Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-08-07

(2019-08-07, 18:44)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-08-07, 17:47)cartman.dos Wrote: @cscott1 , @neurosis13 - There's no zoom effect...the left edge of the image (and a little of the bottom) are 'cut' because the diffuse masks them, I basically need a better diffuse image.

Not to sound like a total idiot but if the shoe fits where it. It was a non issue with the .2 version what changed there isnt any zooming going on in .3? 

There's no zooming the spotlight image is larger by 25~% AND using a different diffuse/mask image for blending in with the bg.
I know it's not perfect but still prefer it over the v1.0.2 TBH...

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-08-07

(2019-08-07, 18:51)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-08-07, 18:44)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-08-07, 17:47)cartman.dos Wrote: @cscott1 , @neurosis13 - There's no zoom effect...the left edge of the image (and a little of the bottom) are 'cut' because the diffuse masks them, I basically need a better diffuse image.

Not to sound like a total idiot but if the shoe fits where it. It was a non issue with the .2 version what changed there isnt any zooming going on in .3? 

There's no zooming the spotlight image is larger by 25~% AND using a different diffuse/mask image for blending in with the bg.
I know it's not perfect but still prefer it over the v1.0.2 TBH...

Gotcha ok thats what i thought but was having a hard time wrapping my head around the diffuse image. In that case i respectfully request for an option in settings to use the 25% smaller spotlight if possible. Totally understand if you tell me to kick rocks but wont happen unless I ask. Thanks for everything of course.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - djneil - 2019-08-07

(2019-08-07, 18:31)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-08-07, 14:44)3500 Wrote: Your Skin.Helper.Service is having issue with mine
if i used your version on your repo, the Kodi having heavy movement, like is lagging
but if i used on repo kodi it is fine, but the Skin.Helper.Service is has error notification
and i'm using the latest version of yours again and i'm having issue again, but not having error notification

please help me sir @cartman.dos

Skin helper service is slow and laggy, it might be the case that my version just works and thus eating resources (especially the webservice).
First if you're not using UWP kodi (from windows store / XBOX) - try downgrading cherrypy (look it up in the thread, mentioned it a few times).
Second - debug log might help here.

(2019-08-07, 17:06)djneil Wrote: @cartman.dos 
Quote:2) The info on-screen can be toggled off ('i' key or 'i' button from osd bar). You can also opt for the non-bingie osd-info in settings (if you use the non-
bindgie osd, you will have option to disable the bingie osd info).
Yeah, I saw that, but when I disable the bingie osd, it is gone for all other sources, like tv shows, movies, etc. But actually for these types of media it is really nice to have a clean minimalistic osd. 
So just to clarify use non-bingie osd with more information in live tv and use the bingie osd for everything else.
If that's too much of a hassle then I can understand, I guess it's just my personal preference to have a osd at the buttom of the screen with some information about the program being played.
Quote:3) Not yet, but I think I'll set one up with the next update 
alright, I'll keep my eyes open. Smile 
I get you now, you wanted LIVE to have 1 osd and others the bingie osd...well...that's too much to do atm, don't believe it would benefit many users and I'm intending on narrowing osd to bingie exclusively so I'm sorry but this I probably won't implement. What do you feel is missing in the bingie osd for live tv?

Yes that's what I was on about
I have already imagined it would be too much to do.
Well I would like to be able to see current playing show, what is playing next and when the show ends (progress bar and end time). And that it's actually readable, as i think the text from bingie osd in .3 is pretty small .
Also the channel icon would be awesome.

I see many people don't use live TV specially when it's about making Kodi look like a netflix client.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - tantrum080 - 2019-08-08

This is the pseudotv add-on I was talking about, you could see how this add-on could work with spotlight. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kFb6S-OlYpg

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - scofield272 - 2019-08-08

Hi Cartman

is there a way i can get movies 'continue watching' layout style as there is to tv shows?

i.e. this is how episodes looks like for me in the continue watching widget : https://ibb.co/1RJHMvH
and this is how movies are shown : https://ibb.co/yhjnHDm

thanks.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - Seattle2Nashville - 2019-08-08

@cartman.dos I have ratings and studio logos on the home hub but not the movie or TV hubs. I started fresh installed bingie and one addon to populate the widgets multiple times on multiple devices and end up with the same problem. When I'm in the addon, studio logos and ratings work. On the home hub. spotlight and widgets have ratings and studio logos. The only place they dont appear is on the tv shows and movies hubs. Any ideas why this may be? Is theres something I can send you that could help?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - Seattle2Nashville - 2019-08-08

(2019-08-07, 08:31)daking1512 Wrote: Just wanted to chime in and report some bugs after making a clean kodi install and one video addon only with the latest push for the bingie skin on your github

1- Episode plot stuck in OSD: this bug only affects TV shows, and will occur regardless of the window active (home, hub, addon, etc) if
  • a. Enter a TV show from bingie info dialog by long pressing the TV show and clicking "information" from the context menu, or if the default action for home widgets is "show info"
  • b. Start an episode from bingie info dialog, either with play action set to "show info" or long pressing the episode and clicking "information" from the context menu
I tried commenting out line 7 in VideoFullScreen.xml like the suggestion in the previous page but it didnt fix it,  (it doesnt happen in TITAN Mod or AuraMOD, they both have the bingie video info dialog)

2- The kick back one directory up bug: this bug will occur to any multi level directory list (Season/Episode hierarchy included), either a local library or a video addon (it doesnt happen in TITAN Mod or AuraMOD, they both have the bingie video info panel), to reproduce 
  1. set play action to "show info" or long press a video item and from the context menu press "information"
  2. click play
you will get kicked back one directory up, while the stream is loading
the issue doesn't occur if I use the old titan video info panel (by disabling bingie video info panel) or the Extended info dialog

