Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - havokvalor - 2019-04-29

Does anyone know if it is possible to select "use submenu as a widget" from within a hub?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-04-30

(2019-04-26, 17:29)3500 Wrote: So the Avengers Infinity War movie is not on playlist Marvel Movies
but on playlist Disney & Pixar
can you make playlist between Marvel & Disney
I'll try to tweak the playlists a little but won't merge them into one.
(2019-04-26, 23:17)havokvalor Wrote: @cartman.dos just wondering, when do you think the RC will turn into a stable release? Building a Firestick for my mom and I'm wondering if I should wait for the release before giving it to her xD.
No ETA, I don't want to add new stuff to next update atm, just to make sure it won't break stuff.
BUT it doesn't matter, if you have repo installed, whenever it's up it will auto-update...unless you have auto-updates off (it's on by default).
(2019-04-27, 02:29)JSAKelley Wrote: Any chance we can get the ability to change widget view type per item again? I have a widget for misc items like genre and lists that look so much better as boxes instead if landscape. I found so can this be incorporated into hubs?
1) it was never removed, you can still change layout per-widget as long as fixed-focus vertical scrolling (home tab settings) is off. Having both will create conflict for current implementation.
2) Hubs are limited in there settings options, opening more options will require a rewrite of core widget config, not feeling like going there atm, sorry.
(2019-04-27, 17:36)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: Hey @cartman.dos I'll get around to the slimmer images sometime today or tomorrow when I have some time. Quick question, Is there any way to get an RSS feed to show on the Bingie skin?
Sure, take your time but if you can give a time frame I'll wait for update push to include it.
It's possible but I'm fighting on every free space in the screen, didn't see where I could fit that AND have it not being ugly af...
(2019-04-27, 18:02)DragoWing Wrote: Haii,
Small question, why can't I find my local subtitles when I don't use opensubtitles etc. The one I downloaded on my device?
They all have it but can't find it on yours, and I Iike yours the best, so i was hoping I miss look somewhere or something, haha, thank you for the skin and you rock!
Regards,
DragoWing
'why can't I find my local subtitles when I don't use opensubtitles' -> So when u're using opensubtitles you can find local subtitles? :S
I'm not sure what you mean anyways as the subtitles handling is done by kodi, the only thing us skinners do is supply a dialog screen for the subtitles settings...
You may however want to check/enable the settings under playback & osd in skin settings to use kodi's native subtitles dialog which will open up the FULL kodi subtitles dialog when pressing the subtitle osd button instead of default minimal layout (which only allows download/enable/next).
(2019-04-28, 02:50)shaktoo Wrote: @ cartman.dos : is there any chance of having continuous rifling through the trailers whilst in the home / hub . Currently it plays one trailer then stops , if I move away from the home screen and come back then it changes it otherwise it remains the same.
If you mean that playing a trailer is changing the widget content then it's a known issue caused by kodi core, there's no way to override it within skin, it must be changed in Kodi's code. Until then best way to have auto-trailers on in home/hubs is with widgets that aren't sorted as random and aren't changing too much. try sort by year/date added/title and so forth.
(2019-04-28, 13:55)louisefindlay23 Wrote: Just testing the dev version. I love the customisable power options. It's great to be to do reboots on devices like the Pi where it makes more sense than exit. Haven't noticed any major difference in Bingie views and clearlogos.

I have some PVR suggestions. In the recordings panel, is there a way for the folder icon underneath channel (for the folders) be changed to the channel icon? By grabbing the channel for the files inside perhaps? Also for the specific episodes can the channel number (to the left of the channel column) be changed to the channel logo and in the timers section too?
I rather invest time in making the pvr a little better looking then a simple list first.
But in all honesty PVR is a nightmare for me (channel icons even more) because I'm coding 'in darkness' in the absence of a real PVR and just using demo tools...
(2019-04-28, 17:17)RKCRLR Wrote:
(2019-04-25, 16:55)cartman.dos Wrote: For some reason the time and date don't show on my TV Guide screen.  They are in the upper right corners of the number of rows examples so it seems the time and date were on the Guide screen at some point in Bingie.  Did I do something to turn the time ad date off or is this a bug?  

