Kodi Community Forum
Deprecated Weatherbit.io - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: Deprecated Weatherbit.io (/showthread.php?tid=335425)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Weatherbit.io - ronie - 2018-09-11

For Kodi 19 (and up), please use the Multi Weather addon instead: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=352028

This weather addon gets weather data from weatherbit.io and (optionally) weather maps from openweathermap.

The addon provides:
  • current weather
  • hourly weather (48 hours)
  • daily weather (16 days)
  • weather maps

In order to use this addon, you need to sign up for an weather.io free api key:
https://www.weatherbit.io/

For the weather maps (optional), you'll need a free api key from openweathermaps:
http://openweathermap.org/appid

The addon is available through the Kodi addon repo.

If you have issues with this addon, please post a Debug Log!

1 enable debug logging in kodi
2 enable logging in the weatherbit.io addon settings
3 restart kodi
4 go to the weather window
5 wait a few minutes
6 post the entire kodi.log file on https://paste.kodi.tv/

You will receive NO support without a debug log.

RE: Weatherbit.io - Lunatixz - 2018-09-11

Awesome @ronie thank you...

RE: Weatherbit.io - Angelinas - 2018-09-11

Workiing as expecting,
error , when turn on "download weather maps" in map settings ,when is of script working.
Code:
07:13:50.117 T:4296   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.SyntaxError'>
                                            Error Contents: unexpected EOF while parsing (<string>, line 0)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Test\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.weatherbit.io\default.py", line 463, in <module>
                                                forecast(locationname, locationid, locationdeg)
                                              File "C:\Users\Test\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.weatherbit.io\default.py", line 186, in forecast
                                                lat = float(eval(locationdeg)[0])
                                              File "<string>", line 0

^
                                            SyntaxError: unexpected EOF while parsing
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

RE: Weatherbit.io - ronie - 2018-09-11

thanx for testing :-)

could you please share your setting file (../userdata/addon_data/weather.weatherbit.io/settings.xml)?
(you can remove the api keys from the file before posting)

RE: Weatherbit.io - Angelinas - 2018-09-11

I Hope this will help you, and me  Smile
Code:
<settings version="2">
    <setting id="API">#################</setting>
    <setting id="Debug" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="LatLon" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="Location1">Belgrade (RS)</setting>
    <setting id="Location1ID">792680</setting>
    <setting id="Location2" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location2ID" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location3" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location3ID" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location4" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location4ID" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location5" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location5ID" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="MAPAPI">">#################</</setting>
    <setting id="WMaps">true</setting>
    <setting id="Zoom">4</setting>
</settings>

RE: Weatherbit.io - ronie - 2018-09-11

it's missing a few settings... not sure how that can happen..
could it be you manually entered the location name and ID in the expert settings tab?

anyway, get v0.0.3 of the addon, delete the settings file and use the normal search functionality to find the location.
hope that will fix it ;-)

RE: Weatherbit.io - Angelinas - 2018-09-12

no error in log...working download map, but all 4 are same.

openweathermap-extended

weatherbit.io (same image is for,precipation,presure.temp.wind)

One more thing when disable addon"weather.openweathermap.extended' have some error log for missing part for script
.....Kodi\addons\script.openweathermap.maps\resources\lib\utils.py    line 6 ,
MAINADDON  = xbmcaddon.Addon('weather.openweathermap.extended')

is for this addon need to have enabled addon "weather.openweathermap.extended' .
If I must have what is purpos of this new weather I will continue to use extended Smile
Code:
<settings version="2">
    <setting id="API">##########</setting>
    <setting id="Debug" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="LatLon" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="Location1">Belgrade (RS)</setting>
    <setting id="Location1deg" default="true">[&apos;44.8178&apos;, &apos;20.4569&apos;]</setting>
    <setting id="Location1ID" default="true">792680</setting>
    <setting id="Location2" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location2deg" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location2ID" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location3" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location3deg" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location3ID" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location4" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location4deg" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location4ID" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location5" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location5deg" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location5ID" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="MAPAPI">##############</setting>
    <setting id="WMaps">true</setting>
    <setting id="Zoom">4</setting>
</settings>
when I change setings "expert", nothing change in setings when i exit from setings for this addon and back all location in expert are empty.

