Kodi Community Forum
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream] (/showthread.php?tid=329767)

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - tomasiek - 2019-07-31

(2019-07-30, 17:20)Skank Wrote:
(2019-07-27, 19:19)Skank Wrote: Huh, he's not friendly at all
I posted on github
He immediately closed it, without explanation

No support for this addon? 

He is very friendly. However, by adding an entry to github, you did not follow the rules that CastagnaIT defined. You have been informed about it. Unfortunately, with such a large plugin, if you want to get help, you must act to provide all the information about which the author asks.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Dumyat - 2019-07-31

@b'sketti
Aha, not sure how I missed the option to disable the start-up notification, but I did. Thankfully, it's now disabled.
Thanks for raising the email issue. If every user is experiencing the same thing it might draw some attention from Netflix.
Yeah, I had my folders set-up like you described. Well, I certainly had on my Windows 10 device but when I just went to check, my folders are gone. I did recently upgrade from the 'asciidisco' version to the 'castagnait' version. I noticed at the time, all my previous exported items had got deleted in the upgrade, but the folders were still there, albeit empty. However, they appear to have gone as well now.
I'll need to check on my shield device, which is where I was getting the problem I described with exporting.. To be clear, when I export an item, it does get scrapped and added to my library, but as I said it seems to be missing the genre, ratings and clearlogo. Even scanning the folder afterwards for new content makes no difference. It looks like the metadata is coming direct from Netflix, but minus the above extras. The only way I found to get that info, is to do a manual refresh of each item after it's been exported and re-scrape it. In the 'asciidisco' version when you exported an item, only the STRM file got exported to the Movie or TV Show folders. Then you scanned these items with the regular Kodi scrappers. That does not seem to be the case now. 
Oh, I saw an option in the library settings that says 'Migrate Library to New Format'. Ok, it sounds pretty self explanatory what the option does, but I was unsure if selecting it would affect anything in my normal Kodi libraries, ie local movies/Tv shows, so I left the option alone.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Skank - 2019-07-31

(2019-07-31, 07:20)tomasiek Wrote:
(2019-07-30, 17:20)Skank Wrote:
(2019-07-27, 19:19)Skank Wrote: Huh, he's not friendly at all
I posted on github
He immediately closed it, without explanation

No support for this addon?  

He is very friendly. However, by adding an entry to github, you did not follow the rules that CastagnaIT defined. You have been informed about it. Unfortunately, with such a large plugin, if you want to get help, you must act to provide all the information about which the author asks. 

Oh.. i didnt know, people told me to just post an entry

What rules and what info he needs?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Wagg - 2019-08-01

I just updated my Shield to 8.0.0 (Pie) and (of course) the Netflix addon stopped working- this is on a fresh Kodi Leia nightly install.

Before I bother posting a log I wanted to verify with someone else if they have the same problem: Now 4k content will only play at 480p (Atmos works), while everything else won't play. Just gets stuck buffering. 

Probably has something to do with Widevine update in Android TV Pie. 

Amazon inputstream addon still works.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - A600 - 2019-08-01

(2019-08-01, 00:16)Wagg Wrote: I just updated my Shield to 8.0.0 (Pie) and (of course) the Netflix addon stopped working- this is on a fresh Kodi Leia nightly install.

Same problem here.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - b'sketti - 2019-08-01

(2019-07-31, 07:32)Dumyat Wrote: To be clear, when I export an item, it does get scrapped and added to my library, but as I said it seems to be missing the genre, ratings and clearlogo. Even scanning the folder afterwards for new content makes no difference. It looks like the metadata is coming direct from Netflix, but minus the above extras. The only way I found to get that info, is to do a manual refresh of each item after it's been exported and re-scrape it.

Maybe  (I don't know because I don't use this option) you have ticked the 'Enable NFO files export' option under the 'Library' section in the addon settings.  I assume this creates a .nfo file for each exported item (filled with data from Netflix) which is probably scraped by default on that first automatic library update after you export something.  That would also explain why you get what you want after a manual refresh, as that would be scraping TMDb or TheTVDB (or whatever you have set).

