Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-04-08

(2019-04-08, 15:23)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-04-08, 02:33)yoshitslc Wrote: Hey everybody ! After 2 weeks of intesive using of the skin, it’s hold it promess. I have some minor desagrement that maybe I can easily fix.

- The Category widget. At first I had only grey tiles, but I got to the settings and add Movie Genre Icons, but it only work for categories like New Releases, Critically-acclaimed. I still have some grey tiles for actual movie genres, like action or science fiction. Maybe there is something to set that I missed... When I try to add an addon in fanart for movie genre in the settings, I can’t put anything.
The categories you mentioned that are working are not from a resource, they're built-in, and will show regardless of movie genre icon.
for the actual genres you need to set bingie movie genre icons as a resource in 'movie genre icons' under resources (general skin settings).
If that doesn't work, maybe your genres are named in french? can you check? (i thought genres are always english but not sure honestly)

- I didn’t found the option to random certain widgets like the Collections widget that I added. I have all my collections alphabeticly, and I would prefer to have them randomized, like in the confluence skin.
That's not possible, because you're setting the widgets from whatever source you want, and use skin shortcuts to set them up in the skin.
If you want random you'll have to use a smartplaylist ordered by 'random' or a bypass make an empty tvshow/movie smartplaylist and then go to mixed in skin helper widgets -> playlists -> choose the playlist you want movie/tvshow and the other as empty and then you can set order to random.
If i'd write the skin from scratch i wouldn't use Skin Shortcuts in the first place, but to change this for titan would be somewhere between impossible to really massive change.

- It seems since 0.3 I can’t change the views of the widgets one by one. I saw the option to change them all, it seems to have disappeared from the shortcut settings. I really loved the possibility to have variety of views for widgets.
I wrote about it a few places (also in the third post of this thread under side notes).
Basically with the vertical fixed focus in bingie layout you can't change layout for specific widgets only as a whole, because that would mess with that feature....
If you disable that, you could still have it like in v0.3.

- There is no way to make a different configuration in hubs. When I go the movie titles screen and change the skin to display posters instead of landscapes, it will impact alls the hubs. It would be very cool to be able to set poster in movies, landscape in tv shows, or the other way around or in other screens...
Hubs were always set by the default layout set in homelayout settings... i get what you suggest but knowing the code it would be a pain in the ARSE to implement.

- And the last is not a problem, more of a matter of curiosity: I saw the font list and I wonder why you choosed to not use the Gotham font for all text ? It’s the Netflix official font and I was suprised to not see it on your skin.
I'm good with code, not so much with other stuff SmileIf you have the font and it's legal to use, supply and i'll happily change it.

That’s it, apart from theses minor trouble, it’s a beautifull, fully fonctionnal and customizable skin, all what I look for. Again, great work !
Thanks again mate.

Oh and one last thing, who is up to replace the sound effect on the splash screen with the voice of Cartman.dos imitating the famous Netflix’s BABOOM introduction ?
Big Grin
If you want my voice that would cost you buddy :}
We couldn't just take netflix intro-fx sound because (1) Copy rights (2) create a distinction/uniqueness (3) finding GOOD & FREE-to-use fx sounds is painful
Not sure if its been mentioned possibly I try to keep up with the thread to try not to be repetitive and of course to see what's new. If possible I believe it would be better if the slim menu was transparent instead of black you only notice a difference in the spotlight but Netflix is transparent and its a nice touch.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-04-08

(2019-04-08, 15:47)cscott1 Wrote: Not sure if its been mentioned possibly I try to keep up with the thread to try not to be repetitive and of course to see what's new. If possible I believe it would be better if the slim menu was transparent instead of black you only notice a difference in the spotlight but Netflix is transparent and its a nice touch. 
I can set the slimmenu to be color-customizable...btw it's already got some transparency to it...

