Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - User 436809 - 2019-07-13

(2019-07-13, 20:25)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-07-13, 20:07)Video Titles Wrote: As for the past few comments in relation to making alterations, I think that like me you are over thinking things.

I love this skin, as most of us do, however it is not Netflix and it never will be, it is Kodi. I had a free trial of Netflix and I thought that the select was rubbish, however despite hating black Kodi skins, and was glad for more colorful or even just plain white. I was still using Kodi.

I am still using Kodi now and of course buying and ripping (coughs, coughs even more, and COUGHS even louder) all of my DVD's and Blu ray's.

However, there is part of my brain, no matter how much coughing I do, it just does not feel the same, and it never will do. If it is free and easy, then you are married, if you have to pay for it, then it gives you a better buzz. Divorce and breaking up excluded from this.

Yes if you want a 100% clone, then this is 1% imperfect, however when you turn on circular navigation, change the start up intro videos, then you can almost forget that it is Kodi.

If I had a guest come visit, then the majority of people might not tell the difference, but because you know that it is Kodi, it is always in your head.

Lol you are 100% right of course but its kind of become an obsession for us Netflix/Bingie fans at this point too far down the rabbit hole to turn back now. 
Ye. I also have to agree with you as well. It has basically become an obsession. As I consider it within my reaches of the remote control. There isn't much that is different between Netflix & Bingie. But it is a really great and amazingly well copied version of Netflix. I probably however, do know how to implement an Database for Netflix Originals and Netflix Movies that could then be utilized by Titan Bingie to add an N Series (Netflix Original Series) or an N Film (Netflix Original Films) which the N Image could be optionally changed within the settings. It might seem like an crazy insane idea but that would complete the last 1% missing from Titan Bingie that does not make it Netflix. There are websites all over the Internet specifically one I know of that has an JSON Database that has all of the main online streaming services original series lists, including but not limited to Amazon Prime Video, CBS Studios, Netflix and all of those main services. It also includes an list of Movies & TV Series from Network & Service Providers. In my opinion, that specific website is an amazing resource for finding details on TV Shows, Movies, Movie Providers, and all of those major essential information.

(2018-08-22, 02:33)cartman.dos Wrote: Built-In Search
In addition to what's available by default, you can also add search results for music videos / music (artists/albums/songs) and results from youtube.
If the keyboard does not fit your needs, you can enable 'complete keyboard' option that will add a keyboard icon in search window that will take you to the full keyboard layout.
For Nvidia shield users - after opening up the 'complete keyboard' a long-press on any keyboard key will open the google assistant so you could record your search query.
I was just considering it would be amazing if we had an Global Search Widget that spread across the screen. Therefore, meaning the Search Bar would be the length of the visible part of on Widget Row. So, therefore you could have the Spotlight on the top of the screen, and then an Continue Watching Widget, and then a Search Widget. That would be an cool addition to within the skin itself.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - Video Titles - 2019-07-13

Just do what I have done I have taken the netflix black text, I have that as a splash screen and then I downloaded this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs-1_HNALhw

So when I load up, it hits static screen then animation.

If I walked in and saw it in action, I would not know the difference, but because I know what is running, then I can semi forget.

You can even change the logo for the back end to replace the bingie if you so wish.

I still know that it is Kodi though lol

(2019-07-13, 20:37)Video Titles Wrote: Just do what I have done I have taken the Netflix black text, I have that as a splash screen and then I downloaded this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs-1_HNALhw

So when I load up, it hits static screen then animation.

If I walked in and saw it in action, I would not know the difference, but because I know what is running, then I can semi forget.

You can even change the logo for the back end to replace the bingie if you so wish.

I still know that it is Kodi though lol
Nice, idea. However, I think my intro is going to make me think it isn't Kodi At All.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - louisefindlay23 - 2019-07-13

(2019-07-13, 20:07)Video Titles Wrote: As for the past few comments in relation to making alterations, I think that like me you are over thinking things.

I love this skin, as most of us do, however it is not netflix and it never will be, it is Kodi. I had a free trial of netflix and I thought that the select was rubbish, however despite hating black Kodi skins, and was glad for more colourful or even just plain white. I was still using Kodi.

I am still using Kodi now and of course buying and ripping (coughs, coughs even more, and COUGHS even louder) all of my DVD's and Bluray's.

However, there is part of my brain, no matter how much coughing I do, it just does not feel the same, and it never will do. If it is free and easy, then you are married, if you have to pay for it, then it gives you a better buzz. Divorce and breaking up excluded from this.

Yes if you want a 100% clone, then this is 1% imperfect, however when you turn on circular navigation, change the start up intro videos, then you can almost forget that it is Kodi.

If I had a guest come visit, then the majority of people might not tell the difference, but because you know that it is Kodi, it is always in your head.

