Hi everyone !

Is there a setting to increase the data rate of Netflix videos? Or is it necessarily automatic? How much maximum in 1080p or 4k can this go?

Because I have the impression that the flow is lower than through the official application ....

Thank you for everything.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Sholander - 2020-12-11

(2020-12-11, 14:08)yougz Wrote: Hi everyone !

Is there a setting to increase the data rate of Netflix videos? Or is it necessarily automatic? How much maximum in 1080p or 4k can this go?

Because I have the impression that the flow is lower than through the official application ....

Thank you for everything.
With 1080p I get peeks of 25-28Mbit/s using h-264 and using VP9 peeks are less then half of that (all variable bitrate)
Official apps that I have run with lower fixed bitrates.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - jotakswe - 2020-12-11

Swedish translation for Netflix Add-on v1.12.0 2020-12-11

https://paste.kodi.tv/guhuroqife.kodi

Select "Just Text". (control + shift + r)
Right-click, select "Save page as ...)
Save text as filename: strings.po

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - dickfitzwell - 2020-12-12

where is the netflix log in credential stored?  moreover is there a way to persist it across installs/reinstalls?

as an experiment I reboot from installed Libreelec into a Libreelec "live" session and install the netflix addon.  then from the file manger I copied the on disk directory "userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflix" to the "live" "userdata/addon_data/" directory.  opening the netflix addon still asks for email/password or key file.

for what ever reasons, entering the email/password never worked for me and I was required to use the key file method.  the file is only valid for 5 days and I don't have windows installed regularly so it is cumbersome to repeat the process just to generate the key file.

also, why are there so many similarly named empty directories contained in ".kodi/cdm/widevine?"  from directory dates/times, I suspect it may be tied to reboots but am not sure.

thanks,

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2020-12-13

(2020-12-12, 21:03)dickfitzwell Wrote: where is the netflix log in credential stored?  moreover is there a way to persist it across installs/reinstalls?

as an experiment I reboot from installed Libreelec into a Libreelec "live" session and install the netflix addon.  then from the file manger I copied the on disk directory "userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflix" to the "live" "userdata/addon_data/" directory.  opening the netflix addon still asks for email/password or key file.

for what ever reasons, entering the email/password never worked for me and I was required to use the key file method.  the file is only valid for 5 days and I don't have windows installed regularly so it is cumbersome to repeat the process just to generate the key file.

also, why are there so many similarly named empty directories contained in ".kodi/cdm/widevine?"  from directory dates/times, I suspect it may be tied to reboots but am not sure.

thanks,

for security reasons credentials are encrypted based on the device system/hardware used
so your credentials will become unusable if someone try to steal your data to use it in a different hardware/system
then if you try copy the data where the credentials are stored will never work

live sessions of an operating system are not a secure way to store sensible data, then the stored credentials can become invalid

your alternatives are:
- perform a standard LibreElec installation to a unique device
- customize the add-on source code for your own interests - at your own risk - no help will be given

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - stefcep - 2020-12-15

Hi,

I had to new install Coreelec 9.2.5 completely.  Prior, Netflix add on worked fine.

I had to log in after generating an authorisation key with Google Chrome.  Previously password worked.  Playback worked once.  I though all is good.

Later today I am able to login, see all titles, but when selecting to playback I was asked to install wivedine, which I did.

I can now login and select a title, but no playback happens.

Can anyone suggest what i need to do next

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - vascobraga - 2020-12-18

You should check if you have inpustream helper 0.5.2 and then reinstall widevineCDM through it.

Netflix add on stopped working - VisiAndy - 2020-12-20

Hi,
My running Kodi system with Netflix add on of good standing suddenly stopped working.  I have updated everything, sign in /sign out.  Updated login credetials.  
Login is ok, i can search Netflix, find the titles, etc, however when i click on to play after having the blue wheel on screen for a second or two nothing happens.  Same Netflix account works seemlessly on a computer in the same network.  Any idea?  
Thanks

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - DarrenHill - 2020-12-20

@VisiAndy - Your post above has been merged into this main NetFlix add-on thread.

Just in case you were wondering where it had gone...

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - VisiAndy - 2020-12-20

(2020-12-20, 12:30)DarrenHill Wrote: @VisiAndy - Your post above has been merged into this main NetFlix add-on thread.

Just in case you were wondering where it had gone...
I did.... thanks!

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Ballistic - 2020-12-22

(2020-12-13, 17:10)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2020-12-12, 21:03)dickfitzwell Wrote: where is the netflix log in credential stored?  moreover is there a way to persist it across installs/reinstalls?

thanks,

for security reasons credentials are encrypted based on the device system/hardware used
so your credentials will become unusable if someone try to steal your data to use it in a different hardware/system
then if you try copy the data where the credentials are stored will never work

live sessions of an operating system are not a secure way to store sensible data, then the stored credentials can become invalid

your alternatives are:
- perform a standard LibreElec installation to a unique device
- customize the add-on source code for your own interests - at your own risk - no help will be given

Thanks for this input. 

Will I be able to replace the authentication file without user interaction on the Kodi client side? 

Any explanation for why the email authentication doesn't work?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Postiga - 2020-12-22

This addon works in 1080 or 4k on xiaomi mi box s? I have change alot of options but only sd works, can anyone help me please? Thanks and thanks for this great addon!

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - gujal - 2020-12-23

(2020-12-22, 21:09)Postiga Wrote: This addon works in 1080 or 4k on xiaomi mi box s? I have change alot of options but only sd works, can anyone help me please? Thanks and thanks for this great addon!

Seems to be a box running ageing S905X hardware from 2016
Code:
https://www.androidcentral.com/xiaomi-mi-box-s-review
The review makes it clear that at best it can do 1080p, even though it claims to be 4K.
I presume it will do 1080p if it is Widevine Level 1 Certified. Only the Global edition is Level1 certified. The default edition is only Level3, so at best it could do 720p same as my no name S905X box
Run DRMInfo app from playstore and see what Widevine Level your box is  running at

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Postiga - 2020-12-23

(2020-12-23, 00:47)gujal Wrote:
(2020-12-22, 21:09)Postiga Wrote: This addon works in 1080 or 4k on xiaomi mi box s? I have change alot of options but only sd works, can anyone help me please? Thanks and thanks for this great addon!

Seems to be a box running ageing S905X hardware from 2016
Code:
https://www.androidcentral.com/xiaomi-mi-box-s-review
The review makes it clear that at best it can do 1080p, even though it claims to be 4K.
I presume it will do 1080p if it is Widevine Level 1 Certified. Only the Global edition is Level1 certified. The default edition is only Level3, so at best it could do 720p same as my no name S905X box
Run DRMInfo app from playstore and see what Widevine Level your box is  running at
I discover the problem =D reset esn, reboot kodi e voila 4k =D Thanks to all Wink

RE: Netflix add on stopped working - VisiAndy - 2020-12-23

(2020-12-20, 12:19)VisiAndy Wrote: Hi,
My running Kodi system with Netflix add on of good standing suddenly stopped working.  I have updated everything, sign in /sign out.  Updated login credetials.  
Login is ok, i can search Netflix, find the titles, etc, however when i click on to play after having the blue wheel on screen for a second or two nothing happens.  Same Netflix account works seemlessly on a computer in the same network.  Any idea?  
Thanks
any idea?