Kodi Community Forum
Mod Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Mod Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019) (/showthread.php?tid=330749)

RE: Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019) - AchillesPunks - 2024-02-01

(2024-01-30, 15:34)acevideo Wrote:
(2024-01-30, 15:03)AchillesPunks Wrote: I decided to remove all other views

The windows 10 view is the only one I use.
I have a huge library (working on my 2nd 16TB drive), and the windows 10 view is the only view, from any skin I have seen, where you can see many movies listed at once .. from the home screen.
You can see many movies with various views if you go into the library itself and choose one of the many looks, but not from the home screen.

This is a big deal because if you are not in the home screen, but any other view from within the library (any skin), the refresh time is terribly long when you have a huge library.
The refresh view is instant from the home screen. What I mean by the refresh rate is if you play, then stop a movie, it can take up to 5 seconds or more to see the list of movies appear again.
Horrible if you are just browsing (play stop, look for another, play stop etc..) for a movie to watch... This is why I love the Windows 10 version and only use it.
Most all other skins have only the horizontal scrolling view where you can only see 5 or so movies at a time before you have to scroll to the next set.
In windows 10 there is up to 16 or so at a time using the small posters
Have you tried faster external hdds? If everything is setup correctly you shouldn't have to wait for your media to refresh.

RE: Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019) - acevideo - 2024-02-01

(2024-02-01, 12:25)AchillesPunks Wrote: Have you tried faster external hdds?

It dont really matter, otherwise files would load slow from the home screen as well if it were the drives. But yes, all the HDDs are 7200rpm.
Dont matter if they are setup internally (if your tv box allows it), USB 2 or 3, wired ethernet.. even a RAID setup..the same thing will happen.
The only thing I have seen, to somewhat minimize load times, is to break up files into smaller directories. So I have a structure where anything that starts with the letter A is in a directory called A...Then the same thing all the way down to Z..,
Then each mov and its accompanying files are in their own directories
Once you are over 5000 or so movs, then the load times start becoming very noticeable (except for on the home screen.. you can set the amount of widgets to view there to whatever your RAM allows)
One of the main reasons I like Titan skin is you are allowed to change the minimum amount in 'skin helper service widgets' setting.
Although I think if you make a playlist with more than the 'skin helper service widgets' default of 25, the playlist will over ride that.. so a playlist can even show 1000.. if you want (and depending on how much RAM you have.)

RE: Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019) - davorf - 2024-02-01

(2024-02-01, 06:06)Arkady1964 Wrote: Hi  @davorf

My request does not only apply to me, but a large community of the kodiwpigulce.pl Forum is also interested, thousands of them like Kodi and the Titan MOD skin. Many people will be happy to test Titan MOD Omega.

I only have 1 suggestion for the type of site type. That is, it should have free file hosting and no time limits. I think that MediaFire or another one offering similar file hosting capabilities will be the best.

Regards
Hello!

I've uploaded edited skin to MediaFire. Here's the link: skin.titan.mod-20.1.26.zip 

Best regards,
Davor

(2024-02-01, 14:05)davorf Wrote: Hello!

I've uploaded edited skin to MediaFire. Here's the link: skin.titan.mod-20.1.26.zip 

Hi davorf,

How do I install and test this?
Install a kodi 21 fork, and then install it like any other zip file addon (like installing any other addon)?
Thanks

(2024-02-01, 02:01)Fuchs2468 Wrote:
(2024-01-31, 18:35)davorf Wrote: This way I get something similar to HBO Max/Plex interface, which shows unified Continue watching "widget". If anybody needs it, I can share parts of code I've added to skin.helper.widgets package. 

Yes, I'm interested, unfortunately I'm not familiar with the "HBO Max/Plex interface", maybe it's an enrichment for the skin.
Hello!

It basically shows in progress movies and TV shows, plus next episodes of the TV shows you're watching. Here's the screenshot (from the Internet, not mine): 

Now, what I've done is: I've combined In progress movies widget (from movies.py) and Next episodes (from episodes.py). There's no need to add In progress episodes, since Next episodes also shows episodes in progress. 