Some great points. Personally, I've never subbed to Netflix or seen their UI. I just like Bingie because it's a highly customisable Kodi skin where you can view episode plot details on widgets and has multiple widget support as well as PVR artwork lookup support. I also love how you can view all widgets from home, they're not segregated into specific TV Show/Movie pages like some skins. Previously, I used fuse(neue) but it didn't have multiple widget row support or a home view with all widgets. I love Bingie because 99% of the time I can just go up, down, left and right to what I want to watch, read the plot and then press ok to instantly play.

@cartman.dos Here are the OSD Images, plus some new Shadow Images, and some little extra images just if you ever wanted to or ever needed them later on.

Click Here - Files expire 1 Week From Today. (Meaning, files will be deleted from the file share host 1 week from today; If you need the images past the maximum selected time just tag me asking for the files, and i'll upload them to a service like GitHub or GitLab.

These images, are exact duplicates from the Netflix (Android TV / Smart TV) Views.

(2019-07-13, 21:03)louisefindlay23 Wrote:

I love this skin, as most of us do, however it is not netflix and it never will be, it is Kodi. I had a free trial of netflix and I thought that the select was rubbish, however despite hating black Kodi skins, and was glad for more colourful or even just plain white. I was still using Kodi.

I am still using Kodi now and of course buying and ripping (coughs, coughs even more, and COUGHS even louder) all of my DVD's and Bluray's.

Some great points. Personally, I've never subbed to Netflix or seen their UI. I just like Bingie because it's a highly customization Kodi skin where you can view episode plot details on widgets and has multiple widget support as well as PVR artwork lookup support. I also love how you can view all widgets from home, they're not segregated into specific TV Show/Movie pages like some skins. Previously, I used fuse(neue) but it didn't have multiple widget row support or a home view with all widgets. I love Bingie because 99% of the time I can just go up, down, left and right to what I want to watch, read the plot and then press okay to instantly play. 

I have to agree with you again, @louisefindlay23. I also as well used to use fuse(neue) but as you said, it didn't have multiple widget rows support or a nice clean home view. I also tried using other skins such as SiO2 but it just didn't really work for me. And then later on I found Titan Bingie, and I fell into love with the skin; And have never regretted changing interfaces / skins since.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-07-14

(2019-07-13, 19:44)scofield272 Wrote:
(2019-07-13, 19:34)Zachary.Murphy Wrote:
(2019-07-13, 19:22)cscott1 Wrote: I agree im going to dig into .2 code now that i know what to change and just apply the old lines of code to .3 to get the old spotlight back love all the new stuff but the RC zoom is not for me.   

Could you please let us know if you successfully manage to change the 1.0.3 spotlight back to the 1.0.2 spotlight version? Please.   

here, just chage this under "<!-- Spotlight Image -->"  at IncludesBingie.xml"

<!-- spotlight image [16:9] -->
                <control type="image">
                    <include>Dim_On_Menu_Animation</include>
                    <visible>Skin.HasSetting(BingieHomeShowLargeThumb) + !ControlGroup(505).HasFocus() + !Player.HasVideo</visible>
                    <right>0</right>
                    <top>0</top>
                    <texture background="true" diffuse="special://home/addons/resource.images.backgroundoverlays.basic/resources/Right Corner.png">$INFO[Control.GetLabel(99004)]</texture>
                    <fadetime>550</fadetime>
                    <width>1400</width>
                    <height>850</height>
                    <aspectratio scalediffuse="true" aligny="top">scale</aspectratio>
                    <animation effect="fade" end="0" time="500">Hidden</animation>
                    <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="1200">Visible</animation>
                </control>

and this under "<!-- fanart background image -->"  in IncludeDialogInfo:

<control type="image">
                    <visible>![String.IsEqual(Window(Home).Property(TrailerPlaying), windowed)]</visible>
                    <visible>!$EXP[IsPlayingRecognizedContent]</visible>
                    <right>0</right>
                    <top>0</top>
                    <width>1400</width>
                    <height>787</height>
                    <texture background="true" diffuse="special://home/addons/resource.images.backgroundoverlays.basic/resources/Right Corner.png">$VAR[fanartBackground]</texture>
                </control>

and you have the scales of 1.02,

but personally I really rather the bigger scale of 1.03, just need to find the right fitSmile 

I used these values and sure enough the spotlight pictures on the home page and info screen are back to .2 size but the shadowing on the left on the spotlight on the home page is way too big any idea how to shrink it back down to size?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - User 436809 - 2019-07-14

(2019-07-14, 00:56)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-07-13, 19:44)scofield272 Wrote:
(2019-07-13, 19:34)Zachary.Murphy Wrote: Could you please let us know if you successfully manage to change the 1.0.3 spotlight back to the 1.0.2 spotlight version? Please.   

here, just chage this under "<!-- Spotlight Image -->"  at IncludesBingie.xml"

