Kodi Community Forum
How to PM or email another member? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Website and Forum Issues or Suggestions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: How to PM or email another member? (/showthread.php?tid=333958)

How to PM or email another member? - matchup - 2018-07-23

Is this not allowed for members with less than x number of posts?

RE: How to PM or email another member? - Klojum - 2018-07-23

Correct.

RE: How to PM or email another member? - matchup - 2018-07-23

Thanks. Couldn't see anything about it in Forum Rules. How many posts needed?

RE: How to PM or email another member? - PatK - 2018-07-23

Why do you need PM? There's absolutely no reason.

RE: How to PM or email another member? - DarrenHill - 2018-07-23

Thread moved to the website section.

RE: How to PM or email another member? - unlikely-lad - 2018-07-24

Ah. So members have to explain why they want to send a PM before obtaining permission.

Sorry, I didn't see that in the rules, either. Is there a special request form I need to fill out?

RE: How to PM or email another member? - Karellen - 2018-07-24

@unlikely-lad

No. There is no special form to fill out.

You are a brand new Junior Member. To avoid abuse caused by Spam and other nefarious purposes, certain privileges are only available after the account has reached a certain age of activity, and a minimum number of "good" posts are made. This is automatic but can be reviewed by Moderators and the junior period extended or applied permanently.

You are missing the purpose of this forum. The forum is a public way of sharing knowledge, tips, tricks and seek advice about Kodi. We don't expect that to happen in Private. Why do you need to PM somebody? Why don't you ask your question on the forum like the other 300,000 odd members do?

RE: How to PM or email another member? - unlikely-lad - 2018-07-24

What if I wanted to wish someone Happy Birthday?

Or explain how sorry I was that I ran over their cat?

Or wanted to buy or sell a used KODI product?

RE: How to PM or email another member? - Karellen - 2018-07-24

(2018-07-24, 06:57)unlikely-lad Wrote: What if I wanted to wish someone Happy Birthday?
How do you know their birthday? And if you do know it... say happy birthday on the other forum where you learnt that info

(2018-07-24, 06:57)unlikely-lad Wrote: Or explain how sorry I was that I ran over their cat?
Should have said it in person at the time of the event.

(2018-07-24, 06:57)unlikely-lad Wrote: Or wanted to buy or sell a used KODI product?
Forbidden on this forum

RE: How to PM or email another member? - Martijn - 2018-07-24

So all i read is people use it for complete nonsense. We might as well remove PM completely

RE: How to PM or email another member? - DarrenHill - 2018-07-24

Also why did you feel the need to register another new account just to troll us with this? I know accounts here are free, or is this the only way you wish to say happy birthday to the originator of this thread (who just happens to share your IP address for posting)?