Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - User 436809 - 2019-07-11

(2019-07-11, 20:05)Seattle2Nashville Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 19:50)Zachary.Murphy Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 18:36)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: I think the intent is to be as close to the xbox/ smart TV/ Android TV/ large display versions of Netflix. The layout on the web is intended for smaller screens..  

I however, do agree with both-sides of conversation here. Even though the intent is to be as close to the Xbox / Smart TV / Android TV / Large Display Versions of Netflix it would still be nice to attempt to implement some features for the layout of the Smaller Devices. Otherwise, it wouldn't exactly be Netflix would it?  

I think for the sake of not making the skin too heavy, it has to be an entirely separate project. Like "Bingie for Mobile"

We talked about it a while back and I'm sure it will happen but this version has been the focus for a while 

Ah Okay. I can understand why it hasn't been implemented yet. It makes logical sense. Because for my Raspberry Pi's that I own and run this skin on the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B has huge amounts of trouble running this skin even with enabling "Adjust Settings for Low Performance". But however, my Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ and my Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Have no trouble with running this skin with or without the "Adjust Settings for Low Performance" enabled or disabled. I agree with the sake of my Raspberry Pi 3 Model B overheating or getting destroyed because of Titan BINGIE could be too heavy with adding in Mobile Compatibility.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - louisefindlay23 - 2019-07-11

(2019-07-11, 18:36)Seattle2Nashville Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 12:30)neurosis13 Wrote: maybe a row of landscape images needs to go to save the fanarts
Netflix seems to go the same way, at least on their web version I couldn't find one single page where there are 2 rows of landscape images,
could that would solve the problem? 

I think the intent is to be as close to the xbox/ smart TV/ Android TV/ large display versions of Netflix. The layout on the web is intended for smaller screens.. 

I however, do agree with both-sides of conversation here. Even though the intent is to be as close to the Xbox / Smart TV / Android TV / Large Display Versions of Netflix it would still be nice to attempt to implement some features for the layout of the Smaller Devices. Otherwise, it wouldn't exactly be Netflix would it?

One of the reasons, Titan and it’s offshoot, Bingie is my favourite skin is because it’s very customisable and it gives a lot of options to the user.

The "Adjust Settings for Low Performance" doesn't really do anything I figured out. I have a feeling however, that it has to do with that Setting Option attempting to change "Titan'ssettings rather than Binges as well. Because as I have looked inside of the settings there are many options that could of been disabled when you enabled the "Adjust Settings for Low Performance". But however, it basically does nothing.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - Seattle2Nashville - 2019-07-11

(2019-07-11, 20:10)Zachary.Murphy Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 20:02)Seattle2Nashville Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 18:36)Zachary.Murphy Wrote: Thank you. I appreciate the quick response and the help.  
I thought there was less glow in 1.03RC1 but I'm looking at it now and It looks the same. Maybe there's a setting to reduce it? not sure, my bad on the misinformation  

It's Okay.

Sorry, if this question has already been answered but how can I get more than 8 Widgets? I have a feeling this question has already been answered by cartman.dos but I can't find it within this thread. What, I am hoping to use the other widgets for is to re-create an Netflix Look & Feel to Accuracy with semi to all the same Widgets as my Canadian Netflix Smart TV Service has. Or attempt to get closest to it. 

Hubs can only have 8 Widgets a piece. If you use the home hub you can add as many to it as you want, its just a bit confusing. If you fill in the widget sections in skin setting>configure shortcuts it'll look like you're adding them to other hubs but you are really adding them to the home page. Basically add widgets to the movie and tv show hubs in skin>configure shortcuts and they will show on the home hub even though they say something else. Simple way for you to get what I'm saying is go skin settings> skin shortcuts and add 1 widget to tv shows and 1 widget to movies, go back out the home page and hit the home hub. Wait till it overwrites you're menu and you should see them

(2019-07-11, 20:18)Zachary.Murphy Wrote: The "Adjust Settings for Low Performance" doesn't really do anything I figured out. I have a feeling however, that it has to do with that Setting Option attempting to change "Titan'ssettings rather than Binges as well. Because as I have looked inside of the settings there are many options that could of been disabled when you enabled the "Adjust Settings for Low Performance". But however, it basically does nothing.

Don't use that feature. It completely removes the ability to change a heavier settings. I think it causes more problems than it's worth

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - louisefindlay23 - 2019-07-11

(2019-07-11, 20:15)Zachary.Murphy Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 20:05)Seattle2Nashville Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 19:50)Zachary.Murphy Wrote: I however, do agree with both-sides of conversation here. Even though the intent is to be as close to the Xbox / Smart TV / Android TV / Large Display Versions of Netflix it would still be nice to attempt to implement some features for the layout of the Smaller Devices. Otherwise, it wouldn't exactly be Netflix would it?  

I think for the sake of not making the skin too heavy, it has to be an entirely separate project. Like "Bingie for Mobile"

We talked about it a while back and I'm sure it will happen but this version has been the focus for a while 

Ah Okay. I can understand why it hasn't been implemented yet. It makes logical sense. Because for my Raspberry Pi's that I own and run this skin on the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B has huge amounts of trouble running this skin even with enabling "Adjust Settings for Low Performance". But however, my Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ and my Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Have no trouble with running this skin with or without the "Adjust Settings for Low Performance" enabled or disabled. I agree with the sake of my Raspberry Pi 3 Model B overheating or getting destroyed because of Titan BINGIE could be too heavy with adding in Mobile Compatibility.

