Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 30/01/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-02-11

(2019-02-11, 19:58)cartman.dos Wrote: @tantrum080 ,@cscott1 Are you sure you give the spotlight enough time to load content, when spotlight is focused and is updating content there will be a spinner for it indicating its loading.
I can't recall seeing the behavior you guys described...
about changing content, it depends on what content you set it to i guesss. I have it on recently added and it changes on startup if something was added.

About ETA for next update, main focus at the moment is making it as easy as it can be 'out-of-the-box' and making sure everything works as it should.
I'm also throwing in there some surprises and just yesterday I was able to code a feature that I wanted from day 1 and couldn't, so it's in rapid development.
It's literally thousands of code lines in skin and also script coding in addons so...it takes time... 

New screenshots...

Trying not to speculate on the new feature. Fingers crossed its a good one. Not going to get my hopes up for my number one feature request but still excited for the new update.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 30/01/2019) - TomPiXX - 2019-02-12

I have a broken main menu.
Fresh installation of Leia.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 30/01/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-02-12

(2019-02-12, 00:54)TomPiXX Wrote: I have a broken main menu.
Fresh installation of Leia.

Add your Kodi Library in Estuary first then switch to Bingies skin.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 30/01/2019) - CK77 - 2019-02-12

ok, i solved my problems from my earlier post i think.

Last thing i'm trying to achieve is to get 2 menu items, one that points to my Stand Up Comedy, one that points to my Nature documentaries.

They each have their own source and are added to the library.

When i'm using tags it works fine, but the annoying thing is that every time i add a new stand up comedy to my collection, i'll have to add the tag to that item manually.

I've tried to just make menu items that point to the source of each, but then i don't get any pictures in the widget. Using the source seems like the way to go but i can't make it work Sad

The next option i looked at is to use smart playlists. I've got this working for the Stand Up Comedy as those are movies. I'm struggling to make it work for the Nature Documentaries as those are TV series.
To set up the smart playlist for the stand up comedy i just used a rule that says the PATH has to contain Stand Up Comedy, as that's the name of the folder. When i try to do the same thing for the Documentaries, the result is always an empty playlist.

Any help would be great. After this i have the ultimate setup for my purposes!

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 30/01/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-02-12

(2019-02-12, 02:46)CK77 Wrote: ok, i solved my problems from my earlier post i think.

Last thing i'm trying to achieve is to get 2 menu items, one that points to my Stand Up Comedy, one that points to my Nature documentaries.

When i'm using tags it works fine, but the annoying thing is that every time i add a new stand up comedy to my collection, i'll have to add the tag to that item manually.

I've tried to just make menu items that point to the source of each, but then i don't get any pictures in the widget. Using the source seems like the way to go but i can't make it work Sad

The next option i looked at is to use smart playlists. I've got this working for the Stand Up Comedy as those are movies. I'm struggling to make it work for the Nature Documentaries as those are TV series.
To set up the smart playlist for the stand up comedy i just used a rule that says the PATH has to contain Stand Up Comedy, as that's the name of the folder. When i try to do the same thing for the Documentaries, the result is always an empty playlist.

Check tag-generator, it can auto-tag as a service, stand up and more...you could also filter by 'nature' genre....there are many ways to do it within smartplaylists...

I only have a very limited amount of genre options. No more than 10, nature is not one of them.
Is there a way to add genres?

Is there a way to use a source to create a smart playlist? That would be the easiest i guess

(2019-02-12, 02:46)CK77 Wrote: ok, i solved my problems from my earlier post i think.

Tags are such a PITA but the only way I know how to get everything you want exactly how you want it in its own category. I spent hours setting up all mine and it does suck switching back and forth from Titan and Estuary to add/edit tags. Not sure why but I can't find the tags menu at all in Titan Cartman is there one I'm overlooking somehow?

(2019-02-12, 03:57)cscott1 Wrote: Tags are such a PITA but the only way I know how to get everything you want exactly how you want it in its own category. I spent hours setting up all mine and it does suck switching back and forth from Titan and Estuary to add/edit tags. Not sure why but I can't find the tags menu at all in Titan Cartman is there one I'm overlooking somehow? 
 Woehoe, I can finally help somebody out on here!

It's a bit silly how you get there, but it works
Enter your movie section of Kodi, click on the first tile/icon (the blue one with the back arrow)
You should get into a list Genres/Titles/Years/....../Tags
Click on tags, fro, there you can just add them, edit them,.... 
I'm doing this on Win10 Kodi x64

I ended up using a smart playlist for my stand up comedy and tags for the TV documentaries. They work the same, i just have to add a tag every time i add a nature docu, but that doesn't happen too much.

