Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-07-10

(2019-07-10, 17:27)scofield272 Wrote: Hi Cartman
great stuff, one thing i do noticed is that the Fanart in Bingie 1.03 has too much Zoom-In in Bingie view, here is 2 examples how movies's Fanart looks on 1.02 VS 1.03 (for some Movie's Fanarts this is critical) :

In Order of disappearance
https://ibb.co/VMWPLLX 1.03
https://ibb.co/T8F47wM  1.02

US
https://ibb.co/1MxXCc7 1.03
https://ibb.co/hsZWdCD 1.02 

Hey man, I'm aware of that 'scaling issue'. I do like it better now than it was, the scaling can be solved with a better diffuse img, need to check if I can find one, graphics is not my expertise.

(2019-07-10, 17:36)louisefindlay23 Wrote: Aww, Sad. That's one of my favourite parts on the Next Episodes widgets. I can decide which episode to play depending on how exciting the plot sounds. 
That's the design I chose here. If you're mid-watching a tv show you should know what's it about, aren't you? for 'choosing' what to watch, just put a tvshow widget, not an episode (makes more sense...)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - FlashOne - 2019-07-10

@cartman.dos Just installed 1.0.3RC1 and the only things I noticed so far are:
- new Bingie landscape view looks a little restricted" compared to previous 1.0.2
- time bar still missing in non-Bingie PVR OSD

Other than that great work as usual, users looking for a netflix-like experience will find in the upcoming Bingie their definitive answer!

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-07-10

(2019-07-10, 17:44)FlashOne Wrote: @cartman.dos Just installed 1.0.3RC1 and the only things I noticed so far are:
- new Bingie landscape view looks a little restricted" compared to previous 1.0.2

Other than that great work as usual, users looking for a netflix-like experience will find in the upcoming Bingie their definitive answer!

Thanks!! I always appreciate how well-ordered are your feedbacks Smile
1) resized a bit smaller, unified design and in my opinion looks less overwhelming on big screen tv.
2) please try replacing includesosd.xml with this: 
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan.bingie/commit/a4fc71c6877d639be1a91784df803359684e7b7b

Have you tried PVR Hub? as you remember my pvr testing is very limited...(there's an auto-preview if enabled in general settings->trailers)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - Seattle2Nashville - 2019-07-10

(2019-07-10, 04:15)cartman.dos Wrote: Titan BINGIE v1.03-RC1THIS VERSION IS FOR TESTING PURPOSES, PLEASE BE AWARE!

This update is pretty massive, as it includes massive rewrites of complete sections in the skin or code, added features, bug fixing and so on.
Due to the extensive work that has been done from v1.02,
It'll be great if you guys could try this release candidate and report about bugs that/if you've noticed and I may have missed (with detailed description, please).
You may also give your feedback on the new stuff/cosmetics/performance, I always try to listen to your requests but note that at this point I only intend to address bugs and such to support the release.

Skin Helper Widgets
I've also released an update for skin helper widgets, that adds a new widget that is now used by default in bingie (if you're not installing fresh you have to reset menu to default or set the widget manually via skin helper widgets node). This widget is 'Continue Watching Episodes' and it comes to replace the use of 'Next Episodes'.
The change is delicate but important - it will fetch the last played episodes and will return them for you to continue or the next episode after the last one you watched. Difference is that 'Next Episodes' is returning episodes only for unwatched tvshows (so no re-watch) AND it returns the next UNWATCHED episode, so if you've fallen asleep and tv kept going or your gf want to watch a different episode or you just want to re-watch the series you won't be able with 'Next episodes'. In sum, it's like the continue watching widget for netflix.

