Kodi Community Forum
Beta No Timeshift / Pause of live TV on latest Betas - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: Argus TV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=172)
+---- Thread: Beta No Timeshift / Pause of live TV on latest Betas (/showthread.php?tid=335238)

No Timeshift / Pause of live TV on latest Betas - i0zjh02 - 2018-09-04

Hi
I've lost ability to pause/timeshift in the latest nighties. Looking at similar posts (for other backends) this seems to be due to changes needed in the Kodi ArgusTV addon to reflect changes in the latest beta versions.

Is there anyone who can sort this for the loyal ArgusTV users who continue to use this great piece of software :-)

RE: No Timeshift / Pause of live TV on latest Betas - goibe - 2018-09-10

Solved in beta 2. Still no edl support in argus but at least now timeshift is working.
Thanks to who fixed it!

RE: No Timeshift / Pause of live TV on latest Betas - i0zjh02 - 2018-09-14

(2018-09-10, 14:09)goibe Wrote: Solved in beta 2. Still no edl support in argus but at least now timeshift is working.
Thanks to who fixed it!
 Yes Big thanks from me too :-)

RE: No Timeshift / Pause of live TV on latest Betas - MadibaJ - 2018-09-21

On beta 2. Still not working for me.

RE: No Timeshift / Pause of live TV on latest Betas - Screech - 2018-09-29

(2018-09-10, 14:09)goibe Wrote: Solved in beta 2. Still no edl support in argus but at least now timeshift is working.
do you mean kodi beta 2 version, or a argus tv plugin or argus tv backend?
PVR-Timeshift don't work for me with the latest milhouse-build  and last argus-tv addon from repo.

RE: No Timeshift / Pause of live TV on latest Betas - goibe - 2018-10-03

I mean in kodi 18 beta 2 windows x64 version. Also works in beta 3 w x64. Don't know if works on other systems.
It works different of previous versions, I only can pause and then resume, I can't rewind, so is working but not completely.
Here an screenshot that what happens when I pause live tv Image

RE: No Timeshift / Pause of live TV on latest Betas - MadibaJ - 2018-10-04

I'm now running Beta 3 and still no time shift.

No Timeshift / Pause of live TV on latest Betas - ksooo - 2018-10-04

As long as no dev steps up to add that missing pieces of code to the ArgusTV add-on, there will be no timeshift.

RE: No Timeshift / Pause of live TV on latest Betas - goibe - 2018-10-12

Yes, is not working. Sorry for posting here that works and confuse people. I thought it worked because I tested it very short time, as I use kodi 17 and Argus to watch TV, because in kodi 18 with Argus the edl commercial skip is not working, and I use kodi 18 only for music and videos, because that part has improved in kodi 18 especially the music section, but the tv has worsened (at least with Argus, I don't know with other backends, and I'm not going to test them because always I'm going back to Argus and is a waste of time to test something that I already know that is worst even if I have to stay in kodi 17 and use 2 different versions of kodi)
What made me think it worked was that when I pause live tv, it pauses and a timeshift bar appears, then if I resume in few seconds it resumes normally. But now i tested better and if I do the same thing for more time the stream blocks and I have to change channel or it stays there doing nothing (can't resume).
I hope some gentle and charitable dev steps up to add that missing pieces of code.
Thanks.

RE: No Timeshift / Pause of live TV on latest Betas - BenAtNVS - 2019-01-03

I have the same worries.

RE: No Timeshift / Pause of live TV on latest Betas - maycatcnc - 2020-09-03

Thanks to who fixed it!

RE: No Timeshift / Pause of live TV on latest Betas - MadibaJ - 2020-09-03

(2020-09-03, 12:21)maycatcnc Wrote: Thanks to who fixed it!

Has there been an update to the Add on?