Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] Ok it works great but....... - haggierockstar - 2019-07-02

(2018-03-08, 11:33)docwra Wrote: I couldn't find a thread for the latest Netflix Input Stream based Add-on and google just shows up piracy links, so I thought it was about time we had a thread about it so people with paid subscriptions can use netflix inside Kodi.

This is not my Add-on, but seems like a good community effort. This is also not an "official Add-on" by the Kodi team. It has been built by 3rd parties.

If you are posting about a problem, provide a LOG FILE!! https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
The trademark "Netflix" is registered by "Netflix, Inc."

Requirements
- A paid Netflix subscription
- Latest Kodi v18
- Inputstream Add-on (included with the nightlies but may be disabled by default)

Source
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix

Repository (Auto update to Main Build Releases)
https://github.com/castagnait/repository.castagnait/raw/master/repository.castagnait-1.0.0.zip

Latest Daily Builds
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/vifnw8ve44bi7/KodiNetflixAddon#tnu4623j66c66

InstructionsAndroid
- Install the repository on your machine using Install from zip
- Enable Input Stream Add-on Add-ons >> Package icon >> My Add-ons >> Video Player Inputstream >> Inputstream Adaptive >> menu >> enable
- Install the addon from Addons >> Package icon >> Install from repository >> netflix repository >> video Ads-ons >> Netflix Add-on
- Configure the netflix Add-on with your Login details for netflix
- Copy your Netflix ESN id (android settings >> about) to the Add-on settings (expert >> ESN). Yes its really, really long!! UPDATE Feb-2019: you probably don't need to do this any more as the Add-on should auto find it.
- Restart Kodi IMPORTANT!!
NOTE: https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/check-if-your-phone-can-stream-hd-video-from-netflix-amazon-prime-video-other-services-0181603/

ImageWindows (64bit)
- Download the appropriate widevine dll from here
- Copy the widevinecdm.dll >> [user]/AppData/Roaming/Kodi/cdm/
- Install the addon from Addons >> Package icon >> Install from repository >> netflix repository >> video Ads-ons >> Netflix Add-on

Adding Netflix items to your library
1) When you find a movie or Tv show you want to add to your Kodi library, press 'C' to enable the context menu, then select the 'export to library' option.
2) By default, the Netflix addon exports items to the following path on Windows and will create separate folders at this location for movies and Tv shows:-
C:\Users\My Pc's Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.netflix (You can obviously choose a different path if you prefer).
3) Create a new Video path for your Netflix Movie and Tv shows folders by clicking on 'Videos' on your main home menu, then 'Files', then 'Add Videos'
5) Navigate and select the path of your Netflix Movie and TV show folders, as detailed in step 2
6) Once your path has been added, highlight it, then press 'C' to enable the context menu and select the 'Scan For New Content' option. Once done, your Netflix items will now appear in your Kodi library....

NOTE ON DELETING ITEMS: What needs to be noted is that whether we have a Netflix source (containing .strm files pointing to a Netflix movie/tv show) or a local HDD source (containing video in mkvs, mp4s or other files), they are treated the same way by Kodi. That is, when we remove a library entry, it is only removed from your database. The actual movie or stream files still exist and are never removed from your file system, so every time you scan your library they come back...The correct way to permanently remove a movie or tv show from Kodi is to highlight the item within Kodi and select manage from the context menu then select remove from library (or such). Finally by using the os, or Kodi file manager under system, navigate to the source location where Netflix exports too and delete the .strm files and directeory for the show you’ve removed from the library...

Video Instructions Thx nate!
Testing feedback on resolutions (thx @wrxtasy)
Android Kodi Leia devices with baked in L1 DRM can HW decode 1080 / 2160p Netflix.
(except Android - Mecool devices - L1 DRM or HDCP - appears to be blacklisted).
Netflix servers stream 1080p reliably as well.
Linux / LibreELEC / CoreELEC - Kodi Leia -->> AMLogic devices, and RPi I believe are limited to SW decoding 720p Netflix max.
Rockchip RK3399 and recent Intel / AMD devices will be able to SW decode 1080p Netflix.
However - yes- for some reason you can sometimes only get 960x540p streams from the Netflix servers. Seems unreliably with movies. 

