Kodi Community Forum
Aeon TAJO - Leia - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Tajo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=296)
+---- Thread: Aeon TAJO - Leia (/showthread.php?tid=338895)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Aeon TAJO - Asterra - 2019-12-17

(2019-12-17, 03:36)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-12-17, 03:14)Asterra Wrote: I've tried disc.png (this is what scrapers are defaulting to)
No, it defaults to discart. Artwork should be discart.png or <filename>-discart.png, depending on your settings.
Interesting.  Riddle me this: When I pointed the skin directly at my existing disc.png, it accepted it and the animated disc worked.  Afterward, changing the filename for that piece of art to discart.png (meaning the disc.png it's supposed to be looking for is no longer there), it still found the correct art and animated it.  But using the filename discart.png for any movie where I have not manually specified a discart file results in the skin not finding or animating any disc.

Therefore the problem seems to be that disc art, for whatever reason uniquely, is being considered absent under all circumstances, and the only fix I currently know of is to manually point the app to the art that it's supposed to find on its own in the first place.  That's something that just isn't going to happen for 1000 movies so I'm definitely hoping for some insight into what might be going on here.

RE: Aeon TAJO - Gioherk - 2019-12-20

@manfeed the greek characters are not display correctly.
Can you please fix it because I love this skin and I don't want to change it for this problem.
https://ibb.co/nnj4p4L

RE: Aeon TAJO - manfeed - 2019-12-20

Sorry, I can't help you, since it seems that the skin fonts used are not designed to deal with your language. In case you don't mind to tinker a bit and see what happens you could try this:

* Get two fonts (*.ttf files) that you know for sure that are well suited for your language (one for the titles and the other for the plots), and change their names to The Bold Font.ttf and Kiye Sans.ttf
* Go to the folder [...]\skin.aeon.tajo\fonts (the exact location of this folder depends on your system), overwrite the original two fonts with yours and restart Kodi.

RE: Aeon TAJO - Bl4ck-H34d - 2019-12-21

(2019-12-20, 09:55)manfeed Wrote: Sorry, I can't help you, since it seems that the skin fonts used are not designed to deal with your language. In case you don't mind to tinker a bit and see what happens you could try this:

* Get two fonts (*.ttf files) that you know for sure that are well suited for your language (one for the titles and the other for the plots), and change their names to The Bold Font.ttf and Kiye Sans.ttf
* Go to the folder [...]\skin.aeon.tajo\fonts (the exact location of this folder depends on your system), overwrite the original two fonts with yours and restart Kodi.

Hi Manfeed,

I used the technique you described and it worked perfectly for me. (Chinese Characters)
Now I only need to adjust the text field size from the Fanart3D description. Where can I find the concerning code for this in your skin?

Thank you in advanced and also thanks for this amazing skin! Never want to change it again, its perfect!

RE: Aeon TAJO - manfeed - 2019-12-21

Post an image, please...

(2019-12-21, 02:49)manfeed Wrote: Post an image, please...

Found it after playing a bit with the code, but I see why the fonts are locked. Different fonts mess a lot with the style and almost everything would need to be readjusted to the new font.
I will try to figure out a different solution. I am currently checking if I can combine the Chinese glyphs with the Kiye font you used and bake one single font supporting both without changing half the skin.

RE: Aeon TAJO - Konon - 2019-12-21

(2019-12-21, 12:01)Bl4ck-H34d Wrote:

Found it after playing a bit with the code, but I see why the fonts are locked. Different fonts mess a lot with the style and almost everything would need to be readjusted to the new font.
I will try to figure out a different solution. I am currently checking if I can combine the Chinese glyphs with the Kiye font you used and bake one single font supporting both without changing half the skin. 

Type light to help you. With it, I redid the font 2881703.

