Kodi Community Forum
Solved Problem configuring TV Shows source after install V17.6 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Mac OS X (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Thread: Solved Problem configuring TV Shows source after install V17.6 (/showthread.php?tid=332814)

Problem configuring TV Shows source after install V17.6 - PatriciaW - 2018-06-14

I upgraded to V17.6 today but I am unable to get the sources set up correctly. When I am in main menu and select Movies or TV Shows I get the message that Library is empty. If I select Enter files section it lists the movies in the Movies folder. But I still get the message that the Library is empty. In addition, if I select TV Shows it takes me to the list of Movies.

I have added both folders as Source folders but it appears that the main menu isn't using them. How can I fix this?

RE: Problem configuring TV Shows source after install V17.6 - Karellen - 2018-06-14

Best place to start is by following the guide to set up the library... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library

RE: Problem configuring TV Shows source after install V17.6 - PatriciaW - 2018-06-14

I have tried to follow this guide. I did manage to find the spot where I could set the content type and have 2 folders now: TV Shows and Movies that are correctly defined. However I still get the empty library message for both items in the Main Menu.

RE: Problem configuring TV Shows source after install V17.6 - Karellen - 2018-06-14

@PatriciaW

As much as I want to assist you, the information you provided is too vague, which means there are dozens of issues that could be causing the problem, and I don't intend to go through each possible issue with you blindly, hoping to hit the right one.

The guide has been tested, and tested and used by thousands of people. I can only suggest you follow it step by step. But the areas I would concentrate on are Naming Video Files, and Add Source and Scrape.

If you follow the guide and get stuck at a certain point, then explain what point you are at and what you have done and I am happy to guide you through it.

If you post a screenshot of your tv show folder so we can see the way you named the tv shows and the episodes inside one of your tv shows, I am happy to comment on it.

If the image is on your computer, then use button 19. If the image has already been uploaded to a public image hosting site, then use button 14

RE: Problem configuring TV Shows source after install V17.6 - PatriciaW - 2018-06-14

I appreciate that my information is a bit vague, but I am sure that my TV and Movie files are named correctly because I got into this mess after I upgraded Kodi 17.3 to 17.6. (which I only did because I suddenly was unable to see the video when I played a TV show.) I will try to see if there is anything I missed.

Sure.

A Debug Log might be helpful. But if libraries and scrapers are not set up correctly, it won't reveal much, except a general lack of information which will simply mean incorrect setup leading us back to my original comments.

1. Enable Debugging mode. Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging and it should be the first option
  2. Restart Kodi
  3. Replicate the problem. Run an Update Library.
  4. Upload the results to https://paste.ubuntu.com/ manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. With either method post the link back here.
Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs

RE: Problem configuring TV Shows source after install V17.6 - PatriciaW - 2018-06-15

I have uploaded the log to @Karellen- Log link removed

It is very jerky because I run Kodi through Screen Sharing and it is difficult to control the cursor.

RE: Problem configuring TV Shows source after install V17.6 - Karellen - 2018-06-15

For your safety I have removed your link to the log as your log contains personally identifiable information.

Looking at the log, I see the following...

xml:
20:35:39.444 T:4729831424 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScanStarted from xbmc
20:35:39.444 T:4732686336 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00
20:35:39.444 T:4729831424 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 16, from xbmc, message OnScanStarted
20:35:39.446 T:4729831424 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScanFinished from xbmc
20:35:39.446 T:4729831424 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 16, from xbmc, message OnScanFinished

You can see the scanner starts then stops a couple milliseconds later as there is nothing to scan. Your libraries have not been set up yet. So we are back to my original comments.

If you upgraded, then your existing libraries should have remained intact. Did you remove the previous install and start fresh?

Did you by any chance Export your library to Separate Files before installing the new version? (click Import-export in My Signature below)

If you can post that screenshot I asked for, I can get a better picture.

RE: Problem configuring TV Shows source after install V17.6 - PatriciaW - 2018-06-15

I did not upgrade the libraries because I was frustrated with the missing video bug and worried that the problem might be in the existing configuration. Nor did I export the library. 

I didn't post the screenshot since (as I said) I know that my files are named properly so there seemed to be no point. Also I can see all of the files if I use the Videos link. Both the TV Shows and Video files are visible and I can play them. It is just that I can't get directly to them from the main menu.

RE: Problem configuring TV Shows source after install V17.6 - Karellen - 2018-06-15

(2018-06-15, 15:57)PatriciaW Wrote: (as I said) I know that my files are named properly so there seemed to be no point.
Ok. There is nothing else I can help you with. Follow the guide and you will get it sorted out.

Good luck Smile

Thanks for the help.

RE: Problem configuring TV Shows source after install V17.6 - PatriciaW - 2018-06-16

I eventually got it working. I emptied the library and added the TV Shows and Movies folders back again. This time it went smoothly. I think what went wrong before was that I did not specify the content types when I created the sources.

Problem configuring TV Shows source after install V17.6 - Karellen - 2018-06-16

Thread marked solved.