Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - sask3m - 2020-12-27

(2020-12-27, 02:00)jamesb23 Wrote:
(2020-12-27, 00:36)chandoliasnikos Wrote: Make a couple of restarts to Fire stick as well. Might help.

Sync playback was off. I also did a couple restarts of the Firestick from the main device menu but the problem continues. Very strange. I definitely get Atmos from Disney+ and other sources. Anything else I should try?

Have you checked in here?

https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/wiki/FAQ-%28Audio%2C-Video%2C-Subtitle%2C-Other%29#how-to-enable-dolby-atmos

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - jamesb23 - 2020-12-27

(2020-12-27, 08:43)sask3m Wrote:
(2020-12-27, 02:00)jamesb23 Wrote:
(2020-12-27, 00:36)chandoliasnikos Wrote: Make a couple of restarts to Fire stick as well. Might help.

Sync playback was off. I also did a couple restarts of the Firestick from the main device menu but the problem continues. Very strange. I definitely get Atmos from Disney+ and other sources. Anything else I should try?

https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/wiki/FAQ-%28Audio%2C-Video%2C-Subtitle%2C-Other%29#how-to-enable-dolby-atmos
That got me Atmos finally. Thanks! What's weird now though is my receiver is showing that the video coming through is 1080p not 4K despite it being Dolby vision. Going to try some of the other settings to get the 4K back...

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - jamesb23 - 2020-12-27

(2020-12-27, 17:07)jamesb23 Wrote:
(2020-12-27, 08:43)sask3m Wrote:
(2020-12-27, 02:00)jamesb23 Wrote: Sync playback was off. I also did a couple restarts of the Firestick from the main device menu but the problem continues. Very strange. I definitely get Atmos from Disney+ and other sources. Anything else I should try?

That got me Atmos finally. Thanks! What's weird now though is my receiver is showing that the video coming through is 1080p not 4K despite it being Dolby vision. Going to try some of the other settings to get the 4K back...
Got it all working! I had to adjust a setting in my Firestick as well because of my older LG Oled not playing nice with DV at 60 vs 30.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - chriskan22 - 2020-12-27

Hello , I noticed hw acceleration works fine in my H96 MAX X3  S905X3  - NF addon kodi 18.9 setup , which has Widevine L 3 support, and streams in 960x540 with H264 streams mostly (the perceived quality is at least 720).
On the other hand in my HP N2840-linux-NF 18.6  setup , there is no HW acceleration ,but manages 720 p. Is that normal ? Is there any way to eable HW acceleration (which works in other addons with H264 streams-not H265).
Ακουει κανεις?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - loggin - 2021-01-01

Anyone else having a problem with watch next ? Selecting to watch now before the credits end whilst watching a tv series causes the plugin to throw an error saying that a user profile can't be selected whilst a video is playing

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Atreyu - 2021-01-02

Yes,same here.

I noticed if I create a Netflix shortcut and start that once it stops happing (guess it's bypassing the 'vid running' check somehow and the profile gets selected).

I read that this was done because selecting a profile while something's playing could cause issues.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - VisiAndy - 2021-01-03

(2020-12-18, 17:08)vascobraga Wrote: You should check if you have inpustream helper 0.5.2 and then reinstall widevineCDM through it.

It worked thank you!  Though autoupdate was enabled for "everything" for some reasons the repositories did not update automatically.  I did it manually, succeeded and now works everyhing fine. Thanks again.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - bluebug - 2021-01-03

hi  i am useing win 10 or kodi 18 i have bought this item but just wondering if its possible to download content so you can put it on hard drive without netflix , i know you can download and view off line but what i am asking is different thanks for your advice

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Klojum - 2021-01-04

(2021-01-03, 15:01)bluebug Wrote: but just wondering if its possible to download content so you can put it on hard drive without netflix

If you're asking our advice on how to make illegal copies of movies/tvshows, the answer is a simple "no".
After 100 posts on our forum, your question should be obsolete already.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - moamoa - 2021-01-08

Hi,

Currently running the Netflix plugin on some RPi's, but obv not getting 4k, or even 1080p. Looking to upgrade my Kodi boxes, mostly to view 4k. Reading back thu this thread I did get a little lost, so have a few catch-up questions.

