Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-06-16

(2019-06-15, 12:57)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-06-14, 20:52)ZachMurphy Wrote: Image
(2019-06-14, 21:17)cscott1 Wrote:  

This is another cool one to keep an eye on
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16225
I remember u wanted that feature some time ago and I told you it's kodi core, well someone implemented it Wink
I'll probably compile it myself sometime in the future if it won't get approved but it pretty much kills my laptop for a good 6-8 hours, so.... 
Oh man that is exactly what I was requesting. Hope it is added... slightly off topic but thought this was relevant and a good time to do some trouble shooting every time I open Kodi from a cold start from an Android TV Channel (Kodi smart playlist / In progress TV Shows) on the shield with Kodi not running in the background I get a Bingie helper error... Just curious if this is reproducible on your end and if there is anything that can be done to remedy it? Its not a big deal I just open Kodi on a fresh start of my shield and Mi Box at the moment then hit the home button to go to the Android TV home screen and leave Kodi running in the background and I don't get the error but if its fixable that would be swell.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - User 436809 - 2019-06-16

(2019-06-15, 16:32)Seattle2Nashville Wrote:
(2019-06-14, 20:52)ZachMurphy Wrote: @cartman.dos how can I get a image as the spotlight title? Such as like in this screenshot of yours? 

Do you have universal movie scraper installed?
If so, it will grab the clear logo for the title in the spotlight but it wont grab it for the individual thumbs in each row. To get the fanart thumbs in each row to have clear logo instead plain text, you need to setup library integration with a plugin like OpenMeta or any *MOD EDIT* fork and also have Artwork Beef installed.

Hope this helps 

Thank you, that helps an extreme amount. Really Thankful, and Appreciate It.

(2019-06-15, 17:23)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-06-15, 17:20)ZachMurphy Wrote:
(2019-06-15, 12:57)cartman.dos Wrote: I don't understand what you're asking exactly, the screenshot is pretty much how bingie looks like out of the box with default settings...
There are 3 kinds of images here: clearlogo (title of the movie), landscape (movie thumb) and fanart (the bg image).
They are all fetched automatically by artwork beef.

This is another cool one to keep an eye on
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16225
I remember u wanted that feature some time ago and I told you it's kodi core, well someone implemented it Wink
I'll probably compile it myself sometime in the future if it won't get approved but it pretty much kills my laptop for a good 6-8 hours, so....  

Oh, Artwork Beef. That explains why it isn't working for me. Everytime I try to click on script.artwork.beef to install it, nothing pops up on the screen to install it. Is there any other way to install it?  

I assume you don't have Rector Stuff Repo installed, which is also available in Bingie Repo btw, AND all of this is mentioned and explained in the first post of this thread ;] 

Thank you, @cartman.dos this helps me as well. I found a version of Artwork Beef online but it just destroyed my bingie setup. So, i'll install it through Rector Stuff instead.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - karthikm - 2019-06-16

(2019-06-15, 12:57)cartman.dos Wrote: [quote="ZachMurphy" pid='2861106' dateline='1560538346']@cartman.dos how can I get a image as the spotlight title? Such as like in this screenshot of yours? 

I don't understand what you're asking exactly, the screenshot is pretty much how bingie looks like out of the box with default settings...
There are 3 kinds of images here: clearlogo (title of the movie), landscape (movie thumb) and fanart (the bg image).
For me, artwork beef shows same image in bg image and landscape (that too without title ). Can you help me out with settings.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-06-16

(2019-06-16, 15:52)karthikm Wrote:
(2019-06-15, 12:57)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-06-14, 20:52)ZachMurphy Wrote: @cartman.dos how can I get a image as the spotlight title? Such as like in this screenshot of yours? 

I don't understand what you're asking exactly, the screenshot is pretty much how bingie looks like out of the box with default settings...
For me, artwork beef shows same image in bg image and landscape (that too without title ). Can you help me out with settings.
Read the 'Artwork Handling' Section here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=334820&pid=2760870#pid2760870

Make sure that artwork beef setting is set to get landscape for movies and tvshows, make sure artwork beef is actually running (run it manually first to force it), test with a item in library -> open context menu -> manage -> ab: select artwork and look for 'landscape'.
NOTE: Not all items actually have landscape images in the artwork databases sites

@Seattle2Nashville Could, you explain more on how I can use OpenMeta for images on the rows? All, I see so far with OpenMeta is that it uses Trakt. My Library consists of all TV Shows which are located on a Network Drive, and are not synced with my Raspberry Pi's Kodi Library because there are too many TV Shows and to little amount of Storage.

(2019-06-16, 16:38)cartman.dos Wrote: test with a item in library -> open context menu -> manage -> ab: select artwork and look for 'landscape'.

@cartman.dos Do you know if Artwork Beef can still work with even Network Attached Drives? Because, my TV Shows are on a Network Drive attached to a Stationary Computer.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-06-17

(2019-06-16, 22:00)ZachMurphy Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 16:38)cartman.dos Wrote: test with a item in library -> open context menu -> manage -> ab: select artwork and look for 'landscape'.

@cartman.dos Do you know if Artwork Beef can still work with even Network Attached Drives? Because, my TV Shows are on a Network Drive attached to a Stationary Computer. 
As long as you add your media to your Kodi Library it shouldn't matter where the media is located for Artwork Beef to Pull Artwork.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-06-17

(2019-06-17, 12:48)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 22:00)ZachMurphy Wrote:

As long as you add your media to your Kodi Library it shouldn't matter where the media is located for Artwork Beef to Pull Artwork.

