Kodi Community Forum
Android Using DVD Order TheMovieDatabase - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: TV Show Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=305)
+----- Thread: Android Using DVD Order TheMovieDatabase (/showthread.php?tid=337445)

Pages: 1 2

Using DVD Order TheMovieDatabase - User 423907 - 2018-11-13

Hi there,
I have a couple problems with kodi. I have it installed on my amazon firetv, I think it's the latest kodi android build.

1) I use TheMovieDB.org for all my movies and tv shows. Now I have encountered a problem: I can't find the setting to activate using DVD order. If I switch to tvdb there the option is present, but I really don't like using different scrapers.
2) IF your suggestion is just using tvdb I have a different problem with that: For shows that I scrape with tvdb it shows me next to the tv show entry the runtime, shows I scrape with moviedb it shows the year of release (which I highly prefer!!).
3) Another problem I encountered is that for many tv shows it won't show me the rating, instead it shows "0.0". For some shows it shows a rating for the show, but "0.0" for the episodes, for other shows its the other way around and for some it presents me with "0.0" for everything. But that's a minor problem.

The first 2 mentioned problems are way more important to me. If one or the either can be resolved I'd be super happy. Thanks for all ideas!

RE: Using DVD Order TheMovieDatabase - Karellen - 2018-11-13

(2018-11-13, 05:16)Vogeluff Wrote: 1) I use TheMovieDB.org for all my movies and tv shows. Now I have encountered a problem: I can't find the setting to activate using DVD order.
There is no setting for DVD Order at TheMovieDB. Until recently, they never had alternative order listings and very few shows currently have DVD Order. The other issue is that TVDB allows only one DVD Order listing, whereas at TheMovieDB multiple listings can be created, which causes problems as the scraper has no idea which one you want. It will not be implemented in its current state. Either switch to TheTVDB where you need DVD Order, or adjust the order of your files if you still want to use TheMovieDB.

(2018-11-13, 05:16)Vogeluff Wrote: 2) IF your suggestion is just using tvdb I have a different problem with that: For shows that I scrape with tvdb it shows me next to the tv show entry the runtime, shows I scrape with moviedb it shows the year of release (which I highly prefer!!).
A screenshot will help me understand this comment.

(2018-11-13, 05:16)Vogeluff Wrote: 3) Another problem I encountered is that for many tv shows it won't show me the rating, instead it shows "0.0". For some shows it shows a rating for the show, but "0.0" for the episodes, for other shows its the other way around and for some it presents me with "0.0" for everything. But that's a minor problem.
Not aware of any problems with ratings. Provide a Debug Log which captures the scraping of a show, as well as a link to the show at whichever site you are using for the scrape.

RE: Using DVD Order TheMovieDatabase - User 423907 - 2018-11-13

Thanks for the fast reply.
I don't know how to produce a debug log, or better worded: i don't know how to get it when i produce it. I generally can't really access the kodi files or whatever since it runs on my firetv and I am not that savy that I can workaround my way there. Here is the log: debug log
I made you a super fancy camera-made "screenshot" of my problem #2 Big Grin
you can see the 0.0 ratings on the picture aswell I just noticed, the ones not working correctly at the moment for me are:
Afro Samurai South Park Case Closed(But I have the german version "Detektiv Conan" and I'm pretty sure that that is messing it up) and Grisu (Same as case closed)
Also for House Season 6, Episode 2 it doesn't show a rating and I think that is because IMDb has listed the first 2 episodes as one since they are part 1 and 2 and aired together in america. But it shows no ratings for the batman the animated series episodes except for the first one so I don't know what's wrong..

I hope that's helping. Thanks for your effort!

(2018-11-13, 05:52)Vogeluff Wrote: I made you a super fancy camera-made "screenshot" of my problem #2 Big Grin
Yes, fancy Wink What skin are you using? Wondering if that is a skin issue, rather than a Kodi issue. I see skin helper add-ons installed, so that may be an issue also.

Debug Log is almost there. Everything is right except you did not replicate the problem by scraping the show, so there is nothing to see. Remove one of your shows from the library, then rescrape it back into the library. Make sure you capture it in the log with Debug Mode enabled.

I use the Arctic: Zephyr skin. Here is the new debug log.
I am really not the most into kodi and stuff, I just try to use it and organize my library well (which it does brilliantly except for the little problems I encounter).
It looks to me like the scraping and not getting ratings problem is a general problem since multiple shows encounter it multiple ways and some just don't. But I might be wrong.
That the one show I scraped with tvdb shows runtime rather than the year seems to be because the shows scraped with moviedb don't have a runtime scraped (even though on the moviedb website they have it added..). Kodi seemingly prefers to show runtime over year if it exists. Would be awesome if one could decide what to have there or something like that.

Don't confuse Kodi with skins. The runtime -v- year issue seems to be a skin preference. Kodi just supplies the data, the skins use whichever data the skinner has coded to be displayed. That would be a question for the Arctic Zephyr thread.