BTW - I don't know how many know this:
In bingie layout, the image shown in spotlight is set by the FANART of an item (or extrafanart if enabled).
and the image in the widget itself is:
1) if there's a LANDSCAPE img available then it would set that
2) if there's no LANDSCAPE img it will put the same fanart as in spotlight AND a clearlogo (if available) on top of it

So the best way to set up artwork is having landscape (a image with title) and fanart (an image without title), that would look best. have a title on the widget and different images for widget/spotlight image.
It can be edited in the skin with artwork beef (context-menu->manage-> AB options) or if you use a manager like Tiny Media Manager you can pre-select the fanart/landscape and when scraping to library it will be set up that way, and you won't have to do it each installation/within the skin itself.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - RKCRLR - 2019-04-08

(2019-04-08, 15:01)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-04-07, 20:16)RKCRLR Wrote: I have either discovered a bug/stability issue or somehow have a corrupted skin installation.  

If I'm watching Live TV or a recording and do some navigation in the home menu the video will stop and I will be in the Program Information window.  Everything is OK when I initially start Koidi.  I can bring up the TV Guide or Recordings menu and navigate them fine.  It is only when I navigate in the Bingie menus that I start having problems.  Once the problem occurs video will stop playing anytime I bring up any menu.  If I restart Kodi the process will eventually repeat.  I don't have this problem in Estuary.  

If I switch to Estuary and then back to Bingie, Kodi will stop the first time I bring up the TV Guide menu (don't know if this is related).  Things are fine once I restart Kodi until I start navigating in the Bingie menus.  

Anyone else have this problem?  
Thanks

Since I don't have a proper PVR and my ability to test this stuff is very limited, if you can try this change and report if it solves will help.
In this XML there are 3 expressions: IsRecognizedVideoContent, IsPlayingUnrecognizedContent, IsPlayingRecognizedContent
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan.bingie/blob/3968673efcf0eae9d971b5ab28e829343222dbda/xml/Includes.xml#L88
(lines 88-92)
replace these three expressions with:

Code:
<expression name="IsRecognizedVideoContent">VideoPlayer.Content(movies) | VideoPlayer.Content(episodes) | VideoPlayer.Content(livetv) | VideoPlayer.Content(musicvideos) | Pvr.IsPlayingRecording</expression>
<expression name="IsPlayingUnrecognizedContent">Player.HasVideo + ![VideoPlayer.Content(movies) | VideoPlayer.Content(episodes) | VideoPlayer.Content(musicvideos) | VideoPlayer.Content(livetv) | Pvr.IsPlayingRecording]</expression>
<expression name="IsPlayingRecognizedContent">Player.HasVideo + [VideoPlayer.Content(movies) | VideoPlayer.Content(episodes) | VideoPlayer.Content(livetv) | VideoPlayer.Content(musicvideos) | Pvr.IsPlayingRecording]</expression>

I replaced the three expressions in my Includes.xml file and restarted Kodi.  No change.  

Anything else I should try?  

Thanks

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-04-08

(2019-04-08, 16:00)RKCRLR Wrote:
(2019-04-08, 15:01)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-04-07, 20:16)RKCRLR Wrote: I have either discovered a bug/stability issue or somehow have a corrupted skin installation.  

If I'm watching Live TV or a recording and do some navigation in the home menu the video will stop and I will be in the Program Information window.  Everything is OK when I initially start Koidi.  I can bring up the TV Guide or Recordings menu and navigate them fine.  It is only when I navigate in the Bingie menus that I start having problems.  Once the problem occurs video will stop playing anytime I bring up any menu.  If I restart Kodi the process will eventually repeat.  I don't have this problem in Estuary.  

If I switch to Estuary and then back to Bingie, Kodi will stop the first time I bring up the TV Guide menu (don't know if this is related).  Things are fine once I restart Kodi until I start navigating in the Bingie menus.  

Anyone else have this problem?  
Thanks

Since I don't have a proper PVR and my ability to test this stuff is very limited, if you can try this change and report if it solves will help.
In this XML there are 3 expressions: IsRecognizedVideoContent, IsPlayingUnrecognizedContent, IsPlayingRecognizedContent
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan.bingie/blob/3968673efcf0eae9d971b5ab28e829343222dbda/xml/Includes.xml#L88
(lines 88-92)

Code:
<expression name="IsRecognizedVideoContent">VideoPlayer.Content(movies) | VideoPlayer.Content(episodes) | VideoPlayer.Content(livetv) | VideoPlayer.Content(musicvideos) | Pvr.IsPlayingRecording</expression>
<expression name="IsPlayingUnrecognizedContent">Player.HasVideo + ![VideoPlayer.Content(movies) | VideoPlayer.Content(episodes) | VideoPlayer.Content(musicvideos) | VideoPlayer.Content(livetv) | Pvr.IsPlayingRecording]</expression>
<expression name="IsPlayingRecognizedContent">Player.HasVideo + [VideoPlayer.Content(movies) | VideoPlayer.Content(episodes) | VideoPlayer.Content(livetv) | VideoPlayer.Content(musicvideos) | Pvr.IsPlayingRecording]</expression>

I replaced the three expressions in my Includes.xml file and restarted Kodi.  No change.  