* Changes to Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.widgets\resources\language\resource.language.en_gb\strings.po: 

on line 375 I've added

Code:
msgctxt "#32089"
msgid "In progress media and next Episodes"
msgstr ""

* Changes to Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.widgets\resources\lib\media.py:

on line 47 I've added

Code:
(self.addon.getLocalizedString(32089), "inprogressmediaandnextepisode&mediatype=media", "DefaultMovies.png"),

on line 249 I've added

Code:

def inprogressmediaandnextepisode(self):
        ''' get in progress media and next episodes '''
        all_items = self.movies.inprogress()

''' get next episodes '''
        filters = [kodi_constants.FILTER_UNWATCHED]
        if self.options["next_inprogress_only"]:
            filters = [kodi_constants.FILTER_INPROGRESS]
        if self.options.get("tag"):
            filters.append({"operator": "contains", "field": "tag", "value": self.options["tag"]})
        if self.options.get("path"):
            filters.append({"operator": "startswith", "field": "path", "value": self.options["path"]})
        # First we get a list of all the inprogress/unwatched TV shows ordered by lastplayed
        all_shows = self.metadatautils.kodidb.tvshows(sort=kodi_constants.SORT_LASTPLAYED, filters=filters,
                                                      limits=(0, self.options["limit"]))
        all_items += self.metadatautils.process_method_on_list(self.get_next_episode_for_show,
                                                         [d['tvshowid'] for d in all_shows])        

return sorted(all_items, key=itemgetter("lastplayed"), reverse=True)[:self.options["limit"]]  

def get_next_episode_for_show(self, show_id):
        '''
        get last played watched episode for show,
        return next unwatched episode after that,
        unless nothing after that, then return first episode
        '''
        filters = []
        fields = ["playcount", "season"]
        next_episode = None
        if not self.options["episodes_enable_specials"]:
            filters.append({"field": "season", "operator": "greaterthan", "value": "0"})

# get the next unwatched episode after the last played episode
        last_played_episode = self.metadatautils.kodidb.episodes(sort=kodi_constants.SORT_LASTPLAYED,
                    filters=filters + [kodi_constants.FILTER_WATCHED], limits=(0, 1), tvshowid=show_id, fields=fields)
        if last_played_episode:
            last_played_episode = last_played_episode[0]
            filter_season = last_played_episode["season"] - 1
            filter_season = [{"field": "season", "operator": "greaterthan", "value": "%s" % filter_season}]
            all_episodes = self.metadatautils.kodidb.episodes(sort=kodi_constants.SORT_EPISODE,
                    filters=filters + filter_season, tvshowid=show_id, fields=fields)
            # find index of last_played_episode in the list all_episodes
            try:
                for index, episode in enumerate(all_episodes):
                    if episode['episodeid'] == last_played_episode['episodeid']:
                        i = 1
                        while True:
                            if int(all_episodes[index + i]['playcount']) < 1:
                                next_episode = all_episodes[index + i]
                                break
                            i += 1
            except IndexError:
                # no unplayed episodes left
                next_episode = None
        # just get the first unwatched episode (e.g. when we simply do not yet have any fully played episodes)
        if not next_episode:
            next_episode = self.metadatautils.kodidb.episodes(
                sort=kodi_constants.SORT_EPISODE, filters=filters + [kodi_constants.FILTER_UNWATCHED],
                limits=(0, 1), tvshowid=show_id, fields=fields)
            next_episode = next_episode[0] if next_episode else None
        # return full details for our episode
        return self.metadatautils.kodidb.episode(next_episode["episodeid"]) if next_episode else None  

After that, just saved edited files and restarted Kodi. Now you can choose "In progress media and next Episodes" from Skin Helper Widgets as a widget content and it will show all In progress media and next episodes in one widget.

Best regards,
Davor

(2024-02-01, 14:16)acevideo Wrote:
(2024-02-01, 14:05)davorf Wrote: Hello!

Hi davorf,

How do I install and test this?
Install a kodi 21 fork, and then install it like any other zip file addon (like installing any other addon)?
Thanks
Hello!

Yes, you install it just like any other add-on. Just a reminder that this isn't Omega compatible skin. I've just changed XMBC.GUI so it could be installed in Omega, but I don't know if there will be some bugs that could emerge. I'm not the author of this skin, just made an Omega installable .zip of the latest Nexus skin version. 

Best regards,
Davor

(2024-02-01, 14:42)davorf Wrote: Yes, you install it just like any other add-on.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot later today.. I hope Smile

RE: Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019) - AchillesPunks - 2024-02-01

(2024-02-01, 13:55)acevideo Wrote:
(2024-02-01, 12:25)AchillesPunks Wrote: Have you tried faster external hdds?