(2019-12-21, 14:54)Konon Wrote:
(2019-12-21, 12:01)Bl4ck-H34d Wrote:

Type light to help you. With it, I redid the font 2881703.   
Thank you!
I also just finished baking my own font from the Arial shipped with Kodi (support for arabic, chinese, russian, and lots of other alphabets) together with the original font from Aeon TAJO. Now everything looks as it is supposed to and my netflix displays the Chinese and japanese characters Big Grin
Happy Happy!
Now I only need the ability to change Play Station 1 CDs in the RetroPlayer and Kodi will be perfect for my purpose B)

RE: Aeon TAJO - Bl4ck-H34d - 2019-12-22

Not sure how to take screenshots in Kodi at my Raspberry Pi 4. Do I have to attach a keyboard and press the PRT SCR button or is there a way to do this with my gamepad?
I solved the problem anyway, so nevermind. But thank you very much for trying to help! And thank you for that amazing Skin, after checking the source code I am even more amazed at how much work and effort you put in there!

@manfeed  Do you want the font I created for your skin? It should add support for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Tibetan and some other Alphabets that were included in Kodis standard skin, without breaking the skins alignment and spacing.

RE: Aeon TAJO - manfeed - 2019-12-22

Ok, why not? I’ll have a look

(2019-12-22, 02:47)manfeed Wrote: Ok, why not? I’ll have a look

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ua6cjgilpappg1/Kiye%20Sans.ttf?dl=0

RE: Aeon TAJO - Konon - 2019-12-22

(2019-12-22, 00:47)Bl4ck-H34d Wrote: @manfeed  Do you want the font I created for your skin? It should add support for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Tibetan and some other Alphabets that were included in Kodis standard skin, without breaking the skins alignment and spacing.
I understand that you have combined two fonts (Kiye Sans and Arial) into one Unicode. But this is not entirely correct, different font styles in some languages will be mixed. For example, Greek.
Image Image

(2019-12-22, 10:36)Konon Wrote:
(2019-12-22, 00:47)Bl4ck-H34d Wrote: @manfeed  Do you want the font I created for your skin? It should add support for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Tibetan and some other Alphabets that were included in Kodis standard skin, without breaking the skins alignment and spacing.
I understand that you have combined two fonts (Kiye Sans and Arial) into one Unicode. But this is not entirely correct, different font styles in some languages will be mixed. For example, Greek.
ImageImage 
Thank you for pointing me at that! I only had chance to test the Chinese part (which with 20000 characters was so massive that I chose to just exchange the latin alphabet by the one used in Manfeeds skin.)
I guess people using other alphabets will have to include their font into my file as well. I just learned the basics about fonts yesterday to the extend to solve my own problem with kodi. I think others will have to check this solution and most likely have to adapt it to their issues in the skin.
Can the file be salvaged by, lets say, just adding in the greek alphabet from another font? Since I only use the latin alphabet and Chinese, I think I made the mistake of copying in every letter supplied by the other font (from greek I remember it was only a hand full of letters) which explains, why the greek alphabet is messed up a bit.
I should have added just the latin alphabet, so the other alphabets would stay intact. Anyone who wants to do the same for their respective alphabet can simply use the same way I did it in 10 minutes without the copy&paste part:

- Download FontForge
- Open the Arial.ttf from Kodis native skin with it.
- IMPORTANT: Use the same window opening this skin now to open the Kiye Sans.ttf from Aeon TAJO, otherwise copy and paste wont work correctly.
- I used Arial as my base font and inserted all letters from Kiye. In cases where you need only one alphabet it might make more sense to use just a different font renamed to Kiye Sans.ttf and do the following:
- Go to Element > Font-Attributes(first entry, might be called different in English, I use a German install of FontForge) of both fonts
- Navigate to General(second category) and change all numbers according to the Kiye Sans numbers
- Navigate to OS/2 and do the same in the tab "Metrics","Sub/Super" and "Panose" and close the window after making the changes.
Now go to "File" and Creater the Font. For me this worked. Hope it will worked for others the same way without tweaking more than this minimum. Good luck!

RE: Aeon TAJO - Konon - 2019-12-22

(2019-12-22, 12:12)Bl4ck-H34d Wrote:
(2019-12-22, 10:36)Konon Wrote:
(2019-12-22, 00:47)Bl4ck-H34d Wrote:  

I agree with you. Your Unicode font version is easier to edit. It already has letters and it is clear which needs to be redone. Previously, it looked like this and many passed by this wonderful cover.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.