Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - DarrenHill - 2021-05-08

Which part of Do not post logs in the forum. Use https://paste.kodi.tv/ instead. should we work on to make it clearer? Wink

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - gossamer1 - 2021-05-08

(2021-05-08, 16:44)DarrenHill Wrote: Which part of Do not post logs in the forum. Use https://paste.kodi.tv/ instead. should we work on to make it clearer? Wink
Thank you for being kind in your criticism :-) I've updated it with a link.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - jim_p - 2021-05-09

Is the addon compatible with kodi 19? I just installed the repo on libreelec 10 (nightly-20210503-80202cd) and nothing shows under it.

I just noticed this bit under netflix's (plugin.video.netflix) addon.xml, so it should be

Code:
?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="plugin.video.netflix" name="Netflix" version="1.15.1+matrix.1" provider-name="libdev + jojo + asciidisco + caphm + castagnait">
  <requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.python" version="3.0.0"/>

---edit
Nvm, I found that the repo for 19 is different. This is the right zip file
https://github.com/castagnait/repository.castagnait/raw/matrix/repository.castagnait-1.0.0.zip

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - morphine84 - 2021-05-09

downloaded kodi 18.9 , it works perfectly so didnt bother if it is working with 19 or not ( first i tried ver 19 but couldn't install from repositery it was empty ) 

i just registered to thank you guys , possibly this will be my first and last message. 

WOW , THANK YOU .. thank you . 

i have an old pc. amd x4 640 3 gb ram hd 5570 etc ... İt is a win 7 pc so can't install app.

Had a blurry , low resoution video quality. Tried most of the browsers and no luck. But with this add on . i believe i am watching @ 720p or 1080p . cant tell the difference on 22' monitor.

So thank you guys again for all your efforts.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - boirello - 2021-05-15

(2021-03-05, 13:43)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2021-03-05, 03:27)boirello Wrote: @CastagnaIT: Thanks for replying to my post regarding subtitle behaviour.

No matter what I did, I just could not make the addon enable Norwegian subtitle by default, so I had to take a look in the source code. And as I suspected, the problem seems to be the language code. A norwegian subtitle can be marked with language code "no" (Norwegian), "nb" (Norwegian Bokmål) or "nn" (Norwegian Nynorsk). The "no" code implicit means "nb", it is the same. And the "nn" code is probably not used by any international streaming providers.

Netflix is using "nb" (did not find any usage of "no" in my short, limited debugging test), but I guess the "no" code could appear. And also I think Disney+ is using "no". I could change Kodi's "Preferred subtitle language" back and forth between "Norwegian" and "Norwegian Bokmål", but that is not very user friendly.

So instead, I changed the code in kodi_ops.py, method fix_locale_languages, to call a new method:
python:

def _fix_norwegian(data_list):
    kodi_subtitle_lang = get_kodi_subtitle_language()
    if kodi_subtitle_lang in ["no", "nb", "nn"]:
        for item in data_list:
            if item.get('isNoneTrack', False):
                continue
            if item['language'] in ["no", "nb", "nn"]:
                item['language'] = kodi_subtitle_lang

This way, the norwegian tracks is changed to the same language code as the preferred subtitle language is set to, regardless it is "Norwegian", "Norwegian Bokmål" or "Norwegian Nynorsk", and thus: The subtitle track gets enabled by default.

This is not perfect since fix_locale_languages is used for audio tracks too, and _fix_norwegian only checks Kodi's subtitle setting. But I dont know if there is a better/more elegant way to solve this, I am open for suggestions.
I am not completely sure about this solution,
please open a github Issue where the situation can be tracked and discussed
and attach on the Issue post also an manifest.json after playback a video (the file is in addon user data folder)

I tried to create a github-account, but it got immediately flagged. Tried to contact support to unflag it, but have not heard anything. So could you create it for me?

The issue is this:
ISO-639-1 code for Norwegian is "no", but also "nb" and "nn" is used (search for "Norwegian" on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISO_639-1_codes). The code "no" and "nb" is the same. If Kodi setting for prefered language/subtitle is set to "Norwegian" ("no", tracks with "Norwegian Bokmaal" ("nb") is not selected. Disney+ and other addons uses the "no" language code, which is the normal code to use, but not Netflix: They use "nb". A simple "nb"=>"no" transformation should be sufficient.