Does your Pi 4 overheat? Mine keeps crashing on Bingie and it gets extremely hot.

(2019-07-11, 20:18)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 18:36)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: I think the intent is to be as close to the xbox/ smart TV/ Android TV/ large display versions of Netflix. The layout on the web is intended for smaller screens.. 

One of the reasons, Titan and it’s offshoot, Bingie is my favourite skin is because it’s very customisable and it gives a lot of options to the user. 

I agree here as well. I also love Bingie because of it's customization features and how it gives a lot of options to the user. Which is one reason why I think there should be more options as in how many widgets you can have. Like Instead of 8 have 32. Because on Netflix in Canada there are by default 32 Widgets there. And in Bingie, The only way I can add more widgets is by adding another Shortcut which I don't want. I only want 1 Shortcut with the option of 32 Widgets as Maximum. I have managed to add at one point to allow Bingie to have 32 Widgets and it didn't downgrade any performance or use any performance difference between 8 Widgets and 32 Widgets. I also do know the one thing that takes Bingie from the difference from Netflix is without the Original Series and Original Film Logos.

(2019-07-11, 20:22)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 20:05)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: I think for the sake of not making the skin too heavy, it has to be an entirely separate project. Like "Bingie for Mobile"

Does your Pi 4 overheat? Mine keeps crashing on Bingie and it gets extremely hot. 

My Raspberry Pi 4 just overheats. But I have recently repaired the issue by purchasing an case from Amazon that has a fan built into it. It also helps my Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+. I still have to purchase one for my 3 B.

(2019-07-11, 20:21)Seattle2Nashville Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 20:18)Zachary.Murphy Wrote: The "Adjust Settings for Low Performance" doesn't really do anything I figured out. I have a feeling however, that it has to do with that Setting Option attempting to change "Titan'ssettings rather than Binges as well. Because as I have looked inside of the settings there are many options that could of been disabled when you enabled the "Adjust Settings for Low Performance". But however, it basically does nothing.

Don't use that feature. It completely removes the ability to change a heavier settings. I think it causes more problems than it's worth 

That's exactly what it does. It just causes more problems than it's worth. Which makes me think it is attempting to change Titan's Settings rather than Bingies. Something else to look into.

(2019-07-11, 20:19)Seattle2Nashville Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 20:02)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: I thought there was less glow in 1.03RC1 but I'm looking at it now and It looks the same. Maybe there's a setting to reduce it? not sure, my bad on the misinformation  

It's Okay.

Sorry, if this question has already been answered but how can I get more than 8 Widgets? I have a feeling this question has already been answered by cartman.dos but I can't find it within this thread. What, I am hoping to use the other widgets for is to re-create an Netflix Look & Feel to Accuracy with semi to all the same Widgets as my Canadian Netflix Smart TV Service has. Or attempt to get closest to it.  

Hubs can only have 8 Widgets a piece. If you use the home hub you can add as many to it as you want, its just a bit confusing. If you fill in the widget sections in skin setting>configure shortcuts it'll look like you're adding them to other hubs but you are really adding them to the home page. Basically add widgets to the movie and tv show hubs in skin>configure shortcuts and they will show on the home hub even though they say something else. Simple way for you to get what I'm saying is go skin settings> skin shortcuts and add 1 widget to tv shows and 1 widget to movies, go back out the home page and hit the home hub. Wait till it overwrites you're menu and you should see them 

I understand your point there, but however it shouldn't be so confusing to complete.

@cartman.dos would you be able to add commented code that we can uncomment to get forced views back?

(2019-07-11, 20:26)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: @cartman.dos would you be able to add commented code that we can uncomment to get forced views back?

Ye, I would also love forced views to be back.

(2019-07-11, 20:22)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 20:05)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: I think for the sake of not making the skin too heavy, it has to be an entirely separate project. Like "Bingie for Mobile"

If you would like, I could send you the case I purchased that solved my Raspberry Pi 4 from getting extremely hot and shutting itself off into boot safety mode.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-07-11

(2019-07-11, 20:02)Seattle2Nashville Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 18:36)Zachary.Murphy Wrote: Thank you. I appreciate the quick response and the help.  
I thought there was less glow in 1.03RC1 but I'm looking at it now and It looks the same. Maybe there's a setting to reduce it? not sure, my bad on the misinformation  

It's Okay.

I have 33 widgets and very few shortcuts and am able to emulate Netflix quite nicely. Search Home Movies TV shows and Adult. If you want it to be just like Netflix you should want the shortcuts.

(2019-07-11, 20:31)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 20:02)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: I thought there was less glow in 1.03RC1 but I'm looking at it now and It looks the same. Maybe there's a setting to reduce it? not sure, my bad on the misinformation  

It's Okay.

I have 33 widgets and very few shortcuts and am able to emulate Netflix quite nicely. Search Home Movies TV shows and Adult. If you want it to be just like Netflix you should want the shortcuts. 

However, how did you manage to receive 33 Widgets? Because, I am unable too.