Kodi Community Forum
100 Best Movies of All Time (smartplaylist) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=113)
+--- Thread: 100 Best Movies of All Time (smartplaylist) (/showthread.php?tid=338797)

Pages: 1 2 3

100 Best Movies of All Time (smartplaylist) - PatK - 2018-12-30

Following https://247wallst.com/special-report/2018/07/19/100-best-movies-of-all-time/2/ I take no responsibility for the accuracy, but it seems to work. I simplified the listing by excluded the dates, colons, odd foreign characters, and if your movie name doesn't match the title, you'll have to edit your movie title or the listing in the smartplaylist for it to show up. I didn't use the exclusion rule to exclude wrong dates or sets etc, feel free to edit or improve, and if you do re-post with links, I don't think that pastebin.com will hold stuff beyond 30 days.

https://pastebin.com/ata8ESQY

Save this as "100-Best Movies of All Time.xsp" with your favourite editor and place it in the Userdata (wiki) folder playlists/video, enter Kodi and select the listing in smartplaylists. Obviously if you don't have the movie in your personal library, it isn't going to show up.

RE: 100 Best Movies of All Time (smartplaylist) - tjay260476 - 2018-12-31

I’m going to try this tonight!

Thanks Laugh

RE: 100 Best Movies of All Time (smartplaylist) - Dumyat - 2019-01-02

Very refreshing to see so many classic and cult movies that pre-date 1950 making an appearance in this list.  Smile
So many of the big blockbuster movies these days seem to be either a sequel, re-boot or something that is full of GCI.

Just goes to show you can't beat a solid acting performance or original storyline...... Smile

RE: 100 Best Movies of All Time (smartplaylist) - tjay260476 - 2019-01-02

Just had a play....

Once I had it working, AND working in my 'On Demand' part of Estuary (read favourites!), brilliant!! I have 14/100 Woo hoo!!!

City Lights being the first, and La La Land being the last! (sorry Midnight - too soon?! Rofl ) I apparently have not a bad taste in movies!

RE: 100 Best Movies of All Time (smartplaylist) - Harro - 2019-01-05

It works great. Thanks. Have 50 of the movies Smile

RE: 100 Best Movies of All Time (smartplaylist) - Fredouye - 2019-01-29

Hi

IMHO there's a better way Wink

I use this smart playlist :

Films top250
xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Top 250</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="top250" operator="greaterthan">
        <value>0</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="path" operator="contains">
        <value>Films</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="ascending">top250</order>
</smartplaylist>

You can adapt it to display only the first 100 movies.

RE: 100 Best Movies of All Time (smartplaylist) - PatK - 2019-01-29

@Fredouye for sure that works with Kodi, short & sweet. The playlists I post are based on various criteria and taken from the URL link provided, in effect providing a list what one site or crtic deems as his best, usually taken from some explanation of choices.

RE: 100 Best Movies of All Time (smartplaylist) - Elisabeth35 - 2019-01-30

Thanks for the selection. I didn’t even know what to do in the evening. You need to see everything, just enough time.

RE: 100 Best Movies of All Time (smartplaylist) - Harro - 2019-02-02

@PatK 
Is there a way to have both a TV show and Movie playlist in 1 playlist? I was looking at doing something like the "Life of Stan Lee" in both his Marvel TV shows and Movies. It seems that if I choose a mixed playlist it will either just display the movies or Tv shows?

RE: 100 Best Movies of All Time (smartplaylist) - Kokonutcreme - 2019-02-03

@PatK

Is it possible to sort the playlist in the order the films are added in descending order from 100 to 1?

Its sorted by year by default and selecting any other criteria doesnt improve the listing order.

RE: 100 Best Movies of All Time (smartplaylist) - PatK - 2019-02-06

@Harro  No TV & Movies must be in their separate playlist. But you can have both in one 'Node' as two entries. Video nodes (wiki) There's a lot of misunderstanding and difficulty setting nodes up, but once you get the quirks behind you, playlists and favourites will be left behind. Leave messages here if you have any difficulty.

@Kokonutcreme Editing the playlist itself will give you more options (alas It didn't seem they work) If you're really invested in this idea, then best solution would be to tag them with your own rating system. I use Kodi in Windowed mode, and a/b against an alpha sorted text list as that's the way Kodi handles the titles.

RE: 100 Best Movies of All Time (smartplaylist) - Kokonutcreme - 2019-02-09

@PatK 

Thanks didn't think of tagging them with personal rating, will give that a go.

Was pleasantly surprised to see 88 of these titles appear in my library, didn't think I had that many

RE: 100 Best Movies of All Time (smartplaylist) - PatK - 2019-02-09

I'm think about setting up for Oscars winners of all time as a parent node, and have the various categories sub nodes, but wondering if I should include nominees and grouping by time?

[edit] User 'bsoriano' did all the hard work, and his adaption is available 'many thank-yous' https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=341374

RE: 100 Best Movies of All Time (smartplaylist) - bsoriano - 2019-02-21

(2019-02-09, 20:19)PatK Wrote: I'm think about setting up for Oscars winners of all time as a parent node, and have the various categories sub nodes, but wondering if I should include nominees and grouping by decode?

@PatK, I have playlists (up to date as of 2018) with the winners in all categories except for shorts and documentaries. I also have a consolidated playlist. Please let me know if you would like me to post a link to them.

I am thinking about setting up nodes for this. Are you using tags for the categories or making nodes based on playlists?

RE: 100 Best Movies of All Time (smartplaylist) - HomerJau - 2019-02-23

(2019-01-29, 13:44)Fredouye Wrote: Hi

IMHO there's a better way Wink

I use this smart playlist :

Films top250
xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Top 250</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="top250" operator="greaterthan">
        <value>0</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="path" operator="contains">
        <value>Films</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="ascending">top250</order>
</smartplaylist>

You can adapt it to display only the first 100 movies.

I use this IMDB Top 250 smart play list. I have it on my customised Movies sub menu along with one for academy award Best Picture winners for each year.

Please check out this add-on that auto (and manually) will update your Kodi library with latest Top250 positions, since it’s based on user voting which changes daily or if your movie scraper doesn’t get IMDB Top250 info: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=316342