Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-05-27

(2019-05-27, 08:53)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-05-27, 00:23)ZachMurphy Wrote:
(2019-05-26, 23:31)louisefindlay23 Wrote: 3B's can get quite hot. One of mine (in one house) does quite frequently but the other at a friend's doesn't. Buy a case that comes with some heat sink strips. 

I have a case with heat sink strips. I just checked the pi for dust but there was nothing in it at all, I cleaned it anyway just to make sure. But one thing I don't understand is, if I change the skin to plain old titan, there isn't any problem but when I change it back to titan binge and I just move over one screen it shows the thermal symbol in the top right hand corner, and then my Pi gets hot. I don't know what it is in this skin that is causing it, but it is highly annoying concluding I love this skin. The realistic copy of Netflix just makes my day. It is just annoying how it overheats and I am unable to play a single show without the thermal showing and the heating occurring.  

Strange, my one with heat sink strips is fine. If you're not concerned with the overheating, there is a command to make it disappear  

I have a Xiaomi mi box that gets really warm it has a heavy heat sink but it still got so hot that the plastic case cracked almost completely in half. I don't care tho it still gets warm and it still works fine. I use it as my backup box in the bedroom. I highly recommend purchasing a Nvidia Sheild its a beast handles anything you throw at it with ease. Bingie runs on it smooth as butter and it doesn't get hot.

also Cartman has mentioned he is working on lightening up the skin removing a lot of the bloat and focusing more on the Bingie view... good move in my opinion. I am guessing this will help lower end devices run better.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-05-27

So performance-wise, first you should tackle slow widget loading and general performance differently. of course a faster/better hardware would improve both but slow widget loading could be improved upon drastically by using smartplaylists instead.
General performance improvement would be to start disabling everything which is not needed.
First you should take a look at optimization suggestions on the 3rd post of this thread.
Besides that, everything you disable further more would help a little more. and at least test without fixed vertical scrolling & auto-trailers.
Keep watch of installed add-ons you have regardless of the skin, especially service addons that works in the background could hinder performance.

I do intend on making bingie a stand-alone skin, making the skin itself lighter AND stop/limiting skin helper usage. atm not using skin helper would indeed break some stuff but it's possible to delete the import requirement for it in addons.xml and then disabling skin helper service (once you've set everything up).

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - louisefindlay23 - 2019-05-27

(2019-05-27, 13:37)cartman.dos Wrote: So performance-wise, first you should tackle slow widget loading and general performance differently. of course a faster/better hardware would improve both but slow widget loading could be improved upon drastically by using smartplaylists instead.
General performance improvement would be to start disabling everything which is not needed.
First you should take a look at optimization suggestions on the 3rd post of this thread.
Besides that, everything you disable further more would help a little more. and at least test without fixed vertical scrolling & auto-trailers.
Keep watch of installed add-ons you have regardless of the skin, especially service addons that works in the background could hinder performance.

I do intend on making bingie a stand-alone skin, making the skin itself lighter AND stop/limiting skin helper usage. atm not using skin helper would indeed break some stuff but it's possible to delete the import requirement for it in addons.xml and then disabling skin helper service (once you've set everything up).
Turned off unusued views and moving widgets to smart playlists really helps. I just need to figure out how to replicate PlexKodiConnect's On Deck widget in a smart playlist and then all my widgets will be fast.

(2019-05-27, 13:41)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-05-27, 13:37)cartman.dos Wrote: So performance-wise, first you should tackle slow widget loading and general performance differently. of course a faster/better hardware would improve both but slow widget loading could be improved upon drastically by using smartplaylists instead.

Turned off unusued views and moving widgets to smart playlists really helps. I just need to figure out how to replicate PlexKodiConnect's On Deck widget in a smart playlist and then all my widgets will be fast. 
what's so special about on deck? it just gives you lately added/continue watching stuff...
you could use the a variation of lately added/rating above 6-7/in progress/year above 2017 - and sort by date added...
that's just an example but try few options out, really the only issue is having mixed media in one widget but the 'On Deck' isn't a complicate one to replace...not like 'trending/popular' on netflix that use a smart algorithm and comparing to its clients watch habits....

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - User 436809 - 2019-05-27

(2019-05-27, 08:53)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-05-27, 00:23)ZachMurphy Wrote:
(2019-05-26, 23:31)louisefindlay23 Wrote: 3B's can get quite hot. One of mine (in one house) does quite frequently but the other at a friend's doesn't. Buy a case that comes with some heat sink strips. 

