Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 30/01/2019) - kodishu - 2019-02-25

1. How "Movies and TV Shows in Genre" works?
2. Could explain me please how to make my own playlist of "next to watch" movies and add it to home as a widget?

RE: Titan BINGIE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 30/01/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-02-25

(2019-02-25, 20:55)kodishu Wrote: @Cartman.dos still doesn't work ☹️
 and in playback option you have NOT disabled clearlogo, right?
I've looked at it again and only reason would be that videoplayer doesn't get the clearlogo for some reason. In info/home/library I get the clearlogo by different ways and have fallbacks but in player there's not workaround. I'm not sure why this would happen but I'd try in artwork beef to run -> preload artwork.
second, is it a long-standing issue or is it new installation? if it's new installation/the content is new on kodi library, give it time and test again.
third, force cache by deleting 'simplecache.db' (it will delete all cache and force new, so try it as last option)
(2019-02-25, 21:36)kodishu Wrote: 1. How "Movies and TV Shows in Genre" works?
2. Could explain me please how to make my own playlist of "next to watch" movies and add it to home as a widget?

1. Assuming you have genres that exist both in Movies AND TV Shows, (eg. action genre in movies and action genre in tvshows). It will look for a these genres, will select one of them randomly and will display random content for both Movies and TV Shows under that genre.
2. One way would be to tag them and then either use 'Tags' under Media node or create a playlist with rule 'tag', operator 'is', value '<TAG-NAME>' (one for movies, one for tv), then use Playlist in skin helper to mix them and sort as you please...OR use 'my list' in the next release if that's too much work... Smile
(2019-02-25, 20:46)mastonic Wrote:
(2019-02-25, 16:08)cartman.dos Wrote: I didn't exactly got the first issue you mentioned, would help to lay out a detailed map. 'i'm in home window, entered info, pressed play....' so I can figure out the problem and how to fix it if needed.
Basically, if I have auto play trailer on 5 seconds. I go to a movie and press play after 3 seconds. The movie starts playing and the trailer attempts to play 2 seconds after I press play on the movie. YouTube crashes kodi while it's trying to run in the background of the actual movie playing.
Running: YouTube (6.4.0) on Leia (Kodi-18.1) with Python 2.7.13
Path: /play/
Params: {'video_id': '[correct video id]'}

then Kodi crashes. It works perfect if I don't press play, though.  
 Which window are you on when this happens? I'm assuming HOME? the trailer start playing in home? are you then playing the movie by selecting the widget or after entering infodialog?

(2019-02-25, 20:32)CK77 Wrote: I understand that the skin is heavier than Esuary and you can't really compare the two. But if i run the Titan skin on my other PC, when idle it only uses around 10-15% CPU time. On the PC i'm having the issues with it never goes below 50% CPU, even if i let it sit there for a while, there is no network activity.

Can this be because i have a lot more widgets running on the one PC? I'll have a look later when i get home in the settings from Skin Helper Service

One more question, i've downloaded the new Skin Helper Serice zip file from your link. How do you install it? just copy it over the old one, or is there a way to proper install it
Leave it idle and paste a debug log, maybe it will show some info..... but I bet Skin helper service is the main issue....
And yeah, you can just copy and overwrite the files...

RE: Titan BINGIE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 30/01/2019) - kodishu - 2019-02-25

(2019-02-25, 21:41)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-02-25, 20:55)kodishu Wrote: @Cartman.dos still doesn't work ☹️
 and in playback option you have NOT disabled clearlogo, right?
I've looked at it again and only reason would be that videoplayer doesn't get the clearlogo for some reason. In info/home/library I get the clearlogo by different ways and have fallbacks but in player there's not workaround. I'm not sure why this would happen but I'd try in artwork beef to run -> preload artwork.
second, is it a long-standing issue or is it new installation? if it's new installation/the content is new on kodi library, give it time and test again.
third, force cache by deleting 'simplecache.db' (it will delete all cache and force new, so try it as last option)
(2019-02-25, 21:36)kodishu Wrote: 1. How "Movies and TV Shows in Genre" works?