1. Can the plugin play 4k only on devices with Widevine L1 hardware? I'm sure this is yes Smile
2. Does this mean it can ONLY play on Android devices, not Linux based Kodi's like LibreElec?
3. If it works on Kodi on hardware with Widevine DRM L1 support, does it play directly within Kodi via the plugin, or does it need to run in the native Netflix android App?
4. I also have Amazon & Disney+ plugins working through the Widevine input-stream plugin. If Netflix can be made to work in 4k via the plugin (on L1 hardware), should those work in 4k too?

Finally,
Is there a list of devices that will currently support Kodi in 4K for these DRM content sources? It seems the Shield does, but are there others?

Thanks.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Sholander - 2021-01-08

(2021-01-08, 12:58)moamoa Wrote: Finally,
Is there a list of devices that will currently support Kodi in 4K for these DRM content sources? It seems the Shield does, but are there others?

Yes, and Shield is not the only one, look here and here for a list.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - HDTV1080p - 2021-01-11

I am facing these issues after installing the Netflix-Kodi addon on my Fire TV stick 4K. 

1) Fire TV keeps hanging and restarts after few clicks on settings (such as audio, resolution etc) while watching Netflix contents.
2) I am not getting any sound when I select Atmos audio even after enabling/disabling Passthrough option.
3) I can't see Dolby Atmos option under Settings>System>Audio in Kodi for fire stick 4K. That might be the reason of decoding 7.1 Atmos as PCM 7.1 for Google Drive or Network (SMB) streaming.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Klojum - 2021-01-12

@SamanthaFreeman

We always appreciate constructive remarks and criticisms,. However, yours is not one of them.
Kindly adhere to all of our forum rules (wiki), or else your stay here will become a very short one.

Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - GenesisDH - 2021-01-12

(2021-01-08, 12:58)moamoa Wrote: Hi,

Currently running the Netflix plugin on some RPi's, but obv not getting 4k, or even 1080p. Looking to upgrade my Kodi boxes, mostly to view 4k. Reading back thu this thread I did get a little lost, so have a few catch-up questions.

1. Can the plugin play 4k only on devices with Widevine L1 hardware? I'm sure this is yes Smile
2. Does this mean it can ONLY play on Android devices, not Linux based Kodi's like LibreElec?
3. If it works on Kodi on hardware with Widevine DRM L1 support, does it play directly within Kodi via the plugin, or does it need to run in the native Netflix android App?
4. I also have Amazon & Disney+ plugins working through the Widevine input-stream plugin. If Netflix can be made to work in 4k via the plugin (on L1 hardware), should those work in 4k too?

Finally,

Thanks.

1) To my understanding, only those capable of doing Widevine L1 hardware decoding can get 4K and Full HD content via this plugin.
2) The device and OS has to be certified by Netflix for HD and 4K to get that content, which Netflix confirms by using their own identifier (EID). Outside of that, playback can fall back to Non-1080 HD regardless of hardware. This means an LibElec ox may not work, even if its hardware supports L1. This also means if your EID is typed wrong or missing from the plugin settings, it may not get hi-def content either. The developer has managed to get the EID automatically inserted when setup, but there can always be hiccups and best to verify before using the plugin.
3) The plugin does not use the Netflix app for playback or fallback, unlike the Amazon plugin having such options.
4) Depends. My experience with the Amazon plugin on my Shield is that 4K only truly works using the app playback method. I need to tinker with that more as I prefer to use Kodi than the Prime Video app. I have no experience with Disney+ to help on that. I would suggest consulting the plug in threads for those specific plugins for better answers.

As for a list of known devices that works with this plugin, generally if the device can directly download from Google/Amazon store (or has preinstalled) the Netflix app and play in 1080/4K then the device should be supported in this plugin. If the Shield is priced too high for your budget, the newest “Chromecast with Google TV” or the AirTV Player are in a lower price range and decent if streaming is the only need (they don’t do great for heavier tasks like emulation/gaming). Those should support 4K through the plug-in. An official Google/AndroidTV or FireTV will be more likely to be supported than generic Android boxes found on Amazon.

Hope this helps.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - SlivovitsaSRB - 2021-01-24

Hello I need help. I had xiaomi mi box s. I instaled netflix addon 1.12.1 from CastagnaIT repa on kodi (using mi box s). I put ESN correctly. In inputstream adaptive stream setings I use automatically select streams and ignore display resolution (because i have 1080p tv). Streams are 1080p max no 4k. Can I stream 4k? I had UHD netflix account.