This could be solved by the user if he/she change the Kodi setting for prefered subtitle to "Norwegian Bokmål" (nb), but this will break all the other addons.

I also have a simple feature request: Disable forced subtitles via settings
If a forced subtitle exists, it seems to be selected as default over your prefered subtitle language. Always. By removing all forced subtitles (text_track['isForcedNarrative']), Kodi will select the correct subtitle (which is in your language). And why not just make it simple by giving the user a setting to control this?

Seems like converter.py, method convert_to_dash(), is the place where we can remove forced subtitles. I have not studied the code in detail, but imagine it would be something like this:
python:

for text_track in manifest['timedtexttracks']:
    if text_track['isNoneTrack']:
        continue
    if G.ADDON.getSettingBool('enable_forced_subtitles') == False and text_track['isForcedNarrative']:
        continue # Will skip the forced subtitle from being converted, and therefore not added to subtitle playback-list..?
    is_default = _is_default_subtitle(manifest, text_track)
    _convert_text_track(text_track, period, is_default, cdn_index, isa_version)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - sonla_v - 2021-05-16

Himedia Q5 pro play in 540p;

please guide me to adjust esn to view 1080p

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - gossamer1 - 2021-05-16

Hi, I'm trying to use the netflix plugin from CastagnaIT and having some problems with widevine. It seems my previous attempt to ask for help got lost. This is Kodi-18.9 on a Beelink GT-King. I've successfully logged into netflix and can view shows, but I don't understand how to access them - the wiki docs only explain how to install the plugin, not widevine or how to actually watch the shows. There's something about having to copy them locally to the device before I can watch them?

Here is the debug output I receive when trying to watch a show. Please view the logs here:

https://paste.kodi.tv/oyisukigok.kodi

I was prompted to download/install widevine, but it clearly failed, and don't know how to get back to that to try again. The widevine library is there:
# ls -l /storage/.kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so
-rwxr--r--    2 root     root       8887360 May  8 09:09 /storage/.kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - tmihai20 - 2021-05-17

@gossamer1 there is a way to re-trigger that from within the plugin. I cannot get into that right now, but go into addon settings and take them one by one. Somewhere in the settings there is an option to re-download Widevine. Make sure you have enough free space available (around 900 MB to 1 GB). Widevine download should be triggered after installing and launching the addon. I recently updated to Kodi 19.1 RC4 and I had to re-configure and re-download Widevine.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - pcristi - 2021-05-17

(2021-05-16, 04:44)sonla_v Wrote: Himedia Q5 pro play in 540p;

please guide me to adjust esn to view 1080p

HiMedia Q5/Q10Pro DRM L1 ID banned not way to get more then 540p for now.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2021-05-17

(2021-05-15, 20:09)boirello Wrote:
(2021-03-05, 13:43)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2021-03-05, 03:27)boirello Wrote: @CastagnaIT: Thanks for replying to my post regarding subtitle behaviour.

No matter what I did, I just could not make the addon enable Norwegian subtitle by default, so I had to take a look in the source code. And as I suspected, the problem seems to be the language code. A norwegian subtitle can be marked with language code "no" (Norwegian), "nb" (Norwegian Bokmål) or "nn" (Norwegian Nynorsk). The "no" code implicit means "nb", it is the same. And the "nn" code is probably not used by any international streaming providers.

Netflix is using "nb" (did not find any usage of "no" in my short, limited debugging test), but I guess the "no" code could appear. And also I think Disney+ is using "no". I could change Kodi's "Preferred subtitle language" back and forth between "Norwegian" and "Norwegian Bokmål", but that is not very user friendly.

So instead, I changed the code in kodi_ops.py, method fix_locale_languages, to call a new method:
python:

def _fix_norwegian(data_list):
    kodi_subtitle_lang = get_kodi_subtitle_language()
    if kodi_subtitle_lang in ["no", "nb", "nn"]:
        for item in data_list:
            if item.get('isNoneTrack', False):
                continue
            if item['language'] in ["no", "nb", "nn"]:
                item['language'] = kodi_subtitle_lang

This way, the norwegian tracks is changed to the same language code as the preferred subtitle language is set to, regardless it is "Norwegian", "Norwegian Bokmål" or "Norwegian Nynorsk", and thus: The subtitle track gets enabled by default.