1. Assuming you have genres that exist both in Movies AND TV Shows, (eg. action genre in movies and action genre in tvshows). It will look for a these genres, will select one of them randomly and will display random content for both Movies and TV Shows under that genre.
2. One way would be to tag them and then either use 'Tags' under Media node or create a playlist with rule 'tag', operator 'is', value '<TAG-NAME>' (one for movies, one for tv), then use Playlist in skin helper to mix them and sort as you please...OR use 'my list' in the next release if that's too much work... Smile
(2019-02-25, 20:46)mastonic Wrote:
(2019-02-25, 16:08)cartman.dos Wrote: I didn't exactly got the first issue you mentioned, would help to lay out a detailed map. 'i'm in home window, entered info, pressed play....' so I can figure out the problem and how to fix it if needed.
Basically, if I have auto play trailer on 5 seconds. I go to a movie and press play after 3 seconds. The movie starts playing and the trailer attempts to play 2 seconds after I press play on the movie. YouTube crashes kodi while it's trying to run in the background of the actual movie playing.
Running: YouTube (6.4.0) on Leia (Kodi-18.1) with Python 2.7.13
Path: /play/
Params: {'video_id': '[correct video id]'}

then Kodi crashes. It works perfect if I don't press play, though.  
 Which window are you on when this happens? I'm assuming HOME? the trailer start playing in home? are you then playing the movie by selecting the widget or after entering infodialog?

(2019-02-25, 20:32)CK77 Wrote: I understand that the skin is heavier than Esuary and you can't really compare the two. But if i run the Titan skin on my other PC, when idle it only uses around 10-15% CPU time. On the PC i'm having the issues with it never goes below 50% CPU, even if i let it sit there for a while, there is no network activity.

Can this be because i have a lot more widgets running on the one PC? I'll have a look later when i get home in the settings from Skin Helper Service

One more question, i've downloaded the new Skin Helper Serice zip file from your link. How do you install it? just copy it over the old one, or is there a way to proper install it
Leave it idle and paste a debug log, maybe it will show some info..... but I bet Skin helper service is the main issue....

No, I haven't disabled clearlogo in playback settings.
This problem occurs from the very beginning of using this skin. It never worked. I use your skin on 2 tv boxes in different rooms. Both has the same issue.

1. Ok, now I understand.
2. Definitely I'll wait to next release 😁

RE: Titan BINGIE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 30/01/2019) - mastonic - 2019-02-25

(2019-02-25, 20:55)kodishu Wrote:  
In home it happens. Also in infodialog if you have trailer to auto play there. Select movie from HOME, info dialog opens, press play immediately, and then it crashes because the trailer is still attempting to start after pressing play. Maybe something is wrong with my setup or YouTube addon. I don't know.
Even in media library "Netflix" view I have crashes just from when the trailer attempts to start. It doesn't work at all in media view without crashing. Even if a movie is not selected and I press a "next" button to go to a next page of movies, if the second page takes a few seconds to load it attempts to play a trailer and crashes still. The YouTube video ID in the log is for a trailer for movie I don't even have selected (because a "next" button was selected).

RE: Titan BINGIE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 30/01/2019) - CK77 - 2019-02-26

The log i pasted in my original post is exactly that. I started Kodi with the Titan skin loaded and i just let it sit for 5 or 6 minutes. After that i started/stopped a movie, after that i just close KODI again.

(2019-02-26, 01:05)CK77 Wrote:

The log i pasted in my original post is exactly that. I started Kodi with the Titan skin loaded and i just let it sit for 5 or 6 minutes. After that i started/stopped a movie, after that i just close KODI again. 
This is the link to the log again: https://paste.kodi.tv/fikunikaga.kodi

RE: Titan BINGIE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 30/01/2019) - mastonic - 2019-02-26

I poked around a little more, and I'm able to get most of the trailer crashes gone with workarounds, but one crash type I can't.It tries to play a query for " Trailer" like

Path: /kodion/search/query/
Params: {'q': ' Trailer'}

There is no query and if it tries to execute right when I click a menu option in an addon it crashes Kodi. Sometimes I wait a while and it starts playing an unrelated trailer in the background behind a menu and doesn't crash.

(2019-02-26, 02:21)CK77 Wrote:
(2019-02-25, 21:41)cartman.dos Wrote: Leave it idle and paste a debug log, maybe it will show some info..... but I bet Skin helper service is the main issue....
So i removed a bunch of my widgets that were running on the home screen and i looked at the Widget Helper Service.
Then i let it run for 45min and now everything seems to be back to normal.

Could it be that i just had to many widgets running on the home screen? I think i had about 15-20, but most of them were smart playlists based on tags

The PC i'm running all this on is an Intel Nuc with a 7th gen Core i3 with 8GB and a fast 128GB SSD

I have some questions about the new Skin Helper Widgets.
How do you add a movie or tv series to mylist so you can use the mylist widget? At the moment it's empty, which makes sense since i don't have anything tagged mylist.

When you use the Top rated Movies or TV Shows in genre, does it just pick a random genre to populate the widget? How or when does it change the genre?

I'm playing around with it now to see how well it works, so far no hickups yet Smile

I really like what you did with the mixed media widgets, where you can select a playlist for movies and one for tv series, afterward you get the option to sort by title, year,...
Will you create the option to do this for just movies or just tv series? For now, i solved it by making an empty TV Shows playlist.

