Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] GPU assisted video decoding in XBMC for Windows via a custom DXVA renderer? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS] GPU assisted video decoding in XBMC for Windows via a custom DXVA renderer? (/showthread.php?tid=33323)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

- ajp8164 - 2009-05-29

I'd be willing to donate to BrokenCodes to help provide any additional motivation (or to pay off the wife/girl friend etc) while coding finishes! Do you take PayPal? Wink
Also, I'd be glad to be an alpha/beta tester!
Awesome news!!

- althekiller - 2009-05-29

ajp8164 Wrote:Do you take PayPal? Wink
Team XBMC does!

- topfs2 - 2009-05-29

Ok, since noone is asking this in the thread yet.

Any screenies as proof?

- rwparris2 - 2009-05-29

Are you braindeadphi from IRC?

Release the code for your patches please, we have developers who have already expressed interest in a webbrowser API, so if you release what you've started you will almost certainly get help. As long as you're not just trolling.

BrokenCodes Wrote:?? LOL ?? I'm not joking guys...

Anywayz I'm glad to hear that u r not joking LOL.

- ashlar - 2009-05-29

If this was a joke it was a really bad one... Angry

- HexusOdy - 2009-05-29

From what I've read he seems to know far too much about what he is doing to be trolling. From what he has said it sounds very legit.

- Gamester17 - 2009-05-29

Public patches would be REALLY welcomed, even if unfinished or just started, as then others can help out? ...I am sure that if for nothing else, Team-XBMC developers always want to be able to give input in regards to code structure guidelines and maybe be able to help out with abstraction and refactoring of existing code if needed to make it easier to make it fit.

Nod

- Nick8888 - 2009-05-29

Reminds me of the nzb automation thread a few years back. I hope this bears some fruit.

- watzen - 2009-05-29

BrokenCodes Wrote:?? LOL ?? I'm not joking guys...

I believe you, and appreciate the work you're doing. Hope you nail those issues you have! Big Grin

- Geeba - 2009-05-29

I must admit I have a bit of a grin on with the thought of this coming to windows!

Top work fella! Big Grin

- CrashX - 2009-05-29

Topfs2 Wrote:Ok, since noone is asking this in the thread yet.

Any screenies as proof?

Why do you need proof afterall this is open source project ... People contribute to XBMC because they **want** to but not because they are **forced** to ...

- topfs2 - 2009-05-29

CrashX Wrote:Why do you need proof afterall this is open source project ... People contribute to XBMC because they **want** to but not because they are **forced** to ...

No I don't care personally as I run linux. Well ofc. I care of XBMC Development in general though Smile
But coming and saying that you have added DXVA it would just be fun to see the progress. The proof wording is just that I generally doesn't believe everything I hear.

Also I know people contribute because they want to, I do it for free because I want to.

Just knowing there are other people trying to create the same things as him it would be nice to get "proof" that it's just not a trolling atempt, note that I'm not biased against believing it is. Just believe it's a fair question. To be perfectly frank I didn't believe motd2k had succeeded with VDPAU until people tried the patches Smile

Again, I never ever meant to sound bad and didn't mean any form of disrespect with it. IMHO the question was fare, he have gotten half the XBMC for windows community riled up and if he have done it a 5s screenie and post imagebin wouldn't be to much to ask, patches would ofc be a zillion times better and much more fun to see.

I hope I have explained myself to your liking.

Cheers,
Tobias

- CrashX - 2009-05-29

I was just curious that is all ... No harm done ..LaughLaugh

Ps, those 5s screenie could be created in photoshop as well ...Big Grin

- motd2k - 2009-05-30

At the sake of sounding like a bit of a prick. Bollocks.

- topfs2 - 2009-05-30

motd2k Wrote:At the sake of sounding like a bit of a prick. Bollocks.

Yeah, I second your motion.

Especially reading this:
BrokenCodes Wrote:You can set page overlays EASILY, with VMR9, and make the foreground a transparent OpenGL surface, but in order to get the best hardware display acceleration and codec HW support, EVR is what we need. Unfortunately, there is no layer support for EVR, and it would destroy Windows XP support.

AFAIK there is no way to get the data from the Direct3D surface (if VMR9 with EVR even produce it and not just present it directly on given D3D context). Especially not in Vista and beyond since this is DRM infridgemeant as if we can convert it into OpenGL Texture we could just as easily dump the data down to disk.

There is only one application that can do that in vista, and it have been given special rights to do this verified by a microsoft employe over at MSDN, which is the win key + tabb thing.

Just try screenshot, with any app not just printscreen a VMR9 enabled player in vista and it should fail.

Might be me missing how he have done it though, but afaik this way just isn't possible. (Would love to be proven wrong ofc.)