CHANGES/NEW FEATURES
I'm not going to list ALL the changes (I honestly don't even remember at this point), but I'll list the main ones that come to mind and will update whenever I think of one that I've forgot about:
- Bingie home complete rewrite including the spotlight
- Most of the default widgets are now library-based/built-in for FASTER widget loading (Built-in 'Categories', 'My List' widgets have been added to widget choice dialog).
- Fixed Vertical movement redesigned and improved
- 2 new viewtypes - Bingie Main Landscape & Bingie Main Poster
- New: Categories Hub, used with the BUILT-IN categories widgets
- New Video buttons layout, OSD panel and functionality, also supports live tv (Bingie Video OSD in settings), new seek indicators
- OSD new functionality features: Rated mpaa pop-up right after playing, auto-close osd (transitioned from sh based to built in), auto pause when osd shows.
- New Hub: PVR Hub, with widgets for last played, channels, recordings and 'categories'. New layouts for information to channels and option to auto-preview channels (under general settings->trailers->allow pvr preview)
- New episodes tag supported in posters as well
- Improved 'Watch X now' logic, will now show 'Watch Season [last added season] Now' for tv show that has new episodes.
- REMOVED: forced views has been removed (it's a buggy mess), also some skin helper functions has either been removed or replaced with built-in skin to improve functionality and performance

This are mostly the new stuff, at least the ones that I can think of now,
beside that there has been major cosmetic changes, bug fixes, improvements, etc...

watch gallery
Titan BINGIE v1.03-RC1Skin Helper Widgets v1.1.2 (it's also on the official repo)

Love a lot of the changes, too many to mention so I'll just start with the buggy things lol

Keep in mind, I did a fresh install of bingie and all of the skin helper dependencies

PVR: 

1. The PVR Hub 'ActivateWindow(1113,return)' has no widgets in it for me. I've reset the menu and added it again and am only seeing the message about adding videos to my library, although I already have videos added to my library and they're showing in widgets on the home hub. 

That being said, the Live TV 'ActivateWindow(1116,return)', which used to take me directly to live TV or the guide, is now a hub with Recently Watched, Channels, Recording and a Live & Radio widget. The hub looks okay but it's mostly black space at the top. I'll post a picture on this to make sure it's how you intended. Might be a bug on my end

ImageImage

2. The PVR hubs automatic preview starts a video for about half a second and stops and sometimes it plays a little longer but for the most part, for me, it's unusable. I'm using a TVMosaic/DVB Link backend if that helps?

Maybe give an option for a still image preview?

Other changes:

1. Continue Watching Episodes is working great for me, I really like the change and it seems like it's loading faster

2. The transparent notification panel when there is an image beneath it is awesome, looks really clean. May have always been that way? I could've accidently changed the color of mine in the past lol

3. The new episode tag on posters is great

4. Not sure how I feel about the smaller posters, it was nice having them larger and an option for people who were struggling to see the landscape layout but I feel like in a week I'll forget about it

5. The new vertical movement looks great

6. The larger thumbail in the top spotlight portion looks really good, probably is why the posters are smaller?

7. Categories and My-List being built in are really fast, noticed this in the dev repo and 1.03 WIP, so I'm glad they made it

8. Following up #5. Are 'my list' and 'categories' the only new "built-in" widgets or are there more?

9. I have no option for a "categories hub" but I do have a categories widget, am I missing something?

10. On getting rid of fixed views, I agree it was a mess and removing it works fine for local content but browing through addons forces you to change the view for basically every page as you browse

11. Is it possible to set Movies Hub to Bingie Main Posters and TV Hubs to Bingie Main Landscape independtly of each other?

12. Oh, I really like the change in the loading icon in the top right, it reflects the progress instead of just spinning

13. The new OSD is great with the buttons in the top left just like netflix on an xbox or android box, the new seek indicator is awesome as well

14. Also not sure why this is happening but I can't seem to fix it. The info panel is missing all of the buttons, play * episode, more episodes, more info, cast, etc.

Anyway, all in all a great update imho just a couple bugs. Thx for all your work man!