Thanks for this update, i like messing around with new stuff. I also find out something new about the skin every day, seems i still have a lot to learn.

Is there some sort of document/tutorial about this skin that explains all the major features and how to use them best? Or is it just messing about enough until you figure it all out?

RE: Titan BINGIE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 30/01/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-02-26

(2019-02-25, 23:24)mastonic Wrote:
(2019-02-25, 20:55)kodishu Wrote:  
In home it happens. Also in infodialog if you have trailer to auto play there. Select movie from HOME, info dialog opens, press play immediately, and then it crashes because the trailer is still attempting to start after pressing play. Maybe something is wrong with my setup or YouTube addon. I don't know.
Even in media library "Netflix" view I have crashes just from when the trailer attempts to start. It doesn't work at all in media view without crashing. Even if a movie is not selected and I press a "next" button to go to a next page of movies, if the second page takes a few seconds to load it attempts to play a trailer and crashes still. The YouTube video ID in the log is for a trailer for movie I don't even have selected (because a "next" button was selected).   
 I'll try to patch this as I can see why/how this could happen, although I've never come across this issue myself. Other than that, sounds like you might have another(?) underlying issue with youtube and crashes... make sure that everything is up-to-date and post a debug log if you can reproduce a crash...
(2019-02-26, 02:21)CK77 Wrote:
(2019-02-25, 21:41)cartman.dos Wrote: Leave it idle and paste a debug log, maybe it will show some info..... but I bet Skin helper service is the main issue....
It's hard to pinpoint an issue that happens when system's idle with a log that is less than 10min....
about widgets, they'll refresh whenever library is updated even if no input from user, for ex. in the log library updated 'green book' then all widgets refreshed...
so need to see what's happening on a longer period of time.

about my list widget, if you tag items in movies/tvshows as 'mylist' it will show in the appropriate widget. this is to support the upcoming 'add to my list' functionality.
(btw, you can achieve this with any sort of tags using 'tags' inside skin helper widgets)

about tutorial, I can say that even after reading through and adding/changing/etc I don't even think I know all the options this skin has to offer, for me it says mainly that is too complex for its own good. I'm not intending on making a tutorial myself, it's also depends - tutorial for what? cause each layout has its own settings and really a FULL tutorial would be HUGE and I'd rather use my time coding the skin than wikify it.... I believe that this can be done by the community and I can edit/revisit it if i've got something to add/correct...

RE: Titan BINGIE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 30/01/2019) - MovieMan123 - 2019-02-26

@cartman.dos Thanks for this MOD. 

For me everything works as I want. And I have adjusted it as desired. Only I have one question: In Netflix view the episode thumb layout are very low. Is it possible to move it up a bit. So it is in the center between the bottom of the fan and the bottom of the screen? I already tried to play around with the xml's but I do not work as expected. Poster layout is perfect, only in thumb view it is to low.

And can you tell me which XML includes the Netflix Bingie MODE homescreen?

(2019-02-26, 12:47)MovieMan123 Wrote: @cartman.dos Thanks for this MOD. 

For me everything works as I want. And I have adjusted it as desired. Only I have one question: In Netflix view the episode thumb layout are very low. Is it possible to move it up a bit. So it is in the center between the bottom of the fan and the bottom of the screen? I already tried to play around with the xml's but I do not work as expected. Poster layout is perfect, only in thumb view it is to low.

And can you tell me which XML includes the Netflix Bingie MODE homescreen?
Yeah it was intentional to hide cropped thumbs but I gave it another look and found a better compromise.
in view523 xml, in the containers (there's one for poster and one for thumb view), there will be a comment 'animation for episodes' (don't recall exactly) and underneath the animation that moves it down like you mentioned. What i've done is:
a) remove that animation.
b) in itemlayout/focusedlayout with the condition that 'container.content(episodes)', change the height size to that of the container (one is 380, other is 419).
and that's it.

about netflix homescreen - it's in IncludesHomenetflix file and some of the includes are in includesmodvariables...
I would not go about changing so much atm since I'm very close to release the new version and it will be very different (especially code-wise).
glad to hear you're enjoying the skin Smile

RE: Titan BINGIE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 30/01/2019) - louisefindlay23 - 2019-02-26

I can't find any option to change to posters in the media library Netflix view. Currently both tv shows and movies are thumbs,

(2019-02-26, 20:19)louisefindlay23 Wrote: I can't find any option to change to posters in the media library Netflix view. Currently both tv shows and movies are thumbs,
 That's because in github there's some updates regarding hubs and netflix view that are not uploaded to repo yet.
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan.bingie
Press the green button 'clone or download' -> download as zip.
extract the zip and overwrite the skin directory with these files...