Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - JamesGrey - 2019-04-28

Trying to get this working running latest CoreELEC and Kodi 18.1 and latest .14 Netflix plugin. The video plays, but it stutters, and audio is out of sync.

Looks like Amlogic has a maximum of 720 resolution so changing the setting in setup has it running smoothly.

Just need to figure out why OSMC won’t work.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Usafle - 2019-04-28

(2019-04-28, 17:30)JamesGrey Wrote: Trying to get this working running latest CoreELEC and Kodi 18.1 and latest .14 Netflix plugin. The video plays, but it stutters, and audio is out of sync.

Any ideas?

On my CoreELEC box at least, I can't go over 720p in the Input Stream addon settings. I was having the same exact issue you're describing until I dialed back the resolution to 720p

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Sholander - 2019-04-28

(2019-04-28, 17:30)JamesGrey Wrote: Trying to get this working running latest CoreELEC and Kodi 18.1 and latest .14 Netflix plugin. The video plays, but it stutters, and audio is out of sync.

Looks like Amlogic has a maximum of 720 resolution so changing the setting in setup has it running smoothly.

It is NOT Amlogic in general problem, but it depends on the SoC. On S922 SoC Netflix works great at 1080p with software (inputstream.adaptive) decoding.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Benna - 2019-04-28

Am i the only one that experience kodi crash when opening Netflix and then go back to the main menu? (i'm using Aeon MQ8 skin).

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - dm21912 - 2019-04-29

(2019-04-28, 23:39)Benna Wrote: Am i the only one that experience kodi crash when opening Netflix and then go back to the main menu? (i'm using Aeon MQ8 skin).

nope you arent the only one. Using Castagnal's latest builds (tried both release and daily) I was getting a lot of Kodi force closing completely, as well as countless pop up errors saying missing list etc..

Ive gone back to asciidisco's build and that is working beautifully. No crashes, widgets all working

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Benna - 2019-04-29

(2019-04-29, 02:48)dm21912 Wrote:
(2019-04-28, 23:39)Benna Wrote: Am i the only one that experience kodi crash when opening Netflix and then go back to the main menu? (i'm using Aeon MQ8 skin).

nope you arent the only one. Using Castagnal's latest builds (tried both release and daily) I was getting a lot of Kodi force closing completely, as well as countless pop up errors saying missing list etc..

Ive gone back to asciidisco's build and that is working beautifully. No crashes, widgets all working  
is this another project different from Castagna?

BTW, i think the problem is related on how MQ8 manage the Netflix shortcut to the main menu, shortcut that i've created:

If i run the netflix addon directly from the addon list, i don't experience any crash

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - xbmcreallyrocks - 2019-04-29

Hello, is this working in Linux?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - aas88keyz - 2019-04-29

(2019-04-29, 16:24)xbmcreallyrocks Wrote: Hello, is this working in Linux?

Works perfectly for me with 1080p and DD+ with all the bells and whistles in settlings. Unfortunately ya got to sort out the installs to find the version that works for your particular version.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - aas88keyz - 2019-04-29

(2019-04-29, 16:28)aas88keyz Wrote:
(2019-04-29, 16:24)xbmcreallyrocks Wrote: Hello, is this working in Linux?

Works perfectly for me with 1080p and DD+ with all the bells and whistles in settlings. Unfortunately ya got to sort out the installs to find the version that works for your particular system

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - asadi2.0 - 2019-04-30

First of all, I am noob.  Im using Android tv box Minix U9-h running Android 6.0.1. My is Kodi is 18.2 Leia.   I followed the procedure to add netflix addon and it was a success.   My only issue is that I dont get subtitles during playbacks.  bottom right corner subtitle button shows that subs are on.  I require the normal English Subtitles  (Which is already chosen by default) yet It doesnt show any subtitles.  I thought my video playback is probably in zoom mode thats why I cannot view the subs but it was in Normal mode and fits my screen correctly as per the settings.  Anything Im doing wrong here?  A setup I missed?  Netflix Kodi addon is not supposed to have subtitles?  Im not sure!

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - CastagnaIT - 2019-05-01

(2019-04-30, 22:53)asadi2.0 Wrote: First of all, I am noob.  Im using Android tv box Minix U9-h running Android 6.0.1. My is Kodi is 18.2 Leia.   I followed the procedure to add netflix addon and it was a success.   My only issue is that I dont get subtitles during playbacks.  bottom right corner subtitle button shows that subs are on.  I require the normal English Subtitles  (Which is already chosen by default) yet It doesnt show any subtitles.  I thought my video playback is probably in zoom mode thats why I cannot view the subs but it was in Normal mode and fits my screen correctly as per the settings.  Anything Im doing wrong here?  A setup I missed?  Netflix Kodi addon is not supposed to have subtitles?  Im not sure!
not all videos could have the desired subtitles,
make sure you have selected the subtitle stream NOT 'Forced'

the subtitles 'Forced' appear only when strictly necessary to describe key points

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - dm21912 - 2019-05-02

Tried CastagnalT build 14.1 today.

totally broken for me when it comes to playing video. I get audio, but no video at all, its like im playing a music file :/

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - dm21912 - 2019-05-02

(2019-05-02, 00:07)dm21912 Wrote: Tried CastagnalT build 14.1 today.
totally broken for me when it comes to playing video. I get audio, but no video at all, its like im playing a music file :/

solved. disabled all "expert" options in settings. perhaps the expert settings should be disabled as default.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Devil-Strike - 2019-05-02

(2019-04-22, 14:12)farhanito Wrote:
(2019-04-22, 13:14)Kilvearn Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 16:52)farhanito Wrote: Do you have atmos/height speakers on your setup? 
I assume it would show "Atmos" when the media source has an Atmos stream ? (Not depending on my speakers)  

No. You have to have height/Atmos speakers and assign them on the denon.  

Indeed same for onkyo if you setup the speakers to 5.1 it wont enable atmos but only dd+, when setting speaker to lets say 5.1.2 is wil show it on your avr, here a blue light is shown on avr display and in info screen i see dolby+/atmos.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - rapteev - 2019-05-03

(2019-05-02, 00:07)dm21912 Wrote: Tried CastagnalT build 14.1 today.

Same for me on nvidia shield tv, but on my case neither video nor audio, just an error.