It dont really matter, otherwise files would load slow from the home screen as well if it were the drives. But yes, all the HDDs are 7200rpm.
Dont matter if they are setup internally (if your tv box allows it), USB 2 or 3, wired ethernet.. even a RAID setup..the same thing will happen.
The only thing I have seen, to somewhat minimize load times, is to break up files into smaller directories. So I have a structure where anything that starts with the letter A is in a directory called A...Then the same thing all the way down to Z..,
Then each mov and its accompanying files are in their own directories
Once you are over 5000 or so movs, then the load times start becoming very noticeable (except for on the home screen.. you can set the amount of widgets to view there to whatever your RAM allows)
One of the main reasons I like Titan skin is you are allowed to change the minimum amount in 'skin helper service widgets' setting.
Although I think if you make a playlist with more than the 'skin helper service widgets' default of 25, the playlist will over ride that.. so a playlist can even show 1000.. if you want (and depending on how much RAM you have.)
Well, I can tell you there is no lag time when browsing any media. I have over 100 terabytes full of movies. I have videos posted on YouTube showing if done correctly it's instant. Around 17 thousand movies. Not sure how you have done it. What program do you have naming your media and what artwork are you pulling.

Poster, fanart, cd artwork, clearlogo, logo, banner, clearart, thumb, landscape, animatedposter and animatedfanart.

(2024-02-01, 14:42)davorf Wrote: so it could be installed in Omega

Hi davorf,
I am getting a dependency error 'skin script helper service 1.20.1' on install
(installing via addons>install from zip file)

(2024-02-01, 15:01)AchillesPunks Wrote: I have videos posted on YouTube showing if done correctly it's instant.

What is the name of the video, I will check it out.
I scrape the movs with TMM, then have kodi scrape using local only.

(2024-02-01, 15:26)acevideo Wrote:
(2024-02-01, 14:42)davorf Wrote: so it could be installed in Omega

Hi davorf,
I am getting a dependency error 'skin script helper service 1.20.1' on install
(installing via addons>install from zip file)
Hello!

I haven't had that problem when installing Titan MOD, probably because I had Titan Bingie MOD installed, which comes with compatible skin helper service. You can try downloading and installing it separately from Titan Bingie MOD repository: 

https://github.com/AchillesPunks/repository.titan.bingie.mod/blob/matrix/script.skin.helper.service/script.skin.helper.service-1.30.0.zip

Best regards,
Davor

(2024-02-01, 15:38)davorf Wrote: I had Titan Bingie MOD installed

Thanks, but still no luck, getting an error trying to install that as well.
Was kodi 21 updated from an older version (with Bingie already on it) or did you install kodi 21 clean, then install some version of Bingie?
Thanks again

RE: Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019) - csts - 2024-02-01

(2024-01-30, 18:16)Arkady1964 Wrote: @Fuchs2468  you wrote that you are still working on the Omega version, I asked you for a test version of Titan MOD Omega in the form of a ZIP file. I know that Kodi v21 Beta 2 is not suitable for skin installation because it uses ABI 5.15.0 (xbmc.gui).

Therefore, I am asking for a test version of Omega ABI 5.17.0 that will work on Nightlies Kodi. I can't do it myself because I don't have the knowledge necessary to enter the code from the addon.xml file into the skin:
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.17.0"/>

Of course, the Titan MOD Omega test version will not work perfectly, but the point is to test Titan MOD on Nightlies Kodi v21.

Regards
5.17.0 (on a Nexus Titan M O D) works fine on me on Kodi Omega beta 2 -on Arch Linux, kodi-git.

(2024-02-01, 15:54)acevideo Wrote: I had Titan Bingie MOD installed

OK, I got it installed, I installed bingie first... so far so good Smile

RE: Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019) - Arkady1964 - 2024-02-01

Hello!

@csts, thanks for the info.   Smile

@acevideo, there is also a simple method to install dependencies. You need to download all the required dependencies from the Internet by specifying the name of the required dependency, then install it from the zip file on Kodi. We download the required dependency in the form of a zip file from Github or IWF1 (iwf1.com) or from another website where the required dependency is available for download.

Regards