Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Ubuntu PPAs (precompiled PPA builds for Ubuntu) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: XBMC Ubuntu PPAs (precompiled PPA builds for Ubuntu) (/showthread.php?tid=33327)

- outleradam - 2010-08-13

hudo Wrote:It's the right repo, yes.
I installed it today on a virtualbox just to test strings while translating.
It says xbmc is not available because ceros - or someone else - erased it from the repo. Not even the build log reflects it anymore...

It would be pretty cool to have XBMC distributed as a VM. Just replace the VM files and bam, working machine.

- UncleDirtNap - 2010-08-13

Yeah no log files since nothing is starting at all for the Lucid PPAs. This past weekend I upgraded both my HTPCs to Lucid 64-bit starting from scratch with clean builds and using the PPAs and everything went fine (with the installs)

After mangling some stuff swapping out different hardware (video, sound cards etc) I decide to start fresh again Thursday morning now nothing ... added the same PPAs and they just don't do anything. Some suggested waiting until today to try, same thing...

--------------------

Doh, didn't see ThUni's message...

- Broco - 2010-08-13

theuni Wrote:We're doing some surgery on the repos. Should be fixed soon.

TheUni

Can you specify "soon"?

- h.udo - 2010-08-13

outleradam Wrote:It would be pretty cool to have XBMC distributed as a VM. Just replace the VM files and bam, working machine.

I install it on virtualbox just to test (usually translated strings).

To test it in real world conditions, virtualbox machines are a no go. OpenGL support is... well old, no vdpau, etc, etc...

I always create my virtualbox machines due to some problems experienced in the past with international support for keyboard and problems correcting it after. Haven't tried it in a while, do.

Anyone with regular english keyboards can download ready images from virtualboximages.

Anyways, I always use them to test strings, menus, etc...

- weetabeex - 2010-08-13

What were the odds...

I've been trying to find some time to create a media center using xbmc for weeks. Today I finally got the one day to do it and the repositories aren't working :-P

Btw, any idea when the repositories may become fully available again? Smile

Regards.

- romanodog - 2010-08-13

weetabeex Wrote:What were the odds...

I've been trying to find some time to create a media center using xbmc for weeks. Today I finally got the one day to do it and the repositories aren't working :-P

Regards.

Same... looks like I picked the wrong time!

- dutchdragon - 2010-08-13

Argh! Updated to Lucid 64 today. Oh, well... hope it's back up soon.

- Xeijin - 2010-08-13

weetabeex Wrote:What were the odds...

Regards.

Ahaha I know what you mean, I finally get a chance to test out XCI and the repos are down Rolleyes

- h.udo - 2010-08-14

sshcs.com/xbmc/

Use at your own peril! Seriously!
No more waiting...Oo

- mkortstiege - 2010-08-14

Please oh please do NOT use it. Compile from source or enjoy the weather instead. And before you ask, reason to not use it was written multiple times in this forum. We need (want) bug reports for the official builds, especially as we're close to Dharma.

- JustinAiken - 2010-08-14

Patiently waits...

The last svn build I installed before the crash is working okay for me Smile

- weetabeex - 2010-08-14

Well, I compiled it a few hours ago. Everything went smoothly. :-)

- outleradam - 2010-08-14

vdrfan Wrote:Please oh please do NOT use it. Compile from source or enjoy the weather instead. And before you ask, reason to not use it was written multiple times in this forum. We need (want) bug reports for the official builds, especially as we're close to Dharma.

Us bug testers need software to work with. We are all currently unemployed.

- h.udo - 2010-08-14

vdrfan Wrote:Please oh please do NOT use it. Compile from source or enjoy the weather instead. And before you ask, reason to not use it was written multiple times in this forum. We need (want) bug reports for the official builds, especially as we're close to Dharma.

LOL!!

I already have a Asrock-330-whatever-model sitting idle waiting for Dharma... Just for bug hunting...

Cheers!

XBMC Live boots to terminal after install - TheGeebs - 2010-08-14

A few days ago I installed XBMC Live and it booted XBMC. I couldn't get my wireless card (Zotac ION 330 board) so I tried a minimal install. The last 2 days I've been trying to do a minimal install and it can't find the xbmc package when I try to install. 18+ hours later of reinstalling in different configs I discovered this thread saying the xbmc package is missing from the repo.Stare

I just tried installing XBMC Live and after installation it boots to Terminal. Is this because it's trying up update but can't because of the repo being down? I started X "startx" and right-clicked and selected XBMC under Video but the display is choppy. Should I install the Live with my ethernet unplugged?

1. Why does XBMC live boot to terminal and not the GUI
2. When will the repo be back up?
3. What should I do in the meantime, wait for Dharma?