<control type="image">
                    <visible>Skin.HasSetting(BingieHomeShowLargeThumb) + !ControlGroup(505).HasFocus() + !Player.HasVideo</visible>
                    <right>0</right>
                    <top>0</top>
                    <texture background="true" diffuse="special://home/addons/resource.images.backgroundoverlays.basic/resources/Right Corner.png">$INFO[Control.GetLabel(99004)]</texture>
                    <fadetime>550</fadetime>
                    <width>1400</width>
                    <height>850</height>
                </control>

<control type="image">
                    <visible>![String.IsEqual(Window(Home).Property(TrailerPlaying), windowed)]</visible>
                    <right>0</right>
                    <top>0</top>
                    <width>1400</width>
                    <height>787</height>
                    <texture background="true" diffuse="special://home/addons/resource.images.backgroundoverlays.basic/resources/Right Corner.png">$VAR[fanartBackground]</texture>
                </control>

but personally I really rather the bigger scale of 1.03, just need to find the right fitSmile  

I used these values and sure enough the spotlight pictures on the home page and info screen are back to .2 size but the shadowing on the left on the spotlight on the home page is way too big any idea how to shrink it back down to size? 

Ah, interesting affects you have recieved. I am going to play around with the shadowing for you to see if I can shrink it back down to the proper 1.0.2 size.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - Seattle2Nashville - 2019-07-14

(2019-07-13, 19:30)Zachary.Murphy Wrote:
(2019-07-13, 19:27)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-07-10, 17:42)cartman.dos Wrote:  Hey man, I'm aware of that 'scaling issue'. I do like it better now than it was, the scaling can be solved with a better diffuse img, need to check if I can find one, graphics is not my expertise.
That's the design I chose here. If you're mid-watching a tv show you should know what's it about, aren't you? for 'choosing' what to watch, just put a tvshow widget, not an episode (makes more sense...)  
But then it doesn't autoplay the next episode. One more click to the prcoess. Anyway, is there any way to overwrite the XML? 

I agree with @louisefindlay23 it is just one more click for the process. I also extremely dislike how it doesn't auto-play the next episode, that was one of the main features of this skin I enjoyed the most. 
I actually really like that it goes to the info screen. Sometimes I want the next episode or sometimes I've fallen asleep and need to go back. If the latter is the case, getting to previous episodes becomes cumbersome

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - Seattle2Nashville - 2019-07-14

Is any one having problems with clear art on Bingie 1.0.3RC1?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - scofield272 - 2019-07-14

(2019-07-14, 01:06)Zachary.Murphy Wrote:
(2019-07-14, 00:56)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-07-13, 19:44)scofield272 Wrote: here, just chage this under "<!-- Spotlight Image -->"  at IncludesBingie.xml"

<control type="image">
                    <right>0</right>
                    <top>0</top>
                    <fadetime>550</fadetime>
                    <width>1400</width>
                    <height>850</height>
                </control>

<control type="image">
                    <right>0</right>
                    <top>0</top>
                    <width>1400</width>
                    <height>787</height>
                </control>

Ah, interesting affects you have recieved. I am going to play around with the shadowing for you to see if I can shrink it back down to the proper 1.0.2 size.  

Hi mate, I just noticed that the <height> </height> parameters are not equal in the BingieHome and the IncludesBingie, probably got change during my code playing, just make them both equal to  <height>787</height> and you should be good to go, let me know if it doesn't work.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - scofield272 - 2019-07-14

Hi Cartman
I'am have toruble to get the TV show air status like i see in your 1.03 pics attached, https://imgur.com/a/We2Yr7t , for me it doesn't show there, any advise please?

cheers.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-07-14

(2019-07-13, 18:36)cartman.dos Wrote: all this small tweaks aren't the best solution and won't yield the previous result, I've played a bit with the diffuse image and got it a little better but to solve that I need a better diffuse image for the corner image.
That's an layer of gradient for the image itself used to mask it. the issue with the current one is that the gradient is too 'soft' so it takes a lot of the border (left and bottom).
Anyone with graphics skill/better-than-me-search-google-abilities could find/make one. test it out by replacing the texture diffuse mask and send me to share, till now haven't found a better replacement.

I missed your comment somehow... Thanks for the heads up and you are right results were not the same. Oh well I'll leave it in more capable hands.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - mardukL - 2019-07-14

(2019-07-13, 18:36)cartman.dos Wrote: all this small tweaks aren't the best solution and won't yield the previous result, I've played a bit with the diffuse image and got it a little better but to solve that I need a better diffuse image for the corner image.
That's an layer of gradient for the image itself used to mask it. the issue with the current one is that the gradient is too 'soft' so it takes a lot of the border (left and bottom).
Anyone with graphics skill/better-than-me-search-google-abilities could find/make one. test it out by replacing the texture diffuse mask and send me to share, till now haven't found a better replacement.

unsure about the "progress" for a new image.

i use
diffuse/netflixnornerdiffuse.png
you ll need to decompile my textures.xbt

it'll dont cut off to much of the bottom abd left side and keep a smooth gradient to the "fullscreen background" , espeacially if you dont use a black bg color.