Settings for foriegn audio defaults
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329767&pid=2796326#pid2796326

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - DarrenHill - 2019-07-02

@haggierockstar - are you randomly quoting other people's posts in this thread for a reason, or are you just having problems using the forum?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - haggierockstar - 2019-07-02

Ok it works great. But every time I play a movie (well not every movie) it plays it but it has audio movie description with it. It has done it to some tv shows to. I looked and looked to change the setting and maybe change it. But I can not find how to do it. I have looked on neflix site and you can change that as it plays. But kodi does not have that option. Well I am new to netflix all together. I got it because I found this addon. But now I am getting irritated with it all together. Never used this addon and first time using netflix. 
   Can someone help me outHuh If i don't get answers soon I am going to pull my hair out. I might just have to get rid of the addon and netflix. Idk. So if someone has a trick or a way to fix this it would be awesomely awesome!!! 
HELP ME PLEASE!!!

KEEP ROCKING!!!

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Morguito - 2019-07-02

(2019-07-02, 16:28)haggierockstar Wrote: Ok it works great. But every time I play a movie (well not every movie) it plays it but it has audio movie description with it. It has done it to some tv shows to. I looked and looked to change the setting and maybe change it. But I can not find how to do it. I have looked on neflix site and you can change that as it plays. But kodi does not have that option. Well I am new to netflix all together. I got it because I found this addon. But now I am getting irritated with it all together. Never used this addon and first time using netflix. 
   Can someone help me outHuh If i don't get answers soon I am going to pull my hair out. I might just have to get rid of the addon and netflix. Idk. So if someone has a trick or a way to fix this it would be awesomely awesome!!! 
HELP ME PLEASE!!!

KEEP ROCKING!!!
Hey man,

Just click the "gear" icon on the main Netflix screen (bottom right corner), go to audio options and select the language you want, without description.

Smile

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - ClippyBeer - 2019-07-03

First want to say excellent work not only on Kodi but the Netflix add-on.  On a PC this blows away Netflix's HTML5 playback in any web browser or any app on a set-top box.  There was one thing that was vexing me when I first installed this plugin on Kodi 18.3 in Lubuntu 18.04 - the subtitles were always in the wrong order (second line was always on top of the first).

I tried one suggestion to adjust the screen size in video calibration, no change.  Thinking it may have something with Lubuntu's drivers for my AMD video I installed Kodi in Windows 7.  Same problem!  Grrrr....Finally after fiddling with all the settings I found the fix.

Settings->Videos->Sync playback to display->toggle on.

Now Netflix's subtitles work perfectly!  Subtitles are very handy when you are trying to watch in a room with lots of background noise.  Hope someone else finds this tip helpful.

RE: Netflix add-on and Kodi 18 nightly [Unavailable dependencies] HELP HELP HELP!!! - haggierockstar - 2019-07-04

(2018-03-10, 18:06)teredactle Wrote: Hi, first off there was a thread I was reading about this, but I can't find it now for the life of me, I closed that browser tab, so apologies.

I installed the latest Kodi 18 nightly on my MiBox (Android) and downloaded the new Netflix add-on, following the instructions here: https://github.com/asciidisco/plugin.video.netflix

In particular it's showing the following, so I don't believe I need to install anything extra..

Prerequisites
Kodi 18 nightlybuild
Inputstream.adaptive >=v2.0.0 (should be included in your Kodi 18 installation)
Libwidevine >=1.4.8.970 (for non Android devices)

However, I can't install the Netflix add-on as I get a screen telling me that 2 dependencies are missing:

script.module.pycryptodome
Unavailable

Inputstream.adaptive
Unavailable

All the other dependencies are showing as installed.

Would appreciate any ideas/advice here; tried to search for both of those terms/dependencies and couldn't find anything to help me.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - haggierockstar - 2019-07-04

I need help!!! I can not get net flix to stop with the audio description on movies and tv shows. It is driving me NUTS NUTS NUTS NUTS NUTS NUTS NUTS!!!!!!! So shows it don't and most do. Movies too!!! Only a few out of all of them do not have audio description. I am going NUTS NUTS !!!

