Kodi Community Forum
4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations. - Printable Version

Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
--- Thread: 4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations. (/showthread.php?tid=332180)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: 4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations. - noggin - 2021-06-12

(2021-06-12, 16:05)Roby77 Wrote: I own a Intel Nuc (Braswell) with Kodi Matrix on Libreelec but Problem is : No prime video 2k/4k and i use connected to my nas with my 2k rip (and maybe in the future 4k rip)

I own a Firestick 4k but problem : No corrected refresh rate when connected to avr

Amazon replied thas is not a device designed to be connected to avr (LoL)

So now i want to buy a unique device for kodi and for Prime / Netflix  Disney etc 4k

What can you suggest ? 

Waf friendly Wink

Are you in a 60Hz territory (North America, Japan, Korea etc.) or 50Hz territory (Europe, Australia, NZ etc.)?

You may be better splitting your Prime/Netflix/Disney requirements away from Kodi - as some of the best Kodi platforms don't support DRM well, and some of the best DRM platforms for Prime/Netflix/Disney are a bit of a compromise for Kodi.

RE: 4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations. - Roby77 - 2021-06-12

I have 50hz Europe Italy

Firestick set to adjust framerate before playback

Works 1/2 times or stop to work After Power off/on TV

Amazon after several months of logs and blah blah said that is not designed to be connected to avr

So i was searching for a stand alone box like mi box s that has widevine l1 and something performant for kodi

Or Maybe a box with dual boot os

Thank you

RE: 4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations. - ozkhan1 - 2021-06-13

(2021-06-12, 20:20)Roby77 Wrote: I have 50hz Europe Italy

Firestick set to adjust framerate before playback

Works 1/2 times or stop to work After Power off/on TV

Amazon after several months of logs and blah blah said that is not designed to be connected to avr

So i was searching for a stand alone box like mi box s that has widevine l1 and something performant for kodi

Or Maybe a box with dual boot os

Thank you

I have ugoos AM6 pro with dual boot. While the CoreElec side is easily updated, getting the firmware for android side is a pain. Also, it’s not Google certified so no ultrahd stuff.

I am with Noggin: you can have a combination of appletv or fire devices with CE and that covers pretty much all the bases. Nvidia shield is pretty good as well for an all round box.

RE: 4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations. - Roby77 - 2021-06-13

So you suggest nvidia shield as first option ?

Any other hint ?

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.