Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Sholander - 2021-12-16

(2021-12-15, 12:39)CastagnaIT Wrote: ARM DEVICES WITH SD QUALITY LIMIT PROBLEM

ARM devices (RPI etc...) that use Kodi and/or CoreElec/LibreElec are now limited to SD quality

On Odroid N2 with CoreElec 9.2.8 (Leia) it's still possible to get 1080p.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - glavanesti - 2021-12-19

I have the same problem stay open in preview with the audio but the movie does not start.

You always remain this screen of the start of the film with audi but the video does not start.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - glavanesti - 2021-12-19

(2021-12-14, 10:46)manggudgee Wrote: Hi.

Minix U22-XJ-Max Netflix kodi audio only no video. I tried reinstall Kodi and nerflix addon but no video audio only.

https://paste.kodi.tv/alikapaqeq.kodi

Thank you.

I have the same problem, you always remain this screen of the start of the film with audio but the video does not start.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - max2k - 2021-12-26

(2021-12-16, 12:15)YeahWhatever Wrote:
(2021-12-12, 17:46)YeahWhatever Wrote: Are you providing a fix for Leia?

I'm going to take it that you are just ignoring this.
This post got me out of logical dead end: as of now latest version of CastagnaIT Neflix add-on 1.8.2 DOES NOT work on Kodi 18. I can't speak for the author's plans but his GitHub and this thread cost me few hrs of hitting the wall as they both create impression Kodi 18 is supported. To be precise- it is supported (older version 1.6.x)  but won't play Netflix due to the change Netflix implemented somewhere at the beginning of December 2021. The fixed version (1.8.2) of the add-on is working but requires Kodi 19. The reason is simple- updated version requires python3 and to the best of my knowledge Kodi 18 uses python 2 even if the host system has python 3 installed.

My setup: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS running on i8100T hardware, pretty standard x64 box. I've been using Kodi for a while and Netflix add-on for more than a year without problems. Then out of sudden I received dreaded "MSLError: This title is not available to watch instantly". Looked up and down for a solution- nothing. Then updated add-on appeared (1.8.2) which was impressive except it didn't make it clear that Kodi 18 is still not supported even though the zip has 'matrix' in its name which is nickname for Kodi 19.
Since I don't have too many customizations I decided to pull the plug and upgrade to Kodi 19. That went fairly well and I was able to install updated 1.8.2 add-on from zip file but add-on failed to start due to "missing contextvars module". The author actually advised one of the users on his forum that at least python 3.7 would be needed to run the add-on. Trouble is Ubuntu 18.04 uses python 3.6.9 and 'upgrade' to higher version would break LTS part from its name. Basically this would explode scope of the 'upgrade' beyond what I was planning to do. After all I could play Netflix on the same system using Google Chrome, just not inside Kodi. The author also advised in the same thread to try install backport of contextvars module but the given command "pip install contextvars" invokes python2 version on 18.04 system and it fails. The command pip3 would work except my Ubuntu 18.04 didn't have it. So:

apt install python3-pip

installs pip3 on 18.04 and then:

pip3 install contextvars
pip3 install async_generator

after that plugin started normally. It still failed playing back due to missing InputStream.Adaptive add-on and I was unable to find it in Kodi repository from Kodi 19 Add-On Manager UI. Luckily, it can be installed from terminal:

apt-get install kodi-inputstream-adaptive
apt-get install kodi-inputstream-rtmp

after this and Kodi restart things returned back to normal. The playback is in HD, 1080p.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - max2k - 2021-12-26

I made couple typos in my post and since I couldn't find an obvious way to edit my own posts I'd clarify them here.

What I meant:
(2021-12-26, 21:18)max2k Wrote: latest version of CastagnaIT Neflix add-on 1.8.2 DOES NOT work on Kodi 18.

was the latest version 1.18.2 which can be downloaded from: https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/releases/tag/v1.18.2

and here I meant version 1.12.8 available through automatic updates from Kodi UI that unfortunately no longer works after latest Netflix change:
(2021-12-26, 21:18)max2k Wrote: To be precise- it is supported (older version 1.6.x) but won't play Netflix due to the change Netflix implemented somewhere at the beginning of December 2021.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Paco8 - 2021-12-27

The version of the netflix addon for kodi 18 (1.12.8) is still working for me.
I think the easiest way to install kodi 19 in ubuntu 18.04 is by using a flatpak package (https://flathub.org/apps/details/tv.kodi.Kodi). It even works in ubuntu 16.04.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - max2k - 2021-12-27

(2021-12-27, 01:29)Paco8 Wrote: The version of the netflix addon for kodi 18 (1.12.8) is still working for me.
I think the easiest way to install kodi 19 in ubuntu 18.04 is by using a flatpak package (https://flathub.org/apps/details/tv.kodi.Kodi). It even works in ubuntu 16.04.