1) nothing has changed in tvguide recently so if it was there it's still is... maybe you're looking to enable header (general settings) and set it to show time?
I enabled the time in the header section (thanks!).  I now shows the time when when bring up the guide menu if I'm not playing live TV or a recording.  But if I am playing live TV or a recording the time doesn't show in the guide.  
Is there another setting somewhere to make the guide show the time if something is playing?  I checked in Estuary and the time shows in the guide even if something is playing.  
This isn't a big deal since I can get the time from the info screen if something is playing.  
Thanks 
Probably easy to fix, i'll check it out.

(2019-04-28, 18:31)3500 Wrote: I Have little Request
on spotlight there's a rating for people watch on the right side
example is G, PG, R, etc
so i like you to add a year on movies that on spotlight, the year is on top of rating for people watch
example:
[| 2010         ]
[| R               ]

the delay of year is showing up after 1 second showed up of rating

or maybe you can adding more on top of the year is the duration of that movie on spotlight
example:
[| 1hr 53m    ]
[| 2010         ]
[| R                ]

I'm sorry for my bad english

I don't like the idea of having multiple flags if that what you meant, but maybe [ R | 2010 | 1h 53m ] in the current flag...

(2019-04-29, 16:35)havokvalor Wrote: So if I add a widget to a hub through the skin settings instead of unlocking the hub, this will cause the widget to only show in the home tab and not the hub tab. Is this by design?

I would like to add widgets to a hub from the skin settings in order to take advantage of having separate widget sizes and orders. I don’t see a way to do this when adding widgets from a hub.
Yeah, it's weird but it was built this way because Titan original layouts required the core widget config to be built this way...
What you're asking requires a somewhat of a rewrite of how hubs settings currently works...a task for a rainy day...if only it was winter now Big Grin

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - 3500 - 2019-04-30

(2019-04-30, 15:32)cartman.dos Wrote:
example is G, PG, R, etc
so i like you to add a year on movies that on spotlight, the year is on top of rating for people watch
example:
[| 2010         ]
[| R               ]

or maybe you can adding more on top of the year is the duration of that movie on spotlight
example:
[| 1hr 53m    ]
[| 2010         ]
[| R                ]

I don't like the idea of having multiple flags if that what you meant, but maybe [ R | 2010 | 1h 53m ] in the current flag... 

i think that's messed up, to put all content in 1 flag
that's make the flag gonna be long and we don't like it
or maybe just 2 flags if you don't wanna 3 flags
just rating & year
example:
[| 2010         ]
[| R               ]

cause i've been thinking about the flag is being 1 by 1 to showing up
that's so cool if i imagining that

(2019-04-30, 16:27)3500 Wrote:
(2019-04-30, 15:32)cartman.dos Wrote:
example is G, PG, R, etc
example:
[| 2010         ]
[| R               ]

example:
[| 1hr 53m    ]
[| 2010         ]
[| R                ]

just rating & year
example:[| 2010         ]
[| R               ]

Well, we don't like 2-3 flags either  Laugh
Seriously though, I'd prefer keeping things simple and clean and having three pop-ups doesn't appeal to me, can't satisfy everyone...

(2019-04-30, 16:42)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-04-30, 15:32)cartman.dos Wrote: I don't like the idea of having multiple flags if that what you meant, but maybe [ R | 2010 | 1h 53m ] in the current flag...  

just rating & year
example:
[| 2010         ]
[| R               ]

Seriously though, I'd prefer keeping things simple and clean and having three pop-ups doesn't appeal to me, can't satisfy everyone... 
okay that's fine, but how about that's an option, like you can enable/disable it
if user want another flag for more info right?

pleaseee.. just a year flag
it's okay if that's an option for user to enable/disable it

(2019-04-30, 16:48)3500 Wrote:
(2019-04-30, 16:27)3500 Wrote: i think that's messed up, to put all content in 1 flag
just rating & year
[| R               ]

okay that's fine, but how about that's an option, like you can enable/disable it

If I've got the time later I can give you the lines to make this tweak, my general target is towards less options in Titan/Bingie. Being so customizable/many options kills a friendly user experience and sometimes jail me from creating a better implementation due conflicts. I don't even think I know all the settings options available in Titan...