HAGGIEROCKSTAR!!!

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] I need help pleas! - haggierockstar - 2019-07-04

(2019-07-02, 16:17)haggierockstar Wrote:
(2018-03-08, 11:33)docwra Wrote: I couldn't find a thread for the latest Netflix Input Stream based Add-on and google just shows up piracy links, so I thought it was about time we had a thread about it so people with paid subscriptions can use netflix inside Kodi.

This is not my Add-on, but seems like a good community effort. This is also not an "official Add-on" by the Kodi team. It has been built by 3rd parties.

If you are posting about a problem, provide a LOG FILE!! https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
The trademark "Netflix" is registered by "Netflix, Inc."

Requirements
- A paid Netflix subscription
- Latest Kodi v18
- Inputstream Add-on (included with the nightlies but may be disabled by default)

Source
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix

Repository (Auto update to Main Build Releases)
https://github.com/castagnait/repository.castagnait/raw/master/repository.castagnait-1.0.0.zip

Latest Daily Builds
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/vifnw8ve44bi7/KodiNetflixAddon#tnu4623j66c66

InstructionsAndroid
- Enable Input Stream Add-on Add-ons >> Package icon >> My Add-ons >> Video Player Inputstream >> Inputstream Adaptive >> menu >> enable
- Copy your Netflix ESN id (android settings >> about) to the Add-on settings (expert >> ESN). Yes its really, really long!! UPDATE Feb-2019: you probably don't need to do this any more as the Add-on should auto find it.
- Restart Kodi IMPORTANT!!
NOTE: https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/check-if-your-phone-can-stream-hd-video-from-netflix-amazon-prime-video-other-services-0181603/

ImageWindows (64bit)
- Download the appropriate widevine dll from here
- Copy the widevinecdm.dll >> [user]/AppData/Roaming/Kodi/cdm/

Adding Netflix items to your library
1) When you find a movie or Tv show you want to add to your Kodi library, press 'C' to enable the context menu, then select the 'export to library' option.
2) By default, the Netflix addon exports items to the following path on Windows and will create separate folders at this location for movies and Tv shows:-
C:\Users\My Pc's Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.netflix (You can obviously choose a different path if you prefer).
3) Create a new Video path for your Netflix Movie and Tv shows folders by clicking on 'Videos' on your main home menu, then 'Files', then 'Add Videos'
5) Navigate and select the path of your Netflix Movie and TV show folders, as detailed in step 2
6) Once your path has been added, highlight it, then press 'C' to enable the context menu and select the 'Scan For New Content' option. Once done, your Netflix items will now appear in your Kodi library....

NOTE ON DELETING ITEMS: What needs to be noted is that whether we have a Netflix source (containing .strm files pointing to a Netflix movie/tv show) or a local HDD source (containing video in mkvs, mp4s or other files), they are treated the same way by Kodi. That is, when we remove a library entry, it is only removed from your database. The actual movie or stream files still exist and are never removed from your file system, so every time you scan your library they come back...The correct way to permanently remove a movie or tv show from Kodi is to highlight the item within Kodi and select manage from the context menu then select remove from library (or such). Finally by using the os, or Kodi file manager under system, navigate to the source location where Netflix exports too and delete the .strm files and directeory for the show you’ve removed from the library...

Video Instructions Thx nate!
Testing feedback on resolutions (thx @wrxtasy)
Android Kodi Leia devices with baked in L1 DRM can HW decode 1080 / 2160p Netflix.
(except Android - Mecool devices - L1 DRM or HDCP - appears to be blacklisted).
Netflix servers stream 1080p reliably as well.
Linux / LibreELEC / CoreELEC - Kodi Leia -->> AMLogic devices, and RPi I believe are limited to SW decoding 720p Netflix max.
Rockchip RK3399 and recent Intel / AMD devices will be able to SW decode 1080p Netflix.
However - yes- for some reason you can sometimes only get 960x540p streams from the Netflix servers. Seems unreliably with movies. 