This is not perfect since fix_locale_languages is used for audio tracks too, and _fix_norwegian only checks Kodi's subtitle setting. But I dont know if there is a better/more elegant way to solve this, I am open for suggestions.
I am not completely sure about this solution,
please open a github Issue where the situation can be tracked and discussed
and attach on the Issue post also an manifest.json after playback a video (the file is in addon user data folder)

I tried to create a github-account, but it got immediately flagged. Tried to contact support to unflag it, but have not heard anything. So could you create it for me?

The issue is this:
ISO-639-1 code for Norwegian is "no", but also "nb" and "nn" is used (search for "Norwegian" on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISO_639-1_codes). The code "no" and "nb" is the same. If Kodi setting for prefered language/subtitle is set to "Norwegian" ("no", tracks with "Norwegian Bokmaal" ("nb") is not selected. Disney+ and other addons uses the "no" language code, which is the normal code to use, but not Netflix: They use "nb". A simple "nb"=>"no" transformation should be sufficient.

This could be solved by the user if he/she change the Kodi setting for prefered subtitle to "Norwegian Bokmål" (nb), but this will break all the other addons.

I also have a simple feature request: Disable forced subtitles via settings
If a forced subtitle exists, it seems to be selected as default over your prefered subtitle language. Always. By removing all forced subtitles (text_track['isForcedNarrative']), Kodi will select the correct subtitle (which is in your language). And why not just make it simple by giving the user a setting to control this?

Seems like converter.py, method convert_to_dash(), is the place where we can remove forced subtitles. I have not studied the code in detail, but imagine it would be something like this:
python:

for text_track in manifest['timedtexttracks']:
    if text_track['isNoneTrack']:
        continue
    if G.ADDON.getSettingBool('enable_forced_subtitles') == False and text_track['isForcedNarrative']:
        continue # Will skip the forced subtitle from being converted, and therefore not added to subtitle playback-list..?
    is_default = _is_default_subtitle(manifest, text_track)

Feature request is not accepted,
Kodi already provide the option to disable the forced subtitles,
To disable forced subtitles, you have to set your chosen language name to "Preferred subititle language" in Kodi Player settings,
add another settings will make more confusion between users

About the Issue, i will open it by myself but if you are not registered to GitHub you can not interact
FR Issue: https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/issues/1161

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Essam31 - 2021-05-17

@boirello Registering using a Gmail account could help your GitHub account not being flagged.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - boirello - 2021-05-18

(2021-05-17, 16:48)CastagnaIT Wrote: Feature request is not accepted,
To disable forced subtitles, you have to set your chosen language name to "Preferred subititle language" in Kodi Player settings,
add another settings will make more confusion between users

Seems like you are right:
  • If I select "Norwegian Bokmaal" as preferred subtitle language, it will be selected over i.e. german forced subtitles. I hope this behaviour persists - I will let you know if it dont. Wink
  • But if I select "Norwegian" as preferred subtitle language, the forced german subtitles on the "Dark" TV-series seems to be selected. So it is related to the norwegian language code issue.

Anyway: Thanks for creating the issue for me in github, and thanks to @Essam31 too for creating a non-flagged github account for me. The new account is not blocked, and I have successfully replaced the gmail address from that account without being flagged. Smile

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - YeahWhatever - 2021-05-19

(2021-05-17, 16:48)CastagnaIT Wrote: Feature request is not accepted,

An option that Netflix and/or your add-on feels free to completely ignore on occasion - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329767&pid=3020124#pid3020124

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Essam31 - 2021-05-19

@YeahWhatever You could try to use this version, I modified the Netflix plugin 1.12.4 to disable the subtitles.

https://mega.nz/file/d5slgQrJ#0Iam4NGR5VEbBM_BzFphGzrhCu9FDmMRpYTwtsyA5hk

You could modify the future releases from Leia by in converter.py which is in "plugin.video.netflix\resources\lib\services\msl" replace

python:

with

python:
#_convert_text_track(text_track, period, is_default, cdn_index, isa_version)

https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/blob/Leia/resources/lib/services/msl/converter.py#L59

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - skullmonkey - 2021-05-23

Anyone else have trouble playing videos? After I select and play a video the loader just start spinning and after that nothing happens. It just pulls back on the video selection page.
Im on Latest Kodi v18
tnx

EDIT: I fixed by cleaning the cache within Inputstream Helper addon and then reinstalling the WDM thing... or whats called. Tnx