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-07-10

Just a minor typo I think someone mentioned before but is still present. My List shows as My list. Easy enough to fix on the user end but thought you would want to know.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - scofield272 - 2019-07-10

Hi Cartman
sorry if it been mentioned, the progress bar indicator does not start from the begining :

https://ibb.co/N6mMzSx

and another small thing (and you need a really bright screen to notice Smile ), this part of the Home Bingie is little bit lighter then the same part in the DialogVideoInfo screen :

Home Bingie: https://imgur.com/a/40whBjq   ,   DialogVideoInfo screen: https://imgur.com/a/TPodSKu

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - FlashOne - 2019-07-10

(2019-07-10, 18:19)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-10, 17:44)FlashOne Wrote: @cartman.dos Just installed 1.0.3RC1 and the only things I noticed so far are:

Thanks!! I always appreciate how well-ordered are your feedbacks Smile
1) resized a bit smaller, unified design and in my opinion looks less overwhelming on big screen tv.
2) please try replacing includesosd.xml with this: 
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan.bingie/commit/a4fc71c6877d639be1a91784df803359684e7b7b

Have you tried PVR Hub? as you remember my pvr testing is very limited...(there's an auto-preview if enabled in general settings->trailers)      
My pleasure! But you should thank my ocd in first place lol!

1) I can see your point, that shrink looks more harmonic when using Bingie home layout rather than big modern vertical (like in my setup)
2) finally we got a time bar in non-bingie PVR OSD!!! Would be possible to make it longer or could it conflicts with other osd layout options which I don't use and I'm not considering? Also, if you could add a Remaining time label would be very useful
3) Sorry, completely forgot about it since I regularly use big vertical home layout. Auto-preview option has no effects on my end (could be my fault) and I'm facing same two bugs reported by Seattle2Nashville (even if I'm using a different PVR client). But overall you're on the good way, it looks definitely better than 1.0.2 version

(2019-07-10, 19:37)Seattle2Nashville Wrote:
(2019-07-10, 04:15)cartman.dos Wrote: Titan BINGIE v1.03-RC1THIS VERSION IS FOR TESTING PURPOSES, PLEASE BE AWARE!

This update is pretty massive, as it includes massive rewrites of complete sections in the skin or code, added features, bug fixing and so on.
Due to the extensive work that has been done from v1.02,
It'll be great if you guys could try this release candidate and report about bugs that/if you've noticed and I may have missed (with detailed description, please).
You may also give your feedback on the new stuff/cosmetics/performance, I always try to listen to your requests but note that at this point I only intend to address bugs and such to support the release.

Skin Helper Widgets
I've also released an update for skin helper widgets, that adds a new widget that is now used by default in bingie (if you're not installing fresh you have to reset menu to default or set the widget manually via skin helper widgets node). This widget is 'Continue Watching Episodes' and it comes to replace the use of 'Next Episodes'.
The change is delicate but important - it will fetch the last played episodes and will return them for you to continue or the next episode after the last one you watched. Difference is that 'Next Episodes' is returning episodes only for unwatched tvshows (so no re-watch) AND it returns the next UNWATCHED episode, so if you've fallen asleep and tv kept going or your gf want to watch a different episode or you just want to re-watch the series you won't be able with 'Next episodes'. In sum, it's like the continue watching widget for netflix.

CHANGES/NEW FEATURES
I'm not going to list ALL the changes (I honestly don't even remember at this point), but I'll list the main ones that come to mind and will update whenever I think of one that I've forgot about:
- Bingie home complete rewrite including the spotlight
- Most of the default widgets are now library-based/built-in for FASTER widget loading (Built-in 'Categories', 'My List' widgets have been added to widget choice dialog).
- Fixed Vertical movement redesigned and improved
- 2 new viewtypes - Bingie Main Landscape & Bingie Main Poster
- New: Categories Hub, used with the BUILT-IN categories widgets
- New Video buttons layout, OSD panel and functionality, also supports live tv (Bingie Video OSD in settings), new seek indicators
- OSD new functionality features: Rated mpaa pop-up right after playing, auto-close osd (transitioned from sh based to built in), auto pause when osd shows.
- New Hub: PVR Hub, with widgets for last played, channels, recordings and 'categories'. New layouts for information to channels and option to auto-preview channels (under general settings->trailers->allow pvr preview)
- New episodes tag supported in posters as well
- Improved 'Watch X now' logic, will now show 'Watch Season [last added season] Now' for tv show that has new episodes.
- REMOVED: forced views has been removed (it's a buggy mess), also some skin helper functions has either been removed or replaced with built-in skin to improve functionality and performance

