Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Ogreen - 2019-02-22

(2019-02-22, 12:28)kowalmisiek Wrote:  If you want to have video in 4K, set yourself in the Input-Stream adaptive plugin in the first option value, eg 10000. In my case, videos in 4K are turned on. Unfortunately, flags are not displayed when selecting series and movies.

OK, Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna test with 10000.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - NackteElfe - 2019-02-22

(2019-02-22, 19:15)Ogreen Wrote:
(2019-02-22, 12:28)kowalmisiek Wrote:  If you want to have video in 4K, set yourself in the Input-Stream adaptive plugin in the first option value, eg 10000. In my case, videos in 4K are turned on. Unfortunately, flags are not displayed when selecting series and movies.

OK, Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna test with 10000. 
Didn't work for me unfortunately.
4k still doesn't work.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Ogreen - 2019-02-22

Well, it's not really working, I have the resolution 4k turned on but I have 4/3 picture, and when I go to parameter during the play, I can see that résolution movie is SD.
If I go back to 0,then movie résolution back to 1080p and full screen.
Very strange.
I have 1080p with HDR, but no 4k with HDR.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - kees667 - 2019-02-22

I have just installed Netflix on Libreelec Leia 9.0.0
I can logon to the app but playback fails and tells me to check the log.

I opened the Netflix app settings and under dependencies I see a whole list. I can click them all that then takes me to a similar screen for that component. Except for Python Crypto Library, which does not open, screen blinks and I end up back in the list of dependencies. Does that mean I am missing it (but Kodi thinks I have it?). It does state (installed).

Also checked addon_data folder and I have no folder for Python Crypto Library (I do voor inputstream and netflix, not sure if Python needs one/has one?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - NackteElfe - 2019-02-22

Do you have the Netflix App on your Win10 PC? Interestingly i realized that the app crashes too when I try to open 4k content.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2019-02-22

@docwra 
The link you entered on the first page for download is wrong, that is a modified version that also contains other problems.
If you want to continue following my repository replace the download link with this one:
(for confirmation you can verify it from the readme of my repository)

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/vifnw8ve44bi7/KodiNetflixAddon

in addition, the installation guide for windows is to be corrected,
no longer need to install widevine manually, it is installed automatically

To all those who have installed the "plugin.video.netflix-0.14.0.beta20.4K.zip" version posted on the first page,
update with the latest release by following the link, otherwise you may experience problems already solved thanks.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - ryadre - 2019-02-23

(2019-02-22, 21:41)stefive83 Wrote: @docwra 
The link you entered on the first page for download is wrong, that is a modified version that also contains other problems.
If you want to continue following my repository replace the download link with this one:

To all those who have installed the "plugin.video.netflix-0.14.0.beta20.4K.zip" version posted on the first page,
update with the latest release by following the link, otherwise you may experience problems already solved thanks.

Just tried this build from you thanks. On my rpi3. Still have issue of any kids accounts are empty. Went back to 13.21 and it works

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - NackteElfe - 2019-02-23

Thanks for the update. Unfortuantly 4k still doesn't work in the beta 21 for me neither. I wish I'd knew what's going wrong there.

That problem aside: Fantastic work, thank you!

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2019-02-23

(2019-02-23, 14:44)NackteElfe Wrote: Thanks for the update. Unfortuantly 4k still doesn't work in the beta 21 for me neither. I wish I'd knew what's going wrong there.

it works for the others, you certainly have some bad settings

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2019-02-23

(2019-02-23, 03:18)ryadre Wrote:
(2019-02-22, 21:41)stefive83 Wrote: @docwra 

To all those who have installed the "plugin.video.netflix-0.14.0.beta20.4K.zip" version posted on the first page,update with the latest release by following the link, otherwise you may experience problems already solved thanks.

Just tried this build from you thanks. On my rpi3. Still have issue of any kids accounts are empty. Went back to 13.21 and it works  
Can you run another test? I corrected the children's menu,
download from DailyBuild folder

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - NackteElfe - 2019-02-23

(2019-02-23, 17:21)stefive83 Wrote:
(2019-02-23, 14:44)NackteElfe Wrote: Thanks for the update. Unfortuantly 4k still doesn't work in the beta 21 for me neither. I wish I'd knew what's going wrong there.

it works for the others, you certainly have some bad settings 
 I most certainly do, I just don't know which ones. Wink

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - webmaher - 2019-02-23

last addon work very good on my Sony XE9005 … 4k HDR no problem at all… but on W10 Enterprise 1809 max resolution is 1920x1080... I try many combinations but no luck… why this not possible?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - NackteElfe - 2019-02-24

PS:
Might the reason I cannot run 4k be that I am using display port instead of HDMI to connect my screen to my PC?
I don't have a decent HDMI cable lying around, otherwise I'd test it out myself.

Also: Can someome tell me if I should enable the HEVC profiles or not on a Windows machine. It would be me help to corner in the problem.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - kowalmisiek - 2019-02-25

For me on the latest beta version 21 4k movies are played automatically on nvidia shield tv. I do not have to be set up in InputStream Adaptive / Min. Bandwitch 10000. Now I have set Bandwitch 0 and plays 4K material for me. There is only one problem left for me which is from the beginning of this plugin.

Bad marking of the resolution flags in the serial list.

During the playback the flag is 4K (good)
Before playing in the information about the series the flag is 1080 HD (wrong)

https://zapodaj.net/c05bfdbc29446.png.html

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Dumyat - 2019-02-26

(2019-02-24, 18:58)NackteElfe Wrote: PS:
Might the reason I cannot run 4k be that I am using display port instead of HDMI to connect my screen to my PC?
I don't have a decent HDMI cable lying around, otherwise I'd test it out myself.

Also: Can someome tell me if I should enable the HEVC profiles or not on a Windows machine. It would be me help to corner in the problem.
Looking at the resolution feedback on the first page, I see nothing about Windows and 4K playback, so maybe it's not currently supported as yet. I haven't tried using any of the beta versions myself, so can't confirm, but my gut feeling is probably not.
You will also need a PC and Display that are both capable of 4K playback. I would also recommend using a HDMI 2.0 cable.