RE: Weatherbit.io - ronie - 2018-09-12

i've fixed the maps issues a day or two ago (script.openweathermap.maps v0.2.1) perhaps you hadn't received the update yet...it should be there now.

i'll remove the expert settings, that indeed doesn't work anymore (bug in kodi leia).

RE: Weatherbit.io - Angelinas - 2018-09-12

I use from your repo, script.openweathermap.maps v0.2.1.For weather.openweathermap.extended is working without isue, but for this new weather all 4 are same...

Edit:
Fixed with changed API key MAPAPI (here need to be key from openweathermap.org)

RE: Weatherbit.io - melons2 - 2018-09-13

It works great!!

This is after some juggling and manual fooling around.......
I am using LEIA nightly of 9/11/2018 and Windows 10 and it would not install correctly. I got the error "The dependency of script.openweathermap.maps version 0.2.2 could not be satisfied"

I hope this helps.

RE: Weatherbit.io - melons2 - 2018-09-13

I also had an error where on the home screen it said there has been an error see log:
I used to see a post log link button on these pages and don't see it now, so please forgive my posting the end of the log file containing the error:

python:
14:53:52.210 T:9648   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unknown addon id 'weather.openweathermap.extended'.
14:53:52.212 T:9648   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: Unknown addon id 'weather.openweathermap.extended'.
                                              File "C:\Users\usernamehere\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.openweathermap.maps\default.py", line 15, in <module>
                                                from utils import *
                                              File "C:\Users\usernamehere\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.openweathermap.maps\resources\lib\utils.py", line 6, in <module>
                                            RuntimeError: Unknown addon id 'weather.openweathermap.extended'.
14:53:55.656 T:5800   ERROR: Control 9 in window 10140 has been asked to focus, but it can't
14:54:08.690 T:5068   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unknown addon id 'weather.openweathermap.extended'.
14:54:08.692 T:5068   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "C:\Users\usernamehere\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.openweathermap.maps\default.py", line 15, in <module>
                                                from utils import *
                                              File "C:\Users\usernamehere\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.openweathermap.maps\resources\lib\utils.py", line 6, in <module>
14:54:15.967 T:3940   ERROR: CImageLoader:Big GrinoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.mediaicons.coloured/studios/
14:54:15.968 T:8672   ERROR: CImageLoader:Big GrinoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.mediaicons.coloured/videocodec/
14:54:15.968 T:7888   ERROR: CImageLoader:Big GrinoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.mediaicons.coloured/videoresolution/
14:54:15.968 T:8672   ERROR: CImageLoader:Big GrinoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.mediaicons.coloured/aspectratio/
14:54:15.968 T:7888   ERROR: CImageLoader:Big GrinoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.mediaicons.coloured/recordlabel/
14:54:15.969 T:7700   ERROR: CImageLoader:Big GrinoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.mediaicons.coloured/audiocodec/
14:54:31.502 T:3920   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unknown addon id 'weather.openweathermap.extended'.
14:54:31.504 T:3920   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                from utils import *

RE: Weatherbit.io - ronie - 2018-09-14

thanx both of you!

hopefully this combination fixes the errors with the weather maps:
script.openweathermap.maps-0.2.2.zip
weather.weatherbit.io-0.0.5.zip

RE: Weatherbit.io - melons2 - 2018-09-14

I have installed the new links you left above.
The only things missing now are the:
1. 36 hour report category
2. weekend report category

THANKS! GREAT WORK!

RE: Weatherbit.io - scott967 - 2018-10-02

I think the README in github needs to be updated, as 36hour and weekend isn't provided by this script.

Also sea level pressure units should in milibar (mb) not mm but I don't see any way to send a PR to your gitlab project site.

scott s.

RE: Weatherbit.io - ronie - 2018-10-02

thx! will fix the pressure unit and update the readme.

gitlab allows you to create a merge request (haven't tested it myself, but i assume it's similar to githubs pull request), it requires a gitlab account ofc.