Thanks 

this happens just with recordings? not with livetv/movies/tvshows...?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - neurosis13 - 2019-04-08

(2019-04-07, 17:49)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-04-07, 16:23)insync44 Wrote: my problem i have since the upgrade, couldn't make it go away, i hope it can be fixed without erasing everything
First, you can always downgrade manually from my git repo.
But I don't believe it has something to do with the update beside mere chance...Do you have forced views on?
If anyone else encountered something like this please do tell. 
yes i am using fixed views and i disabled that and the problem seems to be gone.
maybe it really got something to do with fixed views.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-04-08

(2019-04-08, 15:59)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-04-08, 15:47)cscott1 Wrote: Not sure if its been mentioned possibly I try to keep up with the thread to try not to be repetitive and of course to see what's new. If possible I believe it would be better if the slim menu was transparent instead of black you only notice a difference in the spotlight but Netflix is transparent and its a nice touch. 
I can set the slimmenu to be color-customizable...btw it's already got some transparency to it...

BTW - I don't know how many know this:
In bingie layout, the image shown in spotlight is set by the FANART of an item (or extrafanart if enabled).
and the image in the widget itself is:
1) if there's a LANDSCAPE img available then it would set that
2) if there's no LANDSCAPE img it will put the same fanart as in spotlight AND a clearlogo (if available) on top of it

So the best way to set up artwork is having landscape (a image with title) and fanart (an image without title), that would look best. have a title on the widget and different images for widget/spotlight image.
It can be edited in the skin with artwork beef (context-menu->manage-> AB options) or if you use a manager like Tiny Media Manager you can pre-select the fanart/landscape and when scraping to library it will be set up that way, and you won't have to do it each installation/within the skin itself.

Seems so basic but to a new user this is essential advice another note for the Good to Know section. Also some people don't know that the items have to be in your Kodi library and you cant use Artwork Beef to set the artwork for items from plugins. The skin setting Artwork lookup for plugins and adding the Fanart TV API in the extended info addon and into the plugins settings (if available) is the best you're gonna get there but wont give you the "BEST" look you described. On a side note setting up your Artwork can cause your Kodi build to grow exponentially in size in short amount of time with all the experimenting with different artwork to see what looks best. I advise once you have your library artwork the way you like it delete the thumbnails folder in Kodi's userdata folder don't worry a new one will automatically be generated. Every single image you see in Kodi is cached into memory so if you are using a device that doesn't have a lot of memory this can become an issue also its good to do occasional maintenance with all your devices.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - MovieMan123 - 2019-04-08

(2019-04-08, 15:04)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-04-08, 10:46)MovieMan123 Wrote:  
Looks great, thanks.
1) can you edit your post and use paste.kodi.tv instead?
2) do you want to send the PR on github?
(2019-04-07, 20:11)MovieMan123 Wrote: Second point. I don't get it. When I installed Bingie it started with a screen: "do you want to set the widgets to default?", so I did. But I cannot find these widgets, they are not under Configure shortcuts. 
Thinking of it now, i believe this is because of Skin shortcuts trying to migrate menu from another skin/setup to current skin (there's a setting to share/disable sharing menu between skins). 
I will try. I have never done it before. 
Do you mean this? 
Normal: https://paste.kodi.tv/enibujabep.kodi
Raw: https://paste.kodi.tv/raw/enibujabep

For the Pull Request on Github, I don't know how to do that, I haven't account there.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - RKCRLR - 2019-04-08

(2019-04-08, 16:02)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-04-08, 16:00)RKCRLR Wrote:
(2019-04-08, 15:01)cartman.dos Wrote: Since I don't have a proper PVR and my ability to test this stuff is very limited, if you can try this change and report if it solves will help.
(lines 88-92)

Code:

Thanks   

this happens just with recordings? not with livetv/movies/tvshows...?  
Once it starts happening it happens in Live TV, Recordings, any videos I'm watching.  The really annoying part is when I'm time shifting Live TV.  I loose everything I haven't watched.  