Yes, I can see the rating issue at line 1023.
xml:
scraper: GetDetails returned <details><title>Afro Samurai</title><originaltitle>Afro Samurai</originaltitle><id>19544</id><uniqueid type="tmdb" default="true">19544</uniqueid><year>2007</year><premiered>2007-01-04</premiered><studio>Spike</studio><ratings><rating name="themoviedb" default="true"><value>0.0,

Unfortunately there is no way to see ratings and total votes on the TMDB site... https://www.themoviedb.org/talk/589ed666c3a3684bad008da2

I think that it is a simple matter that these more obscure titles have no ratings. Like you said in your first post, "many tv shows it won't show me the rating" which means that you are getting ratings for some, I suspect more popular, shows.

Maybe @olympia might have a comment.

I will move your thread to Metadata Scrapers forum.

I scraped Dexter, and there were ratings... https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/1405-dexter?language=en-US

I just scraped Doctor Who (2005) and there were no ratings with TheMovieDB. I would definitely expect ratings for this hugely popular show... https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/57243-doctor-who?language=en-US

There might be something to your report after all Smile

@olympia is there a problem with scraping ratings with some shows?

Even scraping with TVDB, the <value> is given for Doctor Who, but the <votes> is 0. But looking at an archived library export, I have <votes>741</votes>. I suppose this one is more for @scudlee

it would be great if my little noob-report resulted in you more well informed people actually finding something wrong. hopefully it can be fixed! i just checked all my movies even nieche german ones and they all scraped the ratings, so it's definetly a tv show thing. and tvdb aswell as moviedb have problems with it. so far i don't see a specific pattern, it seems rather random.

in the meanwhile i "fixed" the year/runtime issue (for my personal taste) by choosing a layout that wouldn't show that info. lol.

RE: Using DVD Order TheMovieDatabase - scudlee - 2018-11-13

I can confirm that TheMovieDB API does report 0 ratings for Doctor Who (2005), so that's not an issue with the scraper, but it may be an issue with TheMovieDB (or with the people (not) rating shows on the site).

The TVDB scraper not reporting the vote counts is a bug, though.  It's because thetvdb added the URL slugs to the end of the API response, where before it was the "siteRatingCount" that was last.  The expression capturing the value includes the closing parenthesis, so it now fails.

If you search for "siteRatingCount" in the scraper xml, you can fix this yourself now by replacing the "}" at the end of the expression with a "," (a comma). (Only for the first instance, the episode rating doesn't need fixing.)
I will make an update with the fix, but it might take a while, as I'm in the middle of a major refactoring of the scraper, so disentangling myself from that to push a minor fix like this will have to wait.

Quote:I can confirm that TheMovieDB API does report 0 ratings for Doctor Who (2005), so that's not an issue with the scraper, but it may be an issue with TheMovieDB (or with the people (not) rating shows on the site).

but isn't the scraper supposed to use the imdb ratings that the moviedb links to?

(2018-11-13, 12:14)scudlee Wrote: If you search for "siteRatingCount" in the scraper xml, you can fix this yourself now by replacing the "}" at the end of the expression with a "," (a comma). (Only for the first instance, the episode rating doesn't need fixing.)
I will make an update with the fix,
Thanks @scudlee

(2018-11-13, 12:14)scudlee Wrote: I'm in the middle of a major refactoring of the scraper,
Let me know if you need a hand testing. What changes are you making?

RE: Using DVD Order TheMovieDatabase - Karellen - 2018-11-14

(2018-11-13, 18:08)Vogeluff Wrote: but isn't the scraper supposed to use the imdb ratings that the moviedb links to?
No. TheMovieDB TV Show scraper does not scrape IMDB ratings. Only the TVDB scraper will do that.

@olympia is it possible to add the option to scrape IMDB ratings for TV Shows the same way TVDB does? I have wondered that myself.

RE: Using DVD Order TheMovieDatabase - scudlee - 2018-11-14

(2018-11-13, 20:26)Karellen Wrote:
(2018-11-13, 12:14)scudlee Wrote: I'm in the middle of a major refactoring of the scraper,
Let me know if you need a hand testing. What changes are you making?    
No outward changes, at least. The current version of the scraper is basically my earlier xslt scraper for the v1 API but with the v2 API kludged on top and forced and contorted to work with the existing code. It's a bit of a mess.
The new version is basically a bottom-up rewrite for the v2 API, starting from scratch (but not completely, I'm not an idiot). But no new features.

The real reason for doing it, though, is that I've broken each detail out into it's own completely independent function and stuck them into a shared library which any scraper could theoretically call (if they have the tvdb id).
If I then add a few "ByExternalId"-type functions so they can work with imdb ids, and tmdb ids...
And then maybe do something similar for the tmdb scraper...
And maybe for imdb too...
And Trakt? And TVMaze?...

Then maybe somewhere down the line I could write a universal TV scraper. Maybe.

That's sort of the plan, at least.

But nothing currently worth testing.
Unless you want to test the Episode Groups code I wrote for the tmdb tv scraper (bringing things somewhat back to the title of the thread)?

RE: Using DVD Order TheMovieDatabase - Martijn - 2018-11-14

Python scrapers should be the solution

RE: Using DVD Order TheMovieDatabase - scudlee - 2018-11-14

OK, I'll stop then.