Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Sholander - 2022-12-08

(2022-12-07, 22:50)Kravatak76 Wrote: Hello, I have a strange error and I don't know what causes it and how to fix it, maybe you can help me. I can log in, get to my profile, but then I can no longer browse some folders, mylist continue watching, etc., practically all of which are in English. But I have some in Czech and I can get into them and play videos. I don't know why the folders are in different languages... The ones in English end up with a TypeError: 'hdrType' is an invalid keyword argument for this function. Can it be fixed somehow? Thank you.

Don't have this problem, but try this: C/P from https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/issues/1509:

The "TypeError: 'hdrType" error is caused by Kodi. The latest nightlies have this problem, fall back to older versions.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - DarrenHill - 2022-12-08

From my understanding of internal team discussions, it's another symptom of this change/issue.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - MrMagic - 2022-12-08

(2022-12-08, 12:31)DarrenHill Wrote: From my understanding of internal team discussions, it's another symptom of this change/issue.
Looks like this needs to be fixed in every addon that uses this. @CastagnaIT I am guessing you are already aware of this? I know you are recovering from Covid, so take it easy, just checking Smile

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2022-12-08

WARNING!

CURRENTLY A UNCLEAR CHANGE IN THE NETFLIX WEBSITE SERVER (COLD BE A SERVER BUG)
IS DOWNGRADING ESN CODES, BY FORCING THEM TO GET LOW 540P RESOLUTION !

ON ANDROID -- READ CAREFULLY !!!

AT MOMENT, USING/COPYING THE full-length ESN code (with the last 64 characters) OF YOUR DEVICE, IN THE KODI ADD-ON,
WILL DOWNGRADE ALSO THE ORIGINAL ANDROID APP TO 540p LOW-RES,
for an unknown period of time.

So if you have set your device full-lenght ESN code to the addon,
edit immediately the addon ESN code by removing the last 64 characters,
this will prevent to downgrade to 540p the original app,
but you will have 540p on the addon.

If you have already experienced this problem on the original Android app, and you are stuck to 540p resolution
everywhere report it to Netflix Support immediately,
there are currently no known solutions because the root of the problem comes from Netflix,
so reinstalling the android app or restoring the device firmware does not solve the problem,
at least not for now (tested on NVIDIA Shield 2019 android device).

ON OTHER OPERATIVE SYSTEMS
LIKE WINDOWS, LINUX, COREELEC, LIBREELEC ETC...

Here there are not so big problems, to get again the HD for a limited period of time go to
add-on Expert settings, ESN/Widevine settings, and select Reset ESN.

I am currently working on a kind of workaround to get HD resolutions,
that if it works will be available in the next few days,
but i remember that this will not solve the problem on the original android app.

I will update the post for future updates on the situation

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - orenmi - 2022-12-08

Changing a letter at the end of the ESN on Shield also work, for 24 hours, then you need to do it again.

I had a chat with Netflix, they don't know anything about it, claim they didn't change anything and that I should check the device, as there is no issue in any other device I use.
They also say they had no similar complaints.
So maybe we should all flood them with complaints other wise they don't think anyone has an issue with this.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Fezso - 2022-12-08

Netflix chat is useless. Just had a 30 min chat with them. They blame my ISP (joke). They deny blacklisting. Would not escalate either. Just cancelled my sub. Feel sorry for those who are having the same issue. My top end 2022 QD oleds (a sony and a samsung) all got blacklisted. (The funny thing is when the issue started I put the samsung ESN into Kodi on a Shield just for “giggles”, it was rejected and the TV got blacklisted a day later. They do monitor add-on ESN access and block them all.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - JNRW - 2022-12-09

(2022-12-08, 18:46)CastagnaIT Wrote: ON OTHER OPERATIVE SYSTEMS

Here there are not so big problems, to get again the HD for a limited period of time go to
The above has worked on my Windows 11 NUC running 19.4. However, today every choice in My List comes with the error message about the stream not being available to watch instantly then the mouse arrow goes crazy and the add on crashes. By persevering it is possible to get the stream running but I cannot jump forward or any other action and then the video freezes and the audio continues. 

I do not know whether the above is related to the current hiatus but I am cheesed off to say the least with Netflix pi**ing around. We all pay in advance for a product which is not being provided. How we take their internet signal and put it on to a screen is nothing to do with Netflix.

Compare their shenanigans with the considerable input by @CastagnaIT, who must have the patience of a saint. Hope you have no lingering after effects from your COVID.

