Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - louisefindlay23 - 2019-07-18

(2019-07-17, 21:37)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-07-17, 21:04)Seattle2Nashville Wrote:
(2019-07-17, 17:18)cartman.dos Wrote: Didn't quite get what the issue here exactly?  
@cartman.dos 
Look at the images I linked. In 1.0.2 clear logos work for content from addons, in 1.0.3RC-1 they don't. The legion show in spotlight is pulled from an addon. It is not local content. In the pictures, one has the clear logo as the title (1.0.2) the other uses plain text (1.0.3RC-1). Exact same setup, just different versions of Bingie

Edit: I just realized I labeled the picture backwards on that link.. Here's are pictures properly labled 

https://imgur.com/a/BM4fs9Q

I noticed this morning messing around with artwork beef that a new user key from KyraDB is required to get a lot of the fanart from fanart tv. Not sure if that is your issue but worth taking a look at.

Yeah, I had that error a few weeks ago. Thanks for reminding mr because that's why I'm not getting artwork on my other boxes.

(2019-07-17, 21:50)cartman.dos Wrote: Titan BINGIE v1.0.3-RC2
(for testing purposes)

this is a follow-up version where I hope most of your feedback and bug-reports have been solved, and few others that I've noticed in this time.
I've decided to implement a forced view feature even though I did not mean to add any more NEW features beside bug fixes/small tweaks.

To use forced views,
1) you need to be inside a media type that you want to lock (episodes/seasons/movies/tvshows/addons/etc...).
2) set the view you wish to lock.
3) open context menu, click the 'lock view'.
4) forced view should now apply for this media type, and can be unlocked from context menu.

Options/Settings changes:
- Low Performance removed for Bingie layout
- Auto close of videoosd can be turned on/off in video playback options (hardcoded for 4 sec delay)
- Option for 'force stop video playback when pressing back' is now enabled by default, this new setting stops player if pressing back from full-screen video and player is NOT playing live TV.

DOWNLOAD

Love the stop playback when pressing back. I have someone that always presses back instead of stop so it will be very helpful. Will have to try lock views. I tried the previous forced views but it was very buggy for me resulting in a black screen so turbed it off.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-07-18

(2019-07-18, 08:01)daking1512 Wrote:
(2019-07-16, 02:46)cartman.dos Wrote: It's not, they are using different method to achieve this. I'm guessing that it doesn't work on ur end since it's addon-sourced and this is working for library items exclusively.
Maybe I could use a the other method as fallback for addons but I'm not inclined to do so because it's bug prone due to specific structure assumption.

I know youre probably gonna super annoyed cuz of me by now, but if you can consider adding it as an option id be (as well as other video addon users) infinitely grateful for this perfect skin, especially after today's RC2 release, everything works perfectly

or if you can guide me on how to modify parts of the skin to add that functionality that would be great too. all im doing now is comparing the netflix season view implementation between titan mod and bingie but im so confused

Thank you again for this amazing skin 

It's all in good spirit, look, I'm willing to give it a chance but - 
1) is your source an addon?
2) if it is, I need a LEGIT addon that works for you in titan mod episodes' view, for testing how to make it work.

(2019-07-18, 16:18)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-16, 02:46)cartman.dos Wrote: It's not, they are using different method to achieve this. I'm guessing that it doesn't work on ur end since it's addon-sourced and this is working for library items exclusively.
Maybe I could use a the other method as fallback for addons but I'm not inclined to do so because it's bug prone due to specific structure assumption.

I know youre probably gonna super annoyed cuz of me by now, but if you can consider adding it as an option id be (as well as other video addon users) infinitely grateful for this perfect skin, especially after today's RC2 release, everything works perfectly

or if you can guide me on how to modify parts of the skin to add that functionality that would be great too. all im doing now is comparing the netflix season view implementation between titan mod and bingie but im so confused

2) if it is, I need a LEGIT addon that works for you in titan mod episodes' view, for testing how to make it work. 
I'd be very grateful if there's any xml I can edit to get the episode plot on widgets from v1.02 to v1.03-RC2.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - User 436809 - 2019-07-18

(2019-07-18, 16:59)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-07-18, 08:01)daking1512 Wrote: I know youre probably gonna super annoyed cuz of me by now, but if you can consider adding it as an option id be (as well as other video addon users) infinitely grateful for this perfect skin, especially after today's RC2 release, everything works perfectly

I'd be very grateful if there's any xml I can edit to get the episode plot on widgets from v1.02 to v1.03-RC2. 

I would, also love to know this.

(2019-07-18, 08:01)daking1512 Wrote: I know youre probably gonna super annoyed cuz of me by now, but if you can consider adding it as an option id be (as well as other video addon users) infinitely grateful for this perfect skin, especially after today's RC2 release, everything works perfectly

basically remove this line:
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan.bingie/blob/v1.0.3-WIP/xml/IncludesHomeBingie.xml#L251

but you'll likely to have overlap issues of the plot going too far down.

removing this line will push details up:
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan.bingie/blob/v1.0.3-WIP/xml/IncludesHomeBingie.xml#L163

(2019-07-18, 17:51)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-18, 16:18)cartman.dos Wrote: It's all in good spirit, look, I'm willing to give it a chance but - 
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan.bingie/blob/v1.0.3-WIP/xml/IncludesHomeBingie.xml#L251

https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan.bingie/blob/v1.0.3-WIP/xml/IncludesHomeBingie.xml#L163 

Cool, Thank you. Cartman.dos

(2019-07-18, 17:58)Zachary.Murphy Wrote:
(2019-07-18, 17:51)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-18, 16:59)louisefindlay23 Wrote: I'd be very grateful if there's any xml I can edit to get the episode plot on widgets from v1.02 to v1.03-RC2.  

