Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - b4cksl4sh - 2019-03-17

(2019-03-17, 15:11)stefive83 Wrote: instead of complaining and trying to install all the old versions, would providing detailed logs with active debugging to check the problem no longer be appropriate?  Huh

anyway, i just solved the error 'InvalidVideoId'

in about half an hour, the new beta release build, that encloses a series of fixes compared to the previous one
Thank you! Without your engagement I would have already cancelled my Netflix subscription.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2019-03-17

(2019-03-17, 17:33)performation Wrote: Just out of curiosity: Is netflix trying to block the addon and are we playing catch up or are there any other reasons for the last two bugs?
We rely on the functioning of the site and use its channel to communicateif netflix make changes to the site or change something in the responses of the server, we can not know, then the addon will break anytime, 
if you comply with their communication standards, you will not be blocked

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Benna - 2019-03-17

Hi, do you have a repository do add in KODI so that Netflix add-on can update as soon as you release an updated version?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - FarQuirkan - 2019-03-18

Well this has got to be one of the most frustrating addons around! It barely works for me.
I thought the lolomos error was fixed when I installed the latest v22 but now I randomly get KeyError: Menu_item, mainly when I search for a video on Netflix.
I can't see anyone else getting this error...am I the only one??!!

I'd post up a log file is anyone was interested in helping...

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - docwra - 2019-03-18

A reminder about the first post, please ALWAYS post a log file if you have an error.

If you cant be bothered to even do that, please don't bother posting so others who do put in the effort can get to the fix quicker.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - MrMagic - 2019-03-18

(2019-03-18, 05:57)FarQuirkan Wrote: Well this has got to be one of the most frustrating addons around! It barely works for me.
I thought the lolomos error was fixed when I installed the latest v22 but now I randomly get KeyError: Menu_item, mainly when I search for a video on Netflix.
I can't see anyone else getting this error...am I the only one??!!
Did you try beta 23 that was mentioned one page back? It never hurts to read back a couple of pages in threads like this.

Quote:I'd post up a log file is anyone was interested in helping...
Take it easy with the sarcasm. The developers of these addons are doing this in their spare time and they constantly need to adapt when the back-end of the service is changed.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Cryptkeeper88 - 2019-03-19

Hello, I have a Freebox Mini 4K with Android TV 7.1.1 (box internet provider) whose Netflix certification is in progress. In the meantime, I use Kodi and Netflix addon, but the latter is limited to SD (540p max) is this normal Huh Sad

Note: Freebox, French isp.
Drm Freebox Mini 4K : Widevine L1, hdcp 2.2, Microsoft Playready

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - city_zen - 2019-03-19

Hi, I'm trying to find the link to download the latest beta 23, but I can't find it
Would someone be so kind to tell me where it is?

I tried going to the github website of the addon (https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix) but I can't find beta 23 in the releases section (https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/releases)

I can see references to beta 23 at github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix, but I have no idea how to get it. I tried pressing the green "Clone or Download" button, but it downloads a zip file (plugin.video.netflix-master.zip) without any references to version number. Is that the correct file?

Not being a programmer, I find Github a bit hard to figure out  Huh

Thanks

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - debutanker - 2019-03-19

(2019-03-19, 07:21)city_zen Wrote: [...] I tried pressing the green "Clone or Download" button, but it downloads a zip file (plugin.video.netflix-master.zip) without any references to version number. Is that the correct file?

Not being a programmer, I find Github a bit hard to figure out  Huh

Thanks

Yes, thats the correct one (with this .zip, you always get the latest version).
Another possibility is to take the link in the first post...

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - vitocorl - 2019-03-19

You already have the right link, https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix just press clone or download green button and you will download a zip file with beta 23...

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - kowalmisiek - 2019-03-19

Hello.

