Kodi Community Forum
Mod Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Mod Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019) (/showthread.php?tid=330749)

RE: Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019) - acevideo - 2024-02-17

(2024-02-17, 05:22)Arkady1964 Wrote: I installed the Titan MOD test skin on Android TV, on Kodi 21 Omega Beta 3, in my opinion it works without any major problems.

Hi, did you install clean or update it from an older beta 2 build?
The reason I ask is I updated and have issues with bookmarks.

-Add a bookmark to a movie
-stop and restart the movie
The result is no movie icon/s and information is displayed on the OSC anymore.

thanks

Hi Fuchs2468, 

Is it possible to get, when the skin is first installed, a default home screen link with 'ActivateWindow(videoplaylist)' already setup for the queue items?
Maybe also with that a widget for it so items within the queue get populated on the home screen as its used?
(I tried setting up a home screen widget for it but couldn't figure it out)

thanks

RE: Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019) - Arkady1964 - 2024-02-17

Hi!  @acevideo

I installed a clean (new) version of Kodi 21 Omega Beta, for my needs Kodi 21 Omega Beta 3 works well enough... It remains on my Android TV until the RC version is released, then there will be the final stable version of Kodi 21 Omega.

Perhaps some nightly versions of Kodi may perform better than Kodi 21 Omega Beta 3, but some versions may be quite buggy. If the Titan MOD test skin for Kodi 21 Omega Beta 3 is not working well for you, you can test it on Kodi night builds, maybe you will find one that will satisfy you.

I would like to point out that Kodi 21 Omega Beta 3 is still a test version, but without any major errors. When someone needs a stable version, they should use Kodi 20 from the Nexus line until the final stable version of Kodi 21 is released.

Regards

Hi Fuchs2468, 

I am trying to add more items on the home screen left panel (windows 10 look) without the items starting to scroll (I think 7 is the maximum before the items start scrolling) 
Disabling or removing the Power items at the bottom of the side panel still does not allow more than 7 items even though it looks like there is plenty of room.
Is there a setting I am missing so that I can use more of that side panel's free space?
It's been a while, I forget if there was a setting for this on an older version or it was a different skin (maybe Vanilla) where the power items were not listed and more of the panel could be used for items.

Or..What I really like,

Is in the "Simple confluence-style homescreen vertical (tile)" look there is a setting for the 'hight of menu tiles in the mainmenu' 
Can this setting's option also be applied to the Windows 10 look's side mainmenu panel? 

thanks again

(2024-02-17, 15:01)Arkady1964 Wrote: If the Titan MOD test skin for Kodi 21 Omega Beta 3 is not working well for you,

Hi Arkady1964,

No, the kodi build and skin are working quite well for me. 
The only issue I have seen so far is the bookmarks that I mentioned.
But for now (my setup is on the zidoo Z20 pro), I have updated to Beta 3 from a previous night build (Feb 10th I think was the latest one I had on it before beta 3 came out).

So, if you installed Bet 3 as a clean install, I was just curious if you also seen the bookmarks issue.

This is a kodi issue and not Titan. I seen something about the bookmark issue on one of the bug forums but I cant find it now... so I think they are aware of it.
I am just not sure if the issue happens with a kodi build update only, or if it is also present in a clean install.

Thanks

RE: Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019) - Arkady1964 - 2024-02-17

Hi!

Yes, I noticed it too, but I can live with it, it's not a big problem for me... Video add-ons work, and that's the most important thing for me.

@acevideo   Wait, maybe one of the late night Kodi builds will fix it or RC it, and if not, everything will work in the final stable version of Kodi 21.

Regards

RE: Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019) - Fuchs2468 - 2024-02-18

(2024-02-17, 14:38)acevideo Wrote: Hi Fuchs2468, 

Is it possible to get, when the skin is first installed, a default home screen link with 'ActivateWindow(videoplaylist)' already setup for the queue items?
Maybe also with that a widget for it so items within the queue get populated on the home screen as its used?
(I tried setting up a home screen widget for it but couldn't figure it out)

thanks

You cannot set up “ActivateWindow(videoplaylist)” as a widget.
You can set it up as a menu or submenu entry.
You can set it up yourself using the "shortcut settings".
It shouldn't take 2 minutes. I just tested it.

ImageImage

RE: Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019) - Fuchs2468 - 2024-02-18

(2024-02-17, 15:15)acevideo Wrote: I am trying to add more items on the home screen left panel (windows 10 look) without the items starting to scroll (I think 7 is the maximum before the items start scrolling) 

It is not possible to add more entries without a lot of effort.
This menu is not only used by the win10 view.
A change would also have an influence on other views.