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - proxymatt - 2019-08-01

What an awesome add-on; well done! I really really really hate all auto-playing trailers Netflix have on the home screen; this add-on does away with them.  Laugh

Just one question; how do I find the "custom view id" so I can set global views and not have to do it per show?

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - moba77 - 2019-08-01

(2019-08-01, 00:16)Wagg Wrote: I just updated my Shield to 8.0.0 (Pie) and (of course) the Netflix addon stopped working- this is on a fresh Kodi Leia nightly install.

Before I bother posting a log I wanted to verify with someone else if they have the same problem: Now 4k content will only play at 480p (Atmos works), while everything else won't play. Just gets stuck buffering. 

Me too.. buffering but not start play

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Siran - 2019-08-01

Same here. Although I had a problem even on Oreo that most movies would only play in 480p while TV shows would play in 1080p (I don't have a 4K TV and am on the standard plan anyway, so 1080p is max resolution for me). Don't know if it's plugin related or my HDMI 1.3a AVR or HDMI 1.4 TV are to blame.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - chrmat - 2019-08-01

(2019-08-01, 19:52)Siran Wrote:

Same here. Although I had a problem even on Oreo that most movies would only play in 480p while TV shows would play in 1080p (I don't have a 4K TV and am on the standard plan anyway, so 1080p is max resolution for me). Don't know if it's plugin related or my HDMI 1.3a AVR or HDMI 1.4 TV are to blame. 

Same problem here as well. Stopped working when I updated my Shield to 8.0.0. Can get it to play if i manualy select the lowest quality videostream.

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Dumyat - 2019-08-01

(2019-08-01, 04:13)b'sketti Wrote:
(2019-07-31, 07:32)Dumyat Wrote: To be clear, when I export an item, it does get scrapped and added to my library, but as I said it seems to be missing the genre, ratings and clearlogo. Even scanning the folder afterwards for new content makes no difference. It looks like the metadata is coming direct from Netflix, but minus the above extras. The only way I found to get that info, is to do a manual refresh of each item after it's been exported and re-scrape it.

Maybe  (I don't know because I don't use this option) you have ticked the 'Enable NFO files export' option under the 'Library' section in the addon settings.  I assume this creates a .nfo file for each exported item (filled with data from Netflix) which is probably scraped by default on that first automatic library update after you export something.  That would also explain why you get what you want after a manual refresh, as that would be scraping TMDb or TheTVDB (or whatever you have set).  
Hmmm, I'll need to check the settings on my Shield. Mind you, as others have reported, updating to shield 8 appears to have broken something on the addon. Will patiently wait and see if a fix can be found. I was just starting to enjoy watching Netflix in the bedroom as well.....  Smile

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - blackdalek - 2019-08-02

Hi. I am having an issue trying to get the netflix addon to start.

Here is my log file - http://paste.debian.net/1093936/

Running Kodi on Raspbian for Rasperry Pi

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - DoctorBR - 2019-08-02

Just for the record; Netflix add-on still works perfectly fine on my Xiaomi Mi Box 3 (MDZ-16-AB), with Android TV Oreo 8.0 (BUILD 2573) and Kodi v18.3...

Excellent job! Thank you!

Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - GenesisDH - 2019-08-02

It does sound like something might have related to the Widevine and other DRM certificates in the Shield Experience - Pie update:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1158497/shield-tv/help-needed-have-8-0-and-content-protected-steraming-apps-not-working-/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ShieldAndroidTV/comments/ckyppt/streaming_services_not_working_since_update/

RE: Netflix Add-on [input-stream] - Skank - 2019-08-02

(2019-08-02, 00:47)blackdalek Wrote: Hi. I am having an issue trying to get the netflix addon to start.

Here is my log file - http://paste.debian.net/1093936/

Running Kodi on Raspbian for Rasperry Pi
Dont bother
You wont get any reply here..
I'm stuck too