(2019-04-30, 17:01)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-04-30, 16:48)3500 Wrote:
(2019-04-30, 16:42)cartman.dos Wrote: Well, we don't like 2-3 flags either  Laugh

If I've got the time later I can give you the lines to make this tweak, my general target is towards less options in Titan/Bingie. Being so customizable/many options kills a friendly user experience and sometimes jail me from creating a better implementation due conflicts. I don't even think I know all the settings options available in Titan...  

Thank you so much for considering this.

i want ask again if you don't mind
i wanna ask is i can't see the extrafanart for movies or tv shows after enable the setting for extra-fanart
i scrapping the extrafanart using artwork beef

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-04-30

(2019-04-30, 15:32)cartman.dos Wrote: I don't like the idea of having multiple flags if that what you meant, but maybe [ R | 2010 | 1h 53m ] in the current flag...  

just rating & year
[| R               ]

We like Bingie to look exactly like Netflix lol.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - louisefindlay23 - 2019-04-30

Just testing the dev version. I love the customisable power options. It's great to be to do reboots on devices like the Pi where it makes more sense than exit. Haven't noticed any major difference in Bingie views and clearlogos.

I have some PVR suggestions. In the recordings panel, is there a way for the folder icon underneath channel (for the folders) be changed to the channel icon? By grabbing the channel for the files inside perhaps? Also for the specific episodes can the channel number (to the left of the channel column) be changed to the channel logo and in the timers section too?

(2019-04-30, 18:51)louisefindlay23 Wrote: Just testing the dev version. I love the customisable power options. It's great to be to do reboots on devices like the Pi where it makes more sense than exit. Haven't noticed any major difference in Bingie views and clearlogos.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=334820&pid=2850699#pid2850699 !

(2019-04-30, 17:25)3500 Wrote:
(2019-04-30, 17:01)cartman.dos Wrote: [quote="3500" pid='2850736' dateline='1556635738']okay that's fine, but how about that's an option, like you can enable/disable it

I didn't write this feature it's from the original Titan, but i'll have a look. pretty sure skin helper is used to extract local fanart, so this can break in some setups that aren't straightforward (pkc/embycon/other 'not-conventional'). Moreover, some of the widgets won't work, playlists/library view however, should work.
If you're using artwork beef make sure to check in settings to download what you configured to local path...then run a scan (that setting is off by default in AB).

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - paddy75 - 2019-05-01

Hey guys,
i'm also testing this version and it runs very well on Rasperry. But i thing i found a bug here. If I'm inside my music liburary, and choose the list view I see the correct covers for all albums. If I change it to the square view, the cover change to interpreters. Inside the interpreters the view in square is ok. Very curious.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - havokvalor - 2019-05-02

So I know this is going to sound weird,

But would it be possible to add the feature to disable the sub menus from appearing when you have a widget displaying the submenu? If I hide the sub menu currently it will make the widget disappear also.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-05-02

(2019-05-02, 06:24)havokvalor Wrote: So I know this is going to sound weird,

But would it be possible to add the feature to disable the sub menus from appearing when you have a widget displaying the submenu? If I hide the sub menu currently it will make the widget disappear also.
You can't really because that's built to be a submenu not a widget, so it's 'hard-wired' to a specific shortcut. I could seek ways to make a 'custom widget' same way as you build submenu now that you can then assign it later, initially thought of a 'customized' categories. I just don't have much time for such things as it's a pretty vast change to the code atm.

(2019-05-01, 21:36)paddy75 Wrote: Hey guys,
i'm also testing this version and it runs very well on Rasperry. But i thing i found a bug here. If I'm inside my music liburary, and choose the list view I see the correct covers for all albums. If I change it to the square view, the cover change to interpreters. Inside the interpreters the view in square is ok. Very curious.
Not sure what you mean by 'the cover change to interpreters' ?