Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - 8traxrule - 2023-05-13

Huge bummer- I had to clear the data on my NVidia Sheild's Kodi app as it would not open any addons, got it back together and now can't sign in to Netflix. I'm just about ready to give up on it; I use Kodi because I absolutely cannot stand the native interfaces of Netflix or most other streaming services as they interrupt end credits, cover up the beginning of movies with ratings banners and show "Skip Intro" prompts on shows which I would never skip and even if I did that prompt does not need to appear. I made a large donation to the developer of this addon and let them know how much I appreciate and depend on it in order to watch Netflix properly, I know they're still only human but especially if Netflix is going to keep throwing them obstacles they can't get past then I'll just cancel my Netflix subscription and use the other services that have working Kodi addons, and get any Netflix-exclusive material from the "high seas". They don't deserve to be paid for delivering such a flawed service; if anything they ought to be paying the developer of the Kodi addon as that has been the only reason I stayed subscribed. Meanwhile Netflix keeps raising prices, puts restrictions on account sharing, yet refuses to even give its paid subscribers the option of watching their material through their native app without any annoyances. Frankly they deserve to have their stuff on the high seas if they show it such disrespect. I'll support the people behind the shows in other ways such as buying any discs that come out.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Sholander - 2023-05-13

(2023-05-13, 05:17)8traxrule Wrote: I'm just about ready to give up on it; I use Kodi because I absolutely cannot stand the native interfaces of Netflix or most other streaming services as they interrupt end credits, cover up the beginning of movies with ratings banners and show "Skip Intro" prompts on shows which I would never skip and even if I did that prompt does not need to appear. I made a large donation to the developer of this addon and let them know how much I appreciate and depend on it in order to watch Netflix properly, I know they're still only human but especially if Netflix is going to keep throwing them obstacles they can't get past then I'll just cancel my Netflix subscription and use the other services that have working Kodi addons, and get any Netflix-exclusive material from the "high seas". They don't deserve to be paid for delivering such a flawed service; if anything they ought to be paying the developer of the Kodi addon as that has been the only reason I stayed subscribed. 

I completely agree with you, and often ask myself - is NF doing this on purpose, or are such obstructions just side effects of necessary changes they need to do?
Anyway, since there is more and more of their content on, as you say, "high seas" I'll also terminate my subscription if this present obstacle cannot be overcame. 
The main reason to quit, besides ones you mentioned, is that I have to use subtitles, and their subtitles are an insult and threat to my sanity...

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - JNRW - 2023-05-13

I also agree with the above.

Kodi is a well respected, globally known entity with a terrific product and an excellent reputation for countering piracy.

Surely someone high up in the organisation would be able to approach somebody of influence within Netflix to explain that by making the use of @CastagnaIT’s brilliant add-on difficult to impossible to use then Netflix will lose subscribers to piracy. Further it should be explained to Netflix that the ability to use the add-on unhindered would very likely bring them even more revenue.

It really is a no-brainer. Is there any merit to my suggestion?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Paco8 - 2023-05-14

If the addon allows viewing without ads on the ad-supported subscription (which I don't know if that's the case), then you have a reason why Netflix wants to prevent the use of this addon.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - JNRW - 2023-05-14

(2023-05-14, 13:05)Paco8 Wrote: If the addon allows viewing without ads on the ad-supported subscription (which I don't know if that's the case), then you have a reason why Netflix wants to prevent the use of this addon.

You are, of course, correct but I bet @CastagnaIT could adapt his addon to disallow that type of subscription. 
Another reason, then, for a dialog with Netflix.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - MrMagic - 2023-05-16

Strange things are happening with the addon today on the Shield Pro 2019.

I can logon and play videos again in 4K, but the bitrate is only about half of what it normally is and the videos only play in SDR and no longer in DV/HDR.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Sholander - 2023-05-17

(2023-05-16, 22:28)MrMagic Wrote: I can logon and play videos again in 4K, but the bitrate is only about half of what it normally is and the videos only play in SDR and no longer in DV/HDR.

Rest ESN and try Wink

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - MrMagic - 2023-05-17

(2023-05-17, 14:07)Sholander Wrote: Rest ESN and try

Nope that didn't work. Cleared memory and disk cache. Reset ESN. Still only 4K playback in SDR.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - shaktoo - 2023-05-20

@Sholander : So are you able to play the videos  on windows ? As the video playback just tanks in 2-3 Minutes and only audio playback continues .
Maybe I''ll just delete and try to re setup , but I am worried regards the Log in issues.
Lets see

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Sholander - 2023-05-20

No, I don't use Windows. I get NF and HBO_Max streams on (an old) FireStick 4K running Kodi 20.1. Both services work OK in UHD with DV and DA 5.1...

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - MrMagic - 2023-05-21

Just found out that on Kodi Nexus with IS:A 20.3 everything plays fine in 4K DV on the Shield.

It's only Kodi Omega with IS:A 21.1 that plays 4K in SDR.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - shaktoo - 2023-05-21

(2023-05-21, 00:18)MrMagic Wrote: Just found out that on Kodi Nexus with IS:A 20.3 everything plays fine in 4K DV on the Shield.

It's only Kodi Omega with IS:A 21.1 that plays 4K in SDR.
And it does not play anything on Windows.
Yes on Android & Shield its working perfectly 
This is a theme emerging as both Amazon & Netflix on Windows kodi ( as the devices are not L1 widevine) are not working properly
Working well on Shield as its L1 WV 
time to put nail on HTPC 
Its a shame that Shield has not been updated to more robust hardware specs

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - orenmi - 2023-05-28

worked well for a week, nvidia shield, last night stopped working again.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - 5kov - 2023-06-01

I'm able to login using NFAuthenticationKey for Netflix but when I try to play a movie a "MSLError: Email or password is incorrect" pops up.
Any solutions for this problem?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - QianyuLi - 2023-06-03

https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/issues/1589#issuecomment-1565958930