True. It saves to userdata to local device. However if writing access is not permitted on server than you would not be able to save it with the actual media files. Which is great for backup and not having to rechoose images every install.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - louisefindlay23 - 2019-06-17

(2019-06-17, 13:50)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-06-17, 12:48)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 22:00)ZachMurphy Wrote: @cartman.dos Do you know if Artwork Beef can still work with even Network Attached Drives? Because, my TV Shows are on a Network Drive attached to a Stationary Computer. 

True. It saves to userdata to local device. However if writing access is not permitted on server than you would not be able to save it with the actual media files. Which is great for backup and not having to rechoose images every install. 

And it's great to sync artwork between devices especially manually chosen ones. I've had mixed results getting manually chosen ones (through AB: Select artwork) to show up though.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-06-17

(2019-06-17, 16:25)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-06-17, 13:50)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-06-17, 12:48)cscott1 Wrote: As long as you add your media to your Kodi Library it shouldn't matter where the media is located for Artwork Beef to Pull Artwork. 

And it's great to sync artwork between devices especially manually chosen ones. I've had mixed results getting manually chosen ones (through AB: Select artwork) to show up though.
I just set everything on my main server and save only one image per artwork so when I manually change I don't need to deselect any and also there's no need for more than one unless ure rotating extrafanart.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - Seattle2Nashville - 2019-06-17

(2019-06-16, 21:01)ZachMurphy Wrote: @Seattle2Nashville Could, you explain more on how I can use OpenMeta for images on the rows? All, I see so far with OpenMeta is that it uses Trakt. My Library consists of all TV Shows which are located on a Network Drive, and are not synced with my Raspberry Pi's Kodi Library because there are too many TV Shows and to little amount of Storage.

1. It's okay that your movies are on a NAS

2. Download and install Artwork beef, I think the settings it comes with are fine but if you want to save all of the artwork instead of re downloading them every time you clear thumbnails (I think) you need to check 'save movie fanart with movie base filename' 

2. Download Universal Movie Scraper from Kodi Repo

3. In UMS settings turn all of the fanart art buttons on (they're spread across a few tabs)

4. In Settings>Media Settings> Library Tab> Videos hit the 'Add Videos' button and point it to your movies by navigating to your NAS over SMB or NFS whichever you have setup. If you have movies and tv shows, you will do it once for each. The scraper for TV shows is TVDB and the scraper for movies is Universal Movie Scraper.

5. Once the scan is done you should have artwork for everything

Hope this helps

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - louisefindlay23 - 2019-06-18

(2019-06-13, 11:06)cartman.dos Wrote: Regarding compiling Kodi - these are pretty easy to follow instructions for doing so
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/docs/README.md
It's not too complicated for windows (not UWP), for android it's a bit trickier since you can't use windows platform for that, you can run linux on vm though, and if using latest ubuntu you'd probably need to degrade java to v8 and install clang. Plus, you'd need to override the privately signed key when installing on the android platform...
This is as far as i'm willing to help on the matter, there are dedicated sub forums for that.

If anyone pulls this off for android PM me If you share the updated Bingie friendly apk. I'll buy you a beer. 

Awesome, just managed to compile from Windows. It's great being able to leverage the loading screen to load widgets even my slowest loading widget (PlexKodiConnect addon's On Deck) has completely loaded by the time the splash screen disappears.

Will try android in a few days. It'll make more difference in that platform since you have to start Kodi more often when the Amazon screensaver activates. I already have a Debian Linux VM that I run my Plex server and other applications on. I assume the same install will work on a Nvidia Shield as a Fire TV Stick 4k. I don't have access to it until the weekend though so I might not be able to tell you if it works.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-06-18

(2019-06-18, 15:43)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-06-13, 11:06)cartman.dos Wrote: Regarding compiling Kodi - these are pretty easy to follow instructions for doing so
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/docs/README.md
It's not too complicated for windows (not UWP), for android it's a bit trickier since you can't use windows platform for that, you can run linux on vm though, and if using latest ubuntu you'd probably need to degrade java to v8 and install clang. Plus, you'd need to override the privately signed key when installing on the android platform...
This is as far as i'm willing to help on the matter, there are dedicated sub forums for that.

If anyone pulls this off for android PM me If you share the updated Bingie friendly apk. I'll buy you a beer.  

Awesome, just managed to compile from Windows. It's great being able to leverage the loading screen to load widgets even my slowest loading widget (PlexKodiConnect addon's On Deck) has completely loaded by the time the splash screen disappears.

Will try android in a few days. It'll make more difference in that platform since you have to start Kodi more often when the Amazon screensaver activates. I already have a Debian Linux VM that I run my Plex server and other applications on. I assume the same install will work on a Nvidia Shield as a Fire TV Stick 4k. I don't have access to it until the weekend though so I might not be able to tell you if it works. 

Sweet!!! I'm in no hurry and appreciate if you share it with me when you get time. Its above my skills or lack there of I have a good understanding of Kodi's features but when it come to code stuff its like Greek to me no clue on what to do even with guides and too old to start learning now.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - Seattle2Nashville - 2019-06-19

(2019-06-18, 18:41)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-06-18, 15:43)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-06-14, 21:17)cscott1 Wrote: If anyone pulls this off for android PM me If you share the updated Bingie friendly apk. I'll buy you a beer.  

Sweet!!! I'm in no hurry and appreciate if you share it with me when you get time. Its above my skills or lack there of I have a good understanding of Kodi's features but when it come to code stuff its like Greek to me no clue on what to do even with guides and too old to start learning now. 
@louisefindlay23  & @cscott1  I'm super interested in this, lmk when you have a working apk, I'd love to test it out!