Kodi Community Forum
Best method for scheduling recordings. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: Tvheadend (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=168)
+---- Thread: Best method for scheduling recordings. (/showthread.php?tid=330271)

Best method for scheduling recordings. - elsmandino - 2018-03-28

Hi,

I am still a bit of a newbie, in terms of TVH, and have only recently made the complete switch to it for all my recordings (I used NPVR previously).

I have a few issues, about scheduling recordings, that you guys might be able to help me with.

1. I use Schedules Direct for all my EPG (no OTA grabbers) and so the information is very complete and uniform across all my channels.

Whenever I click on a program, to record it, I often get an option to record the series.  This is not usually problem, but I have noticed an issue with this in that only episodes on that particular channel are recorded.  This is not usually a problem, but it does mean if I click record on an SD version of a channel, it will only record on that channel - HD showings of the channel will be missed, as will later showings on +1 channels.

Am I correct in thinking that when I click on the record series button, this is essentially series link?  If so, am I correct in thinking that series link only works for a single channel - i.e. the CRID for S1E1 of Top Gear, for example, is different on BBC1 as opposed to on BBC1 HD or Dave?

2. Is there any way I can stop certain seasons from being recorded?  I have seen all episodes of Wheeler Dealers, up to season 8.  The episodes are shown fairly randomly and it would be great if I could somehow put a record on for all unrecorded episodes from season 9 onwards.

Thanks

RE: Best method for scheduling recordings. - elsmandino - 2018-04-03

Bit of an update, following some testing of the weekend.

I had noticed that lots of duplicate recordings were being recorded, which led me to conclude that when I am clicking on the record series button, is it setting up an autotimer with the criteria to only record on that particular channel and to record every single episode.

I found way round this, however.  After I set the recording, I went into the list of timers and manually edited it.  I removed the channel and also changed the recording option to only pickup shows, with a different episode number, that had not already been recorded.

My default recording profile has also been set to prefer HD when available, so now, with the above:

HD versions of showing will always be recorded and the option to look at all channels, gives extra flexibility to avoid clashes.

The above only takes a few extra seconds to do, but is there a way that I can have the above set as default for every time I press the record series button?

RE: Best method for scheduling recordings. - DarrenHill - 2018-04-03

If I remember correctly there's some settings for this in the TVH server itself (point a web browser at the device hosting the server using port 9981 to see the server configuration dashboard).

Best method for scheduling recordings. - ksooo - 2018-04-03

(2018-04-03, 16:38)DarrenHill Wrote: If I remember correctly there's some settings for this in the TVH server itself (point a web browser at the device hosting the server using port 9981 to see the server configuration dashboard).

He's talking all the time about the tvh web ui, not Kodi PVR. ;-)

RE: Best method for scheduling recordings. - elsmandino - 2018-04-03

(2018-04-03, 18:44)ksooo Wrote:
(2018-04-03, 16:38)DarrenHill Wrote: If I remember correctly there's some settings for this in the TVH server itself (point a web browser at the device hosting the server using port 9981 to see the server configuration dashboard).

He's talking all the time about the tvh web ui, not Kodi PVR. ;-)  
 Yes - sorry for any confusion.

I only use the web browser for scheduling as I find it easier to use than the PVR addon.

RE: Best method for scheduling recordings. - DarrenHill - 2018-04-03

Fair enough Smile It was the duplicate detection in the kodi client configuration I was thinking of. That covers some of the items you mention, presumably by setting stuff in the web GUI.

Personally I use the TVHClient app on my android tablet, which works very well (and combined with a VPN into my home network can be used from anywhere to set a recording).

RE: Best method for scheduling recordings. - Vispen74 - 2018-04-18

TVH client on your phone will do it! It's the easiest way, and it's great to schedule recordings were ever from.