Kodi Community Forum
From start to (Almost) finished. My Dolby Atmos/DTS-X cinema room upgrade! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware Showcase (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=202)
+--- Thread: From start to (Almost) finished. My Dolby Atmos/DTS-X cinema room upgrade! (/showthread.php?tid=331826)

From start to (Almost) finished. My Dolby Atmos/DTS-X cinema room upgrade! - MrBfJohn - 2018-05-12

All images of the build

Quite a few pictures of the various stages in the full album. Being a sparky, I was able to do almost everything myself. I just left the plastering, plumbing, and carpet fitting to others.
I'm really pleased with how it's turned out so far. Still a few finishing touches to do, but it's mostly there.
Hope you enjoy the pictures.
John  Smile

From Start (14th September 2017)

To almost finished

RE: From start to (Almost) finished. My Dolby Atmos/DTS-X cinema room upgrade! - guardianin - 2018-05-17

That is FREAKING AWESOME!!  Shocked Love

RE: From start to (Almost) finished. My Dolby Atmos/DTS-X cinema room upgrade! - Klojum - 2018-05-17

So... When will the new house-warming party be? Cool

RE: From start to (Almost) finished. My Dolby Atmos/DTS-X cinema room upgrade! - MrBfJohn - 2018-05-17

Cheers  Smile
This weekend, I'll get the beers in  Rofl

RE: From start to (Almost) finished. My Dolby Atmos/DTS-X cinema room upgrade! - Burnzie - 2018-05-17

That looks great. what projector are you using? Im starting to shop around

RE: From start to (Almost) finished. My Dolby Atmos/DTS-X cinema room upgrade! - MrBfJohn - 2018-05-18

I have the Sony HW55ES. It's no longer available, but the lower spec HW45ES seems to be easily obtained. There's also the very similar HW65ES if you can find it.
The main differences seem to be that the HW45ES has no automatic iris to reduce light output.
The HW55ES has an automatic iris, but uses IR trigger for 3D glasses.
The HW65ES has an automatic iris and uses RF trigger for 3D glasses. It also has a slightly longer lamp life, and higher price.

RE: From start to (Almost) finished. My Dolby Atmos/DTS-X cinema room upgrade! - SeVreN2013 - 2018-05-19

Very Nice !

Personally, i would have stuck with Red Carpet as seen your 1st photo ... here's a mockup Smile

RE: From start to (Almost) finished. My Dolby Atmos/DTS-X cinema room upgrade! - MrBfJohn - 2018-06-14

Greys are the IN thing at the moment in the UK. That red carpet was from the late 90's I think. I'm sure red will have it's day again. I'll save that picture to remind me when it's time comes!  Smile

RE: From start to (Almost) finished. My Dolby Atmos/DTS-X cinema room upgrade! - docwra - 2018-06-18

Definitly the grey! haha.

Love the lighting as well.

Hows the projector noise above your head though?

RE: From start to (Almost) finished. My Dolby Atmos/DTS-X cinema room upgrade! - MrBfJohn - 2018-06-19

That projector is really quiet if you keep the filter clean. I have the lamp on low setting so the fan stays on low too. You can hear it during REALLY quiet bits of films, but you don't notice it if you aren't listening for it.