Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 11/01/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-01-15

(2019-01-15, 15:22)cartman.dos Wrote: @Abbaskip , @cscott1 
Choosing custom spotlight content is implemented and running (inc. addon's content), also there's an option to disable spotlight content.
Will be featured in the next update Wink
That's a pretty sweet upgrade!

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 11/01/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-01-15

(2019-01-15, 15:26)cscott1 Wrote:
Choosing custom spotlight content is implemented and running (inc. addon's content), also there's an option to disable spotlight content.
Yeah, it was a good suggestion.
BTW, fixed your trailer issue on infodialog also. but untill then, if you switch trailer behavior to window/autowindow it will work. fullscreen is suppose to open the trailer in videofullscreen window (not infodialog), so there were couple of problems there. but from next update windowed/fullscreen and auto-window/fullscreen will all work as intended. thanks for pointing this issue out.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 11/01/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-01-15

(2019-01-15, 20:03)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-01-15, 15:26)cscott1 Wrote:
Yeah, it was a good suggestion.
BTW, fixed your trailer issue on infodialog also. but untill then, if you switch trailer behavior to window/autowindow it will work. fullscreen is suppose to open the trailer in videofullscreen window (not infodialog), so there were couple of problems there. but from next update windowed/fullscreen and auto-window/fullscreen will all work as intended. thanks for pointing this issue out.

Awesome thanks for all the effort I appreciate it.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 11/01/2019) - ron1n - 2019-01-16

Hi @Cartman.dos
I think this skin is the best I've used and really uses the art very nicely. So I really thank you. Also it makes it easier for the family to use Kodi. I've got a slight issue often it seems to get a stuck on the logo and fanart of a random movie or tv show and show it for everything else. This occurs more after a library update and is fixed after restarting the kodi app. All my media is local and I use a android shield tv with the latest Leia Stable build.
I also have wonder 2 things
1. Is it possible to change the Genre Widget because it seems to select the first alphabetical fanart which is the same for many genres, if it needs to be done manually how is it possible on Android TV. I Would like it to look similar to Netflix.
2. Is it possible to get the 3 in 1 view for seasons and episodes like the other Titan mod, as I think the final piece to make this like/better than Netflix.

Thanks again.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 11/01/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-01-16

(2019-01-16, 01:48)ron1n Wrote: Hi @Cartman.dos
I think this skin is the best I've used and really uses the art very nicely. So I really thank you. Also it makes it easier for the family to use Kodi. I've got a slight issue often it seems to get a stuck on the logo and fanart of a random movie or tv show and show it for everything else. This occurs more after a library update and is fixed after restarting the kodi app. All my media is local and I use a android shield tv with the latest Leia Stable build.
I also have wonder 2 things
1. Is it possible to change the Genre Widget because it seems to select the first alphabetical fanart which is the same for many genres, if it needs to be done manually how is it possible on Android TV. I Would like it to look similar to Netflix.
2. Is it possible to get the 3 in 1 view for seasons and episodes like the other Titan mod, as I think the final piece to make this like/better than Netflix.

Thanks again.
Hey, I appreciate it.
The issue you mentioned is actually my biggest struggle, and you seem to be the first to have reported this. I have the same issue on the shield.
Thing is, this is ONLY on the shield, and i'm pretty sure every androidtv os (but not on windows for ex.).
I know that it arises from skin helper or metadatautils module - so it is not coming from the skin itself actually (and this problem also exists in original titan) but haven't dedicated enough to trace the issue yet.
Your sources are local (on the shield itself)?
If you can paste debug log with metadata module debug enabled would help to see if we get the same error.

1) I'm pretty sure you can download a resource for genre fanart in the general settings, which should work, i'll give it a try as well...
It's possible to create a resource with genres that are more 'netflix'-inclined.
EDIT: Ok, so tested this. if you use genres from skin widgets it will put a random fanart pic but if you're using movie/tvshow's genres from library as a widget and then in general settings choose movie/tvshows icon resource of ur choosing you can get whichever icons you want.
2) by 3 in 1 you mean like mardukl's mod? or controlling the season as well as the episodes?
Either way you can take the xmls from his mod and change only the id to 525 (inc. file name). Reason I didn't put it yet is because it does not work consistent enough that I want it to be in there. I prefer stability because I know firsthand how bugs/crashes/inconsistencies could drive you off using a program really fast.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 11/01/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-01-16

(2019-01-14, 18:01)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-01-12, 20:48)yoshitslc Wrote:
(2019-01-12, 13:55)cartman.dos Wrote:  

On a sidenote, you should think about making a 'ad' video for my mod on youtube, u got good commentary skills, and more ppl will know abou the mod.