This are mostly the new stuff, at least the ones that I can think of now,
beside that there has been major cosmetic changes, bug fixes, improvements, etc...

watch gallery
Titan BINGIE v1.03-RC1Skin Helper Widgets v1.1.2 (it's also on the official repo)

Love a lot of the changes, too many to mention so I'll just start with the buggy things lol

Keep in mind, I did a fresh install of bingie and all of the skin helper dependencies

PVR: 

1. The PVR Hub 'ActivateWindow(1113,return)' has no widgets in it for me. I've reset the menu and added it again and am only seeing the message about adding videos to my library, although I already have videos added to my library and they're showing in widgets on the home hub. 

That being said, the Live TV 'ActivateWindow(1116,return)', which used to take me directly to live TV or the guide, is now a hub with Recently Watched, Channels, Recording and a Live & Radio widget. The hub looks okay but it's mostly black space at the top. I'll post a picture on this to make sure it's how you intended. Might be a bug on my end

ImageImage

2. The PVR hubs automatic preview starts a video for about half a second and stops and sometimes it plays a little longer but for the most part, for me, it's unusable. I'm using a TVMosaic/DVB Link backend if that helps?

Maybe give an option for a still image preview?

Other changes:

1. Continue Watching Episodes is working great for me, I really like the change and it seems like it's loading faster

2. The transparent notification panel when there is an image beneath it is awesome, looks really clean. May have always been that way? I could've accidently changed the color of mine in the past lol

3. The new episode tag on posters is great

4. Not sure how I feel about the smaller posters, it was nice having them larger and an option for people who were struggling to see the landscape layout but I feel like in a week I'll forget about it

5. The new vertical movement looks great

6. The larger thumbail in the top spotlight portion looks really good, probably is why the posters are smaller?

7. Categories and My-List being built in are really fast, noticed this in the dev repo and 1.03 WIP, so I'm glad they made it

8. Following up #5. Are 'my list' and 'categories' the only new "built-in" widgets or are there more?

9. I have no option for a "categories hub" but I do have a categories widget, am I missing something?

10. On getting rid of fixed views, I agree it was a mess and removing it works fine for local content but browing through addons forces you to change the view for basically every page as you browse

11. Is it possible to set Movies Hub to Bingie Main Posters and TV Hubs to Bingie Main Landscape independtly of each other?

12. Oh, I really like the change in the loading icon in the top right, it reflects the progress instead of just spinning

13. The new OSD is great with the buttons in the top left just like netflix on an xbox or android box, the new seek indicator is awesome as well

14. Also not sure why this is happening but I can't seem to fix it. The info panel is missing all of the buttons, play * episode, more episodes, more info, cast, etc.

Anyway, all in all a great update imho just a couple bugs. Thx for all your work man!

Try deleting the skin folder entirely and reinstalling the .3 RC to see if that fixes your buttons issue. I had a strange issue of all my widgets dissapearing when copying my build from my nvidia shield to my mi boxes whenever doing a rewrite of the menu shortcuts. The widgets just completely dissapear from my home screen deleting the skin folder and reinstalling fixes the issue but dont know why. Not sure if its the kodi 19 Bingie apk if its a difference in a 64 and 32 bit system or something to do with the skin. It doesnt happen on my sheild so im thinking its the difference in systems but IDK.

https://youtu.be/fX_16uyucTw

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - daking1512 - 2019-07-11

Awesome Skin, and Thanks for the updates,

Just two questions, 

first of all I have made a fresh installation of your theme and did the initial setup that the skin asks for, no previous themes were installed

1- is there a way to lock a layout for a certain view across all video addons?, lets say anywhere there is a "TV Shows" section in some X and Y addons and i want the bingie main view to be locked every time I view a list of TV shows regardless of the addon, same thing if i enter a TV show I want the Binge Episode view regardless of the addon. because right now when I set a view it only sets it for one particular TV Show/Addon and i have to do it over and over again every time i view a show/movie (like a better forced views from the 1.0.2 version, i know the last time we had it it was buggy)

