Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 25/03/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-03-30

(2019-03-30, 15:27)joeyd2424 Wrote: Lol I’m not that great at explaining things so I’ll give it another shot. So you got the 5 star rating system which is used universally. (You have a settingthat says “prefer star rating” instead of using the 78% match scheme) What I’m curious about is how would I alter each rating for a specific genre. So say a horror movie in my library has a 3 star rating. Instead of three star icons, I would use 3 skull icons. Or a romantic comedy would use 4 hearts to define its rating. Or slasher films using butcher knives. Or a comedy uses 3 laughing heads instead. I still don’t know if I explained that well. It basically replaces the ratings icons with a genre specific set. Probably a huge amount of work for a small visual enhancement that no one else would probably care about lol
Ok got it.
I believe it is actually pretty easy. the hard part is the graphics (which i hate).
You'd need to create images for each genre you want to apply this, it'd be better to create a resource to not have it hard-wired to a specific skin and lower the load on skin textures.
You need to decide for which genres are you making this in the first place, and how much images for each (are you supporting percents? then you need 100 images per each!)
Then where the stars are set in the skin, general flow of things would be to check for genre existence in item with some infolabel/s. and give the path of the images with the genre as variable in the path.
Say VARIABLE=GENRE, then -> imagepath=$INFO[ListItem.Rating,resource://<your-resource>/$GENRE-VARIABLE$/,.png]
This is the general scheme of things......
Issues to consider:
- fallback when no genre exists or can't be pulled
- fallback when no images for this genres (there could be infinite genre names in theory)
- How to pull ONE genre from genre list (listitem.genre)
- If you have a movie that is both 'horror' and 'comedy' for ex., how would you choose for which genre images to show?
- listitem.rating by kodi returns x.x format so depending on the rating system you may need to alter the result.  for ex, you decide to have 5 stars system with 1-5 as integers then you need to make 1.0,1.1,...,1.9 return 1 and so on. this can be easily done (i did same thing to convert to percentage-based) but is a little disgusting code-wise Smile

(2019-03-30, 15:48)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-03-30, 10:52)cartman.dos Wrote: NOTE

Was able to confirm that widget constant refreshing is indeed due Kodi core behaviour announcing OnPlay/OnStop.
Could trace and change Kodi source to ignore this announcement and thus not force refreshing containers when auto-playing trailers.
If someone here has good cpp programming skills and is somewhat familiar with kodi's code and wants to help and make the PR, this would be great.
Moreover if others will 'vote' for this feature maybe someone would take the glove off and write the needed changes.
I thought of adding a parameter to playmedia built-in command that specifies to NOT REFRESH and bypass the directory refresh from onplay/onstop.
this would require changes in playmedia command and cDirectoryProvider (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/1ca9ef6737d5ae8647430a1c5b58110bac9ce6c6/xbmc/listproviders/DirectoryProvider.cpp#L219)
But am not sure of the work-map the variables are passed on and C skills are not good to be honest.

Not exactly clear on what I'm voting on here. The refreshing doesn't necessarily bother me unless it's causing issues with the spotlight widget not working as it should. I know that I only ever get one trailer to play on mine if I add more media to my library it will be a different one but always just the one even if I set it to a custom path. It would be nice if it were a different item every time I opened Kodi. 
The refreshing issue is a huge annoyance for those that are using Auto-Trailers.

About spotlight - if set to recommendations based on recently watched it will change BASED ON RECENTLY WATCHED. or otherwise just set to whatever playlist or whatever you like, it's like any other widget with just tiny difference - it gets only the first item of the list. try setting a random based playlist and it'll change very often. The default changes mainly on library changes assuming spotlight should show new stuff (like netflix does).

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 25/03/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-03-30

(2019-03-30, 16:20)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-03-30, 15:48)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-03-30, 10:52)cartman.dos Wrote: NOTE

Was able to confirm that widget constant refreshing is indeed due Kodi core behaviour announcing OnPlay/OnStop.
Could trace and change Kodi source to ignore this announcement and thus not force refreshing containers when auto-playing trailers.
If someone here has good cpp programming skills and is somewhat familiar with kodi's code and wants to help and make the PR, this would be great.
Moreover if others will 'vote' for this feature maybe someone would take the glove off and write the needed changes.
I thought of adding a parameter to playmedia built-in command that specifies to NOT REFRESH and bypass the directory refresh from onplay/onstop.
this would require changes in playmedia command and cDirectoryProvider (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/1ca9ef6737d5ae8647430a1c5b58110bac9ce6c6/xbmc/listproviders/DirectoryProvider.cpp#L219)
But am not sure of the work-map the variables are passed on and C skills are not good to be honest.

Not exactly clear on what I'm voting on here. The refreshing doesn't necessarily bother me unless it's causing issues with the spotlight widget not working as it should. I know that I only ever get one trailer to play on mine if I add more media to my library it will be a different one but always just the one even if I set it to a custom path. It would be nice if it were a different item every time I opened Kodi. 
The refreshing issue is a huge annoyance for those that are using Auto-Trailers.

About spotlight - if set to recommendations based on recently watched it will change BASED ON RECENTLY WATCHED. or otherwise just set to whatever playlist or whatever you like, it's like any other widget with just tiny difference - it gets only the first item of the list. try setting a random based playlist and it'll change very often. The default changes mainly on library changes assuming spotlight should show new stuff (like netflix does).