Lol I don't know man with all my ums, uhs and slight stammering might not be the most professional video maybe if I script it before recording it might be a lil better. I may give it a go but no promises. If I do I'll send you the link and you can do with it what you want. I'm thinking a how to setup the Bingie Mod for Kodi 18 to look and work as close to Netflix as possible instructional video should showcase your Mod best and attract quite a few new users especially when Kodi 18 is officially released.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - cscott1 - 2019-01-16

(2018-10-04, 12:42)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2018-10-03, 13:42)cscott1 Wrote: Still having a fun testing out the your Bingie Mod. Something I have noticed the widgets are taking a significantly longer time to load on startup than my previous setup which I still have on a clone device. I have 2 Xiaomi Mi boxes one with the Titan Beta skin before it broke set not to update. The other with the Bingie Mod they are setup very similarly one with the titan beta skin using the Netflix 2 view and the other with the Bingie view. On both boxes I have the low performance box ticked and all the views disabled except the Netflix and list views. My widgets are all from custom Tags Netflix Originals, Drama, Science fiction etc. the same exact widgets from the same exact tags only takes a few seconds from Titan Beta where as Bingie takes up to 30 seconds or longer for the widgets to load. Im not sure if its Artwork Beef being a much more robust program than Artwork Downloader if its something to do with the new spotlight showcase thing, something in the skin helper service or something else. Any recommendations for me to try to get the widgets to load faster would be greatly appreciated from cartman.dos or anyone else for that matter Thanks.

Other than that, I don't really understand how you're able to survive titan (default or bingie) with the Xiaomi Mi Box, cause the skin itself is really a heavy one (honestly kodi is pretty heavy in the first place for this hardware, and titan just adds on this already suffocating box).  
Hey buddy I know you have one of these and I recently learned something thought I would pass it along if you haven't already done it. I cleaned a lot garbage off my Mi box freeing up a lot of space by disabling a lot of the pre installed bloatware on it. If you go into android settings then apps go to every app you don't use Google Music, Google Movies, Vudu, Starz etc. and all the foreign keyboards uninstall any updates, clear the cache and data, force stop the app and then disable it. Do this for everything you don't use. I was able to clear up almost 2 gigs this way additionally you can also use the usb port for external storage. Don't get me wrong I love my shield but to be honest my Mi boxes runs your mod just as well now that I have got everything set up correctly.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - cartman.dos - 2019-01-16

(2019-01-16, 17:03)cscott1 Wrote:
(2018-10-04, 12:42)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2018-10-03, 13:42)cscott1 Wrote: Still having a fun testing out the your Bingie Mod. Something I have noticed the widgets are taking a significantly longer time to load on startup than my previous setup which I still have on a clone device. I have 2 Xiaomi Mi boxes one with the Titan Beta skin before it broke set not to update. The other with the Bingie Mod they are setup very similarly one with the titan beta skin using the Netflix 2 view and the other with the Bingie view. On both boxes I have the low performance box ticked and all the views disabled except the Netflix and list views. My widgets are all from custom Tags Netflix Originals, Drama, Science fiction etc. the same exact widgets from the same exact tags only takes a few seconds from Titan Beta where as Bingie takes up to 30 seconds or longer for the widgets to load. Im not sure if its Artwork Beef being a much more robust program than Artwork Downloader if its something to do with the new spotlight showcase thing, something in the skin helper service or something else. Any recommendations for me to try to get the widgets to load faster would be greatly appreciated from cartman.dos or anyone else for that matter Thanks.