My last issue is that 2 of the icons on the main menu keep reverting back to the original icon. All the other ones are fine
No matter how many times i set them back to the new ones, after moving around the interface for 5 min, the icons revert back to the old ones.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 30/01/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-02-12

(2019-02-12, 03:01)CK77 Wrote: I only have a very limited amount of genre options. No more than 10, nature is not one of them.

Is there a way to use a source to create a smart playlist? That would be the easiest i guess
 You can add/edit genres but it won't be different than using tags...The question is how to narrow down the condition so that it pulls what you want, and then that it auto-maintains it....
If you're playing from local source, then I guess it would work to set a smartplaylist with rule 'path' contains '<name-of-folder-name-for-nature>', or similar. just make sure its unique so that other unwanted media won't fulfill the condition.

For stand-up (and imdb,trak lists) you can use tag-generator as I mentioned earlier.
it's a great tool that works as a service and tags video with 'standup', so you won't need to add tags manually.
https://github.com/wellspokenman/tag-generator

(2019-02-12, 05:06)cartman.dos Wrote: You can add/edit genres but it won't be different than using tags...The question is how to narrow down the condition so that it pulls what you want, and then that it auto-maintains it....
If you're playing from local source, then I guess it would work to set a smartplaylist with rule 'path' contains '<name-of-folder-name-for-nature>', or similar. just make sure its unique so that other unwanted media won't fulfill the condition.

For stand-up (and imdb,trak lists) you can use tag-generator as I mentioned earlier.
it's a great tool that works as a service and tags video with 'standup', so you won't need to add tags manually.
i used the path rule for the Stand Up Comedy and it works great. For some reason when i do the exact same for the Documentaries the smart playlist always ends up empty. The only difference is that the stand up are movies, the documentaries are tv series, if i change from tv series to episodes in the smart list it works again, but then you get a massive list of episodes instead of nicely organized tv series.

I guess this will do for now, i don't add new documentaries on a regular basis anyway. The stand up comedy updates automatically.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 30/01/2019) - tantrum080 - 2019-02-12

Is there a discord you have so us users can chat in realtime about bingie?

(2019-02-12, 04:43)CK77 Wrote:
(2019-02-12, 03:57)cscott1 Wrote: Tags are such a PITA but the only way I know how to get everything you want exactly how you want it in its own category. I spent hours setting up all mine and it does suck switching back and forth from Titan and Estuary to add/edit tags. Not sure why but I can't find the tags menu at all in Titan Cartman is there one I'm overlooking somehow? 
 Woehoe, I can finally help somebody out on here!

It's a bit silly how you get there, but it works
Enter your movie section of Kodi, click on the first tile/icon (the blue one with the back arrow)
You should get into a list Genres/Titles/Years/....../Tags
Click on tags, fro, there you can just add them, edit them,.... 
I'm doing this on Win10 Kodi x64  
Thanks sure enough it worked. I never thought of backing out of the menu to get there you are right it is a bit unintuitive kind of two steps forward one step back but it works. Mine was the two dots and red but I am sure that's because we are using different color themes.

(2019-02-12, 04:53)CK77 Wrote: I ended up using a smart playlist for my stand up comedy and tags for the TV documentaries. They work the same, i just have to add a tag every time i add a nature docu, but that doesn't happen too much.

My last issue is that 2 of the icons on the main menu keep reverting back to the original icon. All the other ones are fine
No matter how many times i set them back to the new ones, after moving around the interface for 5 min, the icons revert back to the old ones.
 Artwork Beef recently changed something when you set your Artwork make sure you not only tick the new artwork you want but also untick the old one. Not sure if this is causing the behavior you are describing but it is my best guess.

(2019-02-12, 05:06)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-02-12, 03:01)CK77 Wrote: I only have a very limited amount of genre options. No more than 10, nature is not one of them.

You can add/edit genres but it won't be different than using tags...The question is how to narrow down the condition so that it pulls what you want, and then that it auto-maintains it....

Im going to play around with this tag generator you mentioned but genera's and playlists just didn't cut it for me things are entirely left out of widgets and lots of items will be in multiple widgets as well. for example lots of movies are both Action / Adventure I want Mission Impossible to be in the Action widget and want Indiana Jones to be in Adventure if you use genera's then both will be listed in each category a bit repetitive if you have over a 1000 movies and 500 tv shows. Custom tags has been the only way I figured out how to make sure the media is exactly what I want it to be in the widget. The only thing that bothers me my OCD speaking here is that the items listed in the tags are listed in the order in which you scanned them into your library. I would like them to be listed in alphabetical order does anyone know how I can set this up?