Kodi Community Forum
kodi scrapers & local trailer renaming - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: TinyMediaManager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=204)
+---- Thread: kodi scrapers & local trailer renaming (/showthread.php?tid=332961)

kodi scrapers & local trailer renaming - cartman.dos - 2018-06-19

Hi, thanks for this tool, it really helps managing and further automating my libraries.

I could not find a way to choose the rename pattern for trailers that tmm downloads.
Kodi and plex (and in plex it is actually the proper naming) can scan the trailer when it's named "movie-trailer".
Currently though, tmm renames them as moviename-trailer. which works for kodi, but if I change the movie (say from dvd to bluray) it'll have different naming, tmm looks at it as there is a local trailer but because of the naming diff between movie file and trailer it'll not show in kodi.
I know I can rename the movie file itself but i rather not due to better subtitle sync with original naming.

On that subject, is it possible to set a preference order for auto downloading trailers? quality and\or source? I occasionally need to manually choose trailer (from within tmm) since it fails for some unknown reason or downloads a blank file.
Could there be an option in the future for tv shows trailers?

Second, i registered as a donator but when I put kodi scraper (universal) to scrape movies, it fails and won't find any results when searching (for any movie).

Thanks for the good work!

RE: kodi scrapers & local trailer renaming - myron - 2018-06-26

You're right - it seems, Kodi knows this tailer naming as well! (never heard of it)
Have to check, how we could integrate this... might be also only in V3

Automatic download might happen only in V3... not time for that atm...

Well, Kodi scrapers are always a bit tricky.
Some tend to work flawlessly, others not.
Does it work inside Kodi correctly?

RE: kodi scrapers & local trailer renaming - cartman.dos - 2018-06-26

(2018-06-26, 22:43)myron Wrote: You're right - it seems, Kodi knows this tailer naming as well! (never heard of it)

I guess just adding a rename patten to choose moviename"-trailer" (var) or just "movie-trailer" (const) just like it is for NFOs?
I actually thought of just writing a batch script to do this but tmm doesn't allow custom scripts and i wouldn't want to add cron job running just for that purpose...

didn't get you on the auto download only v3?

kodi scraper works just fine for me, but not on tmm. I don't care so much for the kodi scraper itself, it'll just be a nice addition to not run an exclusive scraper.
So for ex. I could scrape with tmdb but still get rotten and metacritic ratings with omdb.
And/or choosing which data comes from which scraper (with fallbacks), this is the relative advantage of the uni. scraper...

RE: kodi scrapers & local trailer renaming - judocama - 2019-05-18

(2018-06-26, 23:25)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2018-06-26, 22:43)myron Wrote: You're right - it seems, Kodi knows this tailer naming as well! (never heard of it)

I guess just adding a rename patten to choose moviename"-trailer" (var) or just "movie-trailer" (const) just like it is for NFOs?
I actually thought of just writing a batch script to do this but tmm doesn't allow custom scripts and i wouldn't want to add cron job running just for that purpose...

didn't get you on the auto download only v3?

kodi scraper works just fine for me, but not on tmm. I don't care so much for the kodi scraper itself, it'll just be a nice addition to not run an exclusive scraper.
So for ex. I could scrape with tmdb but still get rotten and metacritic ratings with omdb.
And/or choosing which data comes from which scraper (with fallbacks), this is the relative advantage of the uni. scraper... 
Sorry, when you say movie-trailer.ext es the title of the movie or simply the word movie?
I would like it to be the title of the movie but, not the name it generates is movie-trailer

Is a bug?