Kodi Community Forum
v18 Bluray Player Controls not working - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Video Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=264)
+--- Thread: v18 Bluray Player Controls not working (/showthread.php?tid=335265)

Pages: 1 2 3

Bluray Player Controls not working - _novalis - 2018-09-05

If I play a Bluray with menu support I am not able to control the playback anymore.
Only the stop button works. But play, pause, skip, ff don't. And it doesn't matter whether I use the remote control, keyboard or OSD.
I can open the OSD control bar (M) but the controls don't work. Can open the Bluray Menu though. (Would love to see a specific keyboard control button for that).

Also my  <FullScreenVideo> bindings in keyboard.xml dont work for Blurays.

Any ideas?

RE: Bluray Player Controls not working - kimkl - 2018-09-07

The Dev's will most likely fix it before final release, i have the same issue but since the Blu-Ray Menu is a new feature as in regards to being able to use the menu structure, i am okay with the play main movie or simple menu.
My guess is that its related to the java on some Blu-Rays i have not tried every Movie i own just the few i watch.
But patience my friend Rome did not get build in 1 day, and it burned down a couple times to before it was ready for occupants 
Thank you

RE: Bluray Player Controls not working - Ace - 2018-09-11

(2018-09-05, 15:54)_novalis Wrote: Can open the Bluray Menu though. (Would love to see a specific keyboard control button for that).

ctrl-shift-m is the button combination for disc menus.

RE: Bluray Player Controls not working - _novalis - 2018-09-11

(2018-09-11, 10:21)Ace Wrote:
(2018-09-05, 15:54)_novalis Wrote: Can open the Bluray Menu though. (Would love to see a specific keyboard control button for that).

Okay thanks. And if I'd like to change that, what would be the Action ID / Name for keyboard.xml?

RE: Bluray Player Controls not working - Ace - 2018-09-11

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml#L159

RE: Bluray Player Controls not working - _novalis - 2018-09-11

Yes that works.
As mentioned above unfortunately the  <FullScreenVideo> tag doesn't seem to work for Bluray video.
I am looking forward to getting it fixed.
Thank you.

RE: Bluray Player Controls not working - debutanker - 2018-09-15

There has been some work done on this (many thanks) and i tested it with tonights Milhouse ---> https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14429
For me "Pause" works now. Skipping/FF only works once for me - if i try to skip for the second time, no reaction.

RE: Bluray Player Controls not working - _novalis - 2018-09-15

I have some Blurays where play/pause works and some not. Mostly not.

I'd like to know if there will be a new tag for bluray fullscreen or if fullscreenvideo will stay (and work) because all the settings for fullscreenvideo in keyboard.xml won't apply at the moment.

RE: Bluray Player Controls not working - _novalis - 2019-01-30

(2018-09-11, 10:21)Ace Wrote:

Anything new on how I get that to work with my remote now.

Seems that nothing has changed yet...?

RE: Bluray Player Controls not working - bigpen23 - 2019-02-04

Hi, I also found that <FullScreenVideo> in keyboard.xml does not work for Blurays. Will this be fixed in the next release? or any workaround? I can't move the keys to <global> as there are duplications.

RE: Bluray Player Controls not working - _novalis - 2019-02-04

try the <VideoMenu> section, e. g.

<VideoMenu>
<remote> <menu>PlayerControl(ShowVideoMenu</menu>
</remote>
</VideoMenu>

RE: Bluray Player Controls not working - bigpen23 - 2019-02-06

It works!!! Thanks novalis!

I found another issue with Kodi 18. The "left" and "right" button cannot step forward or backward during playback for some bluray iso. I think those are the bluray with BD-J menu which cannot be played in Kodi 17. I will try again and see if I can change the keymap to work around it.

Anyway, Kodi 18 is a big improvement on Bluray menu playbac, really good for music bluray!

RE: Bluray Player Controls not working - bigpen23 - 2019-02-06

I did some tests and found out that "left" and "right" button issue is also related to <FullScreenVideo>.

So there are two problems with certain type of bluray videos with BD-J menu (I don't know how to describe the format, but many classical music bluray use this format) :

1. <FullScreenVideo> event not detected during video playback
2. When select tracks from Popup menu, it has a few seconds delay

Hope these can be fixed soon.

RE: Bluray Player Controls not working - _novalis - 2019-02-06

The arrow buttons are designated to navigate within the BD Menu. You can't apply two different actions to them. If you want to skip or fast forward you have to use FF or Skip on your remote or designated buttons on your keyboard.
In <VideoMenu>, try

<forward>StepForward</forward> <reverse>StepBack</reverse>
<skipplus>ChapterOrBigStepForward</skipplus>
<skipminus>ChapterOrBigStepBack</skipminus>

RE: Bluray Player Controls not working - bigpen23 - 2019-02-07

Thank you for the advice, really appreciated!