No need to be official, you can just call me Cartman  Laugh

(2019-07-18, 18:06)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-18, 17:58)Zachary.Murphy Wrote:
(2019-07-18, 17:51)cartman.dos Wrote: basically remove this line:

No need to be official, you can just call me Cartman  Laugh

Okay, sure thing.  Oo  I have an suggestion for you, inside when you select an Icon for your Menu Shortcut, I find it highly annoying how there are smaller icons and larger icons. Is there anyway, to stop showing the smaller icons and only show the normal large ones without the empty space on the sides? I suspect editing the Skin Icons - Wide would fix the problem. It is just extremely hard to find any icons within that feature.

@cartman.dos Is it possible to change these Landscape Grid View within an Custom List Shortcut to be instead an Poster Grid View? I looked within the xml files inside of Bingie however, I wasn't able to locate where Bingie is setting the grid to Landscape. May you please let me know which file inside of the xml files is setting the grid to Landscape View?

(2019-07-18, 19:07)Zachary.Murphy Wrote: @cartman.dos Is it possible to change these Landscape Grid View within an Custom List Shortcut to be instead an Poster Grid View? I looked within the xml files inside of Bingie however, I wasn't able to locate where Bingie is setting the grid to Landscape. May you please let me know which file inside of the xml files is setting the grid to Landscape View?

It's not that easy to do without messing other stuff. But it's in includeshubs file, we'll most of it.
About your previous reply - you can decompile the texture of that artwork module and adjust, and I'll update it...

(2019-07-18, 19:58)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-18, 19:07)Zachary.Murphy Wrote: @cartman.dos Is it possible to change these Landscape Grid View within an Custom List Shortcut to be instead an Poster Grid View? I looked within the xml files inside of Bingie however, I wasn't able to locate where Bingie is setting the grid to Landscape. May you please let me know which file inside of the xml files is setting the grid to Landscape View?

It's not that easy to do without messing other stuff. But it's in includeshubs file, we'll most of it.
About your previous reply - you can decompile the texture of that artwork module and adjust, and I'll update it...  

Okay, I'll start to decompile the textures of the Artwork Module shortly.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - daking1512 - 2019-07-18

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it

1) yes
2) the addon I use is OpenMeta, its a video addon that gathers video information from Trakt and TMDB and organize them the way video addons do (Movies and TV shows with Title>Season>Episodes hierarchy. the addon depends on other video addons to play video content, it doesnt play anything on its own as itll keep asking for a an addon source, it doesnt scrap or point to any illegal content and I checked the list of banned addons and its not there so I figured its safe. even the repo doesnt have any addon that scrap or point to illegal content (OpenMeta and OpenInfo)

this is how it looks on titan mod

here is the repo

Please let me know if I violated any rules

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - User 436809 - 2019-07-19

(2019-07-18, 19:58)cartman.dos Wrote: It's not that easy to do without messing other stuff. But it's in includeshubs.xml file, we'll most of it.
@cartman.dos what is the line within includeshubs.xml that sets the view-type to landscape?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - Seattle2Nashville - 2019-07-19

(2019-07-18, 02:59)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-18, 00:02)Seattle2Nashville Wrote:
(2019-07-17, 22:20)cartman.dos Wrote: if it's not exclusive to the spotlight there's another underlying issue here, no need for this test.
I've gone through the related code in v1.0.2 and v1.0.3, they're basically almost identical, can't see nothing that could cause this.

Can you use the same platform of Kodi where you had this issue and just downgrade to v1.0.2? I would be surprised if the clearlogo magically re-appears without anything else changing, and if it does - at least we know it's skin-specific. but I think that's for some reason the art is not set correctly (probably addon related - was it updated recently?) 

The last pictures I sent were on the same device, taken minutes from each other. All I did was downgrade from RC1 to 1.0.2. Nothing else. I didn't even shut down kodi in-between.

Just to be sure I tested again using 1.0.3 RC2 , here's a link with the pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/2lhnmoS 

Alright that's tough to counter as non skin specific.
First, just to make sure - clear logo is not disabled in home screen settings right?
Next, can this be reproduced somehow using a legit addon? Does it occur on one addons or all plugin sourced?
If I could reproduce this issue I could probably understand where it went wrong pretty fast so that could help.
Other than that I'll look at the code again tomorrow l, maybe missed something... 
Just wanted to get back to you on this

Addon (A) Had clear art on 1.0.2 but not on 1.0.3RC
Addon (B) Had clear art on 1.0.2 and still does on 1.0.3RC
Addon © Had clear art on 1.0.2 and still does on 1.0.3RC

The update is definitely breaking clear art/ logos on addon (A), but I'm not sure if it's the skin or the addon that's at fault. I have a buddy looking into the addon and I'll get back to you if he finds something that's helpful