Yesterday I made a restart to the factory settings on my Shield TV. I installed KODI 18.1 and the netflix 14 beta 23 plug-in. I have a problem now because I do not get 4K resolution. Everything is correctly set up as I had before.
I did a reboot to the factory settings to check if the flags will be correctly displayed on the resolution in the menu. Now the flags are badly displayed and I do not have the option of 4K resolution at all.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - krl69 - 2019-03-19

Maybe this has been discussed before but is it correct to assume that the status of movies or TV-episodes if I have “watched” or where to “resume”, is just local to Kodi and not updated to my profile on Netflix? Last night I watched a couple of episodes of a TV-series on my Ipad, but when I start the Netflix addon in Kodi today, the episodes are not flagged as “Watched”, nor the resume time of the third episode. Not a big problem but a little annoying.

I'm using the beta 23.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2019-03-19

(2019-03-19, 12:58)krl69 Wrote: Maybe this has been discussed before but is it correct to assume that the status of movies or TV-episodes if I have “watched” or where to “resume”, is just local to Kodi and not updated to my profile on Netflix? Last night I watched a couple of episodes of a TV-series on my Ipad, but when I start the Netflix addon in Kodi today, the episodes are not flagged as “Watched”, nor the resume time of the third episode. Not a big problem but a little annoying.

I'm using the beta 23.

Currently i do not know how to communicate to netflix the episodes seen. if someone discovers it would be splendid!

(2019-03-19, 09:25)kowalmisiek Wrote: Hello.

Yesterday I made a restart to the factory settings on my Shield TV. I installed KODI 18.1 and the netflix 14 beta 23 plug-in. I have a problem now because I do not get 4K resolution. Everything is correctly set up as I had before.
I did a reboot to the factory settings to check if the flags will be correctly displayed on the resolution in the menu. Now the flags are badly displayed and I do not have the option of 4K resolution at all.
Recheck settings, look at github readme
for now Nvidia shield 4k flags on skin are not displayed correctly, but 4k playback works.
For this problem I have already checked the manifests with a user, are the responses from the netflix service to be wrong the addon reads them correctly but not having a shield to check the cause...

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Cryptkeeper88 - 2019-03-19

Help!!!!

Hello, I have a Freebox Mini 4K with Android TV 7.1.1 (box internet provider) whose Netflix certification is in progress. In the meantime, I use Kodi and Netflix addon, but the latter is limited to SD (540p max) is this normal Huh Sad

Note: Freebox, French isp.
Drm Freebox Mini 4K : Widevine L1, hdcp 2.2, Microsoft Playready

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - donkeyhigh - 2019-03-20

Hey, which RPi OS'es have you guys gotten this to work with?
I've only gotten it to work with LibreELEC, but since LibreElec seems to be VERY restrictive, and only let's you install Kodi add-ons through repos, which is a big problem for me.
Specifically, I want to add Steamlink to my RPi 3B+, but I also want Kodi with Netflix.
Those are the two things I want this Raspberry to do..

I've gotten Steamlink to work with just about any other OS there is on RPi, but not LibreELEC. So yea, which other OSes have you guys gotten it to work with?
I've tried
OSMC,  no go.
DietPi, no go.
RetroPie, no go.

Doesn't really matter what OS it is, as long as it is somehow possible to boot both those processes within the same OS.
Also, it doesn't have to look good, just work. I'll finalize it and make it look/work easier after I just get it to boot both Steamlink/Kodi with working Netflix.

I DO have Dual-boot atm, one with LibreElec (for Netflix) and one with RetroPie (for Steamlink) but learning my kids how to swap between OSes is a bit of a hassle. And also they need a keyboard (I'd like to use only the Xbox controller, or possibly mouse).

Sorry, I realize as I'm about to post that this probably isn't the right place to ask about the Steamlink part, but if you could at least point me towards another OS than LibreElec that works with Netflix, I'm sure I can figure the rest out myself after a few days of tinkering.

Thanks for any response, and to the developers of this amazing add-on, keep up the good work!