Settings for foriegn audio defaults
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329767&pid=2796326#pid2796326

OK I can not turn off audio description on the netflix. It only plays a few without audio description. On movies and tv shows. Almost everything has audio description. It is driving me nuts! It is hard to watch a movie and ppl are talking in movie and someone else is talking and say the sky is blue and the parking lot is full at the same time! I am going NUTS NUTS NUTS NUTS NUTS!!! Please Please PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!! I CAN NOT FIGURE IT OUT!!! HELP ME!!!

HaggieRockStar!!!

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] I know that - haggierockstar - 2019-07-04

(2019-07-02, 20:52)Morguito Wrote:
(2019-07-02, 16:28)haggierockstar Wrote: Ok it works great. But every time I play a movie (well not every movie) it plays it but it has audio movie description with it. It has done it to some tv shows to. I looked and looked to change the setting and maybe change it. But I can not find how to do it. I have looked on neflix site and you can change that as it plays. But kodi does not have that option. Well I am new to netflix all together. I got it because I found this addon. But now I am getting irritated with it all together. Never used this addon and first time using netflix. 
HELP ME PLEASE!!!

KEEP ROCKING!!!
Hey man,

Just click the "gear" icon on the main Netflix screen (bottom right corner), go to audio options and select the language you want, without description.

Smile 

Yea I know that. Im talking about on kodi addon. There is no gear icon on the window. I went threw all the settings and can not find anything to turn it off. It's like it is on some most all the shows and movies but a few hear and there it does not have the audio description.

Sorry I am new to all this posting stuff. I have never did it till now. So I really do not understand it. I did not even see it till today when I was searching how to fix it. I figured I installed it wrong but I didn't. So now back to trying to ask for help on how to resolve the issue. I am sure it is something stupid like always.

I know there is a gear icon on netflix on regular site. But it is totally different then kodi. I love kodi and just want to use netflix threw it rather then netflix site. I have amazon vod and that works fine. It is just netflix that is being a pain in the ass! If anyone knows why some shows don't have it and almost all others do let me know. I looked in netflix on the regular sit to check settings and that is all good there. And I went to setting in netflix kodi addon and it looks good there to. So idk what is is. Maybe it just picks up streams with it on some and not on others. IDK. That is why I am asking for help. Because I don't know what to doHuh SO if anyone is having the same problem let me know how they fixed it.

Thanks,
HaggieRockStar!

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - DarrenHill - 2019-07-04

@haggierockstar - please tone it down. We neither need nor want all the large font stuff and bolding/underlining. If it continues then your posts will be removed - just keep it to normal text without all the other stuff.

Also please include your additional text in the same post as your quote if you must reference a previous one.

At the moment this thread is starting to become rather messy.

(2019-07-02, 16:19)DarrenHill Wrote: @haggierockstar - are you randomly quoting other people's posts in this thread for a reason, or are you just having problems using the forum?

Yeah Idk man. I have never been on a site like this and posts. So idk how to use them. Im try or actually asking for help to figure this out. I can not get audio desiption of on the kodi netflix addon. It is like almost all movie and tv shows have it. Only a couple random hear and there do not have it. It is driving me NUTS. So if you know anyone or if you know how to fix it let me know. Please!!!

(2019-07-04, 10:27)DarrenHill Wrote: @haggierockstar - please tone it down. We neither need nor want all the large font stuff and bolding/underlining. If it continues then your posts will be removed - just keep it to normal text without all the other stuff.

Also please include your additional text in the same post as your quote if you must reference a previous one.

At the moment this thread is starting to become rather messy.
Just figured that out. Didn't know it before. Sorry man!

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Sholander - 2019-07-04

(2019-07-04, 10:25)haggierockstar Wrote: Yea I know that. Im talking about on kodi addon. There is no gear icon on the window. I went threw all the settings and can not find anything to turn it off. It's like it is on some most all the shows and movies but a few hear and there it does not have the audio description.

Sorry I am new to all this posting stuff. I have never did it till now. So I really do not understand it. I did not even see it till today when I was searching how to fix it. I figured I installed it wrong but I didn't. So now back to trying to ask for help on how to resolve the issue. I am sure it is something stupid like always.

I know there is a gear icon on netflix on regular site. But it is totally different then kodi.
You are very good at shouting and impatience, but not any good at looking Wink
Netflix Gear Icon: