Kodi Community Forum
Solved Unable to access External Hard disk after Oreo update via OTA in MIBox Tv - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Solved Unable to access External Hard disk after Oreo update via OTA in MIBox Tv (/showthread.php?tid=333234)

Pages: 1 2 3

Unable to access External Hard disk after Oreo update via OTA in MIBox Tv - yash.sagar - 2018-06-27

Hi

I'm absolutely disappointed with this update. The Kodi app isn't reading my external hard drive 2TB NTFS format. whenever i select movies ->my hard drive. the error showing "Remote share - Path not found or invalid
Earlier in marshmallow, it was working fine. Please forward this message to Kodi developers to fix this bug and bring a new update or guide me to solve this issue.

RE: Unable to access External Hard disk after Oreo update via OTA in MIBox Tv - LandEi - 2018-06-27

Same here
Xiaomi Mi Box with 5GB USB harddisk

RE: Unable to access External Hard disk after Oreo update via OTA in MIBox Tv - Klojum - 2018-06-27

(2018-06-27, 20:22)yash.sagar Wrote: Please forward this message to Kodi developers to fix this bug and bring a new update
Sorry, but this "demand" can only be countered with a resounding 'hahahaha'.
Or wait... Why don't you forward your (post) address to us, so we can send a courier? Smile

Here is a tip: Try a more comprehensible tone of voice in your next questions, as right now your demand will not sit well with our developer team. In case you didn't know: they all are volunteers, and working -for free- in their own free time.

ON TOPIC:
If your external hardddisk has no disklabel, it's quite possible that Android constructs its own disk names. If Kodi was using an old diskname, and Oreo now uses a new/different diskname, it is quite possible that Kodi is totallly confused. You will likely have to rescrape your entire media collection in a new Kodi video/music database.

RE: Unable to access External Hard disk after Oreo update via OTA in MIBox Tv - LandEi - 2018-06-27

You are right with your hint. The tone makes the music.
On topic. I was using a disklabel but after the update Kodi cannot access the USB disc anymore.

RE: Unable to access External Hard disk after Oreo update via OTA in MIBox Tv - Klojum - 2018-06-27

(2018-06-27, 22:36)LandEi Wrote: I was using a disklabel but after the update Kodi cannot access the USB disc anymore.
I can't imagine that Android will not mount the NTFS drive in Oreo. There is also a chance that (somehow) Oreo is more strict on finding disk errors, and as Linux is already pretty protective by not mounting drives with the slightest of disk errors, things may have changed in that department.

The error showing "Remote share - Path not found or invalid" indicates that something has changed, perhaps you first need to find out what the current mount location is of your NTFS drive in Android. Kodi will be using the Android system for its system mounts.

RE: Unable to access External Hard disk after Oreo update via OTA in MIBox Tv - meelo - 2018-06-27

(2018-06-27, 21:16)Klojum Wrote:
(2018-06-27, 20:22)yash.sagar Wrote: Please forward this message to Kodi developers to fix this bug and bring a new update
Sorry, but this "demand" can only be countered with a resounding 'hahahaha'.
Or wait... Why don't you forward your (post) address to us, so we can send a courier? Smile

Here is a tip: Try a more comprehensible tone of voice in your next questions, as right now your demand will not sit well with our developer team. In case you didn't know: they all are volunteers, and working -for free- in their own free time.

ON TOPIC:
If your external hardddisk has no disklabel, it's quite possible that Android constructs its own disk names. If Kodi was using an old diskname, and Oreo now uses a new/different diskname, it is quite possible that Kodi is totallly confused. You will likely have to rescrape your entire media collection in a new Kodi video/music database.

I have the same problem. It seems kodi after oreo update can only read fat32.. it can detect the ntfs even show the disklabel correctly but everytime i select the drive it will say "path not found"
I already tried format the drive to fat32 and it can read it perfectly.. but the problem with fat32 the external storage can't exceed 732 GB (mine). So yeah we should wait for the expert if they would fix the problem or not.. imho kodi is free and i am happy for that so we should show some respect to the expert team behind it before whining and asks for some update fix.. for now i will try to create partitions with my harddisk using fat32 and see how it goes.. peace

RE: Unable to access External Hard disk after Oreo update via OTA in MIBox Tv - gnuarf - 2018-06-28

Same problem here...was working great before the oreo update on the mi box 3...the box can "see" the drive and access it with other programs, only kodi is "confused??" since it reads the disk label correctly but the  "Remote share - Path not found or invalid" error appears.
Any suggestions other than get the drive on FAT32 :S

RE: Unable to access External Hard disk after Oreo update via OTA in MIBox Tv - Brenden - 2018-06-28

Hi....I would be greatly appreciated if the external hard drive Kodi problem could be resolved. I'm experiencing very much the same problem as above....When the MI Box was on Andriod TV 6.0, my Western Digital 3 TB external was working fine, but after the Andriod update that was pushed to the device, the drive can no longer be read and gives that "Path not found or Invalid" message as stipulated above.

Many Thanks,
Brenden

RE: Unable to access External Hard disk after Oreo update via OTA in MIBox Tv - Brenden - 2018-06-28

The drive is formatted with NTFS. Tried a thumb drive formatted with both exFat and NTFS. Both did not read. But when I reformatted it with Fat32, it was picking up just fine....Hope that is enough to go on....

RE: Unable to access External Hard disk after Oreo update via OTA in MIBox Tv - LandEi - 2018-06-28

Meanwhile VLC Player is working well on MI Box with the HD problem but no real substitution to KODI.

Agreed....VLC is mearly a media player, while KODI is a media server and far more rich in terms of functionality....cont compare...

RE: Unable to access External Hard disk after Oreo update via OTA in MIBox Tv - gnuarf - 2018-06-29

Update: Finding the same issue after intalling Kodi alpha version.

RE: Unable to access External Hard disk after Oreo update via OTA in MIBox Tv - Klojum - 2018-06-29

Anyone with an Nvidia Shield running Android Oreo and Kodi Leia already with these external HDD problems?

RE: Unable to access External Hard disk after Oreo update via OTA in MIBox Tv - pkowalsk - 2018-07-01

I think it's related to the same problem. Downloading subtitles in Kodi error message Can not download subtitle. 
Before update was OK in my opinion its related to the same problem with problem accessing shared folders. 

Can Kodi on Android TV save subtitle directly in video folder on shared drive?

RE: Unable to access External Hard disk after Oreo update via OTA in MIBox Tv - rangapsr - 2018-07-02

replying just to keep this thread, so it gets the attention.. was a happy user with kodi till the oreo update on mi box.. don't want to try out any other alternatives..