Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] YouTube3 - YouTube Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] YouTube3 - YouTube Script (/showthread.php?tid=33585)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

- borick - 2008-09-22

Hello all,

I did some updates and made a new release on the google code site for this script. My responses to some of your queries below:

touser,

unfortunately I haven't had a chance to run this on linux yet. I will make this my top priority for any future changes I will do, and ensure the next release is linux compatible.

waldo22,

i have added some views to the newest version on google code site. let me know what you think or you had any other views in mind.

cybercisco,

the feature you request would be cool, so I will try to add it in the future

Regards,
Boris

- borick - 2008-09-23

I'm working on another update. There's a branch in youtube versions going on! BernardO made another update to the YouTube2a script on xbmcscripts. BernardO, as mentioned on the google code page, I think we should combine our efforts. I am flexible on how we do this, my only wish is to make as good a script as possible Smile

Features in next release (coming soon):
- add ability to change sort order
- attempt to make code more cross OS compatible
- tweak the views a bit to add additional views, remove any unnecessary ones

Other features at some point/if I have time Smile
- add ability to queue up multiple videos in a row

Question:
do you guys like the big thumbnail view, or should I just remove it entirely?

If anyone makes or finds any good custom views for the list containers, please share!

- waldo22 - 2008-09-23

Borick,

Thanks a ton for this.

I'm out of town until Thursday, but I'll try it then and report back.

This is great.

Good luck working with BernardO.

Wes

- borick - 2008-09-24

To get it working mostly linux, rename the "pal" directory in "resources/skins/DefaultSkin" to "PAL" (uppercase) I only had the chance to test this in Ubuntu hardy in a VM, so please report usability in linux.

This will fix the "XML File for Window not found" error

- touser - 2008-09-24

Thanks for the update borick. I renamed pal to PAL and now the script starts up and displays the interface, but quickly crashes back to xbmc. Before it would never get that far so its definitively an improvement Smile.

- borick - 2008-09-24

touser Wrote:Thanks for the update borick. I renamed pal to PAL and now the script starts up and displays the interface, but quickly crashes back to xbmc. Before it would never get that far so its definitively an improvement Smile.

In my VM I had a black screen, but after clicking i was able to get past it and play a video. What version of linux are you using?

- touser - 2008-09-24

clean install of hardy, latest hardy ppa xbmc build. When i launch version 3.1 it will bring the gui up, go through the "downloading" pop up "view: full list" and then crash. If i cancel it before it has had time to complete it will stay in the scrips but as soon as i select anything it crashes.

- BernardO - 2008-09-25

borick Wrote:I'm working on another update. There's a branch in youtube versions going on! BernardO made another update to the YouTube2a script on xbmcscripts. BernardO, as mentioned on the google code page, I think we should combine our efforts. I am flexible on how we do this, my only wish is to make as good a script as possible Smile
Hello Boris

Thanks for your offer to cooperate. Like yourself I am a busy guy. I made YouTube 2a 0.96 only because my search wasn't flexible enough, so I wanted an option to sort results by date added, relevance, view count and rating. That was the final thing to do for me in YouTube 2a far as I am concerned.
However, since you offer me to cooperate maybe we can do some brainstorming about reaching your goal which is to make youtube3 the best script possible. I don't think I will do some code for youtube3 because that is your baby. However, if you wanted me to I can't guarantee I will have the time. I hate the fact that I am always so busy, but unfortunately that's life for me at the moment. So if you are up to some brainstorming let's do it.
Here is an idea for you. What about a menu in which you can configure how to display your results ? For example, some users might not want to see your preview thumbs or some other things in the results. You could offer them an option to change that.

Kind regards,
BernardO

- icebox - 2008-09-29

idlerobbo Wrote:im trying to run this on the latestbuild in windows and I just get a 'downloading playlist file...' message - any ideas why? I've left this for a good ten minutes and nothing returned...

Have you managed to fix this?

I have just finished my media center pc, installed xbmc (latest version) and get the same problem (with all youtube scripts available)

My internet connection is working fine btw on the pc.

Thank you

- quetzalcoatl - 2008-10-05

Thanks for the plugin, it's really outstanding.

Is it possible to select between youtube video quality (&fmt=18) and set it to the max?

- wwboy - 2008-10-05

it doesn't start on my xbox
when I try to start it nothing happens

- fmark - 2008-11-13

Great script. Thank you !

I have some question. Is it possible to make a search in different languages ? Not only in English. I'm actually interested in Russian keyboard layout. Smile

Thanks.

- borick - 2008-11-13

To those requesting higher quality...

Unfortunately, I haven't had my XBOX with me, I'm traveling on business trip for a few months so I can't test these changes.

Here's something you can try if you are technically inclined:

in the youtube.py file, on line 85... change the line to:

self.video_url = self.base_url + '/?fmt=18&v=%s'

The upload the file to your YouTube3 scripts folder

I haven't tested to see if this results in a higher quality format. This would hard-code to always try and use the higher quality, as far as I know. If anyone tries this and it works, please let me know and I will include an updated release.

- ozzieguy - 2008-11-15

Yes borick it certainly made a difference.
Many thanks yet again.

- timdog82001 - 2008-11-17

touser Wrote:clean install of hardy, latest hardy ppa xbmc build. When i launch version 3.1 it will bring the gui up, go through the "downloading" pop up "view: full list" and then crash. If i cancel it before it has had time to complete it will stay in the scrips but as soon as i select anything it crashes.

i have this same problem only with intrepid