Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - masonlee - 2022-11-13

(2022-11-09, 10:33)CastagnaIT Wrote: i will fix on next update

I just updated to v1.20.2, now I can see some plot in kodi information window thank you very much.
But supplemental plot info(today's top 10, etc) is not visible even if I play a movie inside the add-on. @CastagnaIT
could you please fix that?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2022-11-13

i will check

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Sholander - 2022-11-14

Also on Kodi Nexus beta1 on my Firestick 4K since several updates back, (I think it started with 1.20.0) when selecting any UHD (DV) show/movie, the file info displayed in small boxes at the bottom of the screen shows wrong info. It shows 580SD for all selected shows, although they play in UHD DV correctly. 
Correct info is displayed in HBO_Max addon, so I presume it's not a Kodi thingy...

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - wyrm - 2022-11-15

Hi @CastagnaIT ,

I am trying to add Netflix search capabilities to my skin using the JSON-RPC call shown in your GitHub wiki. This is the code shown on the wiki

plugin://plugin.video.netflix/directory/search/search/?query=something

I have used the following code as the target address for my widget code

plugin://plugin.video.netflix/directory/search/search/?query=$ESCINFO[Skin.String(CustomSearchTerm)]

unfortunately all that gives me is a widget with the two search items in the search directory (New search and Clear search entries). I feel that possibly I am missing something from the end of the above code (maybe the search type?). Could you please enlighten me on what I am missing.

many thanks,
Wyrm (AppTV)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2022-11-15

(2022-11-15, 14:16)wyrm Wrote: Hi @CastagnaIT ,

I am trying to add Netflix search capabilities to my skin using the JSON-RPC call shown in your GitHub wiki. This is the code shown on the wiki

plugin://plugin.video.netflix/directory/search/search/?query=$ESCINFO[Skin.String(CustomSearchTerm)]

unfortunately all that gives me is a widget with the two search items in the search directory (New search and Clear search entries). I feel that possibly I am missing something from the end of the above code (maybe the search type?). Could you please enlighten me on what I am missing.

many thanks,
Wyrm (AppTV)

this addon dont support officially widgets and i dont provide support for them because they have too poor implementation in kodi
however i just tested the jsonrpc call to the search path and returns tvshows and movies as results correctly
you are probably making a call to an incorrectly coded path in your widget, i have no idea

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - wyrm - 2022-11-15

(2022-11-15, 18:18)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2022-11-15, 14:16)wyrm Wrote: Hi @CastagnaIT ,

many thanks,
Wyrm (AppTV)

this addon dont support officially widgets and i dont provide support for them because they have too poor implementation in kodi
however i just tested the jsonrpc call to the search path and returns tvshows and movies as results correctly
you are probably making a call to an incorrectly coded path in your widget, i have no idea
Thanks mate, obviously problem is from my end. Will hunt thru the logs and see what’s up. Yep, did realise no support for widget implementation, was just looking for any obvious mistakes on my part.

thanks for reply.
Wyrm (AppTV)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - 4bit - 2022-11-16

Hi tried the authentication method whit Firefox but got error trying to connect localhost port, my question is it possible to use Firefox and how... thanks!

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2022-11-16

(2022-11-16, 00:35)4bit Wrote: Hi tried the authentication method whit Firefox but got error trying to connect localhost port, my question is it possible to use Firefox and how... thanks!

in the wiki instructions its not written that can be used with firefox,
fwik firefox has removed some parts of remote debugging
help to add firefox support is welcome

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2022-11-19

(2022-11-14, 19:18)Sholander Wrote: Also on Kodi Nexus beta1 on my Firestick 4K since several updates back, (I think it started with 1.20.0) when selecting any UHD (DV) show/movie, the file info displayed in small boxes at the bottom of the screen shows wrong info. It shows 580SD for all selected shows, although they play in UHD DV correctly. 
Correct info is displayed in HBO_Max addon, so I presume it's not a Kodi thingy...

this is not an addon bug, its the website that provide wrong info,
for episode type the stream info is not set correctly (so data exists but wrong),
i noticed minor changes maybe website is in wip

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Sholander - 2022-11-19

I forgot to mention in my original post that this wrong info is only shown when videos are added to Favorites. When looking at same videos while browsing in Addon the info is correct. Then adding the same video to Favorites and then looking at the same info - it's incorrect. Not a big deal at all, but just mentioned the peculiarity.

basic plan issue - gjqmgjsl3 - 2022-11-26

hi, I signed up for the basic plan. The Netflix official app plays in HD resolution. However, this add-on is played at SD resolution. Is it normal?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Sholander - 2022-11-26

Read "Reference table of high resolutions" section, and check all requirements for HD reproduction.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - kampfi - 2022-12-02

I have amazon cube, kodi 19.4.
Since today only in max 540p
I need confirmation that it's the same for the others. Or I've set something wrong.

The last version i think 1.20.2

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - knappster - 2022-12-02

@kampfi I noticed the same last night on an Nvidia shield. I did the first two steps of the guide on GitHub last night without success:
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/wiki/FAQ-%28Audio%2C-Video%2C-Subtitle%2C-Other%29#video-stream-only-at-540p-sd-on-android-device

I think @CastagnaIT will need some debug logs as well as the ESN information that is outlined in the link above.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - vascobraga - 2022-12-02

Today I started experiencing also 540p in some of my CoreELEC devices. Resetting ESN solved my issue and they all day 1080p.again. I don't know if that solves it also in devices that are Netflix certified.