That is interesting- may be this Netflix change is location-specific but it definitely stopped working without any changes from my side- as few already experienced it had worked just days/hours before and then that error appeared. Reboot/re-login/reinstall of the plugin wasn't having any effect. I was still able to open the Netflix (login continued to work) and browse movie listings but playback was no longer working due to "MSL Error".

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - dt4285 - 2021-12-27

The CoreELEC 9.2.8  Netflix 1.12.8  works with a full HD resolution for me (device Beelink GT1 Mini2). As the rumors say, that the Netflix will restrict the nonlicensed devices with a Kodi Lea to SD streaming I upgraded it to CoreELEC 19.3-Matrix and for my surprise the Netflix worked only with a SD resolution Huh So I had to downgrade to the previous version  to enjoy the HD quality. My advice is not to upgrade to the Matrix until the support team fix the problem. On the PC Kodi Matrix 19.3 works fine with a Netflix(full HD resolution).

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2021-12-30

The version 1.18.3 has been released

This release contains a quick patch to allow a workaround for 1080P resolution on linux ARM devices,
which needs to be enabled manually, a definitive solution will take much longer.

To enable the 1080P workaround:
  • Open add-on Expert settings
  • Change "MSL manifest version" setting to "Version 1"

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - mikefreeman - 2021-12-30

Haven't been able to access the 1.18.3 version yet. Clicking "Versions" in the Netflix addon information page only shows 1.18.0, 1.18.1 and 1.18.2 available, but I'm looking forward to trying this patch on my Raspberry Pi 4!

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - eeshugerman - 2022-01-07

(2021-12-30, 10:47)CastagnaIT Wrote: The version 1.18.3 has been released

This release contains a quick patch to allow a workaround for 1080P resolution on linux ARM devices,
which needs to be enabled manually, a definitive solution will take much longer.

To enable the 1080P workaround:
  • Open add-on Expert settings
  • Change "MSL manifest version" setting to "Version 1"

Just wanna say the 1.18.3 workaround is working well on my RPi 4!

Before applying the workaround I was able to play Netflix but always with audio sync issues, and setting the max resolution in the InputStream Adaptive settings didn't make a difference (??).

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - defunkt - 2022-01-07

Hello, am working up a new LibreElec install on my Wetek Core. It's a community build of LE so I can't swear to its stability and consequently I'm not sure if this is a problem in the Netflix addon or the underlying platform. But I thought I'd start here.

On launching the addon I get;

Background services do not start due to the following error; bad marshal data (unknown type code)

Pastebin of the relevant log section is here; https://pastebin.com/fw2hUYfU

Should I take this to GitHub?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - MrMagic - 2022-01-11

@CastagnaIT I've been running Kodi 20 Nexus nightly builds for some time now, but since the introduction of the new Inputstream Adaptive version 20.1.0, the Netflix addon has become very unstable.

The video stutters and/or the stream is interrupted and restarted (screen goes black for a few seconds and my TV redisplays the Dolby Vision logo).

Have you done any testing yet with Kodi 20 and IS:A 20.x?

It's not just the Netflix addon btw, the Disney+ addon exhibits similar issues.

I know Kodi Nexus is still alpha, so I have no right to complain, but I thought maybe you'd want to know about it if/when Kodi 20 gets closer to release.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - leonvent - 2022-01-15

Netflix use avchigh code with low bitrate on most platforms, including this add-on with shield tv. Is there a way to get AVC code ?  In most content, AVC code has higher bitrate on Netflix.

Netflix 开始在大部分平台使用avc high编码,包括运行这个插件的shield tv。是否可以切换到码率更高的avc编码? 通常netflix的avc编码有更高的码率。

Please forgive my poor English.

很抱歉我英语不是很好。

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Klojum - 2022-01-15

(2022-01-15, 13:10)leonvent Wrote: Please forgive my poor English.

The translation service seems to do a fine job, just please do not double post on the forum.