3- the 525 season view still doesnt work on addon sourced season/episode hierarchy like how it works on library sourced TV shows

I think this about covers every possible way to trigger every "Bingie Info dialog" related bug ever

the rest works beautifully 

For number 3: view 525 will work as expected if the addon you use allows you to "flatten seasons" in settings. If you PM me I may be able to walk you through it

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - daking1512 - 2019-08-09

(2019-08-07, 17:45)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-08-07, 08:31)daking1512 Wrote: Just wanted to chime in and report some bugs after making a clean kodi install and one video addon only with the latest push for the bingie skin on your github

1- Episode plot stuck in OSD: this bug only affects TV shows, and will occur regardless of the window active (home, hub, addon, etc) if
  • a. Enter a TV show from bingie info dialog by long pressing the TV show and clicking "information" from the context menu, or if the default action for home widgets is "show info"
  • b. Start an episode from bingie info dialog, either with play action set to "show info" or long pressing the episode and clicking "information" from the context menu
I tried commenting out line 7 in VideoFullScreen.xml like the suggestion in the previous page but it didnt fix it,  (it doesnt happen in TITAN Mod or AuraMOD, they both have the bingie video info dialog)

2- The kick back one directory up bug: this bug will occur to any multi level directory list (Season/Episode hierarchy included), either a local library or a video addon (it doesnt happen in TITAN Mod or AuraMOD, they both have the bingie video info panel), to reproduce 
  1. set play action to "show info" or long press a video item and from the context menu press "information"
  2. click play
you will get kicked back one directory up, while the stream is loading
the issue doesn't occur if I use the old titan video info panel (by disabling bingie video info panel) or the Extended info dialog

3- the 525 season view still doesnt work on addon sourced season/episode hierarchy like how it works on library sourced TV shows

I think this about covers every possible way to trigger every "Bingie Info dialog" related bug ever

the rest works beautifully    

1 - Please test this change:
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan.bingie/blob/v1.0.3-WIP/xml/MyVideoNav.xml#L11

"!String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(BaseWindow)) + String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(ListItem.TVShowID))"
->
"!String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(BaseWindow)) + String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(ListItem.TVShowID)) + !Player.HasVideo"

I can now see where the problem lies just not sure how to counter it. Bingie has a built-in feature that returns to info dialog from the episodes' view and/or fullscreen video (like netflix) which is exclusive to this skin, however the feature  is 'hacky', so I need to patch it untill I find a better way to implement this feature...

2 - will look into it once more.
EDIT
Please test:
delete this line -
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan.bingie/blob/v1.0.3-WIP/xml/IncludesDialogVideoInfo.xml#L1824

3 - Didn't implement it to work with addons, I've explained before why and how it works on other skins with addons and why I did not implement it in mine and chose different way of doing it (just for library source) but I'm still thinking of a way integrate it for addons.

You're a legend, both 1 and 2 are now fixed and working like a charm

Thank you so much

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - neurosis13 - 2019-08-09

i made a screenshot from the Apple TV netflix app

the second landscape row is cut in half so this solves the fan art problem.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - neurosis13 - 2019-08-09

I like how jurialmunkey solved the logo on the landscape issue where the logo is just to big and covers all the fanart

here is an example.

would be great if that can be included in the next version

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - DoctorBR - 2019-08-09

Great skin, but too heavy for Xiaomi Mi Box !

What can be done to make it run satisfactorily?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-08-10

(2019-08-09, 21:00)DoctorBR Wrote: Great skin, but too heavy for Xiaomi Mi Box !

What can be done to make it run satisfactorily?

Clean as much junk off the Mi as possible... Dissable and uninstall updatates for apps you dont use that cant be deleted. Read the first page of this thread under optimization good to know section. Use the picture intro not the animated one and lastly dont use auto trailers.... I have the skin running on two mi boxed and they run ok after doing that stuff not like a sheild but usable for sure.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - DoctorBR - 2019-08-10

(2019-08-10, 00:08)cscott1 Wrote: (...) Use the picture intro not the animated one and lastly dont use auto trailers ... (...)

Thanks for answering.

I will see about the initial animation. Automatic trailers were not enabled ...

Force native appearance in ExtendedInfo Script has no effect on the skin, or is it a BUG?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - 3500 - 2019-08-10

Titan BINGIE v1.03-RC2
ImageMOVIES
TV Shows       Image
Thank You So Much for @cartman.dos & All Credits to himself for making this skin for KODI.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-08-10

(2019-08-10, 05:18)DoctorBR Wrote:
(2019-08-10, 00:08)cscott1 Wrote: (...) Use the picture intro not the animated one and lastly dont use auto trailers ... (...)

Thanks for answering.

I will see about the initial animation. Automatic trailers were not enabled ...

Force native appearance in ExtendedInfo Script has no effect on the skin, or is it a BUG?  
That's an addon setting so it's not a bug in the skin.
Regarding low-perfomance box running this skin, I agree everything @cscott1 mentioned. I've no idea myself on how it actually runs on a mi box or similar cause I don't own this hardware but soon I'll continue working on a lighter version that maybe will have better performance...

(2019-08-08, 18:23)scofield272 Wrote: Hi Cartman

is there a way i can get movies 'continue watching' layout style as there is to tv shows?

i.e. this is how episodes looks like for me in the continue watching widget : https://ibb.co/1RJHMvH
and this is how movies are shown : https://ibb.co/yhjnHDm

thanks.
Nope. but the layout will present for all episode-type widgets...not just 'continue watching'.