Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - cscott1 - 2018-10-12

(2018-10-09, 16:33)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2018-10-09, 15:30)cscott1 Wrote:
(2018-10-09, 15:14)cartman.dos Wrote: Yeah, so it's good to hear you're enjoying the shield now.

About the problem you mention, does it happen when entering a TVSHOW and then when pressing the "Play Sx:Ex" (not an episode)? IF SO -
then, i need to know more about how you store your video library and do you use a share to stream it on the shield?

about osd popup, try upgrading kodi to latest nightly build and see if it helps. 

Yes the playback failed error only happens when pressing on the play episode from the info dialog screen exp. Play Season one Episode one. I use addon library integration yes I stream them. I downgraded to Kodi 18 Alpha one because some of the addons I use are partially broken in the newer releases but I'll save my build and try on the newest nightly and see if that fixes the OSD issue and report back. thanks for the support  
 I don't know which addon you mean by that, but the way the play button works is by looking at the inprogress library in kodi. which means it probably won't work for (probably) banned addons. I do not intend on supporting content that is not coming from the library, only fix in this matter is using an addon that will scan the content to a (virtual) library, but did not test it myself. If I misunderstood you, please correct me.

about osd popup, try also to use ''auto close info..." with set time in playback setting of the skin, if it's not set to close that could be where the fault lies. also, what happens if u press the "i" (information) button of the osd buttons when it pops, doesn't it closes the information panel?

OK so I tried everything on Titan Beta 3 and the newest nightly and the playback failed error and osd problem I was having is not present in those versions of Kodi which is awesome however the add-ons that I use are partially broken. I'm just going to move forward and use the newest versions of Kodi 18. I'm sure once the final official version of Leia is released the developers will fix the issues with the add-ons. Thanks for your help and I'll continue to report any bugs I may come across.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - chup123 - 2018-10-14

(2018-10-09, 15:08)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2018-10-06, 22:14)chup123 Wrote: Hello, I love this skin. But I have 1 question.

When playing trailers from the info screen in the background/window you have to set the default OSD showup timer to 0. Otherwise, the stream will crash.

This is fixed by disabling the auto OSD opening, but when I play a movie I would like to see my OSD for a few seconds just to make sure everything is working correctly.

Is there a fix for this?
You mean the ''auto show OSD infopanel on video playback start" setting? cause i have it on 4 sec and it works fine on my end...

which kodi version are you on? there's been many changes lately in the leia nightlies.  
I am on Kodi version 18 beta 3, and yes I mean that setting

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - jdig4240 - 2018-10-15

So, just so im clear before getting into this skin. Can you confirm whether this skin works on the Xbox version of Kodi?? Looking around for skins to use on my Xbox. Thanks!

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - cartman.dos - 2018-10-16

*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***
I took this project on the last few months, and achieved much more than initially intended.
Currently, I don't enough free time to keep working on the skin.
However, I will still try to maintain it for bugs and small NEEDED updates and I will still enter the forums to get updated and try to help.
So feel free to leave feedback, bugs, and feature requests.
Since this skin is already built for Kodi 18, it will not 'break' anytime soon, and I'll look out for changes and official release.

I hope ppl will hop-in and contribute too, this is a community-effort. so feel free to send PRs.
Thanks guys and I hope you're enjoying the skin thus far.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - cscott1 - 2018-10-16

(2018-10-16, 13:17)cartman.dos Wrote: *** IMPORTANT NOTE ***
I took this project on the last few months, and achieved much more than initially intended.
However, I will still try to maintain it for bugs and small NEEDED updates and I will still enter the forums to get updated and try to help.
Since this skin is already built for Kodi 18, it will not 'break' anytime soon, and I'll look out for changes and official release.

I hope ppl will hop-in and contribute too, this is a community-effort. so feel free to send PRs.
 I wish I had the python background to help with it because I would but sadly I don't. I love what you have done with the skin it's exactly what I was looking for and far surpassed my early efforts to tweak the code. Big thank you for all you have done thus far I really don't see any reason to make continued changes to the skin it's perfect for me anyways but the upkeep of the code to keep it functioning in the future would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - cartman.dos - 2018-10-17