EDIT: “This title is not available to watch instantly” problem has been solved by the instruction given in the FAQ in GitHub. My sincere thanks to @CastagnaIT not only for the original development of this addon but equally for the continued maintenance.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - mind12 - 2022-12-11

(2022-12-09, 18:14)JNRW Wrote:
(2022-12-08, 18:46)CastagnaIT Wrote: ON OTHER OPERATIVE SYSTEMS

The above has worked on my Windows 11 NUC running 19.4. However, today every choice in My List comes with the error message about the stream not being available to watch instantly then the mouse arrow goes crazy and the add on crashes. By persevering it is possible to get the stream running but I cannot jump forward or any other action and then the video freezes and the audio continues. 

I do not know whether the above is related to the current hiatus but I am cheesed off to say the least with Netflix pi**ing around. We all pay in advance for a product which is not being provided. How we take their internet signal and put it on to a screen is nothing to do with Netflix.

Compare their shenanigans with the considerable input by @CastagnaIT, who must have the patience of a saint. Hope you have no lingering after effects from your COVID.

EDIT: “This title is not available to watch instantly” problem has been solved by the instruction given in the FAQ in GitHub. My sincere thanks to @CastagnaIT not only for the original development of this addon but equally for the continued maintenance.
I'm also getting "This title is not available to watch instantly", "MSLError: user must login again". I have found the workaround here but it didnt help. 
Im running win10 with 19.4. Also tried reinstalling the addon, logging out again, reinstall widewine but no joy.
Any idea how to solve this?

Logs: olovaliwiv.kodi (paste)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - JNRW - 2022-12-11

@mind12.
Sorry I cannot help you more as you have done pretty much what I did. I have Windows 11 but don’t see why that would make a difference. I also reinstalled 19.4 over my set up as it is easy to do.

Although not relevant I noticed that after reinstalling the add-on login was achieved by the username/password method and not the authentication method I had to use before.

Did you reboot Kodi after the changes?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Dangelus - 2022-12-11

@mind12 Don’t post log text directly into your post again please.

Did you not see the text in bright red letters above the “Post Reply” button that says:

”Do not post logs in the forum. Use https://paste.kodi.tv/ instead.” ?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Kravatak76 - 2022-12-11

(2022-12-08, 00:08)Sholander Wrote:
(2022-12-07, 22:50)Kravatak76 Wrote: Hello, I have a strange error and I don't know what causes it and how to fix it, maybe you can help me. I can log in, get to my profile, but then I can no longer browse some folders, mylist continue watching, etc., practically all of which are in English. But I have some in Czech and I can get into them and play videos. I don't know why the folders are in different languages... The ones in English end up with a TypeError: 'hdrType' is an invalid keyword argument for this function. Can it be fixed somehow? Thank you.

Don't have this problem, but try this: C/P from https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/issues/1509:

The "TypeError: 'hdrType" error is caused by Kodi. The latest nightlies have this problem, fall back to older versions.
@Sholander  Hi, hmm, so I noticed that in addition to this error when playing a video in 4k in the Netflix addon, the resolution is reduced for me, so this will probably be the problem you mention, which is discussed here :/ But in the native Netflix application, everything seems to play correctly , at least at first glance, I don't know if I can 100% find out the resolution of the video being played somewhere.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - JNRW - 2022-12-11

@Kravatak76

In the Netflix addon in Kodi press the letter O to see the resolution and the press it again to get rid of it.

In the Netflix own addon in Windows press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+D.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - mind12 - 2022-12-11

(2022-12-11, 15:50)JNRW Wrote: @mind12.
Sorry I cannot help you more as you have done pretty much what I did. I have Windows 11 but don’t see why that would make a difference. I also reinstalled 19.4 over my set up as it is easy to do.

Although not relevant I noticed that after reinstalling the add-on login was achieved by the username/password method and not the authentication method I had to use before.

Did you reboot Kodi after the changes?

I tried the authentication key login method also. I have not rebooted the machine actually just restarted kodi. I will do some more tests later.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Sholander - 2022-12-11

(2022-12-11, 17:50)Kravatak76 Wrote:
(2022-12-08, 00:08)Sholander Wrote:  
@Sholander  Hi, hmm, so I noticed that in addition to this error when playing a video in 4k in the Netflix addon, the resolution is reduced for me, so this will probably be the problem you mention, which is discussed here :/ But in the native Netflix application, everything seems to play correctly , at least at first glance, I don't know if I can 100% find out the resolution of the video being played somewhere.

Be aware, DON'T use Netflix addon in Kodi until it's fixed.
If you use your native Netflix application after using Kodi NF addon your native Netflix app will be locked to 540p resolution, without a fix at present time!!!

Read this https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/issues/1509 to see what is it all about.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - QianyuLi - 2022-12-12

Using Netflix add-ons within Kodi is not a problem, what needs to be avoided is using Netflix ESNs within add-ons. currently add-ons use automatically randomly generated ESNs to avoid only 540p.
Whether this workaround is likely to cause other problems is unknown, but highly unlikely.