RE: Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019) - Arkady1964 - 2024-02-20

Hello!  @Fuchs2468

My impressions of using the Titan MOD skin on Android TV, after a few days of using Kodi 21 Beta 3 Omega. The skin works very well, everything reacts quickly and stably. All videos and information are displayed without any major delays or problems. I didn't notice that the Titan MOD skin performed worse on Kodi 21 Beta 3 Omega than on Kodi 20.4 Nexus.   Smile

I would like to emphasize that this is only a general impression, without going deeper into the functions.

Regards

RE: Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019) - acevideo - 2024-02-20

Question about widget refreshing...

example...
I have created 2 playlists.
One of them lists all movies that start with the letter A, the other playlist lists all movies that start with the letter B
On the homescreen I created 2 different links, each link has one widget.
One of the links and widgets is for playlist A, and the other link and widget lists playlist B

If I select and play a movie from playlist A, then stop it to return to the homescreen, how come playlist B also has to refresh?
Is this just how kodi works, a setting within Titan, or how I have everything setup?
I would expect A to refresh (if just to show the triangle tag of the % played of the movie), but I would not expect that B has to refresh as well.

Having the widgets 'autorefresh' in the setup area seems to have no effect if it is on or off.

Under the same settings as above, except put the A and B playlists under the same homescreen link (so now there are 2 widgets under one link) they will also both need to refresh.

RE: Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019) - Fuchs2468 - 2024-02-21

(2024-02-20, 20:27)acevideo Wrote: Question about widget refreshing...

This is the standard behavior of "script.skinshortcuts" and "script.skin.helper.widgets"
When media playback ends, the widgets are updated.

Here you have a description for "script.skin.helper.widgets".
The behavior of "script.skinshortcuts" is almost the same.

https://github.com/kodi-community-addons/script.skin.helper.widgets?tab=readme-ov-file#widget-reload-properties

RE: Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019) - acevideo - 2024-02-21

(2024-02-21, 00:34)Fuchs2468 Wrote: This is the standard behavior

Hi Fuchs2468, thanks for the info. Out of curiosity, I'll take a closer look at how I have things setup. 
I think everything I have on the homescreen are playlists I have created.
The amount of widgets in combination with the 'sort order' function at the end of the playlists setup, might be what is taking a lot of time in my case. 
I usually have the 'sort order' set to 'last played'. Selecting something more stationary (sort 'date added or title' for example) is probably less work for the refresh to perform.

In Skin Helper Service Widgets, I also have Aggressive Refresh of Widgets enabled.

RE: Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019) - AchillesPunks - 2024-02-22

(2024-02-21, 14:29)acevideo Wrote:
(2024-02-21, 00:34)Fuchs2468 Wrote: This is the standard behavior

Hi Fuchs2468, thanks for the info. Out of curiosity, I'll take a closer look at how I have things setup. 
I think everything I have on the homescreen are playlists I have created.
The amount of widgets in combination with the 'sort order' function at the end of the playlists setup, might be what is taking a lot of time in my case. 
I usually have the 'sort order' set to 'last played'. Selecting something more stationary (sort 'date added or title' for example) is probably less work for the refresh to perform.

In Skin Helper Service Widgets, I also have Aggressive Refresh of Widgets enabled.
One more thing to check is inside the playlist.xml itself. Check and make sure the playlist you are selecting are not set as random INSIDE the XML and NOT the SKIN.

RE: Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019) - acevideo - 2024-02-22

(2024-02-22, 12:29)AchillesPunks Wrote: Check and make sure the playlist you are selecting are not set as random INSIDE the XML and NOT the SKIN.

Sorry I am not sure what you mean...

I do have one link and widget for Random. It will grab 50 movies at random from the library.
This is also a smart playlist with one rule to find movies after the year 2000, then the sort order is set to random.
'Sort order' inside of the smart playlist is the only place I know of where to sort as random.
I have looked around for other addons specifically for a 'random' setting, but so far no luck.

When adding the smart playlist to the homescreen as a widget, it looks like I have 2 choices.
There is one located inside the 'Video Library > Playlist > then select the playlist itself
There is also one at the root 'Playlist > then select the playlist itself.
If this is what you are referring to, I dont know what one is from the skin and what one is not.

On a side note to this, I just noticed there is not a playlist option under 'Skin Helper Service Widgets'.
There is a 'Similar to playlist'. This lists the playlists I made however they never seem to load on the homescreen if I choose this option.
Also, seeing I am not using any Skin Helper Service Widgets, I doubt the 'Aggressive Refresh of Widgets' setting inside of Skin Helper Service Widgets, is doing anything for me.

RE: Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019) - VikramSandhu - 2024-02-23

Hi Fuchs2468,

I had been away from the forum for almost a year. Can you please point me in the direction of the latest files/repos for Titan MOD?

Thanks.