I was thinking about resetting the skin to default and see if the problem still occurs.  If I use the "Reset the skin to default settings" option in Backup and restore will restoring my skin settings settings get me back to where I'm now (in case default settings don't help)?  

Thanks

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - yoshitslc - 2019-04-08

(2019-04-08, 15:23)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-04-08, 02:33)yoshitslc Wrote: Hey everybody ! After 2 weeks of intesive using of the skin, it’s hold it promess. I have some minor desagrement that maybe I can easily fix...

I have shortned the quote but i’ll try to resume with Friends title episode parody for response:

1/The one with the grey categories: I have seen that all the ressources that I need are in the ressources of the moviegenreicon addon that is set in skin ressource settings, but doesn’t match with actual films genre, wich is weird because most of them words are transparent (Action, science-fiction, romance...)

2/ & 3/ The one who want to make chaos and diversity: copy that !

4/The one with the impossible request: completely understand that !

5/The one with the official writting: That is actualy kind of a bit of my job (a really little), but about Gotham font, after some (short) investigations, I really can’t tell you if it’s legal or not to use it. You can have some of the types for free, and some not. It’s a really famous font. It was used on Obama campaing, SNL, Netflix, and a lot of communication campaign. I have them at home because it was mandatory on the executive communication chart of my last job. But I also know that Netflix stopped using it because it costed them millions every years (they developed their own since)... so if your are able to make some test you can find some similar and free fonts on this page:https://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2018/09/10-free-font-alternatives-to-gotham/ (and if you don’t have the time for that maybe I can find some to help)

6/The one who make the baboom voice: it was obviously a joke, it is also (a boring) part of my job to know that you can’t use the original, and that’s what actually gave me the idea to make a silly and fake one with your voice ahah ! In a place where people are to serious if feel the need to say silly things. Big Grin

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - Seattle2Nashville - 2019-04-09

Is there a specific setting that could be blocking studio logos?
My TVDB rating shows and nothing else.
I have a build with the exact same settings and it pulls ratings and studio logos fine.
The build that isn't able to pull studio logos is a fresh build, no use of a backup, I have downloaded the studio logos white and entered it as a source in the skin settings, monochrome is turned on in general and home skin settings. None of the disable studio logo, rating, etc are checked in the home section. All of the enable studio logos, ratings are checked in media view settings and it wont work. I'm using library integration with artwork beef, clear logos and everything shows fine just no studio logos or ratings aside from TVDB. I have API keys for TMDB, TVDB, OMDB and Fanart.tv set in all of the appropriate places.. I'm stumped, any help is appreciated..

Thanks again for the awesome skin!

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - Gil Cruz - 2019-04-09

Legend button don't work on menu osd, after upgrade.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - scofield272 - 2019-04-09

thank you so much for this INSANELY nice skin,

one qustion, sorry if it been asked but how should I add a new a "Multi Widget Hub" tab? 
if I go to "edit shortcuts" and make a new shortcut, i being asked to select to what command I want that this shortcut will be , so here i getting confused because i want a multi Widgets Content screen and not just 1 shortcut, if I just select some addon or something else in this selection screen and then adding Widgets for it, only 1 content shortcut been created. when i press on this new shortcut, it's ignoring the widgets that i selected for this shortcut...

I hope it is possible Smile
thanks in advanced,

Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - bushida87 - 2019-04-09

Spotify doesnt work with this skin [emoji52]

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - yoshitslc - 2019-04-09

(2019-04-09, 19:27)bushida87 Wrote: Spotify doesnt work with this skin [emoji52]
I have problems too but I didn't tied that with the skin. What is making you think that ?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - bushida87 - 2019-04-09

(2019-04-09, 21:18)yoshitslc Wrote:
(2019-04-09, 19:27)bushida87 Wrote: Spotify doesnt work with this skin [emoji52]
I have problems too but I didn't tied that with the skin. What is making you think that ?
Cherry.py?