2- Im having problems with the Binigie episode view, I cant get it to look like Picture 11 in the imgur gallery you posted with the update (seasons and episodes in one picture), this is what I get
https://imgur.com/a/MLGyt4e

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/MLGyt4e" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/MLGyt4e"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

any help is appreciated

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - Seattle2Nashville - 2019-07-11

(2019-07-11, 00:32)daking1512 Wrote: Awesome Skin, and Thanks for the updates,

Just two questions, 

first of all I have made a fresh installation of your theme and did the initial setup that the skin asks for, no previous themes were installed

1- is there a way to lock a layout for a certain view across all video addons?, lets say anywhere there is a "TV Shows" section in some X and Y addons and i want the bingie main view to be locked every time I view a list of TV shows regardless of the addon, same thing if i enter a TV show I want the Binge Episode view regardless of the addon. because right now when I set a view it only sets it for one particular TV Show/Addon and i have to do it over and over again every time i view a show/movie (like a better forced views from the 1.0.2 version, i know the last time we had it it was buggy)

2- Im having problems with the Binigie episode view, I cant get it to look like Picture 11 in the imgur gallery you posted with the update (seasons and episodes in one picture), this is what I get
https://imgur.com/a/MLGyt4e

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/MLGyt4e" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/MLGyt4e"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

any help is appreciated
To answer #2, you can only have seasons and episodes together if the content is in your library or if the addon you're using flattens seasons

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - 3500 - 2019-07-11

(2019-07-10, 22:34)cscott1 Wrote: https://youtu.be/fX_16uyucTw

i agree with you too, at least there's an option for user to choosing the size of fanart spotlight in settings

please thinking about it again, the fanart cutted very much, please decreased the size 15% at least

or can you tell us, to tweak about it on .xml file @cartman.dos ?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - dr.becher - 2019-07-11

Hello,

First of all many thanks for the excellent work. The skin is absolutely great!
I have a small question or request. The sound of the movies is very important to me and the Bingie view shows the resolution (UHD, HD,...) and the channels (5.1, 7.1,...) as on the picture.

Is it possible to vary this? AC3, ATMOS, DTS:X or DTS-HD instead of 5.1, 7.1 etc.? or maybe 4K instead of UHD?
Could I change something like this myself?

Greetings
BecherImage

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - neurosis13 - 2019-07-11

(2019-07-10, 17:42)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-10, 17:27)scofield272 Wrote: Hi Cartman
great stuff, one thing i do noticed is that the Fanart in Bingie 1.03 has too much Zoom-In in Bingie view, here is 2 examples how movies's Fanart looks on 1.02 VS 1.03 (for some Movie's Fanarts this is critical) :

In Order of disappearance
https://ibb.co/VMWPLLX 1.03
https://ibb.co/T8F47wM  1.02

US
https://ibb.co/1MxXCc7 1.03
https://ibb.co/hsZWdCD 1.02 

Hey man, I'm aware of that 'scaling issue'. I do like it better now than it was, the scaling can be solved with a better diffuse img, need to check if I can find one, graphics is not my expertise.
(2019-07-10, 17:36)louisefindlay23 Wrote: Aww, Sad. That's one of my favourite parts on the Next Episodes widgets. I can decide which episode to play depending on how exciting the plot sounds. 
That's the design I chose here. If you're mid-watching a tv show you should know what's it about, aren't you? for 'choosing' what to watch, just put a tvshow widget, not an episode (makes more sense...)    

maybe a row of landscape images needs to go to save the fanarts
Netflix seems to go the same way, at least on their web version I couldn't find one single page where there are 2 rows of landscape images,
could that would solve the problem? 

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - User 436809 - 2019-07-11

@cartman.dos I just tried out the new RC version. I had some thoughts. It would be nice if there were an option to mark a show as an Netflix Original or an Netflix Movie; And when you Mark it. The skin will add the N Series or the N Film like the current Netflix Has. It would also be awesome if there was an option inside of the settings to disable text on pause while playing a video on the OSD. I also find that the huge pause button on the right hand side of the screen is to large (would be nice if it were possible to disable that as well.)