Other than that, I don't really understand how you're able to survive titan (default or bingie) with the Xiaomi Mi Box, cause the skin itself is really a heavy one (honestly kodi is pretty heavy in the first place for this hardware, and titan just adds on this already suffocating box).   
Hey buddy I know you have one of these and I recently learned something thought I would pass it along if you haven't already done it. I cleaned a lot garbage off my Mi box freeing up a lot of space by disabling a lot of the pre installed bloatware on it. If you go into android settings then apps go to every app you don't use Google Music, Google Movies, Vudu, Starz etc. and all the foreign keyboards uninstall any updates, clear the cache and data, force stop the app and then disable it. Do this for everything you don't use. I was able to clear up almost 2 gigs this way additionally you can also use the usb port for external storage. Don't get me wrong I love my shield but to be honest my Mi boxes runs your mod just as well now that I have got everything set up correctly. 
 When I had that box (gave it away) it was SLOOOW...And everything is local in my kodi setup.
Also, idk if you tried it with auto-trailers but it probably dies with it on.
But maybe the new android oreo helped it a little because now kodi can start and do its first reload widgets and everything, and then it just stays in the background.
That wasn't the case before...

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 11/01/2019) - Desperados - 2019-01-16

Hi! I've been using the Titan Mod skin for a while now. I just upgraded to Kodi Leia and installed your skin as well just to see the difference between the two. I love the ability to add extra hubs to the homemenu! There's just one weird thing I noticed right away, somehow there is a dark overlay on the homescreen. I noticed the artwork wasn't as bright.. I switched to Marduks version just to make sure it wasn't some messed up Kodi setting. Do you know if there is a skin setting to remove this overlay?

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 11/01/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-01-17

(2019-01-16, 21:45)Desperados Wrote: Hi! I've been using the Titan Mod skin for a while now. I just upgraded to Kodi Leia and installed your skin as well just to see the difference between the two. I love the ability to add extra hubs to the homemenu! There's just one weird thing I noticed right away, somehow there is a dark overlay on the homescreen. I noticed the artwork wasn't as bright.. I switched to Marduks version just to make sure it wasn't some messed up Kodi setting. Do you know if there is a skin setting to remove this overlay?
Cannot be sure without a screenshot but first place to look at is Skinsettings -> Background Setting -> Overlay Texture/color.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 11/01/2019) - Desperados - 2019-01-17

(2019-01-17, 12:51)cartman.dos Wrote: Cannot be sure without a screenshot but first place to look at is Skinsettings -> Background Setting -> Overlay Texture/color.

I looked at those settings, I believe it said none in both fields. But I'll take a look again tonight when I get home.. And I'll make a screenshot if the problem still exists after, thanks!

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 11/01/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-01-17

(2019-01-17, 14:11)Desperados Wrote:
(2019-01-17, 12:51)cartman.dos Wrote: Cannot be sure without a screenshot but first place to look at is Skinsettings -> Background Setting -> Overlay Texture/color.

I looked at those settings, I believe it said none in both fields. But I'll take a look again tonight when I get home.. And I'll make a screenshot if the problem still exists after, thanks! 
Just in case if it says 'none', click to set and choose none again to reset it.

(2019-01-17, 14:36)cartman.dos Wrote: Just in case if it says 'none', click to set and choose none again to reset it.

So I just checked the settings, reset the values to none, but still the same issue.. The weird thing is, the spotlight widget is bright but when I move down to the other widgets you can see the screen getting darker. I made three screenshots, 1 of the Titan Mod and 1 of the Bingie mod for easy comparison. And 1 of the Bingie spotlight, you can see it's more bright than the other widget.. I hope you know what could be causing this..

Image Image

I have another question regarding the imdb rating.. I like how Marduks rating is below the imdb logo instead of next to it. Is there a way I could simply edit one of the files to make that happen? I looked in the includesfooter xml but I have no idea what change to make, I'm not really familiar with these things.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 11/01/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-01-18

@Desperados The overlay issue is intended. it's a gradient overlay so that the lower half of widgets will be slightly less bright. it's more important when u use landscape layout and have two rows...If it really bothers u that much remove the control group of the gradients. it is inside includehomenetflix.xml, look for 'gradient overlays on widgets' it will be the comment on top of the control group.
About the footer/ratings... it's possible to swap the text but will need a revisit of  the footer xml, need changes in the includes of AltRatingColor/AltRatingWhite...
maybe you could compare and change from marduk's, i don't have intention to do so at the moment but I do need to cleanup someday the mess & legacy code in it from the original titan code...