Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - tchirou - 2019-02-10

I can log in, navigate and everything but when I try to play something, I have the audio, but not the video, only the background image of the tv show, zooming in and out. Like if it was thinking it was just an audio file.
Someone else with an Nvidia shield has the same problem and I can’t find how to love this.
Very annoying...

Édit : thanks for your confirmation

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - b4cksl4sh - 2019-02-10

(2019-02-10, 11:03)stefive83 Wrote:  what addon version?
if 13.21 is no longer maintained,
if you use 14 beta 8 or 9 put the full log with debug informations on 
  I got it from here https://github.com/asciidisco/plugin.video.netflix Has this version been abandoned?

RE: 4K and dolby Atmos - CastagnaIT - 2019-02-10

(2019-02-10, 16:51)c_c_c_66 Wrote: I have installed version 14 beta  from a link above in a Nvidia Shield (capable of Widevine L1).
Nvidia is connected via HDMI 2.0 cable to Onkio Receiver Atmos enabled and then, always via HDMI 2.0, connected to a Samsung 4K TV. 
Copied an verified (THREE times!) the ESN from Netflix appl.
Enabled HEVC profiles in addon settings.
Enabled Dolby profiles in addon setting.
Disabled Dolby vision (I haven't TV capable of handling this setting)
I can't find the option to enable Atmos.

No 4K option ("only" 1080) and no Atmos option.
I know that "Velvet buzzshow" has Atmos  but have "only" 5.1 track playable.

Where can I find the option to enable Atmos?
Why I can't see the 4K video option?

Thank you to CastagnaIT!
Very well done work with your beta!
Your beta files is the only one that has made me possible to see Netflix on Kodi!
Thankyou again!
 first make sure that:
In Nvidia setting:
Shield setting -> Display & Sound -> Advanced settings -> Surround Sound -> Set to Always

Only after in kodi audio settings:
Enable TrueHD passthrough

In Netflix addon v14.0 dolby atmos is enabled by default
if in the netflix addon settings, in the Expert page is enabled "Use Dolby Sound".

Unfortunately, I don't have a 4k display to make test i can't help you for this purpose,
I read in some posts that increasing the min/max bandwidth of the adaptive input stream help to force higher resolutions

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2019-02-10

(2019-02-10, 19:10)Woerd88 Wrote: Hi,
I got a question. I really like the addon from what i have seen.
But i am a bit hesitant about entering my Netflix email en password.
Is the password secured? Can other addon don't access this information?
(I tried to browse the python files from the addon but can't seem to be sure how the password is stored).
 at least for the version 14.0 the email and password are encrypted, so they are not freely readable by opening configuration file
and are not available even through the log files

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2019-02-10

(2019-02-10, 17:16)kowalmisiek Wrote:  I will check what you are writing about.
The problem is still different. I mean that already on the netflix menu with films in the movie descriptions is given that the movie has a resolution of 1080p and also has a resolution of 4K.
When I turn on android TV and the Stranger Things series season 1 on it. In the description on android TV, I have 4K. The same series in KODI netflix has 1080p in the description. Can it be fixed?
There is this problem in all videos. Everywhere the maximum 1080p resolution is given, although the majority of the video is 4K.
It would also be nice if you could read in the video main menu if the movie has HDR.

The picture shows that it is on the series "Ultra HD 4K", "5.1", "3 seasons", "age 16" and the year of production "2017". For other films that have HDR mode there is also an "HDR" icon.
https://zapodaj.net/50b8f61e05c70.jpg.html
Is it possible to add such data to the plug-in view? 

Yes, I understand. Unfortunately, I can't do tests without a 4k display,
but I can check the functioning of the descriptions, more correctly the flags shown for each video

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - kowalmisiek - 2019-02-10

Thank you in advance for your great work. It is a pity that you do not have access to the 4K screen. I would like to help you in some tests how you would like some ideas.

I still have a question about your Netflix plugin on LibreELEC 9.0. Is it able to play 1080p video on LibreELEC?
I have HTPC in another room with LibreELEC.
CPU Intel G3420 (3.2Ghz)
Gigabyte GA-B85M-HD3 R4 motherboard
Geforce 630GT Graphics Card
SSD 128GB drive
Unfortunately, all movies are played at 720p. My equipment can play 1080p without any problems, but netflix works in 720p. What's the problem?

On Nvidia Shield TV everything works great and even 4K works sometimes and in LibreELEC there is a problem.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - wrxtasy - 2019-02-12

(2019-02-10, 23:00)kowalmisiek Wrote: Thank you in advance for your great work. It is a pity that you do not have access to the 4K screen. I would like to help you in some tests how you would like some ideas.

I still have a question about your Netflix plugin on LibreELEC 9.0. Is it able to play 1080p video on LibreELEC?

Unfortunately, all movies are played at 720p. My equipment can play 1080p without any problems, but netflix works in 720p. What's the problem?

On Nvidia Shield TV everything works great and even 4K works sometimes and in LibreELEC there is a problem.

Been testing this thoroughly last week or so.

Android Kodi Leia devices with baked in L1 DRM can HW decode 1080 / 2160p Netflix.
(except Android - Mecool devices - L1 DRM or HDCP - appears to be blacklisted).
Netflix servers stream 1080p reliably as well.

Linux / LibreELEC / CoreELEC - Kodi Leia -->> AMLogic devices, and RPi I believe are limited to SW decoding 720p Netflix max.
Rockchip RK3399 and recent Intel / AMD devices will be able to SW decode 1080p Netflix.

However - yes- for some reason you can sometimes only get 960x540p streams from the Netflix servers. Seems unreliably with movies.

And thanks to whichever user linked to this Gem to auto steam correct local language audio with correct subtitles:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329767&pid=2796326#pid2796326

Needs to be put in Page #1 or on Github help page that tip.

(2019-02-10, 21:41)stefive83 Wrote: I read in some posts that increasing the min/max bandwidth of the adaptive input stream help to force higher resolutions

thx. might play around with that.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - kowalmisiek - 2019-02-12

Quote:
Code:
Code:
Rockchip RK3399 and recent Intel / AMD devices will be able to SW decode 1080p Netflix.

When can you expect 1080p decoding on intel devices? Will Intel / AMD ever be able to decode 4K?
What do you mean by writing recent Intel / AMD devices. What series?
Will Nvidia / AMD external graphics cards be supported for working with netflix 1080p / 4K?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - docwra - 2019-02-12

(2019-02-12, 08:30)wrxtasy Wrote: And thanks to whichever user linked to this Gem to auto steam correct local language audio with correct subtitles:

Thanks first post all updated. Keep the tips coming and I will update with any important stuff.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - papavales - 2019-02-12

I have issue with dd 5.1 surround sound.
I use the addon 13.21 on android box minix u9-h, it works perfect except passthrough. When i enable passthrough for dd 5.1 it behaves weird(has no audio and skip scenes). Looks like like e-ac3 ac3 crash with this addon. Passthrough works fine with other addons.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - wrxtasy - 2019-02-13

(2019-02-12, 10:44)docwra Wrote:
(2019-02-12, 08:30)wrxtasy Wrote: And thanks to whichever user linked to this Gem to auto steam correct local language audio with correct subtitles:

Thanks first post all updated. Keep the tips coming and I will update with any important stuff.

And before I forget, this is deprecated for Android or Linux and is no longer needed. ESN auto populates on Android TV - Mi Box and MINIX U9 that I tried.

- Copy your Netflix ESN id (android settings >> about) to the Add-on settings (expert >> ESN). Yes its really, really long!!

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - cyberden - 2019-02-13

(2019-02-13, 07:15)wrxtasy Wrote: And before I forget, this is deprecated for Android or Linux and is no longer needed. ESN auto populates on Android TV - Mi Box and MINIX U9 that I tried.

- Copy your Netflix ESN id (android settings >> about) to the Add-on settings (expert >> ESN). Yes its really, really long!! 
 What does it mean? On my nvidia shield the ESN Id is auto populated to a value but it is not the string found in the settings menu. It is just the beginning of it. I tried to input the whole string but I only see 1080p streams. Should I reset something?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Wagg - 2019-02-13

For some reason 4k playback no longer works on both my Shield and 4k Fire stick. HDR works but at 1080p max.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CiNcH - 2019-02-13

I am also wondering about this ESN thingy. For me it is also wrong, not just that it misses the big numeric part, also the beginning is wrong (NFANDROID1 vs. NFANDROID2). 4K still works for me without entering the ESN it seems. Not every version of the add-on works for 4K though. Official 0.13.21 for example does not list anything above 1080p. @caphm's 0.14.0~Beta18 gives me the best results on Android TV. Beta 19 and 20 again lack those 4K streams in the selection.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Roentgen - 2019-02-13

Hello,

I have installed successfully Kodi and Netflix repository on a raspberry pi 3B+, and everything was working smoothly, but during the weekend I have remarked that I can't start video anymore from Netflix... I perfectly see the video list, but when I select one, it tries to start it and nothing happens and it goes back to video list... 
I have already tried to uninstall netflix restart and reinstall it but no change...

If somebody has an idea, thanks in advance.