Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Crimson88 - 2023-11-08

(2023-11-04, 19:37)alibeyendi Wrote: plugin not working, I can't log in to Netflix, it gives wrong pin warning  NFAuthenticationKey...I'm trying to log in but it doesn't work can you help me? Thank you

Are you using an authentication key to log in?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - ultrax77 - 2023-11-10

Hello,

i cant play Dolby Vision in the addon. I can play only 4k in Atmos, no HDR, no Dolby Vision. With the other addons Disney or prime, Dolby Vision is no problem. So, what do i wrong? I have a Shield 2019 pro...

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Jungle-Jim - 2023-11-10

Hello
(newbie here excuse ignorance)

I have read a number of pages of this thread - and - so does this mean that Netflix basically won't run on any version of Kodi, unless this Widevine issue is solved?

My set up is:
LibreElec 11.0.3 / Kodi 20.2
on a PC:  Pentium G3420 3.2ghz - 4gb ram - Nvidia GeForce GT730 (2gb) - SSD for OS drive.
* Using CastagnaIT Rep 2.0.0 for Netflix.

This box previously had LibreElec 10.* running on it for a few years, and was fine for 1080p x265 from a local NAS and Netflix streaming etc - so hardware isn't the issue. All other sources of content work with this current LE 11.0.3 installation. The authentification method to sign into Netflix works ok.

I'm finding that some Netflix video selections work (particularly the older, low-res ones), and some only work for a few minutes then crash (I've read why) but most give this error message:

"MSLError: This title is not available to watch instantly. Please try another title"

Installed is Widevine CDM ver 4.10.2710.0
I also tried using these earlier versions of Widevine CDM, which were listed as available on the menu but these didn't help.

My queries:
* Is this Netflix/Widevine problem the same across all hardware/CPUs - eg - Raspberry Pi or other ARM units?
* I can see reports of this problem happening on Win and Mac OS - and it's the same with my set-up, though it is Linux-based LibreElec. The commonality here is x86-64??
* Is this something to do with L1 and L3? Do ARM and x86-64 treat this differently?
My overall question: I'm seeking to have a media box which can view video content from a local NAS plus Netflix streaming - what are my options? Other than buying a Smart TV which I can't afford. I would of course prefer something based around Kodi.

Thanks for looking at this.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - alibeyendi - 2023-11-11

Yes, it still does not log in. When I use the key, it gives a wrong pin warning. If I log in with my email, it gives a wrong password warning. I cannot log in

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - alibeyendi - 2023-11-11

(2023-11-08, 20:58)Crimson88 Wrote: Are you logging in using your email and password or an authentication key?
Yes, it still does not log in. When I use the key, it gives a wrong pin warning. If I log in with my email, it gives a wrong password warning. I cannot log in

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - shaktoo - 2023-11-13

(2023-11-10, 15:32)Jungle-Jim Wrote: Hello
(newbie here excuse ignorance)

I have read a number of pages of this thread - and - so does this mean that Netflix basically won't run on any version of Kodi, unless this Widevine issue is solved?

My set up is:
LibreElec 11.0.3 / Kodi 20.2
on a PC:  Pentium G3420 3.2ghz - 4gb ram - Nvidia GeForce GT730 (2gb) - SSD for OS drive.
* Using CastagnaIT Rep 2.0.0 for Netflix.

This box previously had LibreElec 10.* running on it for a few years, and was fine for 1080p x265 from a local NAS and Netflix streaming etc - so hardware isn't the issue. All other sources of content work with this current LE 11.0.3 installation. The authentification method to sign into Netflix works ok.

I'm finding that some Netflix video selections work (particularly the older, low-res ones), and some only work for a few minutes then crash (I've read why) but most give this error message:

"MSLError: This title is not available to watch instantly. Please try another title"

Installed is Widevine CDM ver 4.10.2710.0
I also tried using these earlier versions of Widevine CDM, which were listed as available on the menu but these didn't help.

My queries:
* Is this Netflix/Widevine problem the same across all hardware/CPUs - eg - Raspberry Pi or other ARM units?   Yes for PC , No for Pi & ARM
* I can see reports of this problem happening on Win and Mac OS - and it's the same with my set-up, though it is Linux-based LibreElec. The commonality here is x86-64??
* Is this something to do with L1 and L3? Do ARM and x86-64 treat this differently? YES
My overall question: I'm seeking to have a media box which can view video content from a local NAS plus Netflix streaming - what are my options? Other than buying a Smart TV which I can't afford. I would of course prefer something based around Kodi.
My Advice Forget about making a PC , Get  Nvidia Shield instead, That works very well with Widevine L1 and Kodi & Netflix, Disney+ & PrimeVideo  & will conect to Local File server / NAS etc .

Thanks for looking at this.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - ultrax77 - 2023-11-14

(2023-11-10, 09:58)ultrax77 Wrote: Hello,

i cant play Dolby Vision in the addon. I can play only 4k in Atmos, no HDR, no Dolby Vision. With the other addons Disney or prime, Dolby Vision is no problem. So, what do i wrong? I have a Shield 2019 pro...

Any ideas for me? all others can play dolby vision with the shield?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2023-11-22

(2023-11-14, 13:06)ultrax77 Wrote:
(2023-11-10, 09:58)ultrax77 Wrote: Hello,

Any ideas for me? all others can play dolby vision with the shield?
try read https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/wiki/FAQ-%28Audio%2C-Video%2C-Subtitle%2C-Other%29#how-to-enable-hdr-and-dolby-vision

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - ultrax77 - 2023-12-02

sorry, nothing changed...disney and prime working with kodi...netflix in 4k, but no vision

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - oldfartuk - 2023-12-16

Ok does anyone have a summary of this thread, netflix refuses to play on a mecool KM9 box, saying the device is not allowed.

This is a 221 page 3000 post thread, is there any chance someone can  state what the current instructions are to make it work?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - knappster - 2023-12-16

(2023-12-16, 18:48)oldfartuk Wrote: Ok does anyone have a summary of this thread, netflix refuses to play on a mecool KM9 box, saying the device is not allowed.

This is a 221 page 3000 post thread, is there any chance someone can  state what the current instructions are to make it work?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=2964343#pid2964343

It looks like you may be able to get lower resolutions to work by forcing L3 widevine security level, but your hardware is not compatible with Netflix and they will not allow you to watch HD.
Try the directions here to force L3 widevine security level: https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/wiki/Expert-settings#esn--widevine-settings

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - psbguy - 2023-12-23

Add on has just stopped working in Android TV, keeps logging me out and requesting authentication key and password! Anyone facing the same issue? I used version 1.22 as it was the latest version working on my device Mi Box S

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - MaykelOS - 2024-01-11

I have an issue. No matter what I do, it seems alway pick forced subtitles for the Netflix content although normal ones are available for my language. I watch content with original language audio setting as well.
I have preferred subtitles set to my language not to forced. Yet forced subtitles are picked by default.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Kravatak76 - 2024-01-11

(2024-01-11, 18:06)MaykelOS Wrote: I have an issue. No matter what I do, it seems alway pick forced subtitles for the Netflix content although normal ones are available for my language. I watch content with original language audio setting as well.
I have preferred subtitles set to my language not to forced. Yet forced subtitles are picked by default.

the same thing is happening to me and I still haven't figured out how to make it so that non forced subtitles are selected.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Kyselinka - 2024-01-15

Hi guys, i want to ask if somebody has the same problem like me. Every video/movie playing thrue Netlix plugin flickering or how can i say it. Specifically red colours in the picture blinking. I tried to change every setting in the plugin but nothing helps. Videos/movies playing outside the plugin working without problems. Thank you.