I have a case with heat sink strips. I just checked the pi for dust but there was nothing in it at all, I cleaned it anyway just to make sure. But one thing I don't understand is, if I change the skin to plain old titan, there isn't any problem but when I change it back to titan binge and I just move over one screen it shows the thermal symbol in the top right hand corner, and then my Pi gets hot. I don't know what it is in this skin that is causing it, but it is highly annoying concluding I love this skin. The realistic copy of Netflix just makes my day. It is just annoying how it overheats and I am unable to play a single show without the thermal showing and the heating occurring. 

Strange, my one with heat sink strips is fine. If you're not concerned with the overheating, there is a command to make it disappear 

I managed to, fix the issues by using Titan MOD as a base and then copying over some of the views from Titan BINGIE. Now, my Raspberry Pi 3 isn't overheating and I have everything I mainly loved from the skin now inside of my edited Titan MOD skin. I used a program called WinMerge to compare the similar files and then, I simply just read a bit into skinning through the Skinning Manual online.

Thanks, for the help. It was really much appreciated. I am currently looking into, buying a new case for my Raspberry Pi concluding the heat sink strips are fairly hairy from my dog.

- Z

(2019-05-27, 14:13)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-05-27, 13:41)louisefindlay23 Wrote:

what's so special about on deck? it just gives you lately added/continue watching stuff...
you could use the a variation of lately added/rating above 6-7/in progress/year above 2017 - and sort by date added...
that's just an example but try few options out, really the only issue is having mixed media in one widget but the 'On Deck' isn't a complicate one to replace...not like 'trending/popular' on netflix that use a smart algorithm and comparing to its clients watch habits.... 
A smart playlist version of Skin Helper's Next episodes widget. I found it difficult because you can't select in progress shows for an episode playlist and if you use a tv show playlist, you can't play the episode from the homescreen you have to go into the tv show folder.

(2019-05-27, 15:11)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-05-27, 14:13)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-05-27, 13:41)louisefindlay23 Wrote: Turned off unusued views and moving widgets to smart playlists really helps. I just need to figure out how to replicate PlexKodiConnect's On Deck widget in a smart playlist and then all my widgets will be fast.  
A smart playlist version of Skin Helper's Next episodes widget. I found it difficult because you can't select in progress shows for an episode playlist and if you use a tv show playlist, you can't play the episode from the homescreen you have to go into the tv show folder. 
Netflix doesn't have a episodes widget anyway to get the real Netflix feel just use the in progress tv shows as a widget its the same as continue watching.

On my fast Kodi box (PC), Next Episodes loads slightly quicker than PKC's On Deck (probably as it has to query the addon.) It'd be interesting to see how much difference it makes on lower-end systems such as Raspberry Pi's. I'll post when I find out.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 - User 436809 - 2019-05-27

(2018-08-22, 19:37)Grayskulll Wrote: Fantastic Mod! Been playing around with it on my RPi3 and found no issues. Loving the new Information screen. Thanks.

What are your settings set to? Because, I am having issues with my Raspberry Pi 3.

@Cartman.dos hey Buddy I tried to send you a PM but I guess you have reached your limit. In regards to the Kodi fork apk file you sent me that fixes some of the kodi core behavior that Bingie has problems with the official Kodi app. I still cant get it to install on any of my android devices including a brand new android phone so it is not a problem with leftover kodi stuff. Any ideas?

in the works...

(2019-05-27, 16:06)cartman.dos Wrote: in the works...
ImageImage

Looking good. I love the play and pause feature more than the first one. How did you create your Bingie intro video at startup? I would like to customize the text on the video so I can create my own.

Just, wanted to let you know. That, this above worked extremely well and on a plus side I am able to run Bingie on my Raspberry Pi 3 Now. I did everything that you said, and then I ran into this setting that if enabled it changes the settings so that the skin can be runned on a low end device.

(2019-05-27, 16:06)cartman.dos Wrote: in the works...

Will the wide Netflix widget work in the fixed vertical focus layout? Also auto trailer in the widget?

@cartman.dos 

The spotlight widget on the home menu is broken. The text is cut off of the screen. How can I fix this. Here is a screenshot. As you can see from the picture below, the text is cut off at the top. How could I fix this.