OK I see I personally don't use auto trailers but I can see how that would suck. Mark my vote as change to no refreshing after trailers in that case then. Thanks for the tip I'll make a playlist with random sort order for the spotlight you sir are the man unless you are a woman in that case you're still pretty cool.

(2019-03-30, 16:29)cscott1 Wrote: OK I see I personally don't use auto trailers but I can see how that would suck. Mark my vote as change to no refreshing after trailers in that case then. Thanks for the tip I'll make a playlist with random sort order for the spotlight you sir are the man unless you are a woman in that case you're still pretty cool
LOL. Assuming gender binary would be a crime in some countries... Rofl

ok new problem clearlogo spotlight issue...

https://youtu.be/DEZTNDhVXjU

(2019-03-30, 17:23)cscott1 Wrote: ok new problem clearlogo spotlight issue...

https://youtu.be/CNPrZFVplyA
I acknowledged it here - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=334820&pid=2838135#pid2838135

This is the by-product of Kodi core refresh behavior that I talked about in the previous post and you didn't get because you don't use it... Smile
The temp solution as I mentioned is using sources that tend to NOT change often...sorted by dateadded for ex.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 25/03/2019) - tantrum080 - 2019-03-30

@Cartman.dos about the trailers in spotlight, could I suggest the addition of making it so it does not change automatically (or have the option for this) and you have to press right trigger/left trigger to go to the next/previous spotlight content, I think this would be a lot easier to use as it would erase the trailer showing info for a different movie and I think it's a good workaround I'd be happy with

(2019-03-30, 17:36)tantrum080 Wrote: @Cartman.dos about the trailers in spotlight, could I suggest the addition of making it so it does not change automatically (or have the option for this) and you have to press right trigger/left trigger to go to the next/previous spotlight content, I think this would be a lot easier to use as it would erase the trailer showing info for a different movie and I think it's a good workaround I'd be happy with

Look the post right above you, It refers to a post where I answered... you :]
I cannot do a workaround in skin, not possible, kodi needs to add built-in feature that i described in previous posts.

About triggering next/prev inside spotlight, can't see then the need for a spotlight if it acts like all widgets and also it'd be weird to navigate so i'm not so into this feature request...

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 25/03/2019) - FlashOne - 2019-03-30

(2019-03-30, 11:51)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-03-29, 18:55)FlashOne Wrote: Unfortunately yes, here's how my home page appears in Bingie layout, without "New episodes" tags (they're missing on my usual Vertical big home layout too). But as soon as I go inside tv shows hub, they're at their place.
Also notice (red circled in 1st image) that selected hubs don't highlight as I saw in various skin screenshots, they only highlight when opening side menu. Tried to change every single custom color options but no luck... 
I suspect the two may be connected, Did you change the shortcuts of menu entries home/hubs/both?
Basically I think that it doesn't detect the window as 'bingieview' thus not having the vertical line indicator on menu and new episodes tag-overlay...    
Yes I did change pretty almost all both home/hubs entries with my custom ones.

Maybe I found the faulty color option: Color selection for home titles (in purple to easily individuate it) is the only one which doesn't give back a visual change on my Bingie Home layout , while it's correctly showed on my usual Vertical Big Home Layout.

For the "New Episodes" labels issue I honestly haven't a clue, hoping you'll find the needle in the hay as usual!
Thx!

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 25/03/2019) - Rick32 - 2019-03-30

Cartman,

I’d like to translate everything in Dutch. Any files you can send me for me to translate? Or tell me which files contains languages?

What sort order for a playlist would users recommend for a somewhat dynamic spotlight? Until if and when the Random sort glitch workaround is figured out. Do you think you would get different results from Rating or MPAA ratings every few days or are they somewhat fixed?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 25/03/2019) - LukeHansford - 2019-03-30

(2019-03-30, 02:14)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-03-30, 02:04)LukeHansford Wrote: Is there a way anyone has found to disable red new episode labels?

I am using a Kodi add-on for my widgets.

Just curious why don't you like them? looks just like Netflix.

The reason I want to turn them off is I am using an addon for my widgets and it has the new episodes available label for every single item in my widgets.

(2019-03-30, 23:47)LukeHansford Wrote:
(2019-03-30, 02:14)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-03-30, 02:04)LukeHansford Wrote: Is there a way anyone has found to disable red new episode labels?

I am using a Kodi add-on for my widgets.

Just curious why don't you like them? looks just like Netflix.

The reason I want to turn them off is I am using an addon for my widgets and it has the new episodes available label for every single item in my widgets.

OK got it. I can see where that would be repetitive.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 25/03/2019) - Lastpost - 2019-03-30

(2019-03-30, 23:46)cscott1 Wrote: What sort order for a playlist would users recommend for a somewhat dynamic spotlight? Until if and when the Random sort glitch workaround is figured out. Do you think you would get different results from Rating or MPAA ratings every few days or are they somewhat fixed?
I used multiple settings for playlists, combine genres, exclude romance in action to minimalise duplicates.

Some widgets sorted by rating, others by year, title, date added or studio.

(2019-03-30, 23:53)Lastpost Wrote:
(2019-03-30, 23:46)cscott1 Wrote: What sort order for a playlist would users recommend for a somewhat dynamic spotlight? Until if and when the Random sort glitch workaround is figured out. Do you think you would get different results from Rating or MPAA ratings every few days or are they somewhat fixed?
I used multiple settings for playlists, combine genres, exclude romance in action to minimalise duplicates.

Some widgets sorted by rating, others by year, title, date added or studio.

Nice I'm on it thanks.