(2018-10-15, 17:33)jdig4240 Wrote: So, just so im clear before getting into this skin. Can you confirm whether this skin works on the Xbox version of Kodi?? Looking around for skins to use on my Xbox. Thanks!
I didn't test it on the xbox lately, but it has been discussed before. Xbox version is restricted to UWP development platform, which in turn has its limits on python lib usage, this will break some of the addons that are needed for the skin. Since this skin is heavily reliant on these addons (not surprisingly so, the author of the addons & Titan is @"marcelveldt") and this is what enables the advanced and unique features of this skin (and my mod by extension). Then, the skin will be limited without them.
In short, unless something has changed on UWP side (unlikely), addons has been adapted to follow UWP contract (they didn't) or something else I'm not aware of, xbox shouldn't be able to run this skin correctly.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - cartman.dos - 2018-10-17

(2018-10-16, 20:11)cscott1 Wrote:
(2018-10-16, 13:17)cartman.dos Wrote: *** IMPORTANT NOTE ***

I wish I had the python background to help with it because I would but sadly I don't. I love what you have done with the skin it's exactly what I was looking for and far surpassed my early efforts to tweak the code. Big thank you for all you have done thus far I really don't see any reason to make continued changes to the skin it's perfect for me anyways but the upkeep of the code to keep it functioning in the future would be greatly appreciated. 
 thanks for the kind words. BTW, I wasn't aware of this when started working on the mod too, but python background is not needed at all. It's all xml files, and very similar to HTML in a way.
Most of the info needed is in the kodi wiki for skinners. but indeed programming background helps to work it through the confinements of the skin engine.
Python is only needed for the add-ons...

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - cscott1 - 2018-10-22

@Cartman.dos or @mardukL any suggestions on where to find thumbnails similar to the 4 Netflix ones (Search, Movie, TV shows, Live TV)? I want to add a something similar a white icon Im guessing a png with a clear background but different than those but all the other thumbs have a black or colored background. Those stick out like a sore thumb on the Bingie context menu.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - mardukL - 2018-10-22

(2018-10-22, 13:21)cscott1 Wrote: @Cartman.dos or @mardukL any suggestions on where to find thumbnails similar to the 4 Netflix ones (Search, Movie, TV shows, Live TV)? I want to add a something similar a white icon Im guessing a png with a clear background but different than those but all the other thumbs have a black or colored background. Those stick out like a sore thumb on the Bingie context menu.
 I created an resource addon for that case, but unsure if the wished are in. (you can install it via my repo and choose the thumbs in the "edit shortcut section ")

if you find one thats missing, send a link of the image and i will add them.
(you can see here whats currently in , https://github.com/marduklev/resource.images.skinicons.whitesquare/tree/master/resources)

EDIT: Offtopic, but i read you missed Kodiflix TV Skin (wich seems based on aeon nox), i added it on my repo too, no banned stuff/just the skin (but keep in mind its krypton only)

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - cscott1 - 2018-10-22

Thank you mardukL I will try it out when I get home from work.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - cscott1 - 2018-10-23

Anyone know how I can disable the rate this episode after each episode? I can't find a setting I like having the option to rate an item in the info dialog screen but don't want to rate every single episode of a show I watch and it keeps episodes from auto playing.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - Desperados - 2018-10-24

(2018-10-23, 23:13)cscott1 Wrote: Anyone know how I can disable the rate this episode after each episode? I can't find a setting I like having the option to rate an item in the info dialog screen but don't want to rate every single episode of a show I watch and it keeps episodes from auto playing.

I read this a few pages back, you have to find the User Rating script and configure the settings. Hope that helps.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - cscott1 - 2018-10-24

(2018-09-20, 19:27)xbmclinuxuser Wrote:
(2018-09-20, 18:32)mardukL Wrote: Because its set in addon.xml

- supposed to have user rating , espeacially in netflixvideoinfo (rate this title)

- edit addon.xml and remove
xml:

<import addon="script.user.rating" version="1.0.0"/>

Than you should be able to uninstall.

But just for interest, whats the negative aspect for you?
 Just that I don't use it and by default it pops up after I watch media and wants me to rate it, which I have no desire to do.  I now know that you can disable that in the configuration but if I don't ever plan on using it then it's just a useless addon taking up space.  
Where exactly did you disable the user ratings in the settings? I'm have a hard time finding it.

***Edit ok sorry after a lil googling I figures out its in an addon that I need to configure and not within the skin or kodi settings. What in the world did we do before google search?

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - leo06 - 2018-11-02

Is there browse for subtitle option in video osd? I can't find it

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - cscott1 - 2018-11-06

Is there a way to get the info icon on the home screen to just show Genera? don't really care about director and actors and what not.