Kodi Community Forum
Using a VPN- Merging Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=113)
+--- Thread: Using a VPN- Merging Thread (/showthread.php?tid=334556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Webserver behind VPN 8080 - DarrenHill - 2018-07-26

We don't support VPNs here.

Thread moved to off topic.

Kodi + SQL + VPN issue - jjulien31 - 2018-08-02

Hi,
 I've been using kodi for several years now and love it. I finally decided to convert my dvd's and make my own video library. I bought a NAS and set it up with mhPHPadmin to setup an SQL to access through kodi. Got it all up and running and couldn't be happier except.....now, if I turn my VPN (IPVanish) kodi won't work until i turn it off. Help! 

Android G-Box2 
Kodi and VPN have been working fine, I believe it has to do with either a Kodi setting (something about kodi trying to access NAS but NAS  doesn't recognize the G-box IP anymore?) or the advancedsetting .sql file is not correct?

Help

RE: Kodi + SQL + VPN issue - Karellen - 2018-08-02

@jjulien31

A VPN is a 3rd party modification outside the scope of this forum. You do not need a VPN to use Kodi, especially when accessing local media. We are unable to assist you.

I suggest you contact the Help Desk of your VPN Provider.

Moved.

RE: Using a VPN- Merging Thread - Isabel Gerber - 2018-08-05

What if your ISP blocking some addons or links to run on kodi. Most of kodi users suggesting to use vpn with kodi

RE: Using a VPN- Merging Thread - Klojum - 2018-08-05

(2018-08-05, 14:16)Isabel Gerber Wrote: What if your ISP blocking some addons or links to run on kodi.
Then that's tough luck.

(2018-08-05, 14:16)Isabel Gerber Wrote: Most of kodi users suggesting to use vpn with kodi
We all know what a VPN can do, and why people use it.

vpn yes or no - matthew8510 - 2018-08-26

i have a paid vpn just wondering if i really need it with kodi or other apps i heard you need a vpn to download and watch streams and so isp dont know what your up too. is there anyone who hasnt used a vpn without precussions

RE: vpn yes or no - Karellen - 2018-08-26

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=334556

RE: vpn yes or no - Plantje - 2018-08-26

You only need vpn if you plan to do illegal stuff

RE: vpn yes or no - Karellen - 2018-08-26

@Plantje

Not 100% correct. We recognise that there are legitimate uses for a VPN, but the use of them is outside the scope of this forum, and Kodi works perfectly well without one. We see it as a 3rd party modification.

As most people will be paying for that service, then they will need to contact the paid support services of the VPN provider for assistance.

RE: VPN UltraSurf?? - Soion - 2018-08-29

(2017-01-22, 18:51)GarDogTV Wrote: Does *bleep* work for Kodi?

If so, is it any good?

What VPN do you recommend?
 I think *MOD-EDIT* is an excellent choice to start with.

No advertising of VPNs on this forum.

RE: VPN UltraSurf?? - Klojum - 2018-08-29

(2018-08-29, 07:42)Soion Wrote: I think...
I think you should read the forum rules (wiki) of this forum you just registered to more closely.
This is not a place for VPN advertising. VPN is not essential for Kodi to run.

RE: VPN UltraSurf?? - DarrenHill - 2018-08-31

Thread moved to off topic

Can't use a remote when the computer is connected to a VPN - Stemy - 2018-09-21

Hello,

I try to use the Kore remote control, but i must disable the computer's VPN, otherwise the connection is lost. But a VPN is also activated on my phone and it doesn't give me any problem.

Thanks.

RE: Can't use a remote when the computer is connected to a VPN - Klojum - 2018-09-21

Please read our VPN policy (wiki)

RE: Can't use a remote when the computer is connected to a VPN - Stemy - 2018-09-21

So...does it means that the blocking of any connection to my phone if i'm using a VPN on my computer is deliberated ?