Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - voom - 2019-02-16

For me this beta is the first version to work well. (nVidia Shield TV, Leia RC 18.1) Before the plugin synched with Netflix once at the beginning and then never refreshed the data. Playback and everything else worked, though. O, and I simply upgraded from 13.1 without deleting anything first and it started working immediately. 

Exporting to the library is not smooth yet, sometimes it shows up, sometimes it doesn't. Filtering is not quite practical yet, as the plugin seems to show shows as "watched" when it is partially watched, so I have to keep track of new episodes "manually". 

But: the primary reason for me to want to switch from watching via the Netflix app - apart from the Netflix-GUI being a disaster - is that I can limit the audio in Kodi. Most movies and shows have extremely low volume on speech and then it goes up heavily on action scenes and music. In the evening that means to have to turn volume up and down all the time. Now watching in Kodi where my audio settings are "normalized" I can understand all speech well and action scenes don't blast my ears away - and those of my sleeping neighbours. 

So thumbs up and looking forward to future development!

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - grobbie - 2019-02-16

Hi,

First of all really love this addon. I just installed version 14 beta 20 on my Shield tv for the atmos support. But for some reason atmos content wil not start. The screen switches to 24hz but then instead of playing the loading icon displays indefinitely. This happens with all atmos content. Non atmos content works correctly.

I set the android settings to surround always as suggested earlier in this thread. Also edited the settings.xml to set the atmos flag to true (is was not present in the settings ui).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Grobbie

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - grobbie - 2019-02-16

Ok, found the problem. Had nothing to do with atmos it was caused by the 4k profiles that were enabled. I have no 4k tv. Got atmos on Okja after that.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - kool_turk - 2019-02-17

I like the netflix addon because I like kodi's audio quality, and as a blind user I find the kodi netflix interface easier to use than the one in the netflix app for windows 10.

The only thing I wish both the beta and the main release would do is let you continue watching on another netflix app.

Oh and support for trailers would be nice, but that's not a big deal.

I tested out the beta release and while I don't need 4K, the stable version does what I need it to do.

Plus, the beta keeps giving me an error sound when I launch kodie, and unfortunately kodi screen reader, which is how blind people are able to use kodi, doesn't read those error messages.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - c_c_c_66 - 2019-02-17

(2019-02-16, 22:24)grobbie Wrote: Hi,

First of all really love this addon. I just installed version 14 beta 20 on my Shield tv for the atmos support. But for some reason atmos content wil not start. The screen switches to 24hz but then instead of playing the loading icon displays indefinitely. This happens with all atmos content. Non atmos content works correctly.

I set the android settings to surround always as suggested earlier in this thread. Also edited the settings.xml to set the atmos flag to true (is was not present in the settings ui).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Grobbie
I have no problem with 4K enabled but no Atmos sound (and my home theater is capable of Atmos); could you please post a copy of your edited settings.xml files please?
Thnak you!

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - grobbie - 2019-02-17

I just set the option enable_atmos_sound to true in settings.xml. it was defaulted to false in my case.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - grobbie - 2019-02-17

I have an issue with the exports. The plugin loses track of my exports. After a few restarts the plugin cant find any exports. This did not happen with v13x. I have my exports on an nfs share btw (also when I used v13).

Library.ndb2 seems to get lost for some reason. When I reexport it appears again.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - mic2 - 2019-02-17

Hi all

the newest version wroks pretty good on my shield. 4K HDR. all good.
Only thing which differs from the previous one.
There no subtitles anymore.
Is there any setting in the xml or so, where this can be enabled again?

thanks

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - olleman - 2019-02-17

Sorry to bring this up once again.

I have now tried the latest beta 204k that everyone seems quite happy with. I have installed it on a fresh kodi installation on my third machine and tried with two different Netflix accounts. None of them have any special characters in the passwords other than "_" and ".".

Netflix plugin says "check credentials" for all versions after 0.13.21 and this is on 3 different installations. Two windows machines and one RPi3. AND with two different accounts!

Reverting to 0.13.21 solves the problem on all three machines.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2019-02-17

(2019-02-15, 20:08)kowalmisiek Wrote: I tested the new version of 20.4K. It works very well.
There are several problems that are known.
1. No HDR flags (HDR icon in the movie list menu)
2. In each film and series there is an icon (Falaga) "Dolby Digital Plus 4.1". The sound is in 5.1 format.
3. In the list of movies, the resolution of the film and the series is displayed incorrectly. (1080p instead of 4K)

It was also a great idea to add a function that is on android tv. When you select a TV series or movie, its trailer appears.

1. HDR media-flag is not supported by the standard kodi theme
2. Please give some examples of films/series showing 4.1 instead of 5.1
and give me the kodi log with enabled debug informations by following these steps:
-install latest release: https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/archive/master.zip
-enable kodi debug informations
-enter in the menu and display the list of movies / TV series that show the problem-exit kodi and put the log file here
3. Give some examples

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - MrMagic - 2019-02-17

(2019-02-17, 18:24)mic2 Wrote: Hi all

the newest version wroks pretty good on my shield. 4K HDR. all good.
Only thing which differs from the previous one.
There no subtitles anymore.
Is there any setting in the xml or so, where this can be enabled again?

I have noticed that I do not get subtitles when I set the stream selection to Manual in the input-stream addon.

For now, I have set stream selection to Automatic and enabled the HDCP and Ignore Display Resolution options and this gives me 4K/HDR + Dutch subtitles automatically.

Not sure if this works because I have selected Dutch subtitles as the default in the Kodi language settings or that Netflix knows that I am from The Netherlands.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - kowalmisiek - 2019-02-17

(2019-02-17, 22:28)stefive83 Wrote:
(2019-02-15, 20:08)kowalmisiek Wrote: I tested the new version of 20.4K. It works very well.
There are several problems that are known.
1. No HDR flags (HDR icon in the movie list menu)
2. In each film and series there is an icon (Falaga) "Dolby Digital Plus 4.1". The sound is in 5.1 format.
3. In the list of movies, the resolution of the film and the series is displayed incorrectly. (1080p instead of 4K)

It was also a great idea to add a function that is on android tv. When you select a TV series or movie, its trailer appears.

1. HDR media-flag is not supported by the standard kodi theme
2. Please give some examples of films/series showing 4.1 instead of 5.1
and give me the kodi log with enabled debug informations by following these steps:
-install latest release: https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/archive/master.zip
-enable kodi debug informations
-enter in the menu and display the list of movies / TV series that show the problem-exit kodi and put the log file here
3. Give some examples 
 1. In what KODI motif can you see the HDR flag?
2. Sorry for the confusion. I just turned on the standard KODI Estuary skin. In this skin the soundtrack is displayed correctly 5.1. I use Eminence skins by Alanon and there is on all video sound 4.1 in the Netflix plugin. Is this the fault of Eminence skin?
3. In every TV series I reviewed, I have a 1080p menu description. And when I turn on a given series, 4k works. Example: Ozark, Stranger Things, Sex Education. Generally, I have not seen anywhere that there was a 4K flag.
https://zapodaj.net/c05bfdbc29446.png.html

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Setzer1994 - 2019-02-18

I just installed Kodi 18 on Windows 10 to try out the new functionality.  I'm having a bit of an issue.  I can log in fine and see the available videos, but whenever I go to play something I get:
"Invalid path error: no root handler...."

Here's the full log, any help would be appreciated!
gupociyuye.kodi (paste)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2019-02-18

(2019-02-18, 00:46)Setzer1994 Wrote: I just installed Kodi 18 on Windows 10 to try out the new functionality.  I'm having a bit of an issue.  I can log in fine and see the available videos, but whenever I go to play something I get:

gupociyuye.kodi (paste)

You need enable kodi debug info in kodi settings before open netflix and taking the log

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Setzer1994 - 2019-02-18

(2019-02-18, 14:55)stefive83 Wrote:
(2019-02-18, 00:46)Setzer1994 Wrote: I just installed Kodi 18 on Windows 10 to try out the new functionality.  I'm having a bit of an issue.  I can log in fine and see the available videos, but whenever I go to play something I get:

gupociyuye.kodi (paste)

You need enable kodi debug info in kodi settings before open netflix and taking the log 
Whoops, thought I did that.  Repasted w